Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Guys I think I want a Freschetta pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
I know right??

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

And Wayne LaPierre just came.

haha holy poo poo :thurman:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, did they seriously write that reading the diary could help and then start with a date from 2002 before jumping to a 2010 date like 5-6 pages later?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Wait, did they seriously write that reading the diary could help and then start with a date from 2002 before jumping to a 2010 date like 5-6 pages later?

The alternative was writing 10 minutes of diary reading, and there are some things even this show won't do

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Ahhh!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly wish they had Killed off Tara's mom a few seasons ago.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hahahahah

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Oh god this is beautiful.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
At least this is the crazy True Blood instead of the dull one

Edit: And reasonable Alcide is back. This is an improvement

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
hahahaah betty wtf

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
That's not gone well.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Eric needs to come back just to kick that chump out of his sweet chair.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
A vampire can't enter your home without being invited, but could they destroy your house and then eat you?

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
No!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no, does Eric have Hep V?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
nooooo

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That opening scene... I LOVE YOU TRUE BLOOD.

And then the big reveal at the end... :allears:

bryn987
May 31, 2014
much better episode than the last one

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
poo poo I didn't know this was boardwalk empires last season :smith:

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
That was good, much better than the last one.

And also Sookie, wtf, why didn't you listen to Alcide? Uh yes you could very well pack up and move away from Bon Temps where everyone hates you and your best friend just died. Seriously. It is that easy.

Characters like Eric & Arlene really do carry the show on their backs, honestly. Carrie Preston is the unsung hero of the whole show. She steals pretty much every scene she's in.

e: OH and also I think it's so funny how the witches from S4 were absolutely 100% right about the vampires and how they'd end up destroying humanity forever. Speaking of... why doesn't Holly just, I don't know, cast some kind of spell to keep the vamps away like she did back in S4?

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 30, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Captain Mog posted:

And also Sookie, wtf, why didn't you listen to Alcide? Uh yes you could very well pack up and move away from Bon Temps where everyone hates you and your best friend just died. Seriously. It is that easy.

Welcome to the south, where the rare people with the means to leave still won't. :banjo:

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Haven't seen tonight's episode yet. All I have to say is there is no way Tara isn't coming back. There is no loving way that off screen death is the last we hear from her.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Eric no :(

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Oh god no, Eric :( You got the HepV!

With Jessica not healing I hope it's just because she hasn't fed in a while. She'd better not have the Hep too! :(

Still, a decent episode. I guess the vampires can destroy your house or set it alight.

Betty must've been turned during THE AUTHORITY'S power trip.

EDIT - How could I not mention the Eric/Jason scene. All it needed was Alcide.

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 30, 2014

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Haha best opening scene. When did Jason drink a bunch of Eric though?

When the diary started talking about Fangtasia I thought that would be the clue that would help them out, but nope! More SookiexBill One True Love fun!

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Can someone explain what that was all about? Why did she leave with Bill?

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Tonight's episode felt more like a "real" episode of the show.

Thanks for the Jason & Eric scene, Show. :shlick:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Andrew_1985 posted:

With Jessica not healing I hope it's just because she hasn't fed in a while. She'd better not have the Hep too! :(

I'm guessing it's the lack of feeding. It seemed like they were keeping the bite mark around so she'd have something to hide from Andy.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

TMMadman posted:

I honestly wish they had Killed off Tara's mom a few seasons ago.
Show would be 556.8% better.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Did they explain why the lady's blood made the vampire explode?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

whalesteak posted:

'Comically' bad timing w the HepV I thought?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

whalesteak posted:

Gingers have no soul, obviously.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

That was a drat good episode that did way more to establish the plot than the previous one. They really should've just done the entire season opener as a star wars type text scroll and jumped straight into this.

I'm fundamentally opposed to spin-offs but I'd be all over a Bellefleur & Stackhouse: Supernatural Crime Hunters show after this one is done.

e:
- Sometimes not being clever makes you a better detective :smug:
- This is a Starbucks card.

Krowley fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 30, 2014

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Pizza forensics moments are what they need to be jamming into every episode instead of this super serious Arlene trapped in a basement bullshit.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Mister Kingdom posted:

A vampire can't enter your home without being invited, but could they destroy your house and then eat you?

I would imagine they could. Start the house on fire and wait until you run out, something like that.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Maximusi posted:

Can someone explain what that was all about? Why did she leave with Bill?

I bet you any money she's going to try to get herself captured so she can find out where the Hep V vamps are hiding everyone. She asked if Bill could "feel her fear", meaning sense where she is and therefore where the captives are.

It's a plan dumb enough only SOOOKEH could come up with it.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm guessing they are trying to avoid feeding off randoms in general because hepv is randomly distributed in the population at this point and based on Eric being reluctant to feed at all and Pam's lack of appetite the more you drink the more the process accelerates which is why the school teacher died in arlene's crotch. So I guess the infection should be like a wildfire and burn itself out in a few months. The new occupants of fangtasia are on their last legs. If the hepv stays at random in the human population that's the end of Russell style bloodbathes because vampires finally have a real motivation to not be gigantic murderers whenever they feel like it and they will need the humans to cooperate with them freely to get some clean reliable blood.

That's all conjecture but since its the final season I don't think its a terrible ending. Unless Eric dies.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

seaborgium posted:

I would imagine they could. Start the house on fire and wait until you run out, something like that.
Doesn't explain why the girl from Saint Alice's house wasn't even close to burned. She just give up or something? If they didn't she could've holed up in her house at night.

I find it hilarious the roaming Hep-V vamps hit Bon Temps and were all "poo poo they have vamperrs too?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pretty much everyone knows about vampire weaknesses now, right? Even in season one it wasn't exactly a big secret that silver hurt them, even if it wasn't common knowledge. Now there have been people selling anti-vampire weapons and stuff, so basically everyone knows all this poo poo, right? So why aren't there way more UV lights available? Don't want vampires setting fire to your house, set up some UV floodlights pointed outward. Barbed wire fences with silver barbs.

Also, Andy's daughter and Sookie can get into fairyland, right? And there are no fairies there any more. You could shelter a bunch of people there overnight. It's always sunny, but that fairy nightclub was in fairyland and also dark, so let people sleep there.

Or, since a shitload of people must have died by now, move everyone into a central location with UV lights and silver barbed wire and guards posted at night. It's not like you need to defend the whole town, a lot of it must already be abandoned anyway.

• Locked thread