Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

too sweet me Thauros

recruiting Yottsume definitely gets a too sweet #goodbrother.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Thauros posted:

recuruiting Yottsume definitely gets a too sweet #goodbrother.

I figured i would help him out because I'm sure a couple folks would want a shirt or two. #over #verified

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yottsume posted:

Your NJPW merch ninja Yottsume here. Just came to say hi.

And also too sweet to my brother @JDPeery who got me this SA Account!

よろしく!

People have been linking to your translations since last year, and it's helped get A LOT of fans here even more into NJPW -- or into it at all. 何で新日は自分で同じように英語に直さないか?No clue why not, but we're happy you can :)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

That was the original Bullet Club of Devitt, Anderson, Fale, and Tonga. They were all NJPW dojo guys pissed off of how gaijin were being treated in the company and by Japanese society in general.

As they started adding new people that kinda fell by the wayside and now with Devitt gone and Yujiro and AJ in it's basically totally dead. Yujiro joined because he was dissatisfied with his place on the card as a member of CHAOS.

They're now basically just the new nWo without the name or any old guys from the '90s.

Summon Chono and Muta and reform nWo Japan.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Goto needs to join the Bullet Club.

Then he can actually get a belt.

Although this probably means he'd have to turn on Shibata and that's p. much a death sentence.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Too be honest, with so many non-Japanese puro purists up in arms over their interference in matches, AJ winning the belt so suddenly, and the Young Bucks in general, their "living our fantasies, giving no fucks" gimmick is even more sympathetic than the "discriminated gaijin" gimmick

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Bigass Moth posted:

Is Richochet expected to win the Jr title, or is winning the tournament a "we'll push you later" kind of thing?

No comment on the title implications, but DG is really focused on running in Western Japan so might be a way to get more people for the show in Osaka where Dragon Gate traditionally draws well.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

For some reason some of the NJPW fan sites keep referring to this as Richochet's first tour. I was convinced he was in last years BOSJ's as well.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Skinty McEdger posted:

For some reason some of the NJPW fan sites keep referring to this as Richochet's first tour. I was convinced he was in last years BOSJ's as well.

He was. He also won the Dream Gate in Osaka in March. Dragon Gate's fanbase is so different than New Japan's which makes me wonder what cross over they'll get.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

He was. He also won the Dream Gate in Osaka in March. Dragon Gate's fanbase is so different than New Japan's which makes me wonder what cross over they'll get.

Ibushi vs Ricochet is an interesting matchup, which will surely cater to the NJPW and DG fans. It's not that uncommon for Japanese wrestling fans to go root for Their Guy at a rival promotions event.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jake Soo posted:

No comment on the title implications, but DG is really focused on running in Western Japan so might be a way to get more people for the show in Osaka where Dragon Gate traditionally draws well.

They really haven't needed the help selling out Osaka recently, but after a bad gate at Yokohama and good but not great sales for the last Sumo Hall show it probably doesn't hurt to ensure that continues.

I'm betting one of the junior titles changes at Dominion, not sure which though. There was apparently enough crossover last year for loud Dragon Gate chants when Bullet Club beat down Ricochet after he wrestled Devitt.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Really pumped for the Ricochet match. I agree with Dave, that they should be hyping that as the main event. But I don't know, maybe there is some reason and the Japanese fans wouldn't buy that as a top match instead of Fale.

Also AJ in NJPW is worth is just for too sweet me

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
If a Dragon Gate wrestler headlined a NJPW show Tiger Mask would throw up an angry hairball.

Hybrid
Sep 9, 2002

NJPW removed some stuff from youtube recently. drat. Wrestle Kingdoms are gone.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I was somewhat serious when I said they should put the IWGP HW title on Ricochet.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hybrid posted:

They don't touch DM and all recent shows are available on there. But yeah, it sucked to lose all the trons and music not up elsewhere.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Panama Red posted:

If a Dragon Gate wrestler headlined a NJPW show Tiger Mask would throw up an angry hairball.

send Tiger Mask to invade Dragon Gate, maybe he'll learn something.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Hybrid posted:

I have no issue with them doing this but I really wish that stuff was available somewhere online, even for a fee. It's why I've been buying DVDs of all the good New Japan shows recently. It would be great if they could figure out a way to sell more stuff to their Western audience.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Dunbar posted:

I have no issue with them doing this but I really wish that stuff was available somewhere online, even for a fee. It's why I've been buying DVDs of all the good New Japan shows recently. It would be great if they could figure out a way to sell more stuff to their Western audience.

Yea while I appreciate what Yottsume does I do feel like they need a better model/method of shilling to western audiences than "talk to that one guy on twitter"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

coconono posted:

send Tiger Mask to invade Dragon Gate, maybe he'll learn something.
Dude mainly wrestled in Michinoku Pro and early Toryumon during the five years before he joined New Japan (he was trained by Sasuke). He even used to give a poo poo back then!

I really want him to retire so they can give the gimmick to a younger guy.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the more I think about it the more I want a Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. John Cena for the Ultimate Babyface of the Universe Match

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Illinois Smith posted:

Dude mainly wrestled in Michinoku Pro and early Toryumon during the five years before he joined New Japan (he was trained by Sasuke). He even used to give a poo poo back then!

I really want him to retire so they can give the gimmick to a younger guy.

Well there is Ikuhisa Minowa as Tiger Mask V, but don't really know much about him other than he faced Necro at an IGF and did MMA for years.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

BillyMays posted:

Well there is Ikuhisa Minowa as Tiger Mask V, but don't really know much about him other than he faced Necro at an IGF and did MMA for years.

He doesn't count. He can't count. After Satoru Sayama, Mitsuharu Misawa, Koji Kanemoto, and Yoshihiro Yamazaki, losing the alliteration just ain't right.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LvK posted:

He doesn't count. He can't count. After Satoru Sayama, Mitsuharu Misawa, Koji Kanemoto, and Yoshihiro Yamazaki, losing the alliteration just ain't right.

His name is Minowa Man.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

MassRafTer posted:

His name is Minowa Man.

... I retract.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

the more I think about it the more I want a Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. John Cena for the Ultimate Babyface of the Universe Match

John Cena wins because Tanahashi can work heel.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

KungFu Grip posted:

John Cena wins because Tanahashi can work heel.

So you're saying calling himself Ace OF THE UNIVERSE was on the :smuggo: side?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

from observer: destruction is gonna be another 2 PPV tour like the new beginning was in feb.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Also from Observer:

quote:

New Japan is looking to bring in Ricochet as a regular in the role as a babyface top foreign junior heavyweight that Devitt had for many years.

quote:

This guy(Ricochet) is really special. Whatever egos caused WWE not to sign him proved a lack of eye for talent and believe me, you don’t need much of one to figure it out in him.

His match with KUSHIDA got ****1/2

I know his DG contract is expiring soon, but isn't it kinda frowned upon in Japan to directly go after another company's workers? Or is it different with gaijin or with DG since they're kinda a big indie?

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 11, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thauros posted:

Also from Observer:

His match with KUSHIDA got ****1/2

I know his DG contract is expiring soon, but isn't it kinda frowned upon in Japan to directly go after another company's workers? Or is it different with gaijin or with DG since they're kinda a big indie?

As I understand it, there's less of a stigma about poaching DG talent. It's only AJPW and NOAH where it's frowned upon to screw them over.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

As I understand it, there's less of a stigma about poaching DG talent. It's only AJPW and NOAH where it's frowned upon to screw them over.

they do a pretty good job of that on their own

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Naito also apparently has a bad knee and that's why he's wrestling a nothing match low on the card. Hope he's better for the G-1.

edit: Ugh, another 4 iPPV in 18 day stretch in September.

Dunbar fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 11, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dunbar posted:

Naito also apparently has a bad knee and that's why he's wrestling a nothing match low on the card. Hope he's better for the G-1.

Wasn't it knee surgery that took him out from after KOPW 2012 to Dominion 2013? That sucks that it's becoming a regular problem.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Dunbar posted:

More thing I like oh no

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

idk if you noticed yet but the lower price tier ippvs are entirely skippable, just because you can pay to view it doesn't mean it's pay per view caliber and you have to see it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

I don't know if it's going to be viewed like a poach/steal.

I don't think he has a contract or he's only on part time contract. He's only over about 2/3rds of the tours. He's the senior gaijin but I don't think he really went through the dojo like PAC did or Devitt in NJPW. NJPW has traditionally a good relationship with Dragon Gate up to Liger being a former Dream Gate champion. There weren't any hard feelings about Milano going full-time and DG had representation at his retirement ceremony.

I think there could be a bidding situation over Ricochet though if Dragon Gate wants to pick him up full time. He's also really loyal to CIMA and Dragon Gate; he had an emotional interview after he won the Dream Gate.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Thauros posted:

Wasn't it knee surgery that took him out from after KOPW 2012 to Dominion 2013? That sucks that it's becoming a regular problem.
Yes, unknown if it was the same knee though. Hope not.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I don't know if it's going to be viewed like a poach/steal.

I don't think he has a contract or he's only on part time contract. He's only over about 2/3rds of the tours. He's the senior gaijin but I don't think he really went through the dojo like PAC did or Devitt in NJPW. NJPW has traditionally a good relationship with Dragon Gate up to Liger being a former Dream Gate champion. There weren't any hard feelings about Milano going full-time and DG had representation at his retirement ceremony.

I think there could be a bidding situation over Ricochet though if Dragon Gate wants to pick him up full time. He's also really loyal to CIMA and Dragon Gate; he had an emotional interview after he won the Dream Gate.

And DG is probably the only Japanese company that can match whatever NJPW is offering.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is there any possibility of him getting a deal similar to Kota's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is there any possibility of him getting a deal similar to Kota's?
DDT Pro is pretty huge, but it's still very independent in feel and look and just about every single way. I think Dragon Gate is probably bigger than AJ and NOAH at this point, so I doubt they'd let Ricochet work for NJPW on a Kota Deal

• Locked thread