Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

After reading through this and the Microsoft thread, I am pretty convinced that nobody here really likes games.

My love of games is second only to ragging on games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Astro7x posted:

After reading through this and the Microsoft thread, I am pretty convinced that nobody here really likes games.

I enjoy video games.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

They already released the best Golf game of the decade

waluigi is loving stoked about that birdie

Is that game seriously worth getting if I already have other arcadey golf games like Hot Shots? I've kind of been on the fence about it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Astro7x posted:

Modern EA and Microsoft are not exactly the shining jewels of video games. There's a shitload of awesome games out there with no way to keep up, people should extra hard on these companies for wasting our time with mediocrity.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Astro7x posted:

we love games but not awful games and awful presentation and concept art for games 2 years out

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Mymla posted:

I'm pretty sure Battlefield Hardline'sEA's marketing budget for any game could end poverty in Africa.

fixed

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
If you're watching the twitch stream they've got a few things going on:

Being filmed by a helicopter which is circling the rooftop
XXXXL gamers playing in black gamestop tshirts
They're showing a game where robbers kill cops

All this is happening as there is an actual police chase in downtown LA. We live in some sort of Earth2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Is that game seriously worth getting if I already have other arcadey golf games like Hot Shots? I've kind of been on the fence about it.

Yes, buy it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dorner skin for robbers and Zimmerman skin for cops

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I like my intelligence not being insulted. So depending on the day, I either like games, don't like games, or don't like the people involved with the games.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I think most people here like games.

We just wish that the video game industry still made them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@KazHiraiCEO
EA have decided to show footage of games far from completion because that’s how usually release them #EAE3
4:18 PM - 9 Jun 2014

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

al-azad posted:

My love of games is second only to ragging on games.

Seriously. It's the people who love everything and play everything that annoy the poo poo out of me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sweeney Tom posted:

@KazHiraiCEO
EA have decided to show footage of games far from completion because that’s how usually release them #EAE3

:iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn:

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
So apparently the code I got has already been used, and then Origin goes offline and won't go back online.

I don't know what I was expecting

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sweeney Tom posted:

@KazHiraiCEO

Kaz Hirai has been the highlight of the day so far.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

StarkRavingMad posted:

I generally hate nintendo but had a 2ds laying around collecting dust so i bought the game last week. It loving owns.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

TheNabster posted:

So apparently the code I got has already been used, and then Origin goes offline and won't go back online.

I don't know what I was expecting

Ditto. I guess it wouldn't be a true Battlefield experience if it wasn't hosed from the word go.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
That's not the real Kaz, right? That can't be the real Kaz. That's too funny to be the real Kaz.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got into the Battlefield Hardline beta on PC. I have no interest in the game, so hopefully I can just play the beta, see that it sucks rear end and then not actually buy the game when it comes out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Got into the Battlefield Hardline beta on PC. I have no interest in the game, so hopefully I can just play the beta, see that it sucks rear end and then not actually buy the game when it comes out.

No guarantee that it's great

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Grimace posted:

That's not the real Kaz, right? That can't be the real Kaz. That's too funny to be the real Kaz.

It isn't, but its still funny.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Eonwe posted:

It isn't, but its still funny.

Oh totally. It would just be even sweeter if it was. :allears:

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Your Friend posted:

I like games. I like them a lot, actually.

Good to see a fellow game lover amongst all these haters.

Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

Anyone care to give a quick recap for those that missed it? Anything surprising or unexpected?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Battlefield Hardline: Never rob a bank across from a diner that has the best donuts in three counties.

Cloverfx
Mar 21, 2008

No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

Anyone care to give a quick recap for those that missed it? Anything surprising or unexpected?

Sports games. Sports games everywhere.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just lots of concept stuff instead of actual games being shown off.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I don't like video games; I LOVE them. If I don't love them, I don't play.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
I bet they still haven't solved the "90 year old grandma with rocking titties" issue from DA1 and DA2 this time around. Something about that female elf seems really off.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I got an email receipt for the Hardline beta but it's not in my Origin library. Anyone else with this problem?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Videogames are a menace to society and the big developers are doing their patriotic duty to destroy them forever

godspeed EA :patriot:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Pirate Jet posted:

I got an email receipt for the Hardline beta but it's not in my Origin library. Anyone else with this problem?

Yes, just keep waiting.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Sims

Hardline beta

Xbone shaft.

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
edit: n/m

Cloverfx
Mar 21, 2008

No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.

Pirate Jet posted:

I click "refresh games" in orgin a few times and it finally popped up. About 10 minutes after I got my email. Try that?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Uuugggghhhh why is Casey Hudson still on Mass Effect???

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Why is fox news advertising at E3?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Jiro posted:

Uuugggghhhh why is anyone still on Mass Effect???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why is fox news advertising at E3?

Probably for the same reason they advertise at airports and sporting events, because there's a lot of people there to see the advertisements.

• Locked thread