Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Except for the, oh I don't know, at least 500,000 people who fled Mosul when ISIL came a-knockin'.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
It seems that while I've been distracted with the World Cup, no one's been posting Prickly City, which is a shame because there's been some good ones in there.

First, Hillary somehow didn't accomplish anything as Senator or Secretary of State:

Ignore that one though, because this is the one you're gonna wanna read:

There's no topping that one though so have some mild marital drama:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

He's not implying that these are things that the president should be killed for, hence why those secret service are diving to stop a bullet right? why ELSE are the secret service diving onto/infront of the president?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mitt Romney's proudest accomplishment: profited off the firing of many, many people :911:

I guess there was that time he ran an Olympics, too. Which is a great qualification for any head of state.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm often frustrated by people who equate anti-Zionism with antisemitism but that web page is really not helpful.

The author is being pretty incendiary in the way he writes, which is not helpful when dealing with a hot-button issue like this. But I wouldn't say he's being antisemitic.

All the bad stuff he says about Jews in general are either "by Kirschen's logic, Jews don't exist either, yet obviously they do, so Kirschen's quiz is dumb", or "organized religion is weird and dumb :smug:," which are both valid points that he should have worded more carefully.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pure loving schadenfreude.

And then...

Edit - Oh yeah:

Well, it's better than "remember how we totally won the Yom Kippur war" at least.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 20, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's sounded off on it before, yes.

A bit late but does anyone have the link to that one blog/site that had the long detail rebuttal/answers to this? Want to show a friend.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A bit late but does anyone have the link to that one blog/site that had the long detail rebuttal/answers to this? Want to show a friend.

I just linked it but it's gotten bum reviews in the last couple posts. Been at least a year since I read it.

oldswitcheroo
Apr 27, 2008

The bombers opened their bomb bay doors, exerted a miraculous magnetism which shrunk the fires, gathered them into cylindrical steel containers, and lifted the containers into the bellies of the planes.

Mordiceius posted:

I think when presented with the answers he said "The quiz was all trick questions. You can't answer them because Palestine isn't a real nation."

Trick answer, Israel's original statehood too dates back to before the Westphalian concept of a nation-state the same as Palestine's! Neither get to be a country now.

The entire basis for his argument rests on the idea that any Palestinian "state" before the Caliphate held the region was little more than a collection of cities and their outlying areas, and didn't qualify as a "nation" as we know it today. Am I wrong here or is that what he's saying? Because I remember getting a Quiz Bowl answer right about how Gaza was the Phillistine's capital city.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

MisterBadIdea posted:

It seems that while I've been distracted with the World Cup, no one's been posting Prickly City, which is a shame because there's been some good ones in there.

First, Hillary somehow didn't accomplish anything as Senator or Secretary of State:

Ignore that one though, because this is the one you're gonna wanna read:

There's no topping that one though so have some mild marital drama:

So why is the little girl working for the evil bunnies that she hates?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Darkman Fanpage posted:

So why is the little girl working for the evil bunnies that she hates?

Who'd employ a strawman but another strawman?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's sounded off on it before, yes.

Eh this bit about how just living somewhere for centuries is less important when it comes to owning your home than having a flag was funnier when Eddie Izzard did it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hate that wedding cake bakers no longer exist. I had to trick a guy to make me a birthday cake for my cousin "Mary". Then I had him put the name in the middle, happy at the top, and birthday at the bottom. Then I cut out the piece with birth on it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The United States Patent and Trademark Office dumping "Redskins" because it's offensive is....

.....somehow an Obama gaffe.

Seek help, Lester.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I check this thread regularly, and just by reading those Israel and Nassar megaposts, I'm now listed as a hate organization by SPLC.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Answering that ridiculous questionnaire is entirely pointless anyway, because it would just affirm the idiotic assertion that to be a 'people' you need to answer a set of parameters selected by Kirschen and his ilk.
Back in high-school I've actually had the principle of my school stand before my class and repeat that same line of 'there is no Palestinian people'. He then went on to name some of the arguments Kirschen uses. I remember even then, being the shithead that I was back in those days, being taken aback by how ridiculous that notion was.

The real answer of course is that it doesn't loving MATTER whether the Palestinians existed as a cohesive group one hundred or one thousand years ago. What matters is that they are a people now, in the present. There is a large group of people who identify themselves as Palestinians, They have a shared culture and a shared history, however lengthy or brief it may be, that is distinctive and unique to them.
Sadly, Kirschen-esque Zionists are so obsessed over jacking off the the great historic legacy of the Israelites, they honesty can't understand how a people can have a cultural identity unless they've defined themselves by it for at least a millennia. To them, the Palestinians are just sly arabs trying to pull a fast one and get another country going when, gosh darn it, they have so many countries already.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

MisterBadIdea posted:

I swear to god he's done this exact cartoon at least four times.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

bonewitch posted:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a goon, it was one of our Russian allies, and instead of bribing the power company, they got his address and threatened (or did? nobody is totally sure) to go to his house and cut his power.

Either way, Russian Eve players are intense and you should not gently caress with them.

JT Jag posted:

Right general idea but the specifics are wrong. Goons were uninvolved in that caper if I recall correctly, and there was no bribery so much as "a Russian guy literally cut the power to the house of an enemy fleet commander"

:allears: I don't play EVE but I love hearing stories about it. Those people have elevated economic terrorism to an art form

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

ahahahaha

And some boring poo poo from Allie about gerrymandering I guess. This represents his output for the entire week.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Scott Walker basically pile-drove his state down to the bottom of the growth list within 6 months of his election, that it has now limped back all the way to being 41st in spite of him is not a loving accomplishment

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ah, the old "it'll never work if it's not dumb enough for a five-year-old" tact. Carry on, Branco.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

And some boring poo poo from Allie about gerrymandering I guess. This represents his output for the entire week.

Allie's creative output has really dried up since he got this part-time gig for the Illinois Mirror. And his cartoons for that particular wingnut welfare hack outfit are boring as hell, all Ross Gosse-level local minutia and "This Democrat says Illinois is OK at _______ but HE'S WRONG."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Democrats are rightfully angry that the republicans don't even pretend to have policy goals beyond getting their guy elected. A Good Cartoon.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ho hum. A discussion on Israel and Anti-semetism? Let's see if, oh, well, can't always be so lucky.

Maybe do some Latuff Classics later though. I think I saw a "Dying for Oil profits!" edit a bit back and I'm sure some of our more recent arrivals might want some insight into that.

Also many of his cartoons are (sadly) timeless. Good to air them out.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

D.N. Nation posted:

Allie's creative output has really dried up since he got this part-time gig for the Illinois Mirror. And his cartoons for that particular wingnut welfare hack outfit are boring as hell, all Ross Gosse-level local minutia and "This Democrat says Illinois is OK at _______ but HE'S WRONG."

I do agree with him on this one, though. The Democrats have gerrymandered Illinois as bad as the Republicans have in Texas. There is a ballot initiative (which is currently being contested in the courts) to put redistricting in the hands of an independent group.

Oh god, I agree with an Allie, what is the world coming to? :tinfoil:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Kakairo posted:

I do agree with him on this one, though. The Democrats have gerrymandered Illinois as bad as the Republicans have in Texas. There is a ballot initiative (which is currently being contested in the courts) to put redistricting in the hands of an independent group.

Oh god, I agree with an Allie, what is the world coming to? :tinfoil:

Isn't that what California did to stop all of the republican bullshit?

I wish that would happen for the entire country

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Pure loving schadenfreude.

I'm getting a distinct anti-Israel vibe here...

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah gerrymandering is really troubling on all sides, and it takes a certain brand of rear end in a top hat to act like "it's bad and only the other guys are doing it."

Most people I know consider gerrymandering a dirty fact of politics, not at all a partisan.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

I don't think you get the point of all this.

Conservative stright up hate children if they're Mexican children.

Are you loving kidding me?

Democrats won by focusing on a simple issue that affected all Americans, rather than a series of increasingly convoluted conspiracy theories.

Holy poo poo. Gary McCoy is literally the conservative strawman from a bunch of cartoons.

poo poo.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

So is "whole Africa" one of those imaginary countries, like Palestine?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

alnilam posted:

Yeah gerrymandering is really troubling on all sides, and it takes a certain brand of rear end in a top hat to act like "it's bad and only the other guys are doing it."

Most people I know consider gerrymandering a dirty fact of politics, not at all a partisan.

Of the top ten gerrymandered states, Illinois is the only one skewed in favor of the Democrats.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Well that's certainly a refreshingly forward and honest style of racism, if nothing else.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

Well that's certainly a refreshingly forward and honest style of racism, if nothing else.

Remember, it's Europe, they don't have complicated race issues like we do in America! Meaning their racism is much more upfront and much less cloaked in dogwhistle buzzwords.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

El Scotch posted:

I'm getting a distinct anti-Israel vibe here...
You know me

(He said, linking a clip that doesn't actually feature the quote in question and over-explaining the joke)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Aw man, I can't get mad at this- it's just too loving ridiculous.

"Surely this sea of sombrero-wearing babies will curry the favor of the general public!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mexican babies are born with tiny sombreros on their heads. The sombrero grows as the child does until it reaches its final form around puberty. :pseudo:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Begemot posted:

Democrats are rightfully angry that the republicans don't even pretend to have policy goals beyond getting their guy elected. A Good Cartoon.

I was going to say that. Really, this is the easiest AGC ever.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Of the top ten gerrymandered states, Illinois is the only one skewed in favor of the Democrats.

That doesn't make the gerrymandering in Illinois any better than other states. I would love a constitutional amendment requiring independent redistricting boards for all states, but there's no chance of that happening any time soon.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If you think about it and are in idiot, the Redskins trademark is actually anti-racist because it keeps anyone else from using that slur.

I love all these conservative suggestions that they stick it to the patent office by going even more racist.

The patent office had been rejecting new Redskins trademarks for years before this suit; but hey go ahead, I'm sure they'll just issue brand new approvals for bright red racist cartoons, why not. And hey, nothing supports your argument that your team name is a respectful tribute like going "Hey Native Americans fuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk youuuuuuuu!"

Edit: Unless I am an idiot, and this cartoonist is saying that if Redskins is unacceptable then we need to get rid of that racist cartoon mascot too, because in that case nevermind, a million times yes.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Nice to know that you can still count on Oliphant to drop an incredibly racist nugget once or twice a year.

Mister Adequate posted:

Arend van Dam is probably the most overtly racist cartoonist that gets posted with any regularity, this is par for the course.

• Locked thread