Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

univbee posted:

GIF and MP3 can be combined into a single file (because GIF data is at the start of the file and MP3 data is at the tail end, and just sees the GIF as part of the header), Everdraed records some weird thing to go with each of his GIFs, if you rename an Everdraed gif file to have an .mp3 extension it will play in audio playback software.

Thanks I did that but it didn't open in WMP so I figured I'd done something wrong.

It did work when I opened it in VLC. Also it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Whalley posted:

I've have never play gear of war

This got buried by Everdraed's post but I think it's great.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

:bravo:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How do you make it play sound?!

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

How do you make it play sound?!

Put your ear really close to the .gif

Or:

univbee posted:

GIF and MP3 can be combined into a single file (because GIF data is at the start of the file and MP3 data is at the tail end, and just sees the GIF as part of the header), Everdraed records some weird thing to go with each of his GIFs, if you rename an Everdraed gif file to have an .mp3 extension it will play in audio playback software.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

CLIFFY SPEAKS... TO YOU!

THE LANCER IS GOOD!
THE LOCUST IS EVIL!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

To recognize non-Everdraed greatness, this is very clever. :golfclap:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I think the thing Everdraed uses is the same way they sometimes put game data into images, like the Spore Creature Creator data or the levels for Monaco.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
It's quite easy actually! You don't actually need extra programs to do it. The hardest part is actually uploading it.
:eng101: http://www.instructables.com/id/MP3-GIF%3A-Hide-Music-Inside-A-Picture/ :eng101:
You'll only need extra programs if you're editing the image and/or audio. Audacity is great for basic audio editing/cutting.

Example:

It will not work if the page/site re-compresses or fucks around with the image in any way. Try to avoid sites like imgur and I believe photobucket.
Minus is the best one for gifs because it doesn't fiddle with your image and it has large upload allowances.
You can do it with jpgs and pngs too but the problem again is finding a host that doesn't gently caress with your file.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
What I wanna know is how you guys realized there was an MP3 in it so quickly? Do you just go dragging every GIF on the forums into winamp just in case? :psyduck:

edit: And I still can't get audio out of that thing no matter what I do.

VVVV Ahh. Fair enough, but I still can't pry the audio out of Everdread's, though I was able to hear the baracktrooper bangbangbang.

BuhamutZeo fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 4, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BuhamutZeo posted:

What I wanna know is how you guys realized there was an MP3 in it so quickly? Do you just go dragging every GIF on the forums into winamp just in case? :psyduck:

I'm not sure if he always has, but Everdraed has embedded an MP3 in every GIF he makes for a while; the first few times I think he either hinted at it or tipped someone off in the thread to get them to post "holy poo poo, rename the GIF to MP3!"

HamSmoothie
Nov 17, 2007
The other white meat is now a tasty beverage!

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

I'm jealous of your roto and tracking. It's always so smooth.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BloodWulfe posted:

:psyboom::psypop:

I need to learn how to do this.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BloodWulfe posted:

Make the locust face melt too and it'll be perfect.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I mean, the fact that everything he does is technically humanly possible doesn't change my opinion that Everdraed is both a wizard and has sold his soul to the devil.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

C'mon guys don't get discouraged, there's not much time left and prizes to win.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Enos Shenk posted:

Nobody went for the low-hanging xbone fruit yet?

I'm more surprised no one picked this one, seeing how it's a white piece of paper and all:

BloodWulfe posted:

Your masking looks quite good! I wouldn't be too jealous, even with a good tracking setup I usually spend ridiculous amounts of time fiddling between frames to get things looking anywhere close to smooth. Anyone who's willing to spend the time frame by frame can honestly do the same.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Everdraed, beside you being a gif-genius I also like how you take the time to make your own mp3 content for the images.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I think this is the best thing you ever made.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

It turns out that the next Gears is actually a Slenderman game. You have to stab your way through hordes of preteen girls to get to his mansion in the woods and become his acolyte.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

RaIp posted:

It turns out that the next Gears is actually a Slenderman game. You have to stab your way through hordes of preteen girls to get to his mansion in the woods and become his acolyte.

drat, dude.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

RaIp posted:

If lowtax never comes back from China can you do the fox news interview?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Liquid Penguins posted:

If lowtax never comes back from China can you do the fox news interview?

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

Stuck at work and only have paint.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Everdraed posted:

Your masking looks quite good! I wouldn't be too jealous, even with a good tracking setup I usually spend ridiculous amounts of time fiddling between frames to get things looking anywhere close to smooth. Anyone who's willing to spend the time frame by frame can honestly do the same.

Thanks, but it's definitely an area I need to work on. I have a hard time judging what's "good enough" for a quick mask, and I always use too many bezier curves so when I try to touch it up frame by frame it often ends up with a bad wiggle look.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:master:

Ulu
Nov 7, 2005

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Woah

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 6, 2014

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

God drat son you can't just end a contest on page one like that

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin

Congratulations to Everdraed! His first-place Amazon gift card has been e-mailed.

Looks like there are still some good submissions coming in, though, so I'll go ahead and extend the contest a week until Thursday the 12th, with another $40 Amazon gift card up for grabs! (This week's entries remain eligible.) Thanks!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Does this mean Everdraed is eligible to win twice with his second gif :v:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

God drat son you can't just end a contest on page one like that

You can if you're Everdraed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU