Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I literally sharted in anger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chick3n posted:

edit: Fantasia Music Evolved comes out October 21st https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRyepQBoCM

This somehow looks terrible and compelling all at the same time. The gal they have doing the live action mime can't look more bored, and the freestyle playground stuff doesn't look all that great but there is something so charming about this.

Heck, I'll buy it just to help Harmonix from dying due to MS shelving Kinect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

you mean the exact thing that happened here like 2 weeks ago?

For some explanation I come back here after a year away and theres this same guy posting literally the exact same things (thousands of times apparently from post history) from before about something he will never buy so I asked if he was mentally ill. He didn't understand so I framed it in a way a guy who uses the forums as much as him would.

You did it wrong anyway because it's against the rules to be concerned about someone's health on SA.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

For some explanation I come back here after a year away and theres this same guy posting literally the exact same things (thousands of times apparently from post history) from before about something he will never buy so I asked if he was mentally ill. He didn't understand so I framed it in a way a guy who uses the forums as much as him would.

Perhaps it is you who are the true mad at video games?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I literally sharted in anger

You're a freak and you should stop posting immediately tia

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I cannot remember where I was the morning of 9/11, but I remember the scream I unleashed when Capcom's latest masterpiece went multiplatform.

In reality, it's good DR3 is going to pc. It's fun and more people should play it. If DR3 was gonna sell 'Bones, it's sold them. I don't think MS gives that big a care if a game is platform exclusive or company exclusive, so long as it's not on Sony consoles. Since they essentially paid for DR3 to be completed, you can be sure they're the ones getting that game on the pc.

It's not like MS hasn't done that with other big exclusives like Halo games and Titanfall.

e: Also on 9/11 I was in computer class.

e2: Even DR1 went to the Wii, though that was different as from what I read DR3 wasn't gonna get finished until MS opened their checkbook.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 6, 2014

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Oh for sure man

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Long time Xbox Loyalist and thread lurker here. Bought a 'Bone on day one, huge fan of the exclusives. Was really hoping when I bought this children's toy that the games for it wouldn't be available on other platforms, but when I fired up the IE app to browse the net this morning I was pretty drat shocked to hear that some lovely pile of crap was gonna be on PC as well or some poo poo. Lmfao. And now some brain dead retards who post in the xbox bashing thread 24/7 have come to rub it in *visibly shaking now* Not dead rising...I chose the wrong console. This is bullshit...

Cool post, you fit right in with everyone else here rabidly championing the XBone.

Except that no one here thinks that the XBone is gaming's ambrosia, except maybe Captain Rainbowbeard.

PS: I think this is the thread you are looking for: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=451

Saladman fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 6, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

How do you guys feel about Dead Rising 3, one of the pillar exclusives of the platform, no longer being exclusive?

Does this worry you guys at all (seeing as the reply to the question post was mostly "I got an Xbox one for its exclusives")?

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo except the other xbone thread.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Maneki Neko posted:

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo except the other xbone thread.

I am pretty sure at least one person in this thread gave a poo poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think its you're more like the girl who posts a sick fit but has fresh cut marks up and down their legs and gets annoyed if people say you need help.

this is me

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

You're sick in the head man, get help.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Soul Glo posted:

I cannot remember where I was the morning of 9/11, but I remember the scream I unleashed when Capcom's latest masterpiece went multiplatform.

Hahaha, christ. I thought I clicked the other Xbone thread instead and this right here kept the illusion up.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Soul Glo posted:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

How do you guys feel about Dead Rising 3, one of the pillar exclusives of the platform, no longer being exclusive?

Does this worry you guys at all (seeing as the reply to the question post was mostly "I got an Xbox one for its exclusives")?

It's good for Capcom, they always appear like a studio one bad release away from the employment office. The minimum specs are pretty high so you'd need a decent PC to run it well, plus you have to wait 8+ months. Anyone interested in DR3 and consoles has completed it send sold it on. It does make DR4 much more likely, which is a good thing. It's a console war dude, PC's are just super smug civilians. If it was released on PS4 it might be annoying as then there would be a game on that console I wanted.

I guarantee you no one was as mad at this news as you were at the news the gold paywall was removed and games with gold launched on this console you hate so strangely and so intensely.

Also I know it's none of my business but you shouldn't cut yourself man, people notice.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Commissar Ken posted:

Hahaha, christ. I thought I clicked the other Xbone thread instead and this right here kept the illusion up.

To be fair right now this is a much better and funnier thread. This whole console warriorism thing has gotten a little dark.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

To be fair right now this is a much better and funnier thread. This whole console warriorism thing has gotten a little dark.

Like this generations consoles they are both good and bad for different reasons, each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

Have Microsoft ever had any plans on a handheld device? They are the only one of The Big Three without one and I think if done right it could really do well, it could be a games system like the Vita and also maybe a touch screen TV guide etc etc.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Congratulations; you have described Windows Phone.

Edit: No, seriously. They added achievements to Windows Phone/RT apps. They consider it a legitimate mobile platform.

Of course they aren't doing anything to curry favor with dedicated handheld developers, but with mobile games being as they are this shouldn't really be a surprise.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

peter gabriel posted:

Like this generations consoles they are both good and bad for different reasons, each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

Have Microsoft ever had any plans on a handheld device? They are the only one of The Big Three without one and I think if done right it could really do well, it could be a games system like the Vita and also maybe a touch screen TV guide etc etc.

They're trying to push people to windows phone/cheap windows 8 tablets, but neither have really taken off.

I think the time for this has come and gone though, they might have been able to pull this off earlier in the 360's lifespan, but at this point mobile is so entrenched and they've got enough other platforms that aren't really taking off that I don't see them launching a new one.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
It doesn't really make sense to get into the handheld market right now. The only thing it might be cool for them to do on that front is putting Remote Play type functionality on Windows 8/Phone 8/RT, but they have to come up with a good solution for controlling it first, since nobody wants to carry an Xbox controller on the go.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Maneki Neko posted:

They're trying to push people to windows phone/cheap windows 8 tablets, but neither have really taken off.

I think the time for this has come and gone though, they might have been able to pull this off earlier in the 360's lifespan, but at this point mobile is so entrenched and they've got enough other platforms that aren't really taking off that I don't see them launching a new one.

I never considered the Windows phone thing. That's got a whiff of genius about it really as the hardware is there and it's obviously Windows based.
They should expand on that idea, it could be good.

SparkPeople
Nov 10, 2012

I think its you're more like the girl who posts a sick fit but has fresh cut marks up and down their legs and gets annoyed if people say you need help.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SparkPeople posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

I think he has an issue with girls who posts a sick fit but has fresh cut marks up and down their legs and gets annoyed if people say you need help.
I never understood that myself, but here we are.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

peter gabriel posted:

Nah, the handheld market can't even really support what's there, not like it did during the DS' tenure, when that was wild everywhere and the PSP was strong in Japan. The 3DS did well, but a drop off kinda indicates it's reaching saturation and the Vita is doing okay only in Japan, though what owners it does have are really supporting it-- it reportedly has a really good attach rate.

I'm kinda convinced MS only really cares about Xbox in that it puts another device with their name attached in homes since they make their money on software. They could probably actually take or leave gaming outside of the added exposure it gives. Not to say there aren't people at Xbox who are passionate about games, but the corporation caring enough to expand into another gaming market? Eh.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Soul Glo posted:

Nah, the handheld market can't even really support what's there, not like it did during the DS' tenure, when that was wild everywhere and the PSP was strong in Japan. The 3DS did well, but a drop off kinda indicates it's reaching saturation and the Vita is doing okay only in Japan, though what owners it does have are really supporting it-- it reportedly has a really good attach rate.

I'm kinda convinced MS only really cares about Xbox in that it puts another device with their name attached in homes since they make their money on software. They could probably actually take or leave gaming outside of the added exposure it gives. Not to say there aren't people at Xbox who are passionate about games, but the corporation caring enough to expand into another gaming market? Eh.

Good points, thanks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the other thread sucks lately, this is clearly the place to be.

popkillcult
Jun 23, 2006
.gnis ot dlrow eht hcaet ot ekil d'I. Harmony. In Perfect.

:lumpen: Xbox One General Discussion :lumpen:

:iia:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Crafty posted:

It's good for Capcom, they always appear like a studio one bad release away from the employment office. The minimum specs are pretty high so you'd need a decent PC to run it well, plus you have to wait 8+ months. Anyone interested in DR3 and consoles has completed it send sold it on. It does make DR4 much more likely, which is a good thing. It's a console war dude, PC's are just super smug civilians. If it was released on PS4 it might be annoying as then there would be a game on that console I wanted.

I guarantee you no one was as mad at this news as you were at the news the gold paywall was removed and games with gold launched on this console you hate so strangely and so intensely.

Also I know it's none of my business but you shouldn't cut yourself man, people notice.

Thanks for this post!

I guess "console exclusive" is still a Thing, I always forget that. I think there might be a chance at it hitting the PS4 (being announced at E3 in a video package with other games, or quietly slipped out) since the PC version was leaked rather than officially announced, which forced their hand on "announcing" it.

Jesus christ get help you fucko.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Serious reply to the exclusives thing; I'm ok with it, speaking as a once dedicated pc gamer. It sucked so bad to be stuck in my high powered gaming ghetto, waiting a year plus for something on the consoles to get ported and half the time the port gets cancelled or was just a rumor to begin with. In a perfect world everyone has all the games & play on the system you like.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
A bunch of new posts in the bone thread? There must have been a big announcement finally. .. oh wait, even better. :getin:

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

echronorian posted:

A bunch of new posts in the bone thread? There must have been a big announcement finally. .. oh wait, even better. :getin:

The June update finally made HDMI control work properly, so now the system doesn't shut off all my electronics when I turn it on, so... that's the best Bone related news in a while.

At this rate, it will be a decent device in about two years, at least for people who don't go crazy for the pees.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Saladman posted:

At this rate, it will be a decent device in about two years, at least for people who don't go crazy for the pees.

Oh on the subject of p's, both PS4 and Xbox versions run at 900 of them for UFC. The Xbox has less frame rate problems but lacks the 4x AA apparently. You can squint at some screenshots here if you like.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ufc-demo-performance-analysis

Personally I prefer a solid frame rate, I guess you have to pick one or the other as the console peasants we are.

I think there might be a chance at it hitting the PS4 (being announced at E3 in a video package with other games, or quietly slipped out) since the PC version was leaked rather than officially announced, which forced their hand on "announcing" it.

MS part funded development so I'd be surprised. Fingers crossed though!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Crafty posted:

Personally I prefer a solid frame rate

I keep finding myself agreeing with Crafty please send help.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

I keep finding myself agreeing with Crafty please send help.

Can you please take your constant poo poo trolling to the thread made for it? You are really asking if anyone is pissed that dead rising 3 is no longer exclusive because you are curious?

No one cares if dead rising 3 is exclusive. And no people didn't answer the questionnaire with I ONLY BOUGHT IT FOR THE EXCLUSIVES. Many of us like the console. You are welcome to dislike the console. Don't post poo poo just to start little fights.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So you get back from a year of not posting and immediately proceed to investigate someone's posting history and make really creepy insults?

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

I'm glad I won a free One a few months back so I get to enjoy Super Time Force.

And now that Games with Gold is a thing my One might finally get more use.

That is all.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mr. WTF posted:

Can you please take your constant poo poo trolling to the thread made for it? You are really asking if anyone is pissed that dead rising 3 is no longer exclusive because you are curious?

No one cares if dead rising 3 is exclusive. And no people didn't answer the questionnaire with I ONLY BOUGHT IT FOR THE EXCLUSIVES. Many of us like the console. You are welcome to dislike the console. Don't post poo poo just to start little fights.
Why are you lashing out and starting fights over a legitimate response to Crafty?

I'm really curious if this Watch Dogs easter egg is in the Xbox One version and would appreciate an informed answer:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5l1x5kQYvU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mr. WTF posted:

You are really asking if anyone is pissed that dead rising 3 is no longer exclusive because you are curious?

Yes, I am, you angry little weirdo.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Why are you lashing out and starting fights over a legitimate response to Crafty?

I'm really curious if this Watch Dogs easter egg is in the Xbox One version and would appreciate an informed answer:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5l1x5kQYvU

Yep, it is. Ran into it myself. Funnily enough, I found myself wondering if it was labeled differently in the PS4 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

theBeaz posted:

I'm glad I won a free One a few months back so I get to enjoy Super Time Force.

And now that Games with Gold is a thing my One might finally get more use.

That is all.

Max is good, didn't bother with the halo game. Have you managed to unlock the secret looker characters in time force? I'm starting to think I will never be able to beat the one on the first stage in 9600. Seriously one of the hardest things in a video game ever, maybe I'm missing something. Might cheat and watch some guides before I'm driven to perform a watch dogs easter egg on my bonetroller.

The one guide for cable TV works really well, I haven't touched my cable remote since it was launched in Canada.

Yes, I am, you angry little weirdo.

Hey man just relax.

• Locked thread