Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Can you take a picture of that jacket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Dead Pressed posted:

Can you take a picture of that jacket?

I can take two! They don't look that great because of poor lighting, but hopefully it's a good enough idea.

The back (vent open):

The front:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Crayvex posted:

They are Nelson Rigg CL-1000 and CL-150. The exact models I had are discontinued but there are similar styles available. What kind of bike are you putting them on?

A ninja 250. Not entirely sure I want to spend the dough just yet, but if I do it will be some kind of removable soft bags.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Monkey Wrangler posted:

Got a jacket for sale. Fieldsheer brand, black leather, sport style, US size 42, $150. I'll cover shipping for goons or take 10% off if you're local to LA.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mpo/4478416710.html

Apologies for the drunk spam in IRC.

I'm in between poo poo atm, but, I've got enough space to do this.

Hit me up on IRC, we'll do emails and paypals and all that good stuff, I want that jacket from you :)

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

hot sauce posted:

A ninja 250. Not entirely sure I want to spend the dough just yet, but if I do it will be some kind of removable soft bags.

I've been happy with my Ortliebs soft bags as well.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

url posted:

Apologies for the drunk spam in IRC.

I'm in between poo poo atm, but, I've got enough space to do this.

Hit me up on IRC, we'll do emails and paypals and all that good stuff, I want that jacket from you :)

Cool, will do. I'm on Pacific time from roughly 10:00 to 19:00 every day if that helps.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Dad's selling his Turbo'd 2010 Sportster and I figured I'd throw it up here for anyone interested. It's in Oceanport, NJ

quote:

This is a 2010 Harley Sportster Nighster with a custom made turbo setup.

Its a T25 turbo set for 8PSI .. The bike has V-Rod injectors that have been flow matched and bench tested to insure proper fuel delivery.
The bike is tuned with a Dynojet Power Vision with the wide band 02 kit.

Under normal conditions, the bike runs like a stock bike, but with a bigger twist of the wrist, it runs like no other Harley you have ever ridden.

This bike is in near showroom condition and is ready to ride.
asking price is $9,500.00 and I'm pretty firm on that.....
there will be NO test rides for obvious reasons, but if your a serious buyer, I can demonstrate the bike for you while you follow me in your car.

Some of the other mods include:

Progressive front springs
Progressive 412 rear shocks
Ricor Intiminators
Amsoil 5wt fork oil
Cycle electric solid state regulator
Power Vision flash tuner
Power Vision auto tune wide band kit
Pirelli Night Dragon tires with less than 200 miles on them
Mustang Solo seat
Harley quick detach sissy bar included along with a 2 up seat

Lyndall Brake pads, less than 200 miles

The CL listing is here: http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/4488560382.html Though apparently CL is having issues sending out emails so you can send inquiries either via PM here or to Futurama553 at gmail dot com

Oglogoth fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 3, 2014

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Monkey Wrangler posted:

Cool, will do. I'm on Pacific time from roughly 10:00 to 19:00 every day if that helps.

Awesome, apols for delays, we just had a long weekend (dragon boat), and I feel like I saw nearly every hour of it :P

E: pm sent on IRC, tl;dr: ...email removed....
send mail please, it'll be quicker than pm

:)

url fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 3, 2014

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Oglogoth posted:

Dad's selling his Turbo'd 2010 Sportster and I figured I'd throw it up here for anyone interested. It's in Oceanport, NJ

The only question I have is, can you wheelie it?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Whether you can wheelie it is less important than whether you can wheelie it controllably.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I would just lie there on my back with a bike on top of me, pinning the throttle.

"What?"

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

captainOrbital posted:

The only question I have is, can you wheelie it?

There's a reason he is selling this after riding his FZ-09 home from the dealership, and I believe that is the reason.

(You can't)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I imagine it's like "potato potato potato put Put Put Potato POTATO *turbo spools* PPPTPTPTPPTAPAPPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAP *mailbox*"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Oglogoth posted:

I can demonstrate the bike for you while you follow me in your car.
That's beautiful

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Selling a Cycle Electric generator for old Harleys. It's model DGV-5000 and includes the regulator. These things are absolutely bulletproof, and will probably outlast whatever bike it goes on. This one is brand new..I bought it last year then decided to convert my bike to alternator instead.

$250 because I've had the thing sitting my office for almost a year and want to buy a GoPro. No PM so e-mail me at stevelexa AT gmail DOT com.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I don't understand why your Dad's not offering test rides. Obviously not if they don't have the full asking price in cash there, but if they do have it, why not let them take it out for a spin? They break it they buy it. There's no way I'd drop $9500 on a bike that I hadn't riden.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
If you come with the full asking price in hand I'm sure he'll let you do it, just no coming in empty handed expecting to be allowed to take the bike onto the street.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Everyone says no test rides, I have gotten a test ride on every bike I've bought, even the superduke 1290 from a dealership. No test rides basically means show up with cash to ride.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Funny how that works, I've always said "test rides with cash in my hand" and the only time anyone has ever test ridden anything was when I sold the first CX, for $800.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Located in Wenatchee WA
1971 Yamaha R5
7800 miles runs/rides in very good condition.
Motocarrera Pipes / Rearsets
Hagon shocks
Oregon motorcycle charging system.
I've had this bike for ~4 years and planned on keeping it forever but I'm just not riding enough.

Areas that could use attention:
Gauge backlights need to be replaced.
Trip odometer only half functions.
Despite being only 3 years old the rear tire has some cracking (not happy about this).

All the chrome is in very good shape, have stock pipes if you're into that in very good shape. Would prefer the person that buys this not screw it up with a 'sweet cafe' conversion. I have ridden this bike quite often so the problems that you'd run into with a bike that sits shouldn't happen. Strongly prefer cash but would consider trades for a dual sport. $2500 obo
Pics:
http://imgur.com/a/c9Uli

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
I'm looking for a front end for my project 83 gs 750. Ideally, I would use a new street triple's front end but that's super unlikely so I'm open to any upside down forks front end. Even dirt bike front ends.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I have a complete 02 crf450r front end if you'd be interested in that.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
What do you want for it?

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

$150 shipped gets you a pair of these Helimot Buffalo Pro gloves in size XL. Less than a week old, maybe 250 miles on them. Low-speed lowside on one trackday caused some scuffing on the right glove palm (as pictured) but doesn't appear to have eaten up much material. They haven't broken in and are already too large for me, probably perfect if you have big hands and fat fingers.

https://shop.helimot.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=25

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I have an unused lowering link for a WR250R/X. It's exactly as it came new with installation instructions included. I'll give it up for $125 shipped if anybody's interested:

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Sold!

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 16, 2014

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

astrollinthepork posted:

I have a set of black 43 mm Woodcraft clip-ons with a 2" riser. One of the bars was drilled with a 1/4" hole. Asking $100 shipped from Ohio.

Looking at Woodcraft's site these will fit the following:
Yamaha R6 99-04
Honda CBR600F4/F4i (Woodcraft states that there is interference with the stock bodywork)
Honda CB900F Hornet 900/919
Buell M2 Cyclone
Kawasaki ZRX 1100/1200

There is likely more, as the 919 wasn't listed but that's what they came off of. PO fitted them. They fit and worked fine but I hated them and took them off as soon as I got the bike home. They've been sitting in the garage for a year.

If you live in or near an hour anywhere from Columbus, OH I'd be willing to drop them off instead of messing around with shipping.

These are still for sale. Make me an offer so I don't have to mess with ebay.

Also looking for some boots. Seeking something more race oriented than touring or street. I wear anything from 10-11 depending on brand.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Still looking for luggage, bags, whatever. Tired of this back pack back sweat. Everyone takes the good stuff before me so this is a pseudo dibs. :)

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Not expecting to sell these, but I have a pair of sintered metallic brake pads from Marshall Distributing. My friend gave me a set of EBC HH pads for free so I used those instead but to my untrained eye they appear indistinguishable from each other. The Marshall pads however, are made in Taiwan. They retail $22-$25. I cant let them go for $15 shipped loose.

Marshall part # is MP163J

This fits some notable CA faves such as:

Suzuki
GSF1200A Bandit, 2006 - Rear
GSF1200S Bandit, 2006 - Rear
GSF1200SA Bandit, 2006 - Rear
GSF1250A Bandit, 2007-2012 - Rear
GSF1250S Bandit, 2007-2012 - Rear
GSF1250SA Bandit, 2007-2012 - Rear
SV1000S, 2003-2007 - Rear
SV1000SV, 2003-2007 - Rear
SV650, 2003-2010 - Right - Rear
SV650S, 2003-2010 - Right - Rear

Triumph
Daytona 600, 2003-2004 - Rear
Daytona 650, 2005 - Rear
Daytona 675, 2006 - Rear

Yamaha
FZ600S FZ6, 2004 - Rear
FZ6N, 2005-2007 - Rear
FZ6NS, 2005-2007 - Rear
FZS1000 FZ1, 2006-2012 - Rear
FZS600 FZ6, 2004-2006 - Rear
YZF-R1, 2004-2006 - Rear
YZF-R1, 2007-2012 - Rear
YZF-R6S, 2003-2009 - Rear

And pretty much every Honda ever made.

Full application list is here:
http://www.starmotorbike.com/marshall-marshall-brake-pads-and-shoes-detail.htm?productid=17261451

ctrl+F "MP163J"

astrollinthepork fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 13, 2014

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
I'm not selling my RS Taichi GMX leather jacket

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 7, 2014

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Chriskory posted:

I'm selling my RS Taichi GMX leather jacket. It's a size 52 euro 42 US
I am 5'11 with a 44 inch chest and it fits well.

Nearly new condition. I'm thinking $300?

Send questions and your paypal money to my user name @gmail

I'm located in Colorado, but I'll ship it to you.

I'm definitely interested. Do you know which..er..model GMX it is? Looks like there's a few different ones. Motion, Lite, etc.

Edit: Ah, never mind. My chest is more like 38 inches. Damnit.

A Proper Uppercut fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 16, 2014

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

My girlfriend needs new gloves! Does anyone have small-sized gloves they're willing to part with? Not picky about the type (she rides as passenger), just looking for something cheap-ish with decent protection.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

^ I'm getting rid of my Dainese carbon cover womens gloves. Got a CL buyer coming over to check them out this week, but if that doesn't work out, you can grab em. They're a womens medium, but they're pretty drat small.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Awesome, thanks, let me know how it works out.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4523316411.html
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4523278991.html

Two "barn find" motorcycles for sale, 90s zx6r and (I think) an early 80s KZ750. I don't expect much for them but figure I'll throw them up here in case anyone needs one of them for parts.

Discomancer
Aug 31, 2001

I'm on a cupcake caper!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I'm definitely interested. Do you know which..er..model GMX it is? Looks like there's a few different ones. Motion, Lite, etc.

Edit: Ah, never mind. My chest is more like 38 inches. Damnit.

That actually might be the right size, RS Taichi sizes pretty small, I'm usually a size 40 US, and my size 54 jacket fits perfectly. I'm 5'10, 165lbs, no stomach for reference.

Discomancer
Aug 31, 2001

I'm on a cupcake caper!
Double post. Nothing to see here, move along citizen

Discomancer fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 17, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hot sauce posted:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4523316411.html
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4523278991.html

Two "barn find" motorcycles for sale, 90s zx6r and (I think) an early 80s KZ750. I don't expect much for them but figure I'll throw them up here in case anyone needs one of them for parts.

drat. That Ninja's paintjob is baller.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

drat. That Ninja's paintjob is baller.

That's exactly what I said when I first looked at it. Part of me wants to keep it, but I really don't want to spend money restoring it or figuring out how to get a new title for it.

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hot sauce posted:

That's exactly what I said when I first looked at it. Part of me wants to keep it, but I really don't want to spend money restoring it or figuring out how to get a new title for it.

I can honestly say that if you were on the West Coast and the price was right I would be all over that as my first project bike. God drat it is a beauty.