Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I planned to write up a post last night, but yesterday was my first day on a new project and my first time having to commute to San Francisco in several years. I was pretty much done for the night after dinner.

But I'm well-rested and think I'm in the groove already, so tonight I'm optimistic that we'll see some knight vs. giant resolution!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Epicurius noted in a PM that no other Pendragon game on the forums has made it past Merlin's giant goat. In honor of our impending historic moment, if you guys survive to the Winter Phase, I'm awarding you each an extra 50 Glory and a free 1 point skill bonus of your choice.

So let "Try not to die" be your motto, my good goonknights!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, sorry for the delay, I was out a bit over the weekend and then the crash happened but I'm getting a post together presently. Mea culpa, friends.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
The forums are barely back up, so no worries. I'm on the road right now anyway... Post probably not going up till late tonight or maybe tomorrow.

This is a good time for knight to chat with themselves and Merlin. Also to make Awareness checks.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 26, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Okay, I don't like being unfair about game resources, but Briant is exactly the sort of person to take a little extra credit. An Arbitrary roll is how I decided whether to go with Briant's or my own preferred method of handling things. As you can see, Briant's method won, and so I will be skewing the Glory handouts. I have decided to call on math to arbitrate this matter. Briant will ensure that no man receives less than 15 Glory so as not to seem unduly greedy (and I really don't want to deny anyone too much of their rightful reward). However, the remainder will be based on how much damage they did to the giant (a method chosen entirely because Briant's strike was the mightiest in that brief battle, and he knows it, so he doesn't even need to bend the truth to claim primacy of reward). Twelve points of Glory are available (the two in excess of 15 from each member of the party), and a total of seventy-seven damage was dealt to the giant. Briant dealt approximately 44% of that damage, which equates to about five points of Glory. Mathing the remainder out (and rounding down for everyone except Bledri), the Glory would be distributed as thus:

Briant: 20 points
Derek: 19 points
Pellogres: 17 points
Bledri: 16 points
Grigor and Rhun: 15 points

If this distribution works, this is what I'd like to go with, but if it's a problem we can just do 17 each, but Briant would still be seeking the lion's share of the attention. While I was thinking on this, I thought to make an Orate roll under Briant's meager skill of 5, to see if perhaps he could tell the story well enough to increase the pool a bit, like perhaps to an average of 20 rather than 17. He succeeded, luckily enough. So if that would have any effect on the amount available, I would keep the same minimum of 15 Glory for everyone (meaning that's what Grigor and Rhun get, sorry, guys), and the following percentages for the rest (round down, except for Bledri):

Briant: 44% (28 if the average were to become 20)
Derek: 36% (25)
Pellogres: 18% (20)
Bledri: Remainder (17)

I figure the in-character portion of this will occur after Roderick and co. return from their killing spree, but I wanted to get the numbers stuff out of the way now. Guess it's a lot of work to just monkey around with a small handful of Glory, but I like doing simple math and statistics, so here we are.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
For the record, I can't speak for anyone else but I have no OOC problems with Bledri swiping extra credit; there's ample opportunity to try and cheese out a bit of extra Glory for all of us in the average Pendragon game, and if you can do so in a fashion that is both creative and doesn't actively dick over anyone else, it's all good in my book.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
I don't hhave much problem with this (Having the second highest amount of glory may be swaying) because I am not sure if Derek would be that focused on glory at the moment

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Still waiting on Alertness rolls and posts from Epicurious, EclecticTastes, Mors Rattus, and Lager. I don't mind advancing the action and assuming the rest of you go into the woods, but I do want to make sure we're all here for what comes next.

I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying combat figures heavily in the next scene... also, I'm only mildly spoiling things by mentioning your knights are about to help Merlin with something very important.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Well this is Merlin we are talking about. If he were to make us get him a pie that pie would probably end up being one of the treasures of England or something (or his lunch 50/50 chance)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Will get a post up tonight, sorry.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

This actually reminds me, while it'll be a bit before it comes up, I'm getting married on the 19th. So my posting may be sporadic, if it happens at all, before and after that time.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Congratulations DCB I wish you and your partner nothing but years of joy and good fortune

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Congrats, DCB! May you and your bride roll crits on the dance floor!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Congrats, DCB! May you and your bride roll crits on the dance floor!

Given my Dance of 1, I'll need to. :D

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Big time congratulations, DCB! That's really awesome news and I hope you have a total blast.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Quick question, ibntumart - are we still Inspired from our earlier giant-killing scene, or has enough time passed that we should try rolling Passions again if we wish to be Inspired for the current combat? And if so, could I try rolling Love (Family) - as the sole representative of his devoutly Pagan clan present, Rhun knows that how he performs will reflect not just on himself but his family and his faith - or Loyalty (Lord) - Merlin did say 'for your King and your lives'? Or Honor, for that matter, since the knights did pledge to protect Merlin.

Really all three values are the same for Rhun, so if I can get away with rolling any one of them I'll be happy. :D

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Good question! You are not still inspired... but all of you are free to roll Passions again.

I'll allow Love (Family) based on your justification. Honor and Loyalty (Lord) work, too.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Just a reminder that none of you have spent your Coins yet.

edit: Also, since you guys will be increasingly more involved in the politicking of Salisbury and the larger kingdom of Logres, here's some info on Uther's endgame.

To Be High King posted:

Uther wants to be High King, but he cannot simply ignore or exploit the other rulers of the lands about him, for he has a greater objective to shape his decisions. King Uther is currently the legitimate king of Logres, the largest and single most powerful kingdom in Britain. Yet this is not enough for the ambitious Pendragon. His brother, Aurelius Ambrosius, and many other famous rulers before him were also High Kings of Britain. Being High King would give him certain powers over the kings of the other kingdoms. With all the kings mustered together, he could drive the Saxons out forever.

Two ways exist to become the High King. Firstly, Uther can make war and conquer everyone, whereupon all will have sworn fealty to him. Second, he can use politics instead of force; he could be elected to be the High King by an organization called the Supreme Collegium. The greatest Briton High Kings were all elected: Constantine the Great, Maxen Wledig, Aurelius Ambrosius, and even evil Vortigern. Election legitimizes political powers and establishes authority. Uther wants to be elected.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 6, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So, given the current round, is there any reason for me not to declare that I'm fighting berserk this round?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

So, given the current round, is there any reason for me not to declare that I'm fighting berserk this round?

Not really! Only potential downside is that the baddie gets killed before you have a chance to hit it, but honestly, who cares? :D

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Lets hope 50 damage is enough to kill the puppy or Derek will become the campaign sacrificial lamb :ohdear:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Not really! Only potential downside is that the baddie gets killed before you have a chance to hit it, but honestly, who cares? :D

I for one would like to see Four-Arms go down and Grigor go berserk Office Space style on the corpse.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ibntumart posted:

I for one would like to see Four-Arms go down and Grigor go berserk Office Space style on the corpse.

Oh man, my brain sequed from that scene to the one where Peter walks into the office and grabs the power drill and now I have this wonderful mental image of the party slow-motion walking into Court and rearranging the tapestries to better suit themselves while "drat It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" plays and it is wonderful

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Oh man, my brain sequed from that scene to the one where Peter walks into the office and grabs the power drill and now I have this wonderful mental image of the party slow-motion walking into Court and rearranging the tapestries to better suit themselves while "drat It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" plays and it is wonderful

You've been reading Briant's journal, haven't you? Seriously, all he needs is one little piece of blackmail material and he's riding the gravy train to abuse of power station. Also you guys get to come along because Briant likes people he knows aren't his enemies (translated, it means I don't like being a selfish player).

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I really can't wait to see what sort of knight Briant will turn out to be by the time the Anarchy Period comes around. He'll finally have the chance to run hogwild in a mad dash for land and wealth... but will he still want to?

And now, apropos of nothing, a brief discussion about game mechanics!

By now, you all know the benefit of rolling for inspiration. +10 to a given skill for a specific task, or +20 if a critical, is a very useful thing. But there's a downside: if you are inspired, but don't manage to succeed at that task, you may suffer shock. That means a free roll on the Aging Table for your knight.

This hasn't happened yet, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also, failing an inspiration roll can mean losing a point in the relevant passion, but that's at the GM's discretion. I will inflict melancholy without mercy, though, because the thought of teenage angst knights amuses me.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Well, my plans for Briant's descendants are probably best compared to the classic animated film, American Pop. Except with one probably one fewer generation, since we don't have all that much time (although getting to play through a little bit of the post-Arthur landscape might be cool, end on a hopeful/depressing note, depending on how we do during that part).

Speaking of the turbulent times to come, game designer John Wick actually introduced some difficulty in whether or not to side with Cornwall during the rebellion (he runs Pendragon a lot, it's like his favorite RPG), by making the Duke of Cornwall such a great guy that his players felt bad turning their backs on him.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

Speaking of the turbulent times to come, game designer John Wick actually introduced some difficulty in whether or not to side with Cornwall during the rebellion (he runs Pendragon a lot, it's like his favorite RPG), by making the Duke of Cornwall such a great guy that his players felt bad turning their backs on him.

One game I played in I had to leave the game for college; we were right around the aforementioned turbulence. My character, loyalties divided between fealty and family and marriage, ended up turning on the other PCs and costing them a battle. He did it because he thought it was best for Britain, and it was determined that by the time Arthur came along, he would be a Duke (I forget of where; Somerset?), but that instead of being one of the Reluctant Vassals, as was canonically the case, he would swear fealty immediately and be an Eager Vassal.

There's all kinds of awesome stuff you can do with Pendragon if you're willing to break your way out of the game's usual 'everything turns out the way it does in Mallory' schtick.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

By the way, since the subject of Briant's family came up, I figured I'd write up a bit more about them than is on the character sheet.

Uncle Guy: Guy was more or less exactly like Floridas when he was younger, the pride of Salisbury and Mr. Popular to boot. These days, he remains as swell a guy as he always was, but he's very busy, as he's attained quite a bit of status and responsibility. It's even said he declined promotion to Duke some years back, preferring to stay in Salisbury. He tries to go to his family's knightings, but couldn't make it to Briant's. "Luckily", he's free to attend Gracian and Alein's knighting next year. Briant somewhat resents him for being the father of Floridas, and also being everything Briant wishes his father had been, but more readily accepts help on the rare occasion that Guy is idle enough to offer it.

Uncle Eliot: While he's not spectacular as a knight, in any capacity, he does his best and manages not to die. He hated his father, Briant's grandfather, when he was younger, but has since come to terms with his dad being a loser. He saw much of his younger self in Briant, and has always doted on him as a result. He'd hoped to help Briant let go of his resentment, but it has clearly failed to take. Briant likes him well enough, but his "help" is more often "meddling".

Uncle Adtherp: The son of grandpa's housemaid, Adtherp is probably one of Salisbury's more skillful knights, but he rarely receives due credit, because he has very little force of personality. More gregarious knights end up receiving most of the glory that's rightfully his. Briant pities him and his lack of backbone. Adtherp is likely to do anything a fellow knight asks of him, but not even Briant is enough of a jerk to take advantage of the poor guy.

Gracian and Alein: Briant's half-brothers, by his father's second wife. They admire Briant and do their best to impress him, but he can't stand being around them. For starters, they don't have a lick of good sense between them, but the real reason he dislikes them is that he hates their mother. His father failed to marry any of the more influential widows in 464, and these two are a reminder of that. They're scheduled to be knighted next winter, they'd have been knighted this year if they hadn't been caught fighting over the affections of some commoner girl recently. All of the family knights plan to be in attendance, and since Briant lacks a decent excuse, he'll likely be there, too.

FLORIDAS :argh:: Mr. Perfect himself, Floridas is what every knight wishes he could be. He's got both the Chivalry AND British Christian trait bonuses active on top of an extremely well-balanced set of personal skills and attributes. Briant hates him with every fiber of his being, but Floridas is completely oblivious to it. As long as it doesn't interfere with his own duties, he'll help any fellow knight who asks, but Briant has to pass a Passion roll just to ask. Floridas loves all of his relatives dearly, however, and is quick to include himself in any situation he sees a cousin or sibling involved in. However, he does have two weaknesses. As a compulsive people-pleaser, if it ever gets through his head that even a single person dislikes him (note that he will never, ever realize that Briant hates him), he will go to extreme lengths in his efforts to make that person like him. His other weakness is that if someone else should arrive and prove to be even more perfect and lovable than he is, his self-esteem would rapidly collapse, requiring someone to help remind him that everybody still thinks he's awesome and that nobody could truly replace him.

Gauter: Floridas' little brother, knighted within a few months of us. Gauter's got solid skills, but his eagerness and hotheaded nature lead him into trouble constantly. Floridas or Guy bail him out whenever he gets in over his head. If someone is being yelled at, there's a fair chance it's Gauter. He'd have probably been stripped of his knighthood already, were it not for the influence of his father and brother. Briant considers him a walking hazard, and avoids him.

Melion: Briant's only living relative on his mother's side, he's the only cousin Briant likes. They both hate their fathers for being dumb dead idiots who didn't get any glory, and spend much of their time discussing how to improve upon their fathers' lackluster careers. Melion is a knight of minor renown, being a couple years older than Briant and having been a knight even longer (since Briant's squire period was a bit longer than most). He'll readily assist Briant or his allies, but his influence is minor at best, and he's as quick to take advantage of opportune situations as his cousin, but he doesn't always have as clear a view of the long-term, so he's come perilously close to burning bridges on several occasions.

Perin: Briant's illegitimate younger brother is the only person who hates Briant's father more than Briant does. The son of a housemaid, his father couldn't even muster up the courage to secretly pay for his upbringing (and risk discovery), so he lived in constant danger of starvation. The dead fool left a letter in his desk that would acknowledge Perin in the event of his death, making Perin's knighthood the one good thing to come out of Edward's pathetic demise. Despite being younger by two years, he was knighted the year before Briant, much to his consternation. However, the two remain on good terms, though Perin's ambition is not nearly so subtle as Briant's. Where Briant will stand back so as not to seem obvious in his grasping, Perin will push forward, exposing his true motives at inopportune times, and making himself his own worst enemy. However, this also makes Perin more predictable, and one need not wonder if Perin is behind something, for if he is, he'll reveal himself in due time, whether he means to or not.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Sorry the Glory leaderboard's not up yet. Once I get back from training tomorrow, I'll do my darnedest.

I've never seen American Pop, though I do remember seeing a trailer a long time ago. I want to say it was a preview on some Ralph Bakshi movie some friends and I rented in college (Wizards?). I should see if it's on Netflix.

You guys are going to be able to do pretty much whatever your various consciences dictates once the Anarchy period rolls around. Actually, you can still do whatever you guys want now... it's just that the Earl, your families, and all the other knights might express their thoughts forcefully on the subject.

As for impending knighthood, I of course expect Briant to secretly grease his half-brothers' saddles before they make the Leap.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Briant sees the advantage in both their success and failure. He can imply his own flub inspired them should they succeed, and get cred for being both humble and a role model of sorts. If they fall on their asses, he gets the fun of watching. By the way, Floridas did not succeed when he made the leap. The horses present started fighting over who'd get the privilege of having Floridas land on them, and his own horse was knocked out of place in the middle of his jump. He stuck the landing, though, landed square on his feet, right where his horse's saddle would have been.

(And yeah, American Pop is indeed Ralph Bakshi. As with most of Bakshi's stuff, it's not especially suitable for children, though in this case it's mostly because much of the nuance would go over a kid's head. It's pretty good inspiration for familial legacy games, lot of good ideas in there.)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Glory time!

pre:
Bledri  Briant  Derek  Grigor  Pellogres  Rhun
141	145	144	140	142	  140
Giant-slaying:
  • Bledri: 16 points
  • Briant: 20 points
  • Derek: 19 points
  • Grigor: 15 points
  • Pellogres: 17 points
  • Rhun: 15 points

Nukalavee:
  • Briant: 25 points
  • Grigor: 25 points
  • Pellogres: 25 points
  • Rhun: 25 points
Canine Of Unusual Size:
  • Bledri: 25 points
  • Derek: 25 points
Successfully Assisting Merlin:
  • Bledri: 50 points
  • Briant: 50 points
  • Derek: 50 points
  • Grigor: 50 points
  • Pellogres: 50 points
  • Rhun: 50 points
Being the First Pendragon PBP On SA To Make It All the Way Through the Sword Lake Scenario:
  • Bledri: 50 points
  • Briant: 50 points
  • Derek: 50 points
  • Grigor: 50 points
  • Pellogres: 50 points
  • Rhun: 50 points
Luxurious Lifestyle: This depends on whether you spent your ransom money this year to keep yourself in a higher standard of living. You get 1 Glory for every £1 spent after the first £6. You also should narrate the flash clothing and blinged-out accouterments you're sporting at winter court. It doesn't count unless people know you're rolling in the dough.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 14, 2014

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Winter Phase 486

You know the drill. We are going to actually run the Christmas Court this year since some important stuff happens involving your knights, but the actual rolls and spending of points is the same regardless.

1. Solo Scenario - None. But unlike most winters, your knights will have things to do beyond making rolls on tables.

2. Roll for Experience: Roll 1d20 for everything that you received an experience check for. If you roll above the current value, you gain a point.

3. Check for Aging: You're all young knights now, so just note that you and your squire are both one year older.

4. Check Economic Circumstances: How did you spend your sweet ransom cash money? Did you live opulently and gain Glory? Did you stick it in a chest and Scrooge it up? Basically tell me whether your standard of maintenance for the year was Ordinary (spent nothing more than the Earl and your manor provided, roughly £6 which you do not deduct from your hoard/ransom), Rich (£8 to £14, which means spending £2 to £8 from your ransom payouts), or Superlative (£15+, so at least £9 worth of your own money). How much you spend affects how you and your household dresses, how many squires you have (2 at Rich, 3 at Superlative), how fancy your clothes and equipment are, and how well you and your squires are accustomed to eating and drinking.

5. Stable Rolls: You don't need to roll this.

6. Childbirth and Family Events: Roll two separate 1d20s.

7. Training and Practice: You have three choices of what to do here:
  • Gain 1d6+1 points to spend on any combination of knightly skills, so long as none of them will be raised above 15 in so doing;
  • Gain 1 point in any skill, up to a max of 20); or
  • Improve an Attribute, Trait, or Passion by 1 point, though no trait can be improved beyond 19 or passion over 20, and you can't increase SIZ.

8. Compute Glory: Already done in the OOC thread.

9. Glory Bonuses: You didn't gain 1,000 Glory more than last year, so this step is not applicable.

N.B.: Don't forget you get a bonus skill point as a reward for us making it through the Adventure of the Sword Lake scenario!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Rhun, Winter Phase, 486

Experience Checks:

Honor 16
Love (Family) 16
Sword 16 (was made a crit by coin, so I'm not sure if I get the experience check that way, but I'll roll it just in case)

Rolls: Winter Phase Experience Checks: 3#1d20 16 13 18

So, Honor increases to 17, and Sword (if I get the check!) increases to 17. Nice!

Also because it never hurts to beg for experience checks and see if the GM is feeling merciful, I'd like to see if I can convince you, ibntumart, to grant experience checks to the following stats: Honest (arguing against fibbing to the Earl), Pious (we just did an errand for Merlin), Faerie Lore ('hey, does anyone know what that monster was?'), Folklore (ditto), Religion (Pagan) (again - Merlin, plus the religious observations Rhun is holding). ...also, did I get checks for some of those already, thanks to Rhun spending coin on holding Pagan festivities? I can't seem to find it but I seem to recall you saying I did. I may just be hallucinating.

Aging: no worries here.

Economic Circumstances: The Glory would be nice, but upon reflection I'm going to have Rhun spend the Winter upkeeping himself as an Ordinary Knight - no bonus Glory. He will, however, drop an additional Librum on Pagan Celebrations, as he did last Winter. Whether that qualifies me for additional Glory or not, it's still an expenditure I want to make, because it's in keeping with the character. :D

Stable Rolls: no worries here.

Childbirth/Family Events: Rhun has no wife and hasn't had a 'notable' fling (though, well, Pagan Celebrations being what they are, if ibntumart isn't rolling Childbirth 'behind the scenes' I'd be a little disappointed), so no worries there. For family events we roll...

Winter Phase Family Events: 2#1d20 13 20

Rhun's cousin is missing!

Compute Glory: Previous total was 1792. This year he gets 15+25+50+50, or 140 Glory, for a new total of 1932 Glory. Just 68 points away from a new Glory Bonus Point!

:siren:EDIT: OH WAIT! I forgot Rhun's Annual Awards for his holdings, Pasisons, and Traits, which add up to 118 points (even though I was an idiot and had the math wrong on my sheet and almost gypped myself out of 30 Glory points like a dummy) for the season. 1932+118=2050 Glory, which does put me over the threshold for a Glory Bonus Point! Let's pop that bad boy into CON.

Training and Bonuses: I'll take the skill raises, and I get... Winter Phase Skill Increases: 1d6+1 2 Oof! Only two points to invest. Let's put them both into Battle; Rhun knows there will be more battles to wage against the Saxons before long. For his Extra Bonus Skill Point, I'll slap that sucker into Sword.

New Annual Glory Bonuses are 137/year; that new Passion netting another 18 points of Glory a year is pretty sweet.

Updated character sheet to follow.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 14, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Sir Rhun the Industrious
Glory: 2150

Son Number: 1
Homeland: Salisbury
Culture: Cymric
Religion: Pagan
Lord: Earl of Salisbury
Current Class: Vassal Knight
Current Home: Broughton Manor

Personality Traits
Chaste 7 / Lustful 13
*Energetic 16 / Lazy 4
Forgiving 10 / Vengeful 10
*Generous 16 / Selfish 4
Honest 13 / Deceitful 7
*Just 10 / Arbitrary 10
*Merciful 10 / Cruel 10
*Modest 7 / Proud 13
Pious 10 / Worldly 10
Prudent 10 / Reckless 10
Temperate 10 / Indulgent 10
Trusting 10 / Suspicious 10
*Valorous 16 / Cowardly 4

Directed Trait:
Chivalrous Bonus: (75/80) NO
Religious Bonus: NO

Passions
Loyalty (Lord): 16
Love (Family): 16
Hospitality: 16
Honor: 17
Loyalty (Group): 18

Statistics
SIZ 14 (Knockdown)
DEX 11
STR 13
CON 13 (Major Wound)
APP 16

Damage [(STR+SIZ)/6]: 5d6
Healing Rate [(STR+CON)/10]: 3
Movement Rate [(STR+DEX)/10]: 2
Total Hit Points (SIZ+CON): 27
Unconscious (HP/4): 7

Distinctive Features: Bright Red Hair, High Cheekbones

Skills
Awareness 11
Boating 1
Compose 1
Courtesy 4
Dancing 10
Faerie Lore 2
Falconry 3
First Aid 10
Flirting 10
Folklore 2
Gaming 3
Heraldry 3
Hunting 2
Intrigue 3
Orate 7
Play [harp] 3
Read [Latin] 0
Recognize 3
Religion [Pagan] 10
Romance 2
Singing 2
Stewardship 2
Swimming 2
Tourney 2

Battle 12
Horsemanship 15
Sword 18
Lance 15
Spear 6
Dagger 5

Horses
Warhorse Type: Charger
Damage: 6d6
Move: 8
Armor: 5
HP: 46
SIZ: 37
CON: 12
STR: 30
DEX: 17
Breed:

Riding Horse Type: Rouncy Move: 6
Squire's Horse Type: Rouncy Move: 6
Horse #4 Type: Sumpter Move: 5
Horse #5 Type: Rouncy Move: 6

Equipment
Armor Type (10 Points): Norman mail, with Shield (6 points)
Clothing (1 Libra Value): Fine clothing
Weaponry: Sword, 2 spears, dagger
Personal Gear (on Horse #4):
Travel Gear (On Horse #4):
War Gear (On Horse #2):
Spare Cash: 5 Libra

Family Characteristic: Keen Senses (+5 Awareness)

Annual Glory Awards
Traits: 48 (Energetic, Valorous, Generous)
Chivalry: 0
Holdings: 6
Passions: 83 (Love (Family), Hospitality, Honor, Loyalty (Lord), Loyalty (Group))
Religion: 0
TOTAL: 137

Holdings
Manor of Broughton (improvements: Pagan Chapel-equivalent)

Army
Family Knights: 0 Old Knights, 0 Middle-Aged Knights, 5 Young Knights
Vassals: N/A
Other Lineage Men: 18
Levy: 52

NOTABLE EVENTS:

485: Knighted by Earl Roderick of Salisbury. Skirmish at Allington, where Rhun met the Pagan Knight Sir Pryderi. Battle of Mearcred Creek, under the command of Prince Madoc, where a Saxon detachments, including berserkers, was repulsed. Instituted lavish Pagan celebrations.
486: Went on the Adventure of the Sword Lake, where the knights killed the giant Three-Eyed Tom at the behest of the aged goatsherd Madoc, who turned out to be Merlin in disguise; then they defended him against a nucklavee and its ferocious canine companion before witnessing the marvel of a hand from beneath the lake producing a sword, which Merlin spirited away. Continued holding lavish Pagan celebrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 30, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Do I get an experience check for the critical Coin spend on Singing? It's Coin-created and Winter phase...and it's at 20 already so it's not like it can get higher anyway, I suppose, so it doesn't really matter, I guess?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Do I get an experience check for the critical Coin spend on Singing? It's Coin-created and Winter phase...and it's at 20 already so it's not like it can get higher anyway, I suppose, so it doesn't really matter, I guess?

IIRC, it can in fact get higher; even a stat that's at 20 or higher still increases if you roll a 20 for it during the Winter Phase Experience Check.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Coin crits do indeed still give experience checks and skills can go over 20.

DCB, I'm not sure about Folklore, but the rest of your suggested checks are a yes. Holding those lavish celebrations would give you a check even without the Merlin encounter.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 15, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Whoo! In that case, let's add experience checks for:

Honest 13
Pious 10
Faerie Lore 1
Religion (Pagan) 10

Winter Phase Experience Checks: 4#1d20 10 2 4 1

Bah! Ah well, at least Faerie Lore goes up, though it would have been impossible for it not to. Editing the character sheet now.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I think I get an experience check for Sword (Critting with the coin on the dog) and the loyalty passion, for passing it, right?)? Also, what's our passion level for Loyalty to the Order of the Dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Yes and yes. Also, I think everyone should get a Faerie Lore check since they all heard Merlin's answer.

Everyone gets Loyalty (Knights of the Hound[?]) at 18.

• Locked thread