Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hail Slenderman! Hail Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I am Toni Lippi posted:

This is going to be a pretty decent Law and Order episode.

I want to know who'll play Seymour "Highprice" Candaya, the administrator of the "Coolstuff.Com" website

(Not based on actual events)
(Totally is based on actual events)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

redshirt posted:

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

redshirt posted:

gently caress yeah

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm leaving CNN comments as "Sander Mane"

Hail Satan

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The real question is, if it was a contest, what did Victor Surge win?

What has he acquired from the blood of this girl?

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

would (stab repeatedly)

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
Is the real tragedy that a 12 year old was almost brutally murdered in cold blood, or that SA will never receive enough credit for it?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

CaptainSarcastic posted:

And yet she probably thinks it is totally legit to take fantasy from books like "The Old Testament" and "The New Testament" seriously.

Ah, "She is a mom of two" - she's surely the right person to tell everyone else about parenting.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I can't wait until a teenager stabs somebody else because Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale told her to.
Actually between Night Vale, Slenderman, and Zach Parsons SA's been a better horror site than a comedy site for ages.

I read an article today that blamed everything on Creepypasta. No mention of SA.

Do we get royalties from Doctor Who ripping us off?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They should really be put in jail because they failed, prefect alibi they left and she stayed. Hail Slender man! They are pretty crazy though.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
<3

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
This is it. We have hit peak insanity.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Count Chocula posted:

I can't wait until a teenager stabs somebody else because Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale told her to.
Actually between Night Vale, Slenderman, and Zach Parsons SA's been a better horror site than a comedy site for ages.

I read an article today that blamed everything on Creepypasta. No mention of SA.

yea nobody cares (as they shouldnt)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

XCPuff posted:

This is it. We have hit peak insanity.

It's not really that surprising, though.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/nevada-tan

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

Xaris posted:

Do the same graph with Goatse and you will see SA is dying with the goat man.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
we're of a kind, the goats and us
dying breeds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

we're of a kind, the goats and us
dying breeds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV_3qx-oBms

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Pirateparty posted:

Is the real tragedy that a 12 year old was almost brutally murdered in cold blood, or that SA will never receive enough credit for it?

I was really hoping for more media attention on SA leading to an array of sweeping forum reforms where we would have to end any untrue posts with "lol j/k" to make sure 12 year olds didn't confuse it with reality.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Risk posted:

Do the same graph with Goatse and you will see SA is dying with the goat man.

yea though goatse is more relevant lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i still search for goatse way more often than something awful

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I search for SA every day.

I do not search within SA, however.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I was really hoping for more media attention on SA leading to an array of sweeping forum reforms where we would have to end any untrue posts with "lol j/k" to make sure 12 year olds didn't confuse it with reality.

I my local news they are talking about slenderman every morning and they have not mentioned SA a single time...all they mention is that weird site they read it from.

SA is dead

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I find this trend disturbing:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
So is the consensus that we want SA to be associated with kid stabbings & we're all super disappointed that we're not more popular as a result of the kid stabbings?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So is the consensus that we want SA to be associated with kid stabbings & we're all super disappointed that we're not more popular as a result of the kid stabbings?

yes

(not really no, it's funny how utterly irrelevant SA is. not that that's new information but even a kid-stabbing leaves it in utter irrelevancey)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Nailed it.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Then I think the easy solution is more kid stabbings. Someone start up some more photoshop wars that will trigger kid stabbings.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When did SA relevancy become a "thing"?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
always

SA has always envied more successful websites such as 4chan and reddit

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
because it's easy to lament how a pretty fun forum was neglected for almost 10 years coupled with bad various decisions leaving to be less than a shell of it's former self

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

redshirt posted:

When did SA relevancy become a "thing"?

contemplating mortality and irrelevance instead of making bitchin' stupid photoshops may be a _? life crisis

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
rip LF not even a thousand presidential death threats should have held you back

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Xaris posted:

wat happen november 2005?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Xaris posted:

because it's easy to lament how a pretty fun forum was neglected for almost 10 years coupled with bad various decisions leaving to be less than a shell of it's former self

It's weird how interest diminished in the forums once people decided to stop effortposting, you would think people would be pouring in for "gas thread, ban op" & skeleton boner gifs.

I think if SA was in any way relevant I would feel more awkward posting here. I'm okay with not having to worry about being on an MSNBC panel trying to explain how our latest fart joke thread caused a school shooting.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
came fore skeletonboner.jpg, stayed for i'm gay

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Came for the kid stabbings, stayed for the endless threads about transexuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Then I think the easy solution is more kid stabbings. Someone start up some more photoshop wars that will trigger kid stabbings.

Just get the Night Vale guy to tell his army of tumblr fangirls that they'll go join Cecil in gay makeout heaven if they sacrifice a kid to SA.

• Locked thread