Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh good, my Dungeon World GM wants to switch our game to Strands of Fate. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh good, my Dungeon World GM wants to switch our game to Strands of Fate. :what:

Mediocre implementation to mediocre implementation... sounds fine to me! :v:

But good luck anyways.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Did you tell him that Atomic Robo FATE or Fate Accelerated are the new and improved versions? He might not be familiar with FATE in general and think Strands may be the latest version.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gau posted:

I just love that a dude who absconded from the forums in the most patronizing fashion because we aren't progressive enough is now doing a Pathfinder book.

:ironicat:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Can we just talk about elfgames and not have this ridiculous loving infighting between elfgame writers?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Can we just talk about elfgames and not have this ridiculous loving infighting between elfgame writers?

Writers. Hah.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Gau never wrote a loving word hth, and if there's anyone he has no right to rag on it's the dude who is personally bailing him out of his seven thousand dollar vanishing trick.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
What you need are some more blind playtestposters like me who have absolutely no idea what is going on at all for the most part in these threads.

"Who is Mikan? Why is Gau so angry? Why does everyone talk about bishies?"

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SALT CURES HAM posted:

This is the chat thread. If you want to talk about elfgames you have to go to one of the many fine elfgame threads.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quarex posted:

What you need are some more blind playtestposters like me who have absolutely no idea what is going on at all for the most part in these threads.

Come hang out in #badwrongfun on synirc.net, we will tell you everything.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Quarex posted:

Because if we didn't talk about bishies the thread would devolve into pointless sniping duels across timezones and the internet. That's right, folks, I :swoon: so you don't :sotw:!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Come hang out in #badwrongfun on synirc.net, we will tell you everything.

Tried, didn't work.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Because if we didn't talk about bishies the thread would devolve into pointless sniping duels across timezones and the internet. That's right, folks, I :swoon: so you don't :sotw:!

But Sniper Elite is so much fun!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

Did you tell him that Atomic Robo FATE or Fate Accelerated are the new and improved versions? He might not be familiar with FATE in general and think Strands may be the latest version.

But "he has Strands" and wants to turn the Eberron DW game where we play ourselves into one where we jump from game world to game world as ourselves.

I'm never going to play in a decent rl game. :(

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I would take that over "the paladin's god is called Niger and we're going to make jokes about that all night long and of COURSE it's not racist don't you know Niger is a country and it's not pronounced the same way!!!"

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

neongrey posted:

Gau never wrote a loving word hth, and if there's anyone he has no right to rag on it's the dude who is personally bailing him out of his seven thousand dollar vanishing trick.

The irony of calling it my vanishing trick when I've been here, posting, after all of this time (including an attempt at a come-clean thread) and the dude who did take the money actually, you know, vanished from the forums is appalling.

Also, I wrote something like ten thousand words for Nightfall. It's funny how Mikan didn't want to use that. If he was upset that there was a Gau hate club, he might have started with the mirror.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Evil Mastermind posted:

But "he has Strands" and wants to turn the Eberron DW game where we play ourselves into one where we jump from game world to game world as ourselves.

Ahahaha.

Gau posted:

The irony of calling it my vanishing trick when I've been here, posting, after all of this time (including an attempt at a come-clean thread) and the dude who did take the money actually, you know, vanished from the forums is appalling.

Also, I wrote something like ten thousand words for Nightfall. It's funny how Mikan didn't want to use that. If he was upset that there was a Gau hate club, he might have started with the mirror.

Shut up before I regret throwing away ten bucks.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Effectronica posted:

Shut up before I regret throwing away ten bucks.

No, I've had this title for like, a month. Bring your A game though, if I get called out for being a tranny again people might get angry.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gau posted:

No, I've had this title for like, a month. Bring your A game though, if I get called out for being a tranny again people might get angry.

Wait what.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

I was going to suggest not playing with fifteen year olds, but my RL GM hasn't changed his style since he was that age. Maybe slip him some Ritalin.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bieeardo posted:

I was going to suggest not playing with fifteen year olds, but my RL GM hasn't changed his style since he was that age. Maybe slip him some Ritalin.

He is, in fact, That Guy who changes his character every month or so in games he's in.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If Mikan leaving the forum made people this pissy then it was clearly worth it.

e: also,

Gau posted:

Maybe you should have sent them to someone who's working on the project now at some point. We've found a whole hell of a lot that was written for it over the past few months but not that.

Rulebook Heavily fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 8, 2014

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Gau posted:

No, I sent money to your kickstarter, and I considered it worth it because someone has probably doubled, if not quadrupled, their investment by buying all those red titles, but if you keep whining that monetary value will go down down down!!

You missed that title, huh? It was pretty glorious. Too bad the avatar lookups don't include text.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gau posted:

Oh no someone left the forums! GOON HONOUR over unrelated bullshit!!!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Arivia posted:

If Mikan seriously left over GBS 2.1 that's really funny, and I should dig up that pic from one of the old WoD threads.

Also, does anybody have links to both/either of Liesmith's Paladin threads?

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

No, it's cool, you don't have to dig anything up. Who cares if someone left the forums? Why do you care?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Adept Nightingale posted:

No, it's cool, you don't have to dig anything up. Who cares if someone left the forums? Why do you care?

I am a loving and great-hearted soul. Why wouldn't I care?

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Effectronica posted:

I am a loving and great-hearted soul. Why wouldn't I care?

You shouldn't care about the internet.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Arivia posted:

I think he meant Red_Mage, not Mikan.

Effectronica posted:

If Mikan seriously left over GBS 2.1 that's really funny, and I should dig up that pic from one of the old WoD threads.

Ask Mikan, I guess. This dumbass speculation drama is tiresome, and the fact that it gets dug up again every fuckin' month is moreso.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Winson_Paine posted:

I think he meant Red_Mage, not Mikan.

Ask Mikan, I guess. This dumbass speculation drama is tiresome, and the fact that it gets dug up again every fuckin' month is moreso.

The "Etherwind giving Mikan posting tips" pic is dead with waffleimages anyways. Oh well.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Gau posted:

Start one in DDRD if you like, it would probably get better results.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe, just maybe, you should do what I tell everyone who asks me privately and ask Mikan instead of speculating on poo poo. It's not hard.

In other news, good lord I now have two projects I conceived and wrote floating out there and they're probably both going to be in print within a month of one another. 100 dungeons deluxe is out for backers now. This is a strange feeling.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Edgy Designer sales stopped, so final sales report:

Total Sold: 128
Gross Sales: $127.00
Earnings: $82.55

Not bad for a few hours work on a lovely DW book :getin:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Effectronica posted:

The "Etherwind giving Mikan posting tips" pic is dead with waffleimages anyways. Oh well.

It's odd that you'd take any posting advice from someone who ate a 100,000 hour probation.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
I hope you enjoy the blood money you made off the backs of these poor, downtrodden MRAs. Way to be a pawn of the fempire.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Arivia posted:

It's odd that you'd take any posting advice from someone who ate a 100,000 hour probation.

:thejoke:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

To change the topic, hey, anybody here often hit the same beats with the characters they make for these games? I'm full of bishies, doy, but Battlemaster likes aristocratic-y and slightly arrogant women, Plutonis seems to like petite, angry chibi-types, and Comrade Gorbash's characters are apparently "Almond from Cucumber Quest". Anybody else want to confess?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Davin Valkri posted:

To change the topic, hey, anybody here often hit the same beats with the characters they make for these games? I'm full of bishies, doy, but Battlemaster likes aristocratic-y and slightly arrogant women, Plutonis seems to like petite, angry chibi-types, and Comrade Gorbash's characters are apparently "Almond from Cucumber Quest". Anybody else want to confess?

I do have a pipe smoking octopus too!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Davin Valkri posted:

I try to avoid it, but honestly I keep coming back to necromancers/blood sorcerers/whatever "dark magi" a given setting has. I don't know why beyond the obvious "it's fun for me" and people keep telling me they like my portrayal of said characters so it's all good, yeah? v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Davin Valkri posted:

I usually play a comic buffoon, but in real life games. I don't PbP.

• Locked thread