Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Captain Melo posted:

Agreed. I never understood some of the hate 50FA gets for his stories. I love them.

Some people just don't get the concept of "war stories" (or at least I think that's what you people call sea stories). Yes, it's a blend of real experience, someone else's stories, and alterations to be more entertaining. You just loving enjoy it instead of whining about 100% accuracy like some dumb sperg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezreail
Mar 25, 2013
Had a fucktard go and leave his weapon in the porter shitter. 1st BCT SGM had it in hand by the end of the day. How wonderful was that day, wonderful.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Captain Melo posted:

Agreed. I never understood some of the hate 50FA gets for his stories. I love them.

People probably get annoyed that their real stories get upstaged by fake stories.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cojawfee posted:

People probably get annoyed that their real stories get upstaged by fake stories.

If someone can tell a story like 50FA I don't give a drat if its only about 30% truth.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Here's a real army story for you: PDC Fuckface made a dick joke, we all laughed, and then someone pooped in an MRE box. The end.

I'd rather read 50 Ft Ant stories all day. Been reading that poo poo since 2006. Never not loved it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Painsaw posted:

I'd rather read 50 Ft Ant stories all day. Been reading that poo poo since 2006. Never not loved it.

Same. I've got the Humper-Monkey stories saved in a .txt file as well somewhere.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Humper Monkey

http://sa.mrbill.net/humpermonkey.html

http://sa.mrbill.net/humpermonkey2.html

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1854647&highlight= Blind Study Partner

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2201461&highlight= Family has its trash

Unicorn Gangstaa

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2345106&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Street Sweeper Tales

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2411937

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 1, 2014

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I've got a new one for yall.

Two weekends ago Usfk went dry for a weekend, GO1 as a stand down to think about all the assholes loving it up.

Apparently since you couldn't buy booze anywhere, and three days was too long to go sober for a comm troop (CST helpdesker), a group of geniuses decided to go robotrippin. Bought 4 bottles of robotussin and Gatorade, proceeded to party.

Well apparently they made it known, so Monday morning word gets back to leadership and everyone rolls over except the one legitimate alcoholic who instigated it. He keeps denying his problem despite many "If you volunteer to go to ADAPT it won't be as bad" warnings. He somehow thought no one has any proof.

So guess what, commanders can apparently pull your purchasing history from DECCA.

He's slated for happy fun Correctional Custody ADAPT at Yongsan now. With typical USFK kneejerking I'm waiting for robotussin to be off limits.

Fly High.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

nullscan posted:

Two weekends ago Usfk went dry for a weekend, GO1 as a stand down to think about all the assholes loving it up.

Apparently since you couldn't buy booze anywhere, and three days was too long to go sober for a comm troop (CST helpdesker), a group of geniuses decided to go robotrippin. Bought 4 bottles of robotussin and Gatorade, proceeded to party.

Well apparently they made it known, so Monday morning word gets back to leadership and everyone rolls over except the one legitimate alcoholic who instigated it. He keeps denying his problem despite many "If you volunteer to go to ADAPT it won't be as bad" warnings. He somehow thought no one has any proof.

So guess what, commanders can apparently pull your purchasing history from DECCA.

He's slated for happy fun Correctional Custody ADAPT at Yongsan now. With typical USFK kneejerking I'm waiting for robotussin to be off limits.

Fly High.

Was this our squadron because seriously gently caress us.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

50 Foot Ant posted:

because they hide in the broom closet and cry (seriously, I've seen that more than once)

Its a god drat shame you served back when they were still using the telegraph because I would pay decent money to have even shaky cell phone video of that posted on youtube.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

I feel like all of 50FA stories are well told bullshit but there's a tiny part of me that knows it's still pretty feasible knowing how goddamn retarded the military is and the complete loving lunacy that was the cold war military

Plus dude's a pretty great story teller

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I pretty much believe everything he says.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't get why people are convinced that they must be fake. This thread alone proves that either the entire armed forces of the world is full of major bullshitters, or the military is home to the dumbest idiots on the planet and they often manage to get away with it. The Stinky Samurai isn't really any more fantastic than most of the stuff that passes scrutiny with nary a glance, nor is the "I dropped my weapon to avoid dying and they tried to punish me for it".

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't get why people are convinced that they must be fake. This thread alone proves that either the entire armed forces of the world is full of major bullshitters, or the military is home to the dumbest idiots on the planet and they often manage to get away with it. The Stinky Samurai isn't really any more fantastic than most of the stuff that passes scrutiny with nary a glance, nor is the "I dropped my weapon to avoid dying and they tried to punish me for it".

-a SOF marine

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

I almost got an article 15 for losing a non-classified software install cd, so go gently caress yourself

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

chitoryu12 posted:

I almost went to mast (did go to XOI) and would have lost rank & had restricted duty for telling a chief to gently caress off under my breath, he didn't even hear it but some hard charging first class did and wrote me up. So ya punishment can and does happen for some of the dumbest poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fart Cannon posted:

I almost got an article 15 for losing a non-classified software install cd, so go gently caress yourself

I'm not sure if you noticed, but you're actually agreeing with my point: nothing that 50FA has said is any different from what regularly gets posted in here that nobody questions. He's a good writer and puts more detail into stuff, but "I almost got punished for cussing under my breath" isn't a whole lot different from "I almost got punished for ditching my rifle while drowning" or "My buddy DID get punished for losing his NVGs after getting hit by a bomb", which was posted early in this thread. Or the guy who managed to get promoted to E-7 after proving to his buddy that he shouldn't wear his knife on his chest by stabbing him with it, which literally zero people accused of being fake.

I just don't get why he gets accused of making up poo poo when the only thing different from other stories is better writing and longer posts.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Because reading is gay.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 31, 2017

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I want to have a beer with you 50FA. And I don't even drink.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember as a kid my dad would volunteer to do CQ atleast every other Friday night as a 1st Sgt because no one would dare gently caress around the nights he was in the barracks, much less even come down to the desk for any reason. Plus it got him out of the house when my mom first started going crazy religious. He'd bring me and my brother and we'd play Mech Warrior 2 and TIE Fighter all night on the computers they has set up.

Honestly those are some of my favorite childhood memories now that I think about it

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Lol @ plebs getting yelled at for yelling at ncos and officers

Medic life, smoke weed and nobles everyday

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My favorite medic told me not to ask him why he knows that spinal fluid tastes like bananas. He also had a funny way of telling people how he lost a finger.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

nullscan posted:

Only USAF went dry by order of the 7th AF CDR. This wasn't USFK-wide.

And you will not find a single Korean market that isn't going to sell you beer or booze regardless of GO 1 being in effect. So, yea, this was just a group of idiots being idiots.

Also, commanders can't pull *what* you bought from the commissary, because the system doesn't track that. It tracks *how much* you spent at the commissary and how much you purchased against your alcohol rations. The system is PIMS-K and anybody with a CAC can log in and use it.

https://pimsk.korea.army.mil/

buttplug fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

My favorite medic told me not to ask him why he knows that spinal fluid tastes like bananas.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Ask him about the psychological damage you can do with a glove full of Surgilube during an over 40 physical.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Booblord Zagats posted:

I remember as a kid my dad would volunteer to do CQ atleast every other Friday night as a 1st Sgt because no one would dare gently caress around the nights he was in the barracks, much less even come down to the desk for any reason. Plus it got him out of the house when my mom first started going crazy religious. He'd bring me and my brother and we'd play Mech Warrior 2 and TIE Fighter all night on the computers they has set up.

Honestly those are some of my favorite childhood memories now that I think about it

My mom did this poo poo in the navy in Kingsville NAS and it was pretty dope. The pilots hooked me up with cool poo poo.

Even got to play around in one of the A-6 IFR simulators (I think). Probably wasn't even on but it was pretty awesome. :yayclod:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My mom worked at billiting when I was a child. Child care was expensive so sometimes shed take me to the base to play arcade games or make sand castles at the volly ball pit. Hanging out with old philipino women who stole beer out of the officers fridges was p cool.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wasabi the J posted:

My mom did this poo poo in the navy in Kingsville NAS and it was pretty dope. The pilots hooked me up with cool poo poo.

Even got to play around in one of the A-6 IFR simulators (I think). Probably wasn't even on but it was pretty awesome. :yayclod:

It wasn't on a base, but Otronicon used to have some military simulators on display during their yearly event that guests could use. The AH-64 gunner's position isn't too difficult to get a handle on when it comes to "Shoot this target". Everything else, that's a different story.

Unfortunately, the ghost of Otronicon past is long gone. Now the simulators are mostly commercial flight sims hooked up to unfinished sim cockpits (rarely anything beyond the stick, throttle, and rudder pedals) and a bunch of laptops running a session of VBS 2. Even the virtual shooting range steadily disappeared, going from 8 lanes with M4s and M9s all competing for accuracy (with unauthorized playing around on the simulated battles late at night) to one M4 with 10 rounds to fire to nothing.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

buttplug posted:

Only USAF went dry by order of the 7th AF CDR. This wasn't USFK-wide.

And you will not find a single Korean market that isn't going to sell you beer or booze regardless of GO 1 being in effect. So, yea, this was just a group of idiots being idiots.

Also, commanders can't pull *what* you bought from the commissary, because the system doesn't track that. It tracks *how much* you spent at the commissary and how much you purchased against your alcohol rations. The system is PIMS-K and anybody with a CAC can log in and use it.

https://pimsk.korea.army.mil/

True, but they wound up getting the cops involved. So that's maybe how they pulled the records. My bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
A tale of three morons and a 19 year old stripper. It starts with moron #1 who has a favorite stripper. He takes moron #2 to the strip club who meets the stripper and starts dating her. Moron #2 brings the stripper to the holiday party where Moron #3 has brought his 19 year old, drunk ex-girlfriend. Moron #3's underage, drunk ex-girlfriend gets kicked out by the management of the place where the party was held. Morons 2 and 3 live with each other. Stripper starts dating moron 3 while still getting boned by moron 2 on the side. Moron 3 recently married the stripper and currently has orders to Korea.

Waiting to see how long this lasts.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Cojawfee posted:

A tale of three morons and a 19 year old stripper. It starts with moron #1 who has a favorite stripper. He takes moron #2 to the strip club who meets the stripper and starts dating her. Moron #2 brings the stripper to the holiday party where Moron #3 has brought his 19 year old, drunk ex-girlfriend. Moron #3's underage, drunk ex-girlfriend gets kicked out by the management of the place where the party was held. Morons 2 and 3 live with each other. Stripper starts dating moron 3 while still getting boned by moron 2 on the side. Moron 3 recently married the stripper and currently has orders to Korea.

Enlisted. Enlisted never change.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can't wait to see#1 and #2 go family style and get NJP'd for adultery

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Cojawfee posted:

With different names this story has been told a hundred thousand times. God bless ye, lower enlisted.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Replace stripper with juicy and the stories are innumerable.

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010
My supervisor in 2012 got herp from a juicy, then almost married her until he went on a surprise visit to her home in the Philippines and met her husband.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

United States FliegerKorps?

I don't get how a couple of 5-ton trucks falling off a pontoon bridge is an unbelievable story.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

I don't get how a couple of 5-ton trucks falling off a pontoon bridge is an unbelievable story.

US Forces Korea.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Arglebargle III posted:

Remember one of the first casualties in OIF was a tank driving off a bridge into a river and the other tanks not noticing until they got where they were going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wonder what 50 foot ant and humper monkey were like together as kids