Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Valve working on all those games isn't really a leak. Whether it's actually coming out this year, or even this decade, would be though.

Valve's not working on HL3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Kewpuh posted:

I've read this a few times but I have no idea what any of it means

Kewpuh your text no longer links to the dancing robot

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

I don't remember the details of what they promised, but a PS3 copy entitled you to a Steam copy, you could sync saves between versions (or at least chapter progress), and you could see Steam friends from Portal 2. Might have been something more as well.

There's also PC/PS3 cross play: You can co op with a friend playing on Playstation. This also works with the Portal 2 DLC.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

If another Portal game exists I want it to be that F-Stop prequel thing that was mentioned in that final hours app.

or you know, that experiment could get it's own ip, whatever.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rinkles posted:

It was pretty bonkers. Sadly didn't lead to much afterwards. It was an interesting direction for both parties.

The PSN hack/month long outage happened like the day Portal 2 came out so that probably killed it. If PSN worked and people were using all those features on release maybe other games would have come out with Steam support, maybe not, but it and, uh, SOCOM 4? It was another title where the online was a big focus, whatever else it was that came out that week really got screwed over.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

The PSN hack/month long outage happened like the day Portal 2 came out so that probably killed it. If PSN worked and people were using all those features on release maybe other games would have come out with Steam support, maybe not, but it and, uh, SOCOM 4? It was another title where the online was a big focus, whatever else it was that came out that week really got screwed over.

Mortal Kombat was that week, too. :negative:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

There's also PC/PS3 cross play: You can co op with a friend playing on Playstation. This also works with the Portal 2 DLC.

Yes, I even did this. Worked fine.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

univbee posted:

Mortal Kombat was that week, too. :negative:

Not like it would of been working anyways. MK9 had horrendously bad netcode on launch and you were lucky to even get to play, let alone one that didn't lag to hell, here's hoping that we get something better for MKX. Speaking of which, Ed has confirmed that they will be at E3 showing off gameplay and more characters, two of which Ed describes as "two of my new favorites", so I'm pretty stoked to see the game in action.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

At some point we pondered the fate of Adam "3 out of 5" Sessler and Kevin "GBS" Perriera. Ponder no more:

quote:

@geoffkeighley
My friends @adamsessler and @kpereira will both be stopping by to join us as panelists for All Access Live from E3 next week.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Kevin "GBS" Perriera

The "something is awful" guy?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

At some point we pondered the fate of Adam "3 out of 5" Sessler and Kevin "GBS" Perriera. Ponder no more:

I'm more interested in seeing Konami guy as Microsoft's new hype man

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

Yechezkel posted:

It's a swerve! It'll be a PS app for Steam in-home streaming.

karoshi posted:

SteamOS for PS4. The PS4 runs a modified BSD kernel, it could easily run a linux compatibility layer, with AMD OpenGL drivers. Yay! Portal on PS4!

I said come in! posted:

A version of Steam OS where you can use your PS4 to stream your Steam games from your PC to your PS4 and use the PS4 controller. Steam already has streaming capabilities like what the PS4 to Vita is.

This is probably what it is. They specified that it's a Valve feature and I can see them working with Sony to put some kind of Steam app on PS4 for in-home streaming of PC games to the TV via PS4 and using the Dualshock 4 as a controller. They'll likely have some setup that makes it very slick and easy to use, and people will get to play Team Fortress 2 etc. on PS4.

Valve already has this technology working (as does Sony, with PS4 to Vita) and it's something that would benefit both companies tremendously, as well as developers. It's pretty much a win for everybody involved if it's announced.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Organs posted:

This is probably what it is. They specified that it's a Valve feature and I can see them working with Sony to put some kind of Steam app on PS4 for in-home streaming of PC games to the TV via PS4 and using the Dualshock 4 as a controller. They'll likely have some setup that makes it very slick and easy to use, and people will get to play Team Fortress 2 etc. on PS4.

Valve already has this technology working (as does Sony, with PS4 to Vita) and it's something that would benefit both companies tremendously, as well as developers. It's pretty much a win for everybody involved if it's announced.

Or it was a joke.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If it's Steam in-home streaming, I'll buy a PS4 on the double. Unless it also works with PS3. Then I'll probably get a WiiU.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Half Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, DOTA 3 all announced at E3 this year confirmed?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Red Minjo posted:

Half Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, DOTA 3 all announced at E3 this year confirmed?

It's no longer 2013, so that isn't happening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dorito's man has got an all star cast this year to make up for how uninteresting he is.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Its a little sad that the whole point of the original Dewritos Pope article is that Jeff Keighley really is one of the best in the games journalism business and even he has been forced to stoop to that level. There's nothing wrong with him being chosen to host an event like that, he does have games journalism gravitas.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Half-Life 3 confirmed as a PS4 exclusive.

ByteS
Oct 10, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm more interested in seeing Konami guy as Microsoft's new hype man

If Tak Fuji does the presentation for Microsoft this year I would buy one.

I present to you, Xbox One. woooooooooooooooow

The Xbox one is an extreeeeeeeeeme All-In-One entertainment system

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
One million Doritos.

Woooooow.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Tak Fuji's presentation was genuinely enjoyable, but I don't know if he's going to do any presentation since he was diagnosed with cancer last year.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You wouldn't be ready:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just found out I'm going to be working or sleeping for every conference except EA. :smith: Oh what a world.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Steve2911 posted:

Just found out I'm going to be working or sleeping for every conference except EA. :smith: Oh what a world.

If you're not taking vacation leave to laugh at E3 conferences, you're living your life wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

There's Dragon Age Inquisition at the E3 conference at least. :/ Maybe Mirror's Edge 2. So it might be kinda exciting, but usually their conference is real boring.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Even at the GameStop conferences which are closer to the holiday release hype EA's are always the most boring and useless. It was even worse when NBA Live was still a thing as if anyone could possibly care after NBA2K9 came out. The only year they had cool presentation was for when Dead Space 2 was coming out, they were (rightfully) extremely proud of that game.

They do give out inflatable toys of weapons from their games though. I have like a small arsenal of Mass Effect/Dead Space/Dragon Age weaponry I never got around to throwing out.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

There's Dragon Age Inquisition at the E3 conference at least. :/ Maybe Mirror's Edge 2. So it might be kinda exciting, but usually their conference is real boring.
People are excited about Dragon Age 3 after the last one??

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Maybe they think "there is no way it can be possibly be worst then Dragon Age 2".

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I feel kind of bad for Bioware seeing is that Obsidian and CD Projekt are going to completely put them to shame with Eternity and Witcher 3.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rirse posted:

Maybe they think "there is no way it can be possibly be worst then Dragon Age 2".
I'm just saying if Dead Space or Mass Effect are any indication you should not get excited from a third title in an EA franchise

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want a sequel to the Stanley Parable. Most fun I've had in an office building since Portal 2.

I'm just saying if Dead Space or Mass Effect are any indication you should not get excited from a third title in an EA franchise

Why not, those games prices came down to under 10 bucks real quick.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bioware seems pretty serious about going back to what made Dragon Age Origins so good. There are multiple races you can play as, multiple locations you can visit, and the combat is being tweaked and improved based on Dragon Age Origins combat, not Dragon Age 2.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Bioware seems pretty serious about going back to what made Dragon Age Origins so good. There are multiple races you can play as, multiple locations you can visit, and the combat is being tweaked and improved based on Dragon Age Origins combat, not Dragon Age 2.

Multiple locations in an RPG. Truly this will be a next gen gaming experience.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

They seem to be making an honest effort of it not being a piece of poo poo like DA 2/ME 3 but I still don't get why anyone would ever give them money before release after DA 2.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DrManiac posted:

They seem to be making an honest effort of it not being a piece of poo poo like DA 2/ME 3 but I still don't get why anyone would ever give them money before release after DA 2.

Because they've cultivated a group of suckers consumers who always believe them when they say, "No, this time will be different. Those giant warning signs telling you that things have gotten even worse are just because of whiners on the Internet. Pre-order now and get late game equipment so you don't actually have to play the game!"

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Of you are excited for a bioware game at this point you are a dumbass

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am excited for video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

THe Road to E3 is filled with so many possibilites that we cannot simply assume a company is not working on a title.

8 days away from now, friends.

• Locked thread