Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Junkie Disease posted:

All this nice talk is going to enrage the fyad nerds be wary!

FYAD is a place of love and understanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Widestancer posted:

FYAD is actually welcoming and people should post there more

God knows the place could use some company I suppose.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah just cheap parents who waited through the 90s until they finally caved to give me a console. I had to go to my friends to play the N64.

Man at least you got to experience the peak Goldeneye / Mariokart age.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

euphronius posted:

Except the guy whose house we all went to always played Oddjob! :argh:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No oddjob house rule in my place.

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

The Grimace posted:

I've been wondering what Beef Waifu's is since it changed. Looks like something out of the Atelier Totori game.

It is. I forget which but either the original Totori or the Vita rerelease, maybe both, was rated 18+ (the highest possible rating for media without being banned) in :australia: because it included "high impact sexual violence".

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They have gameplay footage of MKX up on IGN, and I just watched the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade kneecap someone, shoot them in the head (which of course caused a geyser of blood to shoot from the wound), and then blow a bubble with some gum, stick it to the wound, and watch it fill up with blood until it pops.

God bless Ed Boon.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yoshifan823 posted:

They have gameplay footage of MKX up on IGN, and I just watched the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade kneecap someone, shoot them in the head (which of course caused a geyser of blood to shoot from the wound), and then blow a bubble with some gum, stick it to the wound, and watch it fill up with blood until it pops.

God bless Ed Boon.

art

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
When performing a fatality on that new big guy, it is not mirrored on the pygmy woman who rides his shoulders. 0/10

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

euphronius posted:

Nah we mostly played Smash Bros, at least that's what I remember, then we all got the PS2 and played some of the PS2 James Bond games and Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal multiplayer. Those were the days :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Grimace posted:

I've been wondering what Beef Waifu's is since it changed. Looks like something out of the Atelier Totori game.

I have no idea what game this is I just got it because it was the best thing posted in the gamers.txt thread.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

The Grimace posted:

It's a joke about how a recent Atelier game had a girl drunkenly groping another character, which resulted in an ESRB note about "High Impact Sexual Violence"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Wrong thread, ignore me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nintendo's secret 3DS game is a SRPG of some sort. Maybe a new Fire Emblem.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

If there's any justice for Atlus fans, it will finally be a trailer for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Elite Beat Steampunk Xcom. Turn based tactical shooter. WELP!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

If there's any justice for Atlus fans, it will finally be a trailer for Persona 5 and Panzer Dragoon RPG 2

Yeah I agree.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Junkie Disease posted:

Elite Beat Steampunk Xcom. Turn based tactical shooter. WELP!

Developed by Intelligent Systems.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDsmjbifWUk
Hear Pacman cause the first cheer in forever.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Can someone explain to me in layman terms what e3 actually is?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

THE FUTURE OF VIDEO GAMES

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Its when all of your favorite game developers come out and have a huge party.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

homeless snail posted:

Its when all of your favorite game developers come out and have a huge party.

That sounds pretty sweet. So they all get together and play games and stuff?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

Nah, they just show short films of said games.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Accordion Man posted:

THE FUTURE OF VIDEO GAMES

That sounds mind blowing, so what does the future hold?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

peter gabriel posted:

Oh, no, they don't have any games, they just talk about theoretical games.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Accordion Man posted:

Nah, they just show short films of said games.

But from the future?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

Imagine if they did the MTV Teen Choice Movie Awards, but for movies that they hadn't started filming for yet, and also instead of movies it's video games.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

peter gabriel posted:

Developers don't play games, they're too busy getting poo poo faced in their free time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Electronic Entrataintment Expo One

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

peter gabriel posted:

Imagine that you're a dog (but not in a weird furry way, just a normal dog) and every year a bunch of bigger dogs all get together and poo poo in a big room for a few days. Some of them eat Christmas tinsel, some eat confetti, some eat rocks; some of the poo poo looks different but it's all sort of the same. You're really excited about all this new poo poo, then the big dogs tell you that you'll be able to have this poo poo for yourself to eat or make more of in a year or two. Some of the other dogs use this opportunity to champion a certain bigger dogs poo poo, and a bunch of fights break out because everyone is really emotionally invested in it. Other dogs complain because the poo poo doesn't accurately depict gender/sexual minorities, and that female dogs aren't well represented amongst the big poo poo dogs.

Now imagine you're a normal person, wondering why the gently caress anyone cares about all this poo poo. That's E3.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

But from the future?
Yes. The future is MOBAs and sci-fi shooters.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm trying to digest all this but to be honest I'm still reeling from the whole 'from the future' thing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Accordion Man posted:

Yes. The future is MOBAs and sci-fi shooters.

That's kind of dulled my enthusiasm, not going to lie.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I always thought you needed to have no title text and a sig to post in FYAD.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

That's kind of dulled my enthusiasm, not going to lie.

EA hosted a conference where they had only made like 2 games but needed to pad out a full hour of content. So they waved a bunch of artist renderings and even some untextured models and said "here's a bunch of stuff we're sorta working on"

and then at the end they announced the hardline beta was going live and smoke exploded everywhere

Excels fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 12, 2014

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
As cringeworthy as the coverage of E3 is, it's got nothing on the Spike TV -whatever the hell- awards.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDsmjbifWUk
Hear Pacman cause the first cheer in forever.

quote:

Mr. Sakurai, the lack of Melee advanced tech, the slow pace of this game, the ridiculous joke of a tournament with rules that enabled people to team up on the better players... I am unfortunately not going to purchase this. The competitive community wants to love Smash, they really do. All we need is a bit of commitment.

Along the way, you seem to have forgotten that games are not black and white. They can be both party and competitive, both casual and hardcore. Melee achieved that goal better than any game, ever.

I admired you for Smash 64, for Melee, for Kirby Superstar. I was your biggest fan. I felt like You could do no wrong. However, you keep betraying our expectation, you don't try and listen to what we have to say. Instead, you organize a joke of an event in an attempt to shut us up life we're some kind of nuisance to you.

We want to love Nintendo, we want to love you, and if you would extend your hand and speak with the bigger competitive smash community and strive to make a game truly for everyone, we will support you. We will be behind you 100%.

Nevertheless, this has left a bad taste in my mouth, and a competitive smasher, I will keep my CRT.

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I always thought you needed to have no title text and a sig to post in FYAD.

My problem is I read this forum a lot and find myself constantly being interested in games and opinions about games and I nod along and read stuff with great interest, but when it comes to actually posting I tend to find I have nothing new or interesting to say that you guys haven't said much better than I would so I just end up posting pointless drivel and I just want to join in but it comes out like this post constantly :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should probably just do e3 every two years. The industry is stagnant as hell.

• Locked thread