Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what food do you avoid the most
This poll is closed.
flesh 7 5.88%
booby juice 35 29.41%
vegetables 7 5.88%
salt 16 13.45%
gluten free organic 54 45.38%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

can your friend eat quinoa and millet op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Dolphin posted:

maybe not. another quirk of his diet: he takes tons of vitamins and other supplements and thinks they prevent diseases. not vitamin deficiencies, actual infectious diseases. like sometime around last september he had the flu and took all kinds of vitamins and was convinced that his 2 week recovery was "so fast because i took vitamins and used a netti pot twice a day"

I'd push him down the stairs anyway.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Dolphin posted:

what part of don't give me that bullshit didn't you understand

Its just as retarded to say "that lanky guy's bmi is 14 he's sick and dying" as it is to say "that bodybuilder's bmi is 30, what a fatass."

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Its just as retarded to say "that lanky guy's bmi is 14 he's sick and dying" as it is to say "that bodybuilder's bmi is 30, what a fatass."

Did you just miss the part where the guy in question is obviously malnourished, feels sick constantly and is suffering from chronic fatigue and headaches?

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Box of Trial posted:

Did you just miss the part where the guy in question is obviously malnourished, feels sick constantly and is suffering from chronic fatigue and headaches?

Sounds more like depression than malnutrition.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Post pics of your friend OP, steampunk iPhone needs some thinspo

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
what insane human has tasted tomatoes and peppers and has decided "no more of these for me, thanks"

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Sounds more like depression than malnutrition.

You're dumb.

e:

:ohdear: : "Doctor, we have a patient in complaining of frequent headaches, fatigue and bouts of illness. Patient is 6'4" and weighs 120 pounds."

:pseudo: : "Hmm, sounds like he's depressed."

Box of Trial fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 17, 2014

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
im vegan but i eat a shitload of p*ssy!!!!!!!!!!!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hmm heere is a truthbomb from nightshadefree.com

quote:

Most people are eating nightshade plants daily and have no idea they contains small amounts of neurotoxins, that are causing them pain and digestive problems. Tobacco is a nightshade and the toxins take years to develop into cancer. Most of the public are eating nightshades without even knowing they are eating the same toxins found in tobacco.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ahhh, the mysterious toxin.

Natural indicator of crazy

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Box of Trial posted:

You're dumb.

e:

:ohdear: : "Doctor, we have a patient in complaining of frequent headaches, fatigue and bouts of illness. Patient is 6'4" and weighs 120 pounds."

:pseudo: : "Hmm, sounds like he's depressed."

He's taking vitamins and supplements, so it's very unlikely that he's malnourished

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

ahahahahahahahaaha I can't believe thats an actual thing

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

a hole-y ghost posted:

Isn't solanine the bogeyman of nightshade panic? That gets excreted and metabolized relatively quickly so it can't really build up to an appreciable level before it's out of your system.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Nightshades are a huge and diverse group, there are 2700+ species quite apart from the hundreds of varieties and cultivars of the domesticated forms. Assuming that because one member of the group is dangerous they all are is as stupid as refusing to eat soy beans because castor beans contain deadly ricin toxin. In fact, if you refuse to eat all organisms from a taxonomic family that contains at least one dangerously toxic species, you will probably not be able to eat anything.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

eat vegans, it's the purest food (maybe leave out the liver)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Box of Trial posted:

Isn't solanine the bogeyman of nightshade panic? That gets excreted and metabolized relatively quickly so it can't really build up to an appreciable level before it's out of your system.
that site tries to say that people get cancer from smoking tobacco because of solanine lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steampunk iPhone posted:

no it isn't, you don't know poo poo about human health so you should probably just shut the gently caress up

Steampunk iPhone posted:

He's taking vitamins and supplements, so it's very unlikely that he's malnourished
lol hey tim

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Steampunk iPhone posted:

lack of protein is a common form of malnutrition. Vegans have difficulty getting enough protein at the best of times, eat an even more restricted diet and problems are gonna start arising.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

a hole-y ghost posted:

that site tries to say that people get cancer from smoking tobacco because of solanine lol

No it's definitely not the myriad unstable organic compounds created by the combustion of the tobacco, it's definitely the thing whose toxicity is due to a very specific mechanism of action within the body's cells.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

lack of protein is a common form of malnutrition. Vegans have difficulty getting enough protein at the best of times, eat an even more restricted diet and problems are gonna start arising.
looks like you should only be vegan if you get a steady stream of protein by other means :gizz:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Steampunk iPhone posted:

No it isn't. When someone has an abnormally high BMI, it could be due to lots of fat, lots of muscle, or a mixture of both. When someone has an abnormally low BMI, they're simply missing both of those things. There's no ambiguity.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Steampunk iPhone posted:

This isn't an episode of House, you idiot. The most likely (by loving far) explanation for his condition is he's not getting sufficient nutrition, which him being very underweight for his height is a symptom of.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

No it isn't. When someone has an abnormally high BMI, it could be due to lots of fat, lots of muscle, or a mixture of both. When someone has an abnormally low BMI, they're simply missing both of those things. There's no ambiguity.
well what if he's just... small boned...

e: actually wait steampunk iphone literally used that argument lol

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
killing and eating things is a natural part of the world. if all of those eggs could eat smashmouth they'd do it in a heartbeat

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

I'd tolerate these stupid suicidal hippie diets more if they weren't all such loving evangelicals about it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just because you cut out bad poo poo doesn't mean you're automatically healthy, you still need sufficient amino acids and nutrients in your diets coming from other sources. Tell his dumb rear end that.

I have a brother-in-law who was vegetarian but didn't like vegetables so all he ate was cheese and bread. His doctor told him he was going to kill himself quickly if he didn't start eating better.

Steampunk iPhone posted:

This poo poo doesn't get absorbed right without food if at all (I think recent studies say you just pee it all out and vitamin pills and supplements are mostly useless).

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Some people have an "obese" BMI despite being healthy because they have a large frame and tons of muscle mass. Likewise some people have small frames and naturally gain little fat or muscle mass, and are erroneously classified as underweight according to BMI. How autistic do you have to be to say "duhhhhh this number is under an arbitrary cutoff point therefore its bad"??

This is true. A lot of weight lifters have obese BMIs, like you said. This guy sounds malnourished, though. The chart as is applies to like 80%-90% of people.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 18, 2014

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I developed a bunch of food allergies all at once around 2007 or 2008, including the entire nightshade family, because . . . because even the atheist gods hate me, I guess. I'm also allergic to the entire lily family, too -- onions, garlic, asparagus -- and a bunch of random, unrelated things like strawberries, bananas, and green beans. I'm fortunate that most of my allergies are the "blisters in mouth" kind instead of the "die as lungs swell shut" kind.

So, this guy is eating a diet even more restrictive that what I'm supposedly following, slowly killing himself with it, and without any real excuse beyond the undefined scream of "TOXINS!!!!!!" I'm not usually vindictive on the internet (you guys are much better at it than I am), but in this case I agree: Kick him down the stairs.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You could just arm wrestle him each day to help get the point across.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devils Affricate posted:

You could just arm wrestle him each day to help get the point across.
that would probably break his rotator cuff off

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I'm actually very pro-vegans-eating-nightshade OP. I recommend they try belladonna.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't believe anyone is saying 6'4 120lbs is "on the low end" gotta be trolling

5"11 and 155 is pushing it

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i am 6'2 270 and fat, when im not fat its about 230, and under 210 i look like i have one of those diarrhea diseases that turn you into a skeleton. your telling me this guy is 2 inches taller and about a hundred less pounds than diarrhea skeleton?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he sounds anemic, he needs iron, have him drink a big ol' bag of blood. Basically all blood all the time for this guy until he gets better

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
pls eat more nightshade.

naem
May 29, 2011

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I developed a bunch of food allergies all at once around 2007 or 2008, including the entire nightshade family, because . . . because even the atheist gods hate me, I guess. I'm also allergic to the entire lily family, too -- onions, garlic, asparagus -- and a bunch of random, unrelated things like strawberries, bananas, and green beans. I'm fortunate that most of my allergies are the "blisters in mouth" kind instead of the "die as lungs swell shut" kind.

So, this guy is eating a diet even more restrictive that what I'm supposedly following, slowly killing himself with it, and without any real excuse beyond the undefined scream of "TOXINS!!!!!!" I'm not usually vindictive on the internet (you guys are much better at it than I am), but in this case I agree: Kick him down the stairs.

Glad you are doing well and got it checked out by your doc and all that but what do you eat??

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

i only eat butter and ghosts gently caress night shades

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

This poo poo doesn't get absorbed right without food if at all (I think recent studies say you just pee it all out and vitamin pills and supplements are mostly useless).
probably best since the amount of vitamin D and E in those things could help cause osteoporosis and a bunch of tumors if you took it all in

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
tomatoes are good and you should eat them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Op u n ur friend sound retarded. He should probably get some of teh sand out of his vagina and eat meat and have a normal healthy diet. Lol @ this gluten free bullshit and his pansy rear end diet he is defintly malnourished and unhealthy as gently caress thats some concentration camp poo poo

Also bmi is off if ur an athlete or lift regularly this is not hard its common knowledge but still lol @fats and chubsters who try to use that poo poo as an excuse

Ur friend sounds like a bitch n ur kinda retarded it looks like

I love that gluten free poo poo, its a nice litmus test to tell how srsly u should take some1

• Locked thread