Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It sounds like the sort of enormous clusterfuck that sucks any skill out of the game. Maybe someone will thrive in the chaos and outplay the hell out of everyone, but I'm not optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Juanito posted:

HoH not being safe, I don't think I like it.

That doesn't even make sense. So the dual HoHs could nominate each other and both end up evicted?? What?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I get the sense it's the following:

Comp 1: 2 HOHs crowned: Call them A & B
HOH A: Nominates C & D
HOH B: Nominates E & F

"Battle of the Block" happens. Which I assume replaces veto, as six people are involved at this point. If HOH B wins, she could replace E with A who no longer has any power.

Final vote come Thursday is A VS F. And America could play some part in having a vote maybe?

Also, more House pics here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/photos-big-brother-16-house-712554

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 18, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Fan vote on which HoH's nominations they like better, making those noms the official ones. :suicide:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Man it's pretty funky looking. The couch space is ugly as sin but most of the rest of it is starting to grow on me after seeing better pictures.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Alternate take via Jokers of how this might work:

The two winners of HOH make their nominations. If we factor in two separate teams within the house it stands to reason that each HOH will nom the other teams players, equaling 4 on the block.

Now comes the Battle. The two HOH face off against each other in a comp. The winner gets to keep his noms from the other side of the house the same AND has his players removed from the block leaving only two noms on the block from the losing HOH side.

The loss forces the losing HOH to have his/her protection removed and he/she can become a replacement on the block if veto is won and used.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbnewsandrumors&Number=21641188#ixzz351EIz2WS

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It sounds confusing as hell. I don't like the idea of four nominees if that means someone could get voted out with a handful of votes, but if its just two final nominees then whatever. I'm always open to America stuff just because I think its hilarious when the houseguests find out the viewers hate them. That's why I will buy feeds, to watch this season's equivalent of Andy, Aaryn, or Amanda spend hours rationalizing why America voted against their interests.

Either way its just going to last 3-5 weeks and then the game will default back to normal.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Either way its just going to last 3-5 weeks and then the game will default back to normal.

Basically this, which tanks my interest in the twist a bit. I am up for anything new since it is getting stale (mostly because of casting and challenge production) but this new twist is going to be pointless when it only lasts for one month.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Have Not room:

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/big-brother-16-havenot-ice-box-room-its-going-to-be-a-cold-summer-for-the-havenots/

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I think airplane seats were the worst.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm assuming that's not all real ice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Some kind of plastic, obviously, which has to be amazingly uncomfortable and basically defeats the purpose of a mattress. I think I could have dealt with the airplane seats even if it would have been miserable, but this looks brutal to me.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I dunno if these new rules are going to work but it certainly puts a rub on people going in with gameplan of just alliancing up 5 to 6 deep and Pagonging everyone else. The HOH being vulnerable is especially delicious to me.

Now if only the cast will be worth a poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Robnoxious posted:

Now if only the cast will be worth a poo poo.

I'm optimistic.

:swoon:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
The dynamics are starting to make some more sense when you think about it. Like Frank said on twitter

Frank Eudy ‏@Frankeudy
So maybe it's similar to blood and water, except you and your "partner" have the chance to win both HOH's and control the house #BB16

And even if there's no BvW it's the same with alliances. If two people you're good with are the HoH then that's some pretty good safety compared to trying to hide under the radar.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Cast interviews are out. 16 noobies.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Spiky Ooze posted:

Cast interviews are out. 16 noobies.

Goddammit.

The rumours of the Reilly sisters, Frank and Psycho Sid were too awesome for this world. :sigh:

Edit: Caleb seems slightly inbred. Not a good start.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 19, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Hayden Voss"?? :raise:

I'm never going to be able to tell these two apart, are they even different people.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Hayden Voss"?? :raise:

I'm never going to be able to tell these two apart, are they even different people.

They don't look very similar to me.

There still could be veterans showing up, right? When they did the whole 4 team thing with veteran coaches, weren't the coaches not announced right away?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

BGrifter posted:

The rumours of the Reilly sisters, Frank and Psycho Sid were too awesome for this world. :sigh:

It was the most insane amount of fake spoiler trolling ever for anything, so I have to give credit to all the BS artists. They really confused everyone.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So we have another idiot cop who's totally gonna lie about being a cop because ??? Not in the fun frenetic Tony way either.

Dread rising about this season.

Edit: even the wrestling dirt sheets picked up the Psycho Sid on Big Brother thing.

Edit2: Zach is going to be a hilarious trainwreck. Totally thinks he's Dr Will 2.0, smart money is he's Brian from BB10. It'll be fun watching him burst into flames, and who knows, maybe he's as good as he thinks he is. STAC will hate him, especially after naming Mike Boogie his favourite player.

I like Devin so far, he seems solid and likeable.

Edit3: Nicole and Christine both seem pretty awesome, but I'm having a hard time deciding which screams first boot the hardest. One of them could have a run if they survive a few weeks, but both could easily be gone by week two.

Aside from that it's the usual mix of mactors and stunt casting like beard hillbilly. Hopefully there are a few unrevealed cast members.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 19, 2014

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Matt Hoffman's breakdown of contestants is pretty hilarious.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/matt-hoffman-breaks-down-big-brother-16-cast/

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Sadly there are no Diabolical Supergeniuses in this cast.

Bring back Matt Hoffman. :swoon: Or chain him in a basement and force him to podcast about Willy Wonka for all eternity. Either/or.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I assume "YouTube Personality" is just the PC way of saying "Annoying Jackass"

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

"Unemployed Camwhore"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

sportsgenius86 posted:

"YouTube Personalities" have such an illustrious history of success on Big Brother.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

"YouTube Personalities" have such an illustrious history of success on Big Brother.

The thing with Wil was he was a stick in the mud on the show.
They casted him for his over the top schtick and he didn't deliver at all

Once he got out of there and started posting BB parodies did we see his full potential.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Looking over the cast I have a feeling that BB16 is going to go from racist to bigotry this year. The southern minister and duck dynasty guy have me worried about them being locked in a house Frankie for more then a few days.

This worries me.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I don't know, I think BB will have that more on lockdown this season.

As for my thoughts on the cast, okay, maybe? Hard to tell at this point, seems like the typical BB-cast. Was hoping for something a bit different this time around. Getting a read on HGs early is always a bit difficult, as some of their true personality doesn't start to show until a week or so in.

I also have to express some strong surprise that there are no returning players this year. After last years fiasco, it really seemed the time was right for it.

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 19, 2014

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Unless CBS is just playing coy and there will also be some returnees added to these announced house guests.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Wee Bairns posted:

Unless CBS is just playing coy and there will also be some returnees added to these announced house guests.

They've got 16 people already. More than that and the plumbing bills alone would be astronomical so it's unlikely.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I hate the fact that it worse me but it does.

On the plus side no America's vote fuckery with 500k twitter followers and a sister with 16 million of them. Production would have a hard time rigging things for that.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Something about this guy...

Strikes me as an amazing similarity to this guy...

The bottom picture is DLR from Van Halen... get off my lawn you young whippersnappers! gently caress, I'm old. :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spiky Ooze posted:

They've got 16 people already. More than that and the plumbing bills alone would be astronomical so it's unlikely.

Its weird but one of my favorite things from getting the feeds last year was laughing at how pissed off they'd all be at having to wait for the bathroom when the house was full. I love that early season, overcrowded chaos and think it gives you a real quick look at who the real assholes and children are who can't even cope with something as simple as an overcrowded hotel dorm.

sbaldrick posted:

On the plus side no America's vote fuckery with 500k twitter followers and a sister with 16 million of them. Production would have a hard time rigging things for that.
The Youtube dude apparently has a famous sister. Some Disney Channel girl I never heard of, Ariana Grande. I have no idea if she's actually famous or if it would matter or what.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

IMDB says she was all over the live action Nickelodeon shows (Victorious, iCarly etc.)

That means at some point in her career Dan Schneider cornered her in a back office and sexually molested her.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3812858/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I recognize her name, Ariana Grande's got the #2 hit on the Billboard top 100 right now, as well as on Spotify.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
Yeah, in my experience Ariana Grande is a much much bigger name than Rachel - Ariana's music gets played at the gym, on MTV, etc, she's pretty big. Frankie is coming into the house with 545k followers, that could screw things up a bit.

Obviously can't get a read on anyone - then again, I was very worried about Dan G when we first met him but he turned out to be the best.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The biggest of the BB "stars" is Rachel and she has less then half of the twitter followers of Frankie and was able to vote to keep her sister for the first part of BB15. I don't think they thought this casting through.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I agree. Why the hell would you introduce a big "fan vote" angle this season, then crap it up with someone coming in with a lot of pre-existing followers. They did the same exact thing last year with Elissa.

The only thing I can hope, is that if he's an rear end, that he becomes the de facto consensus whipping boy for all the other fans to vote for on punishments, whereas his bloc will have no consensus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Teek posted:

I agree. Why the hell would you introduce a big "fan vote" angle this season, then crap it up with someone coming in with a lot of pre-existing followers. They did the same exact thing last year with Elissa.

The only thing I can hope, is that if he's an rear end, that he becomes the de facto consensus whipping boy for all the other fans to vote for on punishments, whereas his bloc will have no consensus.

They would do that if they decided that the person having that advantage would be worth it. He stands the chance of bringing a bunch of eyeballs from a key demo that would probably never watch the show normally, of course they wouldn't mind if his massive fan base somehow gave him an unfair advantage that resulted in him staying longer than he otherwise would have.

• Locked thread