Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Plan Z posted:

Also, nothing beats the pulse-pounding action of having the 1:00 timer show up while one of your teammates races the clock back to the van with an artifact on his back.

30 second ECM timer while your teammate runs the server from the office to the van during your guessing game cheevo run (and then misses the throw into the van with 3 seconds left)

...but still manages to pick it up, get it in, and escape anyway! Guessing Game is 2EZ kill me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Plan Z posted:

It's worth it just to do solo runs to get the layout, then get some teammates in. It can be super-satisfying to run out of there with 12+ bags and a suit of armor. Also, nothing beats the pulse-pounding action of having the 1:00 timer show up while one of your teammates races the clock back to the van with an artifact on his back.

I like shadow raid, but my friends hate me and always relegate me to bag bitch because I'm such a liability. I get spotted 9/10 times, usually while running bags, but also because I get bored waiting for the rest of my crew to loot bags and wander into the cargo yard looking for something they might have missed.

I'll take a plan B anyday :black101:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Why does the AK-family not get a wooden stock (apart from that dumb sniper stock)? I want a classic AKM with wood furniture, damnit. The AKs need some love in general. The courier DLC definitely helps, but the AK-74 is still just a worse version of the M4.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

An important note about the Car4: it's less drop reliant than most primaries, because it gets so much gage pack love. Notably the rails and the quadstack.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Just respec'd from mostly Ghost to mostly Enforcer and jesus christ the ICTV. I can't move, but I can't die either. :aaa: I think it was faster to clear a solo Bank Deposit by throwing all the money and gold out of the vault and letting the cops move it near the escape van than it would be to actually walk it all out :gonk:

Fellis posted:

30 second ECM timer while your teammate runs the server from the office to the van during your guessing game cheevo run (and then misses the throw into the van with 3 seconds left)
The first time I cleared Election Day (warehouse), a guard detected a dead body and I was out of pagers, so I slapped my last ECM down, had to shoot two guards (pager delay ECM), sprinted around and found the last voting machine and started rigging it. Unfortunately, the ECM wasn't going to out-last the rigging and there was a guard out of LOS who was on the phone just waiting for it to go away... which is when I learned that all I had to do was shoot in his direction a bunch to get him to get off the drat phone and focus on pointing his gun at me. Alas, the pagers were still counting down, and they hit zero, setting off the alarm at the exact same instant that the voting machine finished getting rigged (HoxHud had the pager and rigging countdowns synchronized). I still got the gold. :3:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 2, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

In regards to Hoxhud - Is it common that the thing stops working?
I installed it yesterday, worked fantastically.
Now it is broken and does absolutely nothing. Replacing the files accomplishes nothing and I am at something of a loss.\
Was there some sort of version change to make it incompatible or what have i missed?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

DarkDobe posted:

In regards to Hoxhud - Is it common that the thing stops working?
I installed it yesterday, worked fantastically.
Now it is broken and does absolutely nothing. Replacing the files accomplishes nothing and I am at something of a loss.\
Was there some sort of version change to make it incompatible or what have i missed?

You have to be in the Steam Group for it to function, which also means you have to have Steam in Online mode. v:shobon:v

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

maketakunai posted:

You have to be in the Steam Group for it to function, which also means you have to have Steam in Online mode. v:shobon:v

I'm in the group and I only play online so...?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Bolow posted:

It got nerfed when they added damage fall off to the shotguns, it's still decent with enforcer skills but the Saiga just performs much better with a deeper ammo pool, higher rate of fire, and being magazine fed.

gently caress I hope they have drum mags for the Saiga
Shotguns always had damage falloff, all they did was shorten it for the Mosconi and the 870. Hence my confusion as to why they'd nerf the 870.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

DarkDobe posted:

I'm in the group and I only play online so...?

Hmm, dunno then, those are the only times I've seen it randomly break after working for me (perhaps if Steam Community were down it would fail too?) :( I'm still using an out-of-date version (pre-Big Bank, :effort:) so it's not that.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Threat also works off differentials more than anything else, as well. I tend to get comments when I play with goons about how many cops I kill and how much punishment I absorb, but that's really just because my threat is through the god damned roof. I roll with a maxed out Loco and a Thanatos in my main if there's no other snipers around to deal with Bulldozers and Shields, so what this amounts to is that regardless of if I'm clearing a room of green SWAT or railing some specials, I'm racking up obscene amounts of threat. I'll take heat off others even if they're not trying to play particularly quiet just because I dare cops to come at me just by EXISTING.

The M308 was OK before the sniper pack came out, now it is a bad gun looking for a job. It functions basically the same as the sniper rifles but it cannot pierce Shields or efficiently dispose of Bulldozers. If you go into a game with an M308 I won't laugh, but I will definitely ask you what the hell you're thinking.

The CAR-4 beats it in every conceivable way as a mid-range weapon.

Its a poor man's rattlesnake. One advantage it has is you can Mag Plus it to a 25 magazine. Not as good in piercing cinnabuns or shields but gives your sniping buddy some breathing spacein seeing who to kill. Plus better rof as a single shot weapon

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Does the quad-stack make it so you Hoover up less ammo?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Vadun posted:

Does the quad-stack make it so you Hoover up less ammo?

It doesn't change your ammo stock at all so no.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Hey, whatever happened to that lady heister we were supposed to get?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

She is actually old Hoxton, he got snipped to transfer to a lower security lady jail.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bocc Kob posted:

Hey, whatever happened to that lady heister we were supposed to get?

I think what happened is she was depicted in the miniseries as a "seductive harlotassassin" stereotype and Overkill realized from feedback the backlash they would get if they actually depicted her ingame.

vvvv Nah, Greta was who they were planning to make the female heister, that's why she was introduced. Painful, eh?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 2, 2014

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I think what happened is she was depicted in the miniseries as a "seductive harlotassassin" stereotype and Overkill realized from feedback the backlash they would get if they actually depicted her ingame.

You're talking about Greta. The female heister was something entirely different.

/e: Where was it implied that they were intended to be the same person?

Here's an old tweet from Goldfarb that says otherwise:

https://twitter.com/locust9/status/380712085136498689

Reith fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 2, 2014

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Added some new information to the OP for new/returning players:

quote:

What is going infamous?
Refer to this page first

Infamy is the prestige system of this game. You spend $200 million of your offshore money and all of your spendable money and reset your level to zero. Your weapons and masks will be untouched, but you will have to level up to unlock weapons again before you can use them. Many DLC weapons do not have unlock levels fortunately.

Checklist of things to do before infamy:
1. Be level 100 and have $200 Million in offshore money
2. Use up all your spendable cash. Rearrange all your mods on your weapons how you like them best, buy weapon slots, fill your empty weapon slots with the most expensive weapons (to sell after you infamy to start with some cash), buy mask slots, buy masks. Anything you casually spent your millions on like respecs, moving mods around, making dumb masks, you will not be able to do.
3. Enjoy your new sunglasses
4. Find goons to play with/boost you back up to proper levels

What do I do with all this Offshore Money?
Offshore money is mainly a score tracker of sorts. You get 1/4 the money you pick up during heists as spendable, but the offshore shows the total money you have stolen in your career. However there are three ways to spend offshore money currently:

Buying heist contracts- Instead of waiting for the heist you want to do to pop up in Crime.net you can buy the heist at any difficulty with offshore money. Click the Contract Broker in the lower left corner of Crime.net and you pick a heist and a difficulty. You can also see the amount of times you have completed the heist at each difficulty on this screen.

Offshore Payday- Card drop system have you down? Why not spend that useless offshore money on some useless card drops! With offshore Payday, you can spend oodles of your offshore with various options to get payday card drops without having to complete heists. I'm also going to bury a dirty secret here: your drops are predetermined, it doesn't matter what card you pick. Very expensive and you don't want to spend too much otherwise you won't be able to do the next thing.

Going Infamous- The prestige system of this game, Infamy, costs $200 million in offshore cash. I have heard the tale of many a goon who spent it all on Offshore Payday and had to climb back up to get their sweet sunglasses.

Also, I have given up my life of crime to become a bus driver. I need some driving lessons :saddowns:

(don't get too close to the bus when it is ramming through the wall or you will get stuck in its geometry and everyone will hate you because they can't finish the mission and you are the host)

Police forgot to show up to an Overkill Firestarter :confused: We had to drill the trucks and moved all the bags up to the hill and THEN they finally show up <:mad:>

Fellis fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 2, 2014

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Someone asked a dev about the female heister at E3, apparently she's still in development, but her model's done.

Fellis posted:

Police forgot to show up to an Overkill Firestarter :confused: We had to drill the trucks and moved all the bags up to the hill and THEN they finally show up <:mad:>
Police forgot to show up on a Framing Frame Day 3 for us once, that made getting the "don't let them kill the power" achievement pretty easy :allears:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fellis posted:

Yeah, I posted about that in the last thread. Seems to be a recent bug and one of the funnier ones.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's actually an oldie. It might've been around since launch, even.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Has anyone had the game repeatedly crash to desktop when joining a goon game through the steam group chat?

Game worked fine with joining through friendslist before and on crimenet afterwards.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brainamp posted:

Yeah, I posted about that in the last thread. Seems to be a recent bug and one of the funnier ones.

I had a weird one today where none of the cops seemed to be aware I existed on a bank heist. They seemed to be kind of stuck in pre-assault phase where they were maneuvering around the map to get into position, but completely ignoring all the players. They did occasionally seem to shoot at some of the other players but even then they were REALLY passive about it. Meanwhile I was just running around meleeing cloakers to death without them even leaving their drop in point by the vents.

I think them not noticing me at all might have been some kind of lag thing, but even then they were being REALLY passive in general, not trying to rush or swarm no matter what phase it was.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Sounds like extreme desync to me, yeah.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I had a weird one today where none of the cops seemed to be aware I existed on a bank heist. They seemed to be kind of stuck in pre-assault phase where they were maneuvering around the map to get into position, but completely ignoring all the players. They did occasionally seem to shoot at some of the other players but even then they were REALLY passive about it. Meanwhile I was just running around meleeing cloakers to death without them even leaving their drop in point by the vents.

I think them not noticing me at all might have been some kind of lag thing, but even then they were being REALLY passive in general, not trying to rush or swarm no matter what phase it was.

Every time I've seen something like this, it was a LUA hacker.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

isndl posted:

Every time I've seen something like this, it was a LUA hacker.

Had a Firestarter Day 1 today with almost nothing but Cloakers. It wasn't pure cloakers, and things did still attack us. HoxHud didn't flag anyone as a ~cheater~ so I'm just gonna go with the code being unwieldy as gently caress and not always giving the proper triggers.

That said, I am most likely gonna cheat the gently caress outta my next Infamous level, because seriously gently caress 80-100 in this game. It erases almost any sense of progress you may have had before with this neverending slog of the same loving missions and who ever thought it'd be a good idea to make the levels progress like this.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Darwinism posted:

Had a Firestarter Day 1 today with almost nothing but Cloakers. It wasn't pure cloakers, and things did still attack us. HoxHud didn't flag anyone as a ~cheater~ so I'm just gonna go with the code being unwieldy as gently caress and not always giving the proper triggers.

That said, I am most likely gonna cheat the gently caress outta my next Infamous level, because seriously gently caress 80-100 in this game. It erases almost any sense of progress you may have had before with this neverending slog of the same loving missions and who ever thought it'd be a good idea to make the levels progress like this.

Me and every one of my friends agrees that cheating your levels and some cash in is entirely appropriate. The grind is the most un-fun thing in the game and honestly kind of gets in the way of the fun. I reached 100 legitimately and then LUA-ed myself to V-100 because I really didn't feel like doing that again, and many of my friends felt the same. Now me and my friends just play whatever mission we feel like, loud or quiet, not giving a poo poo about experience (except for the stealth bonus as that's fun/funny to get) and we just have fun robbing banks and PMC camps or carrying cocaine.

The game itself is fine and if you're cheating that there's a good chance you're ruining someone else's fun (not to mention taking all the fun out of your own game). The grind is bullshit though.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 2, 2014

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Mulatto Butts posted:

Has anyone had the game repeatedly crash to desktop when joining a goon game through the steam group chat?

Game worked fine with joining through friendslist before and on crimenet afterwards.

I had trouble with repeatedly crashing by trying to join through an invite, and there were instructions on the steam forums to launch the game, close it normally, and then restart steam, which I followed, and it worked for me.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Me and every one of my friends agrees that cheating your levels and some cash in is entirely appropriate. The grind is the most un-fun thing in the game and honestly kind of gets in the way of the fun. I reached 100 legitimately and then LUA-ed myself to V-100 because I really didn't feel like doing that again, and many of my friends felt the same. Now me and my friends just play whatever mission we feel like, loud or quiet, not giving a poo poo about experience (except for the stealth bonus as that's fun/funny to get) and we just have fun robbing banks and PMC camps or carrying cocaine.

The game itself is fine and if you're cheating that there's a good chance you're ruining someone else's fun (not to mention taking all the fun out of your own game). The grind is bullshit though.

Is there any known safe way of boosting cash and exp by a bit?
I've got to 60ish by playing on and off since release, but the grind is getting to me - I don't want to boost to max infamy or anything, just skip a couple of levels now and again.
Google just returns a load of results for old stuff that doesn't seem to work any more or really dodgy looking hack sites

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mr Beens posted:

Is there any known safe way of boosting cash and exp by a bit?
I've got to 60ish by playing on and off since release, but the grind is getting to me - I don't want to boost to max infamy or anything, just skip a couple of levels now and again.
Google just returns a load of results for old stuff that doesn't seem to work any more or really dodgy looking hack sites

If you can stand it, go google Pirate Perfection. I suggest using a throwaway e-mail account to get a download, and to delete the media folder as it is the most loving unnecessarily bloated trainer with all sorts of sound effects. Yes, I really need to hear Duke Nukem's voice whenever I do poo poo. Oh, and then delete that poo poo as soon as you're done with it.

That being said, I'd honestly say either level up to 100 legit your first time or skip the ground. A middle-ground setup just sounds like you're going to give yourself a few levels, play a bit, realize how loving bad the grind is, and then jump yourself to V-100 just fast enough to get you the achievements. Seriously, you're not even halfway at 60, the halfway point is 90 (0-90 is the same amount of experience as 90-100).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Not by percentages or whatever. Best thing you could do is just have a LUA hook set up that gives you a fairly reasonable amount of XP (say, 250k) per button press, and then click that every time you're about to complete a big heist. There are LUA hook packages that aren't fully blown trainers - I have one that I just configure with a .yml file to point specific F-keys to specific lua scripts, which then just run every time I hit F8 or whatever. I have control over the lua scripts, so I can basically do whatever I want with it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

gently caress Train Heist.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Mulatto Butts posted:

Wasn't it a Big Bank? One of my buddies had CTD issues with that level until lowering graphics settings.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Not by percentages or whatever. Best thing you could do is just have a LUA hook set up that gives you a fairly reasonable amount of XP (say, 250k) per button press, and then click that every time you're about to complete a big heist. There are LUA hook packages that aren't fully blown trainers - I have one that I just configure with a .yml file to point specific F-keys to specific lua scripts, which then just run every time I hit F8 or whatever. I have control over the lua scripts, so I can basically do whatever I want with it.

That would probably be better than what I suggested. Probably reasonably easy since from what I understand LUA's not that bad of a language.

Roobanguy posted:

gently caress Train Heist.

Hey, it's not so bad if a) you go loud and blow poo poo up and b) decide to only grab a handful of explosive ammo (or none at all).

Also, is it Thursday yet? I really, really want my shotguns with frag rounds.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Darwinism posted:

Alkydere posted:

Seriously, you're not even halfway at 60, the halfway point is 90 (0-90 is the same amount of experience as 90-100).

To clarify the situation a bit, the XP curve of Payday is perfectly geometric. The halfway point is actually at level 85- at level 91 you're 66% of the way there.

Alkydere posted:

Please. I (being crazy) am going through the infamies legit, and nothing's more frustrating than playing with someone who's LUA'd themselves all the skills aced simultaneously. No poo poo the game's boring, you have every tier bonus combined. You have double the armor, ammo and speed of anyone else in the game, and you've removed all the strategy and choices out of selecting a build.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I picked this up in the Steam sale and it's fun as hell, how come nobody told me? Me and three buddies stealthed a Bank Heist: Cash on Overkill, which was the most ridiculous thing I've ever experienced in a video game, and I went from 16 to 23 in one go. Amazing. :ninja:

How do I rename guns?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Coolguye posted:

There are LUA hook packages that aren't fully blown trainers
HoxHud is one, if you have it installed you have LUA access, then you can code whatever you want using it. Here's a mini-tutorial on pastebin if you just wanna get levels or money or whatever, linked so as to not spam up the thread with dumb programming talk. You only need a basic text editor.

Fanzay posted:

How do I rename guns?
Click their name on the stats pane on the right, in your inventory.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Alkydere posted:

That would probably be better than what I suggested. Probably reasonably easy since from what I understand LUA's not that bad of a language.
Even beyond that, if you type in 'payday 2 lua scripts' you get a ton of forum resources that just tell you how to do poo poo. It's not idiot proof of course since it's still code, but basically if you pay any god drat attention at all you can figure it out.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

To clarify the situation a bit, the XP curve of Payday is perfectly geometric. The halfway point is actually at level 85- at level 91 you're 66% of the way there.

Please. I (being crazy) am going through the infamies legit, and nothing's more frustrating than playing with someone who's LUA'd themselves all the skills aced simultaneously. No poo poo the game's boring, you have every tier bonus combined. You have double the armor, ammo and speed of anyone else in the game, and you've removed all the strategy and choices out of selecting a build.

There's a difference between giving yourself 256 skill points and giving yourself the proper maximum of 120. The 5% less skill bonus only affects how many points it takes to get to the next tier of skills as far as I can tell.

Honestly, the only difference I can tell between 100 and V-100 is I have the shades of +1 Douche, I hold a burning card of +5 Pretention, some other masks of varying quality, and some achievements. I still have the same number of skill points and go down like any other Tech-Forcer whenever a Cloaker gets a drop on me. I'm not going to start raining bags of coke from the sky or 100 medbags something like that.

Besides, it's not like I'm going out of my way to harass you, I mainly play with my friends and all of us were tired of the grind. We wanted to play the maps for fun, not because doing X, Y or Z gave us the best exp payout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

maketakunai posted:

Click their name on the stats pane on the right, in your inventory.

Thanks.

Also should I get HoxHud? What does it do, other than apparently identifying people who cheat? Where can I get it?

• Locked thread