Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Found the document TNA submitted to Congress showing their first and only drug test results:

http://oversight-archive.waxman.house.gov/documents/20081231141013.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dear Lord, Dixie is just the dumbest.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I wonder who the one person on Amphetamines was...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Wasn't the Wellness policy document she presented to them just WWE's with the names changed?

Edit: While looking for further info, I came across this article from last May with a couple of choice quotes from her:

quote:

Dixie Carter was on Hawksbee and Jacobs over in the United Kingdom to promote TNA Wrestling’s 2014 Maximum Impact Tour.

Dixie was asked to name the company’s top star and she specifically mentioned Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray and AJ Styles. She put over their deep roster of talent.

Performance-enhancing drugs were brought up. Dixie condemned their usage, unapologetically stating her stance:

“If you can’t look great naturally then you don’t deserve to look great.”

She said she voluntarily testified before Congress in the United States about this issue and that TNA “tests their guys regularly.”

When asked about NBA player Jason Collins coming out as homosexual, Carter was asked about wrestling being a “macho” world. Dixie said they’ve had one openly-homosexual wrestler and it was part of his character (I’m assuming she was talking about Orlando Jordan unless there’s someone I’m forgetting about). Dixie said she knows they’ve had others as well. She said it was fine and didn’t change anyone’s perception about that person.

“These are guys in little tights and you know, wrestling all around and everything else. You would think if it would bother anybody, it would be in wrestling versus, you know, on a football field kicking the ball.”

Dixie Carter said her first job was to write the bid for Dallas to get the World Cup Games.

Edit: Excerpts from her congressional testimony (only editing was removing the interviewer's lead in to their next point)

Needless to say, it gets even worse from there

quote:

Q So there is no expectation that if the talent is using steroids that have been prescribed that they have an obligation under this policy to inform their supervisor of that?

A We do know of multiple talent that we do have.

Q So talent -- are they required to tell you if they are taking --

A They are not required to. It doesn't affect that, but we are aware in multiple situations.

Q And how are you aware?

A Because, again, they tell us. We know when they have certain injuries and how they are treating them -- old injuries, neck injuries and things such as that so --

Q I'm actually thinking of the steroid use. Do you know about talent who are currently using steroids prescribed by doctors?

A I know of one talent specific --

Q Okay.

A -- and I know of another one that is a form of regeneration, I believe it is.

Q Uh-huh.

A So that is a form of steroid, but it is not --

Q But they are not required under the policy, -- under the existing policy, they are not required to notify you?

A Under this existing policy, if it does not affect their work, they are not required to tell us.
:ughh:

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 2, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is it just me, or can you somehow tell that the interviewer thinks she's completely incompetent?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Endorph posted:

Is it just me, or can you somehow tell that the interviewer thinks she's completely incompetent?
The full transcript is over 100 pages long. Make of that what you will...

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Openly homosexual wrestler? Way to contribute to bi erasure. Come on, Dixie, Be A Star :mad:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

I find it hard to believe anybody could have a conversation with Dixie and come away from it thinking she's not completely incompetent

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

To save time, I just call him Blashley.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I find it hard to believe anybody could have a conversation with Dixie and come away from it thinking she's not completely incompetent

And if they have any doubt, they certainly think it after someone tells them she has a background in PR.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PWInsider via LOP posted:

We noted last weekend that Dixie Carter was reportedly injured after taking the powerbomb through a table from Bully Ray at TNA's Friday night New York City tapings.

It turns out that Dixie was indeed injured and suffered two small broken bones in her back. It was described as a minor injury.

It's also confirmed that the table bump was designed to be the end of Dixie as a TV character for TNA.

quote:

As noted, TNA used former WWE stars Snitsky and Ezekiel Jackson at the New York City tapings last week as members of Team Dixie but they were apparently "fired" by Dixie before the Friday night tapings, which they did not work.

Word now is that the two are indeed done with TNA. They were only booked for two of the three NYC tapings with the idea that Dixie using "real" ECW guys would get heat with the NYC crowd and also showcase how far gone the Dixie Carter character had gotten.

When Zeke and Snitsky were booked for the tapings, they were not brought in with the idea that they would be signed to contracts.
I really hope they just misquoted PWI and said that she intentionally used WWECW guys and not 'real' ECW guys because that just makes her sound even worse...but I can believe it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That's actually kind of clever. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

CVagts posted:

It would be if they actually intended it. But since they weren't there long it doesn't matter.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CVagts posted:

I agree that the concept of a GM character being dumb enough to think that WWECW is the real deal is a funny way to troll hardcore fans.

I wish TNA would just focus on TNA more though, and not be so invested in "hey guys remember ECW?????"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
More fantastic Government testimony from Dixie:

quote:

Q: Can I just go back to the demographics? One of your sources of revenue are toys?

A: Uh-huh.

Q: Can you describe what kind of?

A: It is mostly collectibles, Action Figures. And I don't know if any of then men around this table admit to having any. But it is really -- it is more in the collectible side where guys keep the toys and they keep them in their boxes and then they increase in value and things such as that. They're not as much, you know, play toys as more collectible items.

Q: And who is the target audience for those items?

A: Well, collectibles are a much older demographic. I mean, they are probably -- I mean, they are more grown men. I mean, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s even. Have you seen the 40-Year-Old Virgin with that man that has all the toys? I mean, that is kind of -- that's our audience.

And people still want to be TNA fans.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It is utterly baffling that this woman somehow ran a PR firm.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Our audience is mainly virgin losers is the point I'm trying to make here.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

Dixie Carter said her first job was to write the bid for Dallas to get the World Cup Games.

I must see a copy of this bid.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RZApublican posted:

I must see a copy of this bid.

An excerpt:

"Have you ever seen those old Italian guys that put the Ferrari stickers on their Honda Civics? I mean, that is kind of -- that's our audience."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

Found the document TNA submitted to Congress showing their first and only drug test results:

Thank you for this.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Can't wait for Tenille Dashwood, awkward kleptomaniac.

Edit: Never mind

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 2, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when TNA PPVs we're cut off for documentaries about thongs

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Outright cancelled in favour of!

Raeg fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 2, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

every knockout entrance is a documentary about thongs anyway

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apparently Devon and Homicide are back regularly going forward, and King Mo's going to be doing more appearances for the company.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

Surprised more people weren't doing benzos - and only 1 in 4 use of steroids?

Maybe not so surprising since no one in that drat company has any money.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Chris James 2 posted:

Apparently Devon and Homicide are back regularly going forward, and King Mo's going to be doing more appearances for the company.
The fools!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I've discovered why EY can't beat BAHBY. You can't piledrive someone that doesn't have a neck, it's just not going to work.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Angelina Love looks coked out.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

joshtothemaxx posted:

Angelina Love looks coked out.

Nah, she's just anorexic

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

And perpetually concussed.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The TV title has now been officially retired. You know, after being unused for over a year.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 3, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Daniel Bryan posted:

The TV title has now been officially retired. You know, after being unused for over a year.
At least TNA is aware if they want to bury a title, you give it to Abyss so people stop caring about it

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 3, 2014

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Greetings all, couldn't find a good enough photograph of James Thompson comprehensively defeating TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley in hand to hand combat, but James Thompson comprehensively defeated TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley in hand to hand combat. Have a blessed day.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Greetings all, couldn't find a good enough photograph of James Thompson comprehensively defeating TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley in hand to hand combat, but James Thompson comprehensively defeated TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley in hand to hand combat. Have a blessed day.

James Thompson is in Bellator.

James Thompson/Bobby Lashley at Bound For Glory possible?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Same, but if you have a spare half hour you can watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA5C4qNyhQU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Same, but if you have a spare half hour you can watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA5C4qNyhQU

That fight was insane that it went that long. JT got his eyesocket pulped in the first round and then powered through it to a win. Dude went undefeated in SFL, IIRC

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Petey Williams' last match is apparently this Saturday and I blame Dixie Carter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling had early plans to use the 6 sided ring since it was originally Jarrett's idea back when he was in TNA. There are some workers in TNA who believe one of the main reasons why the company decided to bring the 6 sided ring back was to "beat Jarrett to the punch," so to speak.

GFW: a big enough threat to TNA that they're making decisions their own workers don't like just to spite their former owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Flameingblack posted:

At least TNA is aware if they want to bury a title, you give it to Abyss so people stop caring about it

Abyss is not TNA's John Cena after all. He is TNA's Hornswoggle. Except Hornswoggle moves merchandise.

• Locked thread