Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Corek posted:

Napoleon isn't holding a weapon there, though.
That's why he ultimately lost :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trigger warning: minimalism

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Those headphones look pretty boss though

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This would seriously be a fantastic ad for the headphones tie-in, as a film poster it's useless.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

"Stand together or face extinction" is written on the wrong poster.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Content:

Okay I was already planning to see this movie but now they've gone and got my hopes up to the stratosphere.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

The MSJ posted:

Content:

The horse seems happy to be there

"I'm helping!"

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Whiteycar posted:

The horse seems happy to be there

"I'm helping!"

Thanks, jerk, now I can't un-see that.

EDIT: *Does not actually think poster is a jerk.*

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
I would hang all those Godzilla posters in my house.

Darthemed posted:

timg'd for gross.

I kind of want to subject myself to this...morbid curiosity is a horrible thing...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trigger Warning: This is poo poo.

What does it tell me about the movie? Noooootttthhhhing.

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 6, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The character uses his headphones as a way to connect himself to earth. The lack of the walkman implies he is fully disconnected from earth.

It's not a poster that I'd like to see hanging up anywhere, but it's kinda cute.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 6, 2014

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

CelticPredator posted:

The character uses his headphones as a way to connect himself to earth. The lack of the walkman imply he is fully disconnected from earth.

It's not a poster that I'd like to see hanging up anywhere, but it's kinda cute.

Could have spoilered that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is that a spoiler? I mean, it's pretty obvious. Everything I said is in the trailer. The walkman, and him flat out saying "I come from earth!"

Now, I don't know if the movie will end with him not being connected to earth or something, but that's just my interpretation of the poster.

Edit: vv Kinda does, actually.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 6, 2014

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
It looks like an indie romantic comedy poster

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Could have spoilered that.

It's in the trailer.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It does not surprise me one bit that in the war between species, horses would side with the apes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

davidspackage posted:

It does not surprise me one bit that in the war between species, horses would side with the apes.

Well, to be honest, it is chickens and cows the ones that we should be wary of. And pigs, but that's a given.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

davidspackage posted:

I don't know. I think they'd be a little cheesed that they're so easy to enslave. "Why does this keep happening?! Why do they want to ride us?"

EDIT:

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I kind of want to subject myself to this...morbid curiosity is a horrible thing...

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huf_CnvOhlo

It actually looks... Kinda funny? In an obscure Troma way, I guess.

And anyone who wants to snag one of those polish Godzilla posters can get them through this specialty website (just be prepared to pay between $130 and $400): http://www.polishposter.com/

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 6, 2014

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
That's alright. We humans would have dogs by our side.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I don't understand this tagline. What's the pun supposed to be? Seriously, help. Also, Jim Carrey has seven shoulders.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I don't understand any of that. I feel like it's in another goddamn language and loving :aslol: the clone tool.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Max22 posted:

Also, Jim Carrey has seven shoulders.

I am astonished by the idea of nobody noticing that before this got released. It's the shoulder of the biggest star in the movie, which probably means all sorts of people had to look at it and approve it.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

davidspackage posted:

I am astonished by the idea of nobody noticing that before this got released. It's the shoulder of the biggest star in the movie, which probably means all sorts of people had to look at it and approve it.

I want to believe it's supposed to be his jacket rippling in the wind. That tagline makes no sense. Do they really get the car back? UGH.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
The poster looks awful, but I'm pretty sure the tagline is just supposed to be intentionally incomprehensible.

Madkal posted:

That's alright. We humans would have dogs by our side.

You are so loving naive. The dogs would be the first to sell us out.

It's all part-a the cycle, man. First the year of the Monkey. Then the year of the Dog. Then the year of the Horse. Next thing you know it'll be fuckin' year of the Rabbit, and we'll be getting Michael Bay presents Neill Blomkamp's Night of the Lepus, and where will your butt-sniffin' pooches be then?

Nowhere! That's where!

Now, shut up and eat your drat cereal!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They're ripping that Dumb and Dumber poster down all over the internet so either it isn't real, was leaked, or Universal royally hosed up. I kinda doubt the third one, they have a good department but I guess it's possible. But no way would they let that finished product out intentionally.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I'm less bothered by that than the fact that this is a sequel to a movie that came out 20 years ago. But then, there's Ghostbusters III which is 25 years in the making.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Corek posted:

Napoleon isn't holding a weapon there, though.

Napoleon knew the ancient Japanese arts of Karate. His hands were considered lethal weapons.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

FreudianSlippers posted:

Napoleon knew the ancient Japanese arts of Karate. His hands were considered lethal weapons.

He's a telekinetic and he's saying see that mountain? I'm gonna magneto this bitch. The horse on its hind quarters is because he knew that would make it look cooler.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

Disappointed to see that Friedkin have not reviewed any other products.

Content:

Saw the preview for this today and it looked pretty good, but do I need to see the one from a couple years ago or is this movie stand-alone enough?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

Saw the preview for this today and it looked pretty good, but do I need to see the one from a couple years ago or is this movie stand-alone enough?

How should we know? It's not out yet.

Still, watch Rise because it kicks rear end.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, its going to be a month before that comes out - im sure you can find a couple hours in this timeframe to sit down and watch a great movie.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah, Rise of the Planet of the Apes is worth watching. I was surprised by how good it was.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

oshuaj posted:

Yeah, Rise of the Planet of the Apes is worth watching. I was surprised by how good it was.

Everyone was surprised by how good Rise was, that movie came out of left field.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I mistook this for a Halloween 3 poster which would be pretty :lol:

A quick GIS brought up this thing.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

48: 7 Golden Men, several gorgeous posters

the yellow ink on this one (above) is actually a metallic gold which doesn't come across in this pic

my favourite poster ever and the blonde chase variant

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I see your seven golden men and raise you seven golden vampires.

Here's a poster I am now proud to say I have in my personal collection. It was an impulse buy when I was browsing through a poster store. I've only seen two of Walerian Borowczyk's films, it and Goto, the Island of Love, and I think they're both bizarre and weirdly poetic in their own way.

I'm especially interested in how this kind of ad campaign was mirrored with von Trier's Antichrist:

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
So is Seven Golden Men the best movie ever, cause those posters are implying that fairly heavily.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mister Chief posted:

Starring Rumer Willis as Skrillex and Miles Teller as toothbrush dick.

Looks like Jame Gumb finally finished his skin suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hat Thoughts posted:

It looks like an indie romantic comedy poster

It's the yellow that does it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/jrmWj