Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Al Cowens posted:

'Tranny' will get you tarred and feathered in the current political climate. Everybody's real mad at RuPaul and Dan Savage for not knowing this either. Blame tumblr.

If we were to go by tumblr standards it would specifically have to be "trans*" which is pretty loving gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dexters Secret posted:

for the same reason that 'whitey' is a slur lowtax
well I always thought "tranny" was just an abbreviated way of saying "transsexual," since it's shorter and I didn't know adding a "-y" to things automatically made it a slur, so I plead ignorance

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Lowtax posted:

what? why?
Dexter is trolling you. It's the other way around.

Not like this matters, you're going to offend a tranny somewhere no matter how well you try to be accommodating. Go balls out and call them shemales.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

If this forum is so stupid then you won't have any problem with being on probation for 500000000000 days right

is it even possible to probate someone for twelve trillion hours

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Dexters Secret posted:

its dehumanizing to be referred to as a 'transgender', you should always say 'transgendered person

otherwise your just being ignorant

tbh if you dont use person first terminology you are scum either way

a person, who happens to be trans*

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Al Cowens posted:

'Tranny' will get you tarred and feathered in the current political climate. Everybody's real mad at RuPaul and Dan Savage for not knowing this either. Blame tumblr.

Its too informal and easy. A confusing seven word term for your gender is the only way to be taken seriously

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Dexter is trolling you. It's the other way around.

i would never troll

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

its dehumanizing to be referred to as a 'transgender', you should always say 'transgendered person

otherwise your just being ignorant

living in the modern world is so complicated

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

how about we just agree that we're all scum

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

The Green Calx posted:

how about we just agree that we're all scum
I'm down.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
There needs to be a rulebook for this poo poo

anyway to get back on topic, "troon" is a stupid sounding word and that was my point

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
What are everyone's thoughts on goons with typhoid fever, or typhoons?

I'm more of a fan of platypus goons myself.

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
lowtax, is shmorky an actual person or your alter ego?

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

scoons

scum goons

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Lowtax posted:

The only rule is that you (the collective you) are always a problematic shitlord, somehow, in some way.

No matter what.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Alucard posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on goons with typhoid fever, or typhoons?
I'm a goon from Los Angeles, I'm a Lagoon

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Al Cowens posted:

The only rule is that you (the collective you) are always a problematic shitlord, somehow, in some way.

No matter what.

Is this coming from a trans or a friendzoned nerd

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Homo for Hitler posted:

If we were to go by tumblr standards it would specifically have to be "trans*" which is pretty loving gay

I know I'm gonna regret asking, but I just have to know what's up with the asterisk.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i think when you de-tumblr-fy the forum you should give all the transgendered persons a star next to their name to show your support

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dexters Secret posted:

i think when you de-tumblr-fy the forum you should give all the transgendered persons a star next to their name to show your support
but every goon is a star in my book

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

PostNouveau posted:

I know I'm gonna regret asking, but I just have to know what's up with the asterisk.
Wildcard. It leaves a big open umbrella for queer, intersex, transgender, transsexual, transvestite, drag queen, ...

Homo for Hitler posted:

Is this coming from a trans or a friendzoned nerd
Neither.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Wildcard. It leaves a big open umbrella for queer, intersex, transgender, transsexual, transvestite, drag queen, ...
i'm trans-hitler

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

Great idea

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Dexters Secret posted:

lmao if you think SA is tumblr-y in any way

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
I've known about 3 trans people in my life and every single one referred to themselves as a tranny, then again I'm English. Pip pip.

necroid
May 14, 2009

is this the thread where you announce you're engaged with Shmorky? I need to know for a project

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Al Cowens posted:

Wildcard. It leaves a big open umbrella for queer, intersex, transgender, transsexual, transvestite, drag queen,
Oh you mean quoons, intersoons, transgendoons, transvestoons, dragoons

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

White Dog Eggs posted:

I've known about 3 trans people in my life and every single one referred to themselves as a tranny, then again I'm English. Pip pip.

can you guys still say "bum a fag mate?" because I've always wanted to go to the UK just to say that, or is that now a sexual invitation because that works too I don't smoke

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

necroid posted:

is this the thread where you announce you're engaged with Shmorky? I need to know for a project
Considering shmorky is currently living with a woman, I would say no

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Considering shmorky is currently living with a woman, I would say no

he moved back with his mom, huh ?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Decebal posted:

he moved back with his mom, huh ?
His girlfriend moved in with him you dingus

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

First Bass posted:

can you guys still say "bum a fag mate?" because I've always wanted to go to the UK just to say that, or is that now a sexual invitation because that works too I don't smoke

What you do with strangers in public toilets is entirely your own concern sir.

Actual answer: Yes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Calling yourself a troon is defining yourself by two features, why not just go out and be a full person?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Lowtax posted:

His girlfriend moved in with him you dingus

shmorky doesn't have a gender, does that mean shes asexual?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

White Dog Eggs posted:

What you do with strangers in public toilets is entirely your own concern sir.

Actual answer: Yes.

I actually identify as the reincarnation of Goku's pants, which are without gender so check your privilege cis scum :goku:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I like troons because it sounds like something you'd get up early to watch on saturday morning.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Lowtax posted:

anyway to get back on topic, "troon" is a stupid sounding word and that was my point

Isn;t the etymology of the phrase that trans* goons would call themselves that but the more progressive goons told them that was problematic or something and then it just morphed into an insult over time? Or was it just always an insult? I'm actually being serious as I'm just curious.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

correct

trans* could be transexual transparent transfat transcription etc

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Arnold of Soissons posted:

correct

trans* could be transexual transparent transfat transcription etc

lots and lots of trans

Adbot