Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Holdbrooks posted:

I bet we could get 1k for him to smoke a box of spiders.

I'm in for a few bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

I think you're overestimating how much that would cost.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Rhyno posted:

I think you're overestimating how much that would cost.

You're right, a FSM should be enough.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I am onboard to crowd spider smoke fund anything and everything as long as I get to read about the pain and sadness of a biturbo.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'd eat a live black widow for a Biturbo

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

13 INCH DICK posted:

I'd eat a live black widow for a Biturbo

How much was that shitbox again $1500?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Holdbrooks posted:

How much was that shitbox again $1500?

I'm in for $100. Must be female, alive, and on video.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've got Civic parts to buy so I'm not throwing in more than $50.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Holdbrooks posted:

That would be beautifully poetic.

Take my :20bux:!

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I get paid in a few days. I should see if chucking in :10bux: is feasible.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

este posted:

13 INCH DICKSTARTER

Rewards:

$150 - 13" will smoke a natural material of your choosing!

Asbestos is naturally-occuring :unsmigghh:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Slim Pickens posted:

Asbestos is naturally-occuring :unsmigghh:

It is also fireproof since it is literally rock fiber, you haven't thought this through man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fucknag posted:

It is also fireproof since it is literally rock fiber, you haven't thought this through man.

Everything burns if you have enough hate.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Half the fun is watching him try to burn it.

I realized it was dumb right after posting

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 8, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rhyno posted:

Everything burns if you have enough hate.

and yet your house is intact

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have a show car :q:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Took my car to a vintage Euro/JDM car show today that had a pretty impressive mk.1 turnout.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 9, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Nice. I should have gone but I slept in til the afternoon. lol

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Holy Fuuuuuuuuck that red wagon :vince:

That thing is preposterous. I could do without the funk in the trunk, but it's stealthed in nicely.

The matching trailers are p cool too.

also BARBARIANS?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No idea where that came from, I guess I garbled one of the imgur links somehow. Corrected, it's the grey car's engine bay, also turboed.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
A civic like that with a turbo.....:getin:
Ive only seen one civic at the shows around here and it was a lowrider show and there was only one. IT was the same color as yours but cleaner then it came of the showroom floor. Any more pics of these wild contraptions.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Man those Mk1s look so right, I miss econoboxes that were actually boxy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Man those Mk1s look so right, I miss econoboxes that were actually boxy.

I've been watching a bunch of Mighty Car Mods (don't do this) and they have so much awesome poo poo down there and it's all boxy as gently caress.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've got a bunch more pictures of all sorts of other makes and models that I've been too lazy to upload, including the cleanest VW Quantum I think I've ever seen.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Darchangel posted:

When I met my wife she was driving a '79 Celica 5-speed coupe (wish we'd kept that car,) and has had manuals only since, with the exception of our Astro Van.

I was building up a list of tabs open with quotes from this thread I was going to reply to, but then I thought "too old" and closed them. Then I saw this.

I learned stick on a friend's early-90's Toyota Tercel (pronounced "Turkul"), possibly the most forgiving manual transmission I've ever met. A few months later the next manual I met - and this is after maybe 2 hours of wheel time - was my mother's friend's '79 Celica 5-speed coupe. I had to drive home from the friend-of-a-friend's 50th birthday celebration, with the birthday girl and my father laughing their asses off in the back seat every time I stalled it going through downtown Vancouver. Good times...

13 INCH DICK posted:

Got bored did stuff

That doesn't look comfortable. But then, it's hard to get a sense of scale. I get the impression that car is quite driveable from the back seat.

este posted:

13 INCH DICKSTARTER

Help make the world's first crowdfunded torture campaign become a reality for one foolish brave man.

Rewards:
$25 - 13 INCH's 13 Month calendar, with a sexy shot of 13" splayed over a different engine bay every month

$50 - 13" Nightmare Pig replica (soul not included)

$150 - 13" will smoke a natural material of your choosing!

$500 - A box of spiders, signed by 13". Also a mention on Twitter
Stretch goal: if the campaign reaches $10 000 I'll send the CURSED SKULL to the first person to pledge $1000 - free blown cooling system with every purchase!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

13 INCH DICK posted:

I've got a bunch more pictures of all sorts of other makes and models that I've been too lazy to upload, including the cleanest VW Quantum I think I've ever seen.

WTF is a Quantum? I saw a dude with a Phaeton at the gas station yesterday when I was filling up. Forgot how giant those cars were.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Quantum is like an Audi 4000, except awesome. INTERNETRACECAR has one.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Quantum is like an Audi 4000, except awesome. INTERNETRACECAR has one.

His is amazing and terrifying all at once.

It's really really good and really really bad. Just how a car should be.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Last time he drove it, he was chasing my XJ. As I recall, we both lost our exhaust systems within a few minutes due to advanced rust and abuse, then we had to patch his fuel pump wiring back together with a piece of an EZ30D wiring harness because 30 year old German wiring isn't the best.

They sound mean as gently caress with no exhaust system is what I'm getting at here.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

veedubfreak posted:

WTF is a Quantum? I saw a dude with a Phaeton at the gas station yesterday when I was filling up. Forgot how giant those cars were.

"That Passat looks a bit odd, maybe it's the new CC?"

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

13 INCH DICK posted:

I missed the Quantum but saw that yellow Dasher as it was leaving. I think that was the best Honda turn out at any of the shows so far. Did you get any parts leads from Danny? I don't know if you got one, but a guy was passing out flyers for early civic parts too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KozmoNaut posted:

"That Passat looks a bit odd, maybe it's the new CC?"

"Nice Jetta" always upsets then, fortunately with a reduced chance of being beaten to death with a tyre iron, because they don't know where it's hidden.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

13 INCH DICK posted:

I have a show car :q:

I should've taken a picture when we dropped off our car today! It's crazy how tiny your car is compared to the others in the shop lot, but it looks so normal in this picture.

Thanks for taking care of our old car. :D Everything is so much better now.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Today? Which vehicle did you bring in? Didn't notice anyone unusualdual so I'm just curious if I worked on it or not.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Today? Which vehicle did you bring in? Didn't notice anyone unusualdual so I'm just curious if I worked on it or not.
We had the black '99 Grand Am (René's referral). You were busy when we picked it up, so we didn't get to say Hi and someone else replaced the reverse light. But having cold A/C again is so nice.

I don't know if it's just placebo effect, but the car seems to handle so much better that you should take the credit even if you didn't work on it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the Grand Am was me. The alignment wasn't too terrible, the tires were low on pressure and the balance was way off so I fixed that up. The compressor may be on its way out though, the high side readings were bouncing around. If for some reason it stops blowing cold bring it back, I put dye in the system as a just in case it springs a leak and we'll check it for free. Next time just say you're Dave's friend, they should knock off like a 10-15% friends and family discount.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Yeah the Grand Am was me. The alignment wasn't too terrible, the tires were low on pressure and the balance was way off so I fixed that up. The compressor may be on its way out though, the high side readings were bouncing around. If for some reason it stops blowing cold bring it back, I put dye in the system as a just in case it springs a leak and we'll check it for free. Next time just say you're Dave's friend, they should knock off like a 10-15% friends and family discount.

Yeah, I've been expecting the compressor to go for the last 3 years or so, but honestly the car is worth so little that it's been hard to justify the work. I was wondering if we'd be a shop horror story for you since I've put off basic maintenance forever. It drives so nicely now that I have to wash it tomorrow and make it look like a real car again. :3:

I was so happy to see your tinycar in person, though!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

LoreOfSerpents posted:

I was so happy to see your tinycar in person, though!

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
First awesome picture. Second why is it that every firestone is by a McDonalds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
One is greasy, wildly unhealthy, and full of loving morons who were too stupid to get a job literally anywhere else, and the other serves burgers.

• Locked thread