Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
If it is, I really want people to switch to zzyzx for :science:. If he is Scum, I think we have this game nailed down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ardulac posted:

I've been getting that same vibe, so I'm glad to hear that you're getting that feeling from mason chat.

We have not said one word to each other OOT.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Oh, that's weird. Have you guys tried?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ardulac posted:

Oh, that's weird. Have you guys tried?

I brought it up in thread but he said he'd rather not talk oot, which made me a little suspicious, but the timing of this

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, this game is stagnant enough that i'm down with a lurker lynch ##vote TNL

is what really stuck out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought it would be funnier if we didn't but we can if you're going to get all paranoid on me

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I had no idea last night was deadline.... How long was day 3?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
The group rises early the next morning, pressing on towards the center of the valley where, you reason, the temple must stand. Cresting the next hill, you can make out the slotted tile roof of a structure on the next rise some miles distant on the other side of a grove of yellowing trees.

The expedition sets a quick pace, anxious to make the gates by nightfall. As you grow closer to the forest, you see the trees in more and more focus and realize they are not as they appeared before, but rather a massive and sprawling bamboo forest!

“We should approach with caution,” warns Your Personal Muse, beginning to weave his way between the towering columns of timber. “This place seems a little too calm and peaceful.”

“Do not be such a coward, you old crow!” shouts Zzyzx with a loud guffaw, “Bamboo groves are not known for their low visibility. We will easily see anything dangerous coming from quite some distance away! There is little to fear from this place, I promise you!”

With that, Zzyzx loped off into the forest, easily bouncing between the trees, hooting and hollering like a madman.

“We must go after him.” whispers your partner, “We cannot afford to lose any more of the expedition.” He begins picking his way through the trees after that blasted fool.

After a few moments of hot pursuit, you at last catch sight of Zzyzx up ahead. You can tell from a distance something is amiss. Zzyzx is standing very still. Before him stands The Ninth Layer.

“How did you get ahead of us?” Someone shouts.”You were in the back of the group when we entered!”

“I cannot allow you to continue…” TNL announces, ”The temple must remain unblemished by outsider hands. I had hoped you would be deterred before this point, but it seems I was mistaken. You must be sto-” You hear a loud crack as something makes contact with the back of TNL’s head, his body pitching forward into the underbrush. Standing above him is Chili holding an arms length of thick bamboo like a club.

“I grow weary of these constant delays.” He declares, pointing with his makeshift baton towards the temple. “Our goal is just there. Let us make haste and reach it before nightfall.”

And with that the expedition marches out once more. The temple in sight.

The Ninth Layer, Temple Guardian, was bludgeoned to death in the bamboo forest!

D4 Starts Now!

Deadline will be somewhat fluid here. I don't want a 5-day day, but midnight on Friday seems rude to the party animals among you.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

This game blows.

:negative:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Fwiw crazyeyes, your flavor had been on point, really good stuff.

Im about to head out but I'll try to do some reads later in the day. I have no idea who to look at next.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

So about that zzyzx guy being scum...

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
And Crazyeyes, this is 100% not your fault.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
State of the Temple address:

Opop is probably scum.

He hasn't made any actual opinion on anyone and only voted TNL when it was pretty obvious he was the lynch choice. If you look at his post history (which I won't take the time to outline because I'm at work and no one here deserves that level of give-a-gently caress from me), there's nothing that's even remotely helpful.

On Zzyzx: I spoke to soon, without actually thinking about it. I had remembered the situation differently and thought that zzyzx issued the challenge, when I looked back and realized that wasn't the case... it basically means that zzyzx could be anything, so nothing there.

We need something out of Tearshed, if we don't hear anything within 24 hours, I'm more than happy to gun for him.

KFC remains an interesting piece here. He's defeatist. I've never seen that before. Based on what I know about him, KFC gets fiesty when he's scum, at least more so than he is now. Based purely on meta, I'd say he's town, his day 1 ploy that nailed scum is also somewhat comforting.

So currently, I'm most comfortable with Fry, YPM, KFC and Ardulac. The first because I know Fry and the last three based on circumstances of the thread.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Long story short, I'd like to see Opop and Piggy challenged.

I don't really mind if Fry and I go up against them. I don't see either one of us getting lynched. But realistically, I'd like for another team go for it. Fry and I are posting more than the average. Being challenged should hopefully provide an incentive for more posting from the quieter among us. Tearshed, want to show us your balls pendants of life?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Color me pleasantly surprised. Great job guys, just two more to go.

Opopanax posted:

I thought it would be funnier if we didn't but we can if you're going to get all paranoid on me
Please do.

Chili posted:

Long story short, I'd like to see Opop and Piggy challenged.

I don't really mind if Fry and I go up against them. I don't see either one of us getting lynched. But realistically, I'd like for another team go for it. Fry and I are posting more than the average. Being challenged should hopefully provide an incentive for more posting from the quieter among us. Tearshed, want to show us your balls pendants of life?
I agree, and I was thinking of challenging them anyway. I'll wait to consult with KFC first.

Otherwise, CPig or Opop, would you care to challenge tearshed?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'd totally be on board with voting C-Pig.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I don't see Muse making that challenge as scum with Ninth, because there's a 2/3 shot one if them die and I'm a much less likely vote than either of them, at least as of yesterday, so he's still cool in my book. Ard (to nobody's great shock) and C-Pig are both hesitating around the Ninth lynch in ways that still make me want to vote them

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

tearshed's one of the few times I've seen a player replace in and then the replacement doesn't say anything, which is kind of special.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
It makes sense in the context of defeat.

If I joined in on a game, and my side was losing, and noone was really talking, and the player I replaced in for was doing gently caress all and was a hair away from being lynched... I'd probably be annoyed. I'd then either do one of two things. Overcompensate and post a fuckton, or just be grumpy about it.

What I'm trying to say is, Tearshed is probably scum, and he probably replaced into a really lovely situation.

Hey lurkers, especially scum lurkers...

Knock it the gently caress off. You are making these games suck and when you lose, you make the town feel dirty for winning.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Possible. Hurt/tearshed would be my next choice after the other two.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I really thought I had something with YPM, but I am less he convinced would challenge zyzzyx' team with something so flimsy if it meant 2/3 of the people on the block were scum and TNL hadn't made some kind of serious commitment to up his game.

Cpig is being his usual low content self. Doesn't mean he isn't scum, but last game I was scum with him, I got him lynched in lylo by literally linking his post history and saying look at this. Cpig's most damning is the way he throws gut suspicion at opop near the end of day yesterday, but, I'd be More on board with opop for his "Scum people play like this in temple games" catch on me and subsequent sidelining.

I too would like tearshed to commit himself to posting more by participating in the challenge today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chili posted:

State of the Temple address:

Opop is probably scum.

He hasn't made any actual opinion on anyone and only voted TNL when it was pretty obvious he was the lynch choice. If you look at his post history (which I won't take the time to outline because I'm at work and no one here deserves that level of give-a-gently caress from me), there's nothing that's even remotely helpful.

On Zzyzx: I spoke to soon, without actually thinking about it. I had remembered the situation differently and thought that zzyzx issued the challenge, when I looked back and realized that wasn't the case... it basically means that zzyzx could be anything, so nothing there.

We need something out of Tearshed, if we don't hear anything within 24 hours, I'm more than happy to gun for him.

KFC remains an interesting piece here. He's defeatist. I've never seen that before. Based on what I know about him, KFC gets fiesty when he's scum, at least more so than he is now. Based purely on meta, I'd say he's town, his day 1 ploy that nailed scum is also somewhat comforting.

So currently, I'm most comfortable with Fry, YPM, KFC and Ardulac. The first because I know Fry and the last three based on circumstances of the thread.

Objection, I made that big case on KFC early on.

I have no objections to challenging tearshed though, if that's what people want to see

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Well that was dumb.

In the time since I subbed in, then had to do real life things, and when I came back to the thread, Dr. Hurt returned.
So I PM'd crazyeyes "why not just let dr.hurt back in".
...then waited like 12 hours for a response, which was "hurt said you can play on"

Sorry about that.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Not having someone to talk to also blows.

Reading~

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##challenge monkeys

##vote Opop

:colbert:

I was wrong about tnl, but I'm not wrong about opop.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Interesting.

Why the monkeys?

I mean, I get that your interest is in Opop, but why'd you pick them?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Opopanax posted:

Objection, I made that big case on KFC early on.

You mean this?

Opopanax posted:

##vote kfc Every temple game before this I've been scum, and we always try to challenge right out of the gate because it minimizes risk. Makes you look towny for firing from the hip, and keeps you from having to be in a duel for a few days

This is a big case?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah, there's really very little there.

I find it problematic for a couple of reasons. Namely, a read based on such fitting circumstances doesn't go away or change. Opop accused you of doing something that "scum tend to do" in this situation. Nothing changes about that, you can't argue against that if it's a fact that he holds to be truth.

Yet, he never really brings it up again, or tries to challenge you... nothing.

On it's own, it's not a big deal, but as a fuel for an "objection"? gently caress that noise.

##vote opop

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I also really really like lynching Opop because it will, in my mind, help define Cpig, who is one of the few remaining question marks left in the game. If we get a scum flip from Opop, Cpig is somewhat cleared through a couple of possible mislynches and the we can probably bring this one home.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
The Purple Parrots have challenged the Green Monkeys!

Eligible lynches: Capitalist Pig, Opopanax, KhyrosFinalCut, Ardulac

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

Interesting.

Why the monkeys?

I mean, I get that your interest is in Opop, but why'd you pick them?

Honestly it was arbitrary, I rolled dice.

Opop is the important thing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's a big case for me.

I'm not too sure on pig one way or the other but I feel like he'd make more of an effort to get me on his side as scum. I've had a bit of a gut feeling on ard for a while now, but I really can't reconcile KFC and AC as both scum

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Well okay that wasn't a long read. It's 2:30am, I'll look at the lynch choices in the morning.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opop, can I assume from your comment earlier that you were the one who was avoiding contact with Cpig or did you both just have a lack of :effort:?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ardulac posted:

Opop, can I assume from your comment earlier that you were the one who was avoiding contact with Cpig or did you both just have a lack of :effort:?

I wouldn't say either of us is avoiding anything, just never reached out to each other

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

I wouldn't say either of us is avoiding anything, just never reached out to each other

hmmmm

CapitalistPig posted:

Tell me what you think privately opop since we haven't set up a doc yet because :effort:

Opopanax posted:

No let's fly solo here, it suits us better.

That pretty much seems like me to be an offer to talk privately to which you responded no.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm down with murdering Opop or KFC. I have a strong town read on ard and a light town read on the pig. But because I don't think that apostate would try and bus KFC so easily, I am going to have to go with ##vote opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

That pretty much seems like me to be an offer to talk privately to which you responded no.

That was clearly a joke. Whatever, my fate is sealed. I had thought pig was town but he's been coming at me at pretty scummy angles today, look him over tomorrow.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

That was clearly a joke. Whatever, my fate is sealed. I had thought pig was town but he's been coming at me at pretty scummy angles today, look him over tomorrow.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > The Game Room > Legends of the Hidden Temple Mafia V: The Legend Of The Lost White Flag!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Perhaps it was too sophisticated of a joke for me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Perhaps it was too sophisticated of a joke for me.

Yeah probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Do you have any other opinions?

• Locked thread