Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Beekeeping and You posted:

Oh, god, I just checked. Yomi's max skillup level is SIX? Those bears are going to be a total pain in the rear end to farm.

I have a max skilled FA Lucifer. That was 16 ranks. Let me play my tiny violin for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

UchihaHirou posted:

I have a max skilled FA Lucifer. That was 16 ranks. Let me play my tiny violin for you.

Holy poo poo, ouch. I guess I sort of JUST entered the end game and it somehow never registered while I was reading the thread that yes, skillups are that annoying.

At least I just ultimate evoed my ceres, so the dungeon won't be a problem. You guys weren't kidding when you said Lu Bu was awesome. It feels like all the best monsters are devil or dark type, or they're kirin/DQXQ.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have a max-skilled Yomi so I don't think it's that bad considering I have the worst loving luck.

I do have a Parvati now so I have to run it again.

Time to max skill ultimate tiny alma.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

UchihaHirou posted:

None of the skillups that have a 100% drop for an evolved form are even that bad. I'd rather skill 3 more FA Lucifers again before I have to max skill my Michael or Uriel.

I may also have over 40 unevolved squids in my box after going 3/35 during the event and then 1/11 on dragon flower drops yesterday...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wait Lu By is awesome? I have two of him and I was pretty peeved. I already have Suzaku for my 3.5 burst.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beekeeping and You posted:

Holy poo poo, ouch. I guess I sort of JUST entered the end game and it somehow never registered while I was reading the thread that yes, skillups are that annoying.

At least I just ultimate evoed my ceres, so the dungeon won't be a problem. You guys weren't kidding when you said Lu Bu was awesome. It feels like all the best monsters are devil or dark type, or they're kirin/DQXQ.

A level up max of six is actually pretty reasonable in this game. But, for Yomi, I wish she went up to eleven.

As for the best monsters, pretty much all colors have two or three that are great. Dark just has the best synergy since it is pretty much the row-enhance color (just like its opposite, light, is rainbow-combo central).

Khanstant posted:

Wait Lu By is awesome? I have two of him and I was pretty peeved. I already have Suzaku for my 3.5 burst.

Team up with ronia, then use both of their skills to obliterate fools. His stats, color, and both skills just work very well for demon teams, which are extremely powerful anyways.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 27, 2014

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Karnegal posted:

Could really use a Bastet, Ra, and Ami, but I have every other Egyptian and Japanese god. I'm not sure if I should roll or not. How awful are my odds of getting one of those 3? Am I right to think that it's 9.9% per roll?

Its far, far less. If you are ever rolling for a specific god, you will need more than one or two pulls. Pull if you want, but never expect anything besides like another ducking thanatos.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Khanstant posted:

Its far, far less. If you are ever rolling for a specific god, you will need more than one or two pulls. Pull if you want, but never expect anything besides like another ducking thanatos.

Ducking autocorrect!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

If I want to skill up Highlander, is Poring tower better to run on Master or Expert? Master has a guaranteed encounter with the Poporing I need, but it's not a guaranteed drop and I'll get twice as many opportunities on Expert.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
god rerolling fuckin blows

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Rangpur posted:

If I want to skill up Highlander, is Poring tower better to run on Master or Expert? Master has a guaranteed encounter with the Poporing I need, but it's not a guaranteed drop and I'll get twice as many opportunities on Expert.

Tomorrow it will be at 2x drop, go wild with expert.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Got the biblical waifu!

As usual with the latest batch of JP descends, the boss itself is not that dangerous, but reaching that last stage is not easy at all. Since the dungeon requires you to use all colors to enter, Ronia and the row-enhance brigade are not that useful (and believe me, you do need to be doing lots of damage in this thing) so bring out the Shitbird/Kirin/U&Y/Bastet/Okuni hordes (U&Y gets boosted by the sub-boss, which gives you five turns of extra water orbs, so he's probably the one for this thing).

Edit: I just checked the monster's max damage and a rainbow Luci team should be able to take a big poo poo over this dungeon. No problemo at all.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 27, 2014

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Ok have 3 Mastering but just ran Poring tower at Master twice with no drop, operation King Masterling is put on hiatus.

Buelle
Mar 30, 2011

Let me tell you why that's full of holes.

djwetmouse posted:

Ok have 3 Mastering but just ran Poring tower at Master twice with no drop, operation King Masterling is put on hiatus.

Looks like Poring Tower is going 2x drop Tomorrow!

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Robot Randy posted:

god rerolling fuckin blows

Stop rerolling and take one of my starter accounts. None of them have OMG GOD tier gods but they come with free stones, so you'd have more chances to roll during the upcoming GodFest.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

None of the skillups that have a 100% drop for an evolved form are even that bad. I'd rather skill 3 more FA Lucifers again before I have to max skill my Michael or Uriel.

Good news! Uriel's skill food is a guaranteed drop in the red Mystic Dragon Legend. It's why I have him max skilled and not Gabriel or Apollo (that and abysmal skill up luck with Gabriel).

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Um, holy poo poo. That is one badass Godfest. Japanese 1.0 and Egyptian. :stare:

I wouldn't turn down a Horus or Bastet and an Orochi, Yomi or Susano would be freaking awesome. Gotta resist the urge to buy stones for this one.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Maxed Vamp and Gigas so far. Not so much luck on the others.

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

"Egyptians, Japanese Gods are descending upon the REM with TRIPLE chance to drop! Try your luck! REM Simulator" In 3 days time.
According to padx.
Ugh. Viper would be nice but I'm going to keep throwing money at GungHo for the chance to get Ronia and/or Rodin. Dammit

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
4 Masterings down. Only 21 to go :suicide:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Cless Alvein posted:

4 Masterings down. Only 21 to go :suicide:

Don't you need to max skill them too for that one weird trick to work? :v:

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

TheFluff posted:

You can do that part with Hobgoblins.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

iPodschun posted:

Ugh. Viper would be nice but I'm going to keep throwing money at GungHo for the chance to get Ronia and/or Rodin. Dammit

If you only want a Ronia or Rodin, I'd advise saving your stones for now. The JP version has started getting special Godfests with 3x the rate of Godfest-exclusive gods like the Odins and Sonias, and we're bound to get that here in the US version sooner or later.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

TheFluff posted:

Yes. I have I think 2 max skilled ones. a 3rd that is sl2 or 3. These things FOREVER to skill up. I will seriously go 0/40 on them. It is major bullshit.

Not even really for the gimmick either. Just for shits and giggles.

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack

TheFluff posted:

Could someone spell out the gimmick? I'm curious.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Basically you can orb change forever potentially withotu the enemy getting a turn.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

UchihaHirou posted:

Sorry but that just took time because you're guaranteed one of the angels every run.

Now try skilling a hero God.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Basically you can orb change forever potentially withotu the enemy getting a turn.

What's the point of that?

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005
The refresh can match orbs.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kingnothing posted:

What's the point of that?

Imagine a Luci team, but make it twenty times slower. Also, if you're unlucky you get wiped out. It's just a silly gimmick. It got nerfed because, with a five turn cooldown you could sneak someone else to actually do damage (but it was still boring as poo poo).

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Basically, the strategy is that with 6 max skilled masterings you can theoretcally attack an infinite amount of times with no counterattack. It was nerfed and made useless basically, but with Ult Mastering's 1.5x attack on its leaderskill and the small attack boost and sub-element, it can now actually do some sort of damage. Plus around 150k health isn't something to sneeze at. It's still only really vaguely useful in tricolor or no rcv dungeons, but it's an amusing little trick.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch
cleared two heroes twice and got one of each hero (lucky). seems with Ronia D/B vamp 2x baddie, corpse wyrm DZ ronia the only struggle is the masks. 1 stoned the first time. Zero Stone'd the second.

max awoken but mostly 1-3 skill level so it was a lot of stalling for skills during masks.

now to spam the porings

ThePotatoMasher fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 27, 2014

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

DaveWoo posted:

If you only want a Ronia or Rodin, I'd advise saving your stones for now. The JP version has started getting special Godfests with 3x the rate of Godfest-exclusive gods like the Odins and Sonias, and we're bound to get that here in the US version sooner or later.

Just like Droidragon's awakenings!

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

God, I want this, I need Ronia so bad. :( All of you with 3+ Ronias are huge jerks.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
If it makes you feel better Beekeeping, I kept chasing Ronia for a while, and when I finally got the first one the second came really soon after!

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Zierham posted:

Just like Droidragon's awakenings!

They'll almost certainly enable the Droidragon awakenings the next time they give out Droidragons.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I know enough about the game now to grasp why Ronia is highly sought-after, but I've been so laser-focused on monogreen teams that I never particularly felt the need. I guess it would be nice to have green one (Gronia?) though. Hell, after the last Godfest I had to take half a dozen people off my friends list because they switched over to using nothing but Ronia, and she does nothing useful for me.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch

Rangpur posted:

I know enough about the game now to grasp why Ronia is highly sought-after, but I've been so laser-focused on monogreen teams that I never particularly felt the need. I guess it would be nice to have green one (Gronia?) though. Hell, after the last Godfest I had to take half a dozen people off my friends list because they switched over to using nothing but Ronia, and she does nothing useful for me.

wish you could post 2 leaders

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
The only saving grace about having friends switch to Ronia is you can pair her with Hera Ur for a pretty good team. I only recently acquired Hera Ur, but I'm looking forward to using Ronia friends in the future for green heavy dungeons that Isis and U&Y have problems with (like this stupid green flower dragon :suicide:).

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Xenogenesis posted:

They'll almost certainly enable the Droidragon awakenings the next time they give out Droidragons.

I feel like someone has said this before and been wrong...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
When was Droidragon's last US appearance? When did the awakenings drop?

• Locked thread