Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I tried looking up something easy/good for dinner and every single post is circle jerks about getting 6000 year old yak meat from Tibetan monks or making a pizza with black truffles and gold flakes with recipes involving expensive industrial kitchen setups.

I don't think there is even a recipe thread, it's all jerks discussing how 100 free trade Guatemala coffee beans are inferior to this little indie setup coffee farm located in the middle of an oasis near Palestine or something and taking glamor shots of third world eccentric dishs.

Anyways GBS, what's good for dinner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
dinner is mcdonalds steak wrap, a real man's dinner

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
I just ate cold chef boyardee out of the can for lunch

get on my level

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I got the McCormick steak house burger seasoning and I cooked up some freshly ground burgers with it.

Added some bacon and muenster cheese on a garlic roll and it was pretty good.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
its the same as the YLLS fashion thread, what started as a good idea has spiraled out of control and now just needs to be shot in the back of the head.

Raineko
Mar 12, 2012

thunderchief posted:

I just ate cold chef boyardee out of the can for lunch

get on my level

puking irl

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?

Rhymenoserous posted:

its the same as the YLLS fashion thread, what started as a good idea has spiraled out of control and now just needs to be shot in the back of the head.

tbf it's still useful, just in a different way. It's like going to a zoo to look all the interesting creatures, but instead of creatures it's people trying really hard and ending up wearing poo poo that looks retarded

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

I got the McCormick steak house burger seasoning and I cooked up some freshly ground burgers with it.

Added some bacon and muenster cheese on a garlic roll and it was pretty good.

This sounds good.

dinner is mcdonalds steak wrap, a real man's dinner

This is a good back-up plan if I fail on above, thank you poster Avatarinwin.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm probably just going to cut up a bunch of vegetables, put oil + salt + other stuff on them, then roast until they taste really good.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

they had a thread about grilled cheese once and apparently the only acceptable way to make one is to use artisan bread from a local bakery, 4 types of imported cheeses, truffle oil and aged italian meats

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is point where it ceases to be a grilled cheese, not that all the other poo poo wasn't already stupid.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

if i use four different brands of presliced processed cheese does it qualify

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Wafflz posted:

This is point where it ceases to be a grilled cheese, not that all the other poo poo wasn't already stupid.

Then it would be a Croque monsieur. The superior brother of the grilled cheese sandwich.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Wafflz posted:

i know, and i can't really remember other details but 80% of their grilled cheeses had a lot of other stuff besides bread + oil/butter + cheese

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

NihilismNow posted:

Then it would be a Croque monsieur. The superior brother of the grilled cheese sandwich.

Mmmm... *cocks shotgun* sounds like talk commin' from a boy who owns a food processor here.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646907

Rule of thumb is if it's not in a can or a box, and you're not going to eat it in 3 days, don't buy it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rhymenoserous posted:

this is really every subforum though.

LF, lolbertarian mocking turned into a crazy uninronic maoism third world circlejerk with everyone trying one up each other on extreme leftish idealogy
GWS, cooking turned into one upping with the most inane crazy food offal eating poo poo
YLLS, teaching goons how to put down the fedora and wear proper tailored clothes spiralling into crazy land of bad fashion and cufflinks
TVIV, tv discussing turns into discussing how problematic it is that people don't love skylar down to every pore in her body
CD, same except sometimes SMG shows up with zizek

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Spending 45 minutes on preparation and premium ingredients for a grilled cheese sandwich is normal, and good. It certainly helps to pass the time when I'm home from work and my date with Cheryl from accounting falls through, haha.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
the normal ones get bored and leave, the crazy ones stay forever

apply this to everything on SA

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Went to a local BBQ place and got the best pulled pork sandwich of my life for $5.50. If you don't have autistic goon syndrome you can get some good food cheap.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
I tried the quesarito at taco bell the other day. it is okay, it tastes a lot like a normal burrito tho

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
You seriously don't make your own Peanut Butter? Jesus Christ. Me and my life partner Bruce have been making peanut butter with our own homegrown organic peanuts not mention pressing our own peanut oil for about 2 years now. Please don't post about your loving poverty Walmart peanut butter ever again.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
2 pkg shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg cream cheese
diced grilled chicken
1 cup hot sauce

mix
bake 350 for 20 mins

delicious buffalo chicken dip

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
buncha people who bad taste in food itt

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

We import our onions from Tunisia and store them in a special humidifying box that my life partner Bruce found on Amazon. Bruce absolutely refuses to eat any other kinds of onions now!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

You seriously don't make your own Peanut Butter? Jesus Christ. Me and my life partner Bruce have been making peanut butter with our own homegrown organic peanuts not mention pressing our own peanut oil for about 2 years now. Please don't post about your loving poverty Walmart peanut butter ever again.

you forgot to mention that you grind the peanuts with by rabbidly frotting eachother in a big pile of nuts which adds delicious body salt to the mix.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
how to cook a chicken breast:

throw that poo poo on the pan
flip occasionally
keep cooking until you can stab it with a fork and its not all squishy inside

how to season a chicken breast (latino style):
pour adobo all over that poo poo

if you need any more tips check out masaokis

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

their carbonara recipe is legitimately fantastic

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

turbomoose posted:

2 pkgs 15 year old aged extra sharp rural canadian (or vermont) cheddar aged in a wood box, shred with a special 99% copper-zinc #100 sieve.
1 cup home made cream obtained by milking the udders of a local grass fed cow from a co-op. the cheese is then mixed with a mesophilic culture and set in cheese cloth to make authetnic cream cheese
dice a local grass fed organic GMO free chicken that you killed yourself and braised for 12 hours in a cast iron dutch oven
1 cup home made hot sauce made with african bird pepper, cherry habanero and chipotle, with a local tomatoes purred base

mix
bake 200c for 19.2 minutes

delicious buffalo chicken dip

fixed that for you

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-
GWS is for us uppity chefs that don't like microwaveable food.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
look at my rap sheet, i dont post there anymore

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I tried a chili recipe once and all the ingredients cost $80 even though it did last for a few days of dinner. Never doing that poo poo again.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

OMFG FURRY posted:

buncha people who bad taste in food itt

i'm a little pressed for time tonight and can't spend an hour making a grilled cheese for dinner, so i'm thinking about going out. probably either chili's or olive garden. although some good mexican from casa gallardo sounds tasty too...

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

ArtIsResistance posted:

the normal ones get bored and leave, the crazy ones stay forever

apply this to everything on SA

the koos theory of entropy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

insaneway posted:

GWS is for us uppity chefs that don't like microwaveable food.

you don't have to be an uppity chef to not like microwaved food (which are mostly crappy goony foods like pizza rolls and poo poo). microwaves are really only good for boiling water or heating leftovers

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
i remember reading about how someone was appalled when an friend/in-law said he liked tater tot casserole. they made him something they described as 'like soup' and then sneered at him over a separate meal of lovingly described pine nut feta salad with baby greens etc. before going on the internet to make an OMG post about how he actually thanked them and ate it.

don't let your food hobby make you into a bastard, basically

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I tried a chili recipe once and all the ingredients cost $80 even though it did last for a few days of dinner. Never doing that poo poo again.

My mom used to do this with pies and poo poo. She couldn't cook so she would buy the premade crust and buy the cans of pie filling and poo poo and end up with a pie that cost $15. Just loving buy a pie.

Michael Arlowe
Feb 19, 2011

and your a little faggot that has no friends , you retarded mushroom
Sorry, man, GWS is the fashion section of YLLS only with food. Just microwave som e hot Pockets or something hth.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

PlantRobot posted:

i remember reading about how someone was appalled when an friend/in-law said he liked tater tot casserole. they made him something they described as 'like soup' and then sneered at him over a separate meal of lovingly described pine nut feta salad with baby greens etc. before going on the internet to make an OMG post about how he actually thanked them and ate it.

don't let your food hobby make you into a bastard, basically

i've never had tater tot casserole but it sounds like one of those things that's objectively delicious if you get past your "tasteless poor white people food" bias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
chickencheese lives

• Locked thread