Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PantsBandit posted:

IGN reporting it had been cancelled and Sony's quick response makes me think they'll be showing something soon. Although if they are going to show it at E3 it would have been way funnier to not say anything, and then have a big "gently caress YOU IGN!" banner across the stage.

The latter part should happen regardless tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I can't wait for it to release with bare-bones features so they can sell a million expansions to re-add all the features.

I love TS3 with patches, mods, and expansions but this is almost certainly going to be bugged out to high hell, just like Simcity was. I can feel it coming from a mile away.

Orv
May 4, 2011
More Borderlands. Woo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Like political debates, I prefer to watch E3 at one remove, that is, through the lens of other peoples live-blogging. Keeps one on top of the zeitgeist without actually having to suffer through a horde of basically interchangeable slimy marketing dudes spouting meaningless horseshit spin.*

So far what Ive learned about E3 this year is that were passing the next frontier of GOLF. Hardcore. Golf.

With flaming battleships. Apparently.

Now, Ive never been remotely interested in golf and think most golf courses are basically an environmental crime, but my grandfather and several of my uncles are avid golfers. (Grandpa is even in the country club). That means Ive been around far too much televised golf, making me somewhat of an expert on not-really-paying-attention-to-golf, and I strongly feel that there is such a thing as going to far, an element without which golf is no longer truly golf.

Yes. Im talking about the announcer so low-key and boring theyre capable of causing spontaneous adult-onset narcolepsy.

As long as he (it is always a he) stays, everything else is fair game. They can add flaming battleships. They can make it full contact, with armor (though it has to be plaid armor or you cant play at the country club). They can have a sarlacc in the sand trap.

But if the guy narrating the death by sarlacc and the tally of club-inflicted bludgeoning injuries on the run up to the parr 4 isnt so full of polite ennui that you lose interest in life just by hearing him, it isnt golf.

*Gaming conventions and political functions are basically identical in this area.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"It's still in development for Playstation 6."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They should make an NBA Street styled golf game where you do sick moves while winding up your shot as some contemporary hip hop plays in the background.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
It's loving pathetic watching this EA guy trying to convince anyone that they have a single original idea to bring to the genre with their new MOBA. "genre"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Mr. Miyamoto has spotted something suspicious on the security cameras

The Fils-a-mech?!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/476106417569808384/photo/1

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

spudsbuckley posted:

They bought an exclusive by Platinum Games that won't sell because hack-and-slash is the most boring genre imaginable.

Everyone laugh at this button mashing idiot.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

PantsBandit posted:

IGN reporting it had been cancelled and Sony's quick response makes me think they'll be showing something soon. Although if they are going to show it at E3 it would have been way funnier to not say anything, and then have a big "gently caress YOU IGN!" banner across the stage.

If Sony have actually pulled something together to show in the last couple of days that would be fantastic, like them doing the 'this is how sharing works on PS4' video last year.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Are there other streams or something else you guys are watching? I'm kinda MOBA'ed out right now

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Bob A Feet posted:

Are there other streams or something else you guys are watching? I'm kinda MOBA'ed out right now

They're showing Project Morpheus on Gametrailers right now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Red Warrior posted:

They're showing Project Morpheus on Gametrailers right now.

"Showing"

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kurtofan posted:

The Fils-a-mech?!

Does he even have to be there? They just throw a tv screen up with pre-recorded poo poo cause its Nintendo.

E:

Yawn MOBAs.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Your Friend posted:

Like political debates, I prefer to watch E3 at one remove, that is, through the lens of other people’s live-blogging. Keeps one on top of the zeitgeist without actually having to suffer through a horde of basically interchangeable slimy marketing dudes spouting meaningless horseshit spin.*

So far what I’ve learned about E3 this year is that we’re passing the next frontier of GOLF. Hardcore. Golf.

With flaming battleships. Apparently.

Now, I’ve never been remotely interested in golf and think most golf courses are basically an environmental crime, but my grandfather and several of my uncles are avid golfers. (Grandpa is even in the country club). That means I’ve been around far too much televised golf, making me somewhat of an expert on not-really-paying-attention-to-golf, and I strongly feel that there is such a thing as going to far, an element without which golf is no longer truly golf.

I just got back from Palm Springs where it was 110f/41c and the only people crazy enough to golf were doing so while hiding behind 8 foot wide thick black umbrellas. It was too hot for human life outside yet someone thought it was a good idea to fill the whole area with golf courses. And it's not even summer yet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Crossposting, Nintendo's events for E3:

Kurtofan posted:

Someone from Neogaf made this helpful chart for every Nintendo events:

Credits to: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115418665&postcount=269

Al Borland posted:

Does he even have to be there? They just throw a tv screen up with pre-recorded poo poo cause its Nintendo.

Do you mean Fils-Aime or Miyamoto? NOA said Miyamoto would present his new projects tomorrow and I imagine FA is always going to be there.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

The Fils-a-mech?!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They should just dump everything going into the AAA titles into Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2

:master:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I just really hope that Sony doesn't blow their entire conference on their VR set.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

I just really hope that Sony doesn't blow their entire conference on their VR set.

gently caress that, why not? VR has the potential to be something that isn't the same loving game remade with some superficial bullshit difference.

There hasn't been a single game shown today that does anything interesting or new at all.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This guy on the Twitch stream talking about their radical MOBA is basically describing League of Legends and talks about how the story in there MOBA will be a main focus. Who the gently caress plays a MOBA for a story?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This guy on the Twitch stream talking about their radical MOBA is basically describing League of Legends and talks about how the story in there MOBA will be a main focus. Who the gently caress plays a MOBA for a story?

I would imagine the type of person with severe enough brain damage to actually give a poo poo about yet another loving MOBA.

Renagado
Feb 21, 2014
:siren: Kojima on the GT stream :siren:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lemming posted:

gently caress that, why not? VR has the potential to be something that isn't the same loving game remade with some superficial bullshit difference.

There hasn't been a single game shown today that does anything interesting or new at all.

Sunset Overdrive is the only game that kind of impressed me by trying something different with open world traversal mechanics, insane weaponry, and a Tony Hawk-esque trick system. I won't say it's original, but I do think it looked pretty fun and creative.

I still wouldn't buy an Xbone for it, though.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...um...wasn't Ubisoft supposed to go on half an hour ago?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Hakkesshu posted:

Sunset Overdrive is the only game that kind of impressed me by trying something different with open world traversal mechanics, insane weaponry, and a Tony Hawk-esque trick system. I won't say it's original, but I do think it looked pretty fun and creative.

I still wouldn't buy an Xbone for it, though.

It would be cool if it wasn't so loving slow. Its like you're loving underwater or something

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kurtofan posted:

Crossposting, Nintendo's events for E3:

Do you mean Fils-Aime or Miyamoto? NOA said Miyamoto would present his new projects tomorrow and I imagine FA is always going to be there.

I dunno Iwata already phoned in sick.

Patter Song posted:

yeah thats what im wondering about too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not for another half hour.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Patter Song posted:

There's still another half-hour.

Renagado
Feb 21, 2014

Patter Song posted:

In half an hour from now yeah

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

It would be cool if it wasn't so loving slow. Its like you're loving underwater or something

I don't get why people are so... Okay I get why it's disappointing that it's not faster but it'd probably also be poo poo to play much faster than it is.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Here's to hoping that the Bethesda announcement isn't Brink 2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nativity In Black posted:

Wet II!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Orv posted:

I don't get why people are so... Okay I get why it's disappointing that it's not faster but it'd probably also be poo poo to play much faster than it is.

let me tell you about a game called vanquish

Orv
May 4, 2011

If they can fix the lovely parts of Brink it had some really cool ideas.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

I would legitimately be hyped for Dishonored 2.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Renagado posted:

:siren: Kojima on the GT stream :siren:

I am Geoff Keighley's slack, dead-eyed expression as he listens to the interpreter

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Orv posted:

If they can fix the lovely parts of Brink it had some really cool ideas.

They did fix the lovely parts with the DLC, many, many months after it died a horrible death.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Patter Song posted:

No, they go on in half an hour from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

let me tell you about a game called vanquish

Not remotely comparable.

Lemming posted:

They did fix the lovely parts with the DLC, many, many months after it died a horrible death.

:smith:

• Locked thread