Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://www.avclub.com/article/conclusion-atlas-shrugged-trilogy-pulls-out-big-gu-206019

Dr. Ron Paul, presidential candidate and renowned doctor, will be appearing alongside Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity in the finale to the well-received Atlas Shrugged trilogy. How do you feel about this development? Personally, I think this movie will be a smash hit amongst today's politically active youth. Just look at what he has to say about Ayn Rand's magnum opus.

quote:

“Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic book, but it’s much more than a story—it’s a philosophy,” Paul said to the Reporter. “It’s influenced millions of people already and because of its greatness it’s going to continue to influence a lot of people.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
suck my balls, OP

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the first two movies were hilarious and this sounds like it will be even more funny

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
obligatory cause it's fuckin hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEJGKusJb8

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

suck my balls, OP

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

suck my balls, OP

suck his balls, OP

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?

Boner Medicine posted:

suck his balls, OP

do what this guy says, OP

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SunAndSpring posted:

http://www.avclub.com/article/conclusion-atlas-shrugged-trilogy-pulls-out-big-gu-206019

Dr. Ron Paul, presidential candidate and renowned doctor, will be appearing alongside Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity in the finale to the well-received Atlas Shrugged trilogy. How do you feel about this development? Personally, I think this movie will be a smash hit amongst today's politically active youth. Just look at what he has to say about Ayn Rand's magnum opus.

lol, "well received"

Atlas Shrugged Part 1 - 11% on RottenTomatoes
Atlas Shrugged Part 2 - 5% on RottenTomatoes

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Ron Paul Funeral Movie, $450000 dead

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wonder why the producers of Atlas Shrugged didn't get the hint from the free market once the ticket sales hit?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol orange is the new black girl was in the first one as dabney coleman or something.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SunAndSpring posted:

well-received

hahahaha

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Libertarians are basically the dumbest people alive

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

HalPhilipWalker posted:

do what this guy says, OP

kill you're parents, OP

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I don't even know what atlas shrugged is about :cool:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Wait, if it's a trilogy based on that one book, wouldn't the 3rd half just be that 180 minute monologue? Who needs to be cast other than a John Galt that doesn't get drymouth?

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Ayn rand looks like timmy from whitest kids you know lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I've only seen the first one and all I remember is that even though all the rich people presumably had their own limos, every single shot was clearly in the same one, because they probably filmed every limo shot in one day.

Like it had the same marks on the seats, and there was some weird CD changer above the back seat.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

SunAndSpring posted:

Dr. Ron Paul, presidential candidate and renowned doctor, will be appearing alongside Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity in the finale to the well-received Atlas Shrugged trilogy.

Ayn Rand would have loved it that a movie based on her magnum opus features cameos by populist religious social conservatives!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when the union boss was cartoonishly evil because he didn't want any of his members working a train that would be riding on a new magical metal that had been tested?

how unreasonable

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Ayn rand looks like timmy from whitest kids you know lol

holy poo poo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Iamblikhos posted:

Ayn Rand would have loved

To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I.'

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

Wait, if it's a trilogy based on that one book, wouldn't the 3rd half just be that 180 minute monologue? Who needs to be cast other than a John Galt that doesn't get drymouth?

No lie, they only got to make this movie because some provision in her will expired or something.

It would've been made decades ago but her will stipulated that the whole speech had to run, unabridged.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Joementum posted:

To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I.'

i'm pretty sure she said it at least a few times in her day...

oh, wait, you're alluding to something she said, i get it hehe

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Iamblikhos posted:

i'm pretty sure she said it at least a few times in her day...

oh, wait, you're alluding to something she said, i get it hehe

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Expected goatse.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Joementum posted:

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.

e.g.: if he don't rape you, he ain't a keeper

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Iamblikhos posted:

e.g.: if he don't rape you, he ain't a keeper

Evil requires the sanction of the victim.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Today I learnt that Ron Paul was a gynaecologist.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

I've read somewhere that Ron Paul is genuinely committed as a matter of principle to equal rights for gays, but is himself a comically extreme old-school homophobe.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Someone link that comic about her

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Iamblikhos posted:

I've read somewhere that Ron Paul is genuinely committed as a matter of principle to equal rights for gays, but is himself a comically extreme old-school homophobe.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Samurai Quack posted:

Someone link that comic about her

http://activatecomix.com/162-1-1.comic

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Republican Vampire posted:

No lie, they only got to make this movie because some provision in her will expired or something.

It would've been made decades ago but her will stipulated that the whole speech had to run, unabridged.

That would have made for some amazing Downfall-esque edits.

This is loving great.

Manifest fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 20, 2014

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
I saw part 1 and I don't remember a single loving thing about the movie other than a really lovely CG train and some chick ubermench telling a bunch of railroad workers to get hosed. Whoever wrote that piece of poo poo script tried to cram so much dialogue in that the entire movie ended up being a 3 hour long Speed Racer episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dave Kingman posted:

Libertarians are basically the dumbest people alive
as has been said many times on this forum before, the atlas shrugged trilogy is the manifestation of libertarian dogma because it takes money from the fools and gives it to those who were smart enough to deceive them

• Locked thread