Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Another reason to read the blog tag fine print carefully every time: "I will note now that I did not specify whether it was the test build or the testers that would receive additional beatings".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
I am so excited about this game. It just seems to have everything that I'd look for in a game.

Have I been brainwashed?

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Have I been brainwashed?

Please remain exactly where you are, Citizen, and an Education Squad will be with you momentarily to answer any concerns you may have. Please do not be alarmed by the arcing electrical devices they carry, these are purely a badge of office and any resemblance to a cattle prod is purely coincidental.

Brovine fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 26, 2014

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

the tanks are life
the tanks bring happy
the tanks are where you belong
join us

No one ever lets me in the tanks :smith:

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Brovine posted:

Please remain exactly where you are, Citizen, and an Education Squad will be with you momentarily to answer any concerns you may have. Please do not be alarmed by the arcing electrical devices they carry, these are purely a badge of office and any resemblance to a cattle prod is purely coincidental.
The eddying, weightless objects bobbed gently in the breeze and began to drift almost aimlessly towards the wharfs. The sky was suddenly full of the things. They were big and soft-bodied, each a mass of twisted, bloated tissue coated with introcate flaps and curves of skin, craters and strange, dripping orifices. The central sac was about ten feet in diamteter. Each of the creatures had a human rider, visible in a harness sutured to the corpulent body. Below each such body was a thicket of dangling tentacles, ribbons of blistered flesh that stretched the forty or so feet to the ground.

The creatures' pinky-purple flesh throbbed regularly like beating hearts.

The extraordinary things bore down on the gathered crowd. There was a full ten seconds when those who saw them were too aghast to speak, or to believe what they saw. Then the shouts started: "Men-o'-war!"

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
One of the testers happened upon this happy little shindig going down, look how happy they are dancing. Dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing. Forever. Forever.

(Posted with permission of course. I'm not risking the brute squad coming down on me.)

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Deadmeat5150 posted:

One of the testers happened upon this happy little shindig going down, look how happy they are dancing. Dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing. Forever. Forever.

(Posted with permission of course. I'm not risking the brute squad coming down on me.)

This reminds me of one of those old school puzzle games like Lolo or something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Urist Lumbercarrier cancels action - Cow Dancing

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's all fun and games until one misstep invokes the Lord of Hamburgers' wrath upon the colony. Before you know it, all of those meat bricks are sentient and devouring your villagers.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Mokinokaro posted:

It's all fun and games until one misstep invokes the Lord of Hamburgers' wrath upon the colony. Before you know it, all of those meat bricks are sentient and devouring your villagers.
I'm going to be rather disappointed if jars of preserves taken from certain unassuming fungi can't come alive and wreak havoc over Cogendom.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Testing has been seriously reduced because I can't stop watching this. But progress never stops!

Nvining posted:

(Fixed: If somebody was in a work party, then not in a work party, then back in a work party, then died, then were eaten, the game crashes)

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Admiral Funk posted:

I really hope that this "People no longer gossip with dead people" is not entirely true.

Yeah, if they keep removing features, there's not going to be much game left :\

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Munkeymon posted:

Just based on what I've seen there is plenty of wacky poo poo.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Munkeymon posted:

I wouldn't worry. Actually no, you should worry. Worry a lot, but not about that.

The other day I posted Redacted, now move along. Curiosity got more than the cat arrested by the occultist purgation squad after all. in the testing forum.

nvining posted:

I will say I didn't read the top bit, just went to the bottom and I nearly had a heart attack

Deadmeat5150 posted:

haahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bernardo Orel posted:

I can't stop watching the gif.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what that gif is, but its the only thing I've ever wanted to see now.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Eonwe posted:

I don't know what that gif is, but its the only thing I've ever wanted to see now.

I realize this doesn't help but it's pretty great. Maybe the Powers That Be will let it be posted here.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If you're looking for your Cthulhu-with-some-Victorian-England-sprinkled-on-top aesthetic fix, Sunless Sea just got released today on Steam Early Access (its pretty far along and is more of a late beta so don't let Early Access scare you off). Its set in the same universe as the Fallen London browser game and while a bit grimmer than Clockwork Empires, it shares some of the same influences. Its also not a city builder, its a management game kinda like FTL.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
On the flip side, Factorio is a game about building a giant factory to make things automatically with a twisted mass of pipes and conveyor belts linking everything together.

And you need gears. So many gears. :stare:

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I was watching some old Kitchen Nightmares and some godawful cook called himself a 'meat sculptor' I immediately thought of this thread.

I can only think two ways to use that title and neither of them fit in a restaurant. Would work well in this game though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darkhold posted:

I was watching some old Kitchen Nightmares and some godawful cook called himself a 'meat sculptor' I immediately thought of this thread.

I can only think two ways to use that title and neither of them fit in a restaurant. Would work well in this game though.

Funny, I didn't think Gordon Ramsey cooked for the red light district.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

LtSmash posted:

I wouldn't worry. Actually no, you should worry. Worry a lot, but not about that.

The other day I posted Redacted, now move along. Curiosity got more than the cat arrested by the occultist purgation squad after all. in the testing forum.

I think you are safe: https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/484405616085958656
Oh god. One of our internal testers modded Clockwork Empires so that you can "carve' logs into living dodos.

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
War. War never changes:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/07/02/technical-status-update-a-young-lads-message/

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Bernardo Orel posted:

Oh god. One of our internal testers modded Clockwork Empires so that you can "carve' logs into living dodos.

Well the dodo's out of the bag now.

MOOMANiBE posted:

(And yes, the game is already so exposed to Lua and XML that you can literally do this with maybe a few minutes of copy pasting code)
While it took quite a bit of puzzling and furrowing of my brow to decipher how everything worked this was actually pretty easy to make. There is a ton of power available through the lua and xml. If you wanted to it would be totally possible to make a mod turning it into Fishperson Tidepool where you defend your home from the incursions of the clockworkians while doing whatever it is fishpeople do all day.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

quote:

FIXED: removing somebody from a work crew, then putting them back into a work crew, then killing them and eating them crashes the game

That seems oddly specific. How did you come upon that one?

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

DeathSandwich posted:

Don't ask. You don't want to know.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

The true horror is the codebase of elemental evil.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

when Quag'garoth notices you in the hall and smiles with ten-thousand invisible mouths #justcultistthings

Am I going to have to make a mod for this? The <quaggaroth> section of the xml calls to me.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Good lord, #justcultistthings made me laugh harder than I should have

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I literally just finished another playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas. Reading this as the first right away had me laughing harder than I probably should.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

1stGear posted:

If you're looking for your Cthulhu-with-some-Victorian-England-sprinkled-on-top aesthetic fix, Sunless Sea just got released today on Steam Early Access (its pretty far along and is more of a late beta so don't let Early Access scare you off). Its set in the same universe as the Fallen London browser game and while a bit grimmer than Clockwork Empires, it shares some of the same influences. Its also not a city builder, its a management game kinda like FTL.
The more I read The Scar the more I realize that all I want is a citybuilding game where your pirates capture ships and lash them together, and then raid the coast for paper and ink and books and good soil and rare plants. And have the birds poo poo on everything, naturally.

Bernardo Orel posted:

All I see is another feature.

*edit*

What's going on with the terrain deformation of that dirt patch?

Wolfgang Pauli fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 3, 2014

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

1stGear posted:

If you're looking for your Cthulhu-with-some-Victorian-England-sprinkled-on-top aesthetic fix

How much of the game is occulty Lovecraft stuff, anyway ?? I'm really hoping we get the inverse of this.

I've been excited for this game since it was just a gif of a gear called Project Odin, but page after page of ham-handed Lovecraftian jokes and attempts at the style from some people here are killing it for me

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Don't worry. As seen in the latest newsletter (which you all should be subscribed to), Clockwork Empires are embracing a new, bold direction.

"Quag'garoth-chan" :3:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Ah, the SPORE method of redesign.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

FIXED: interrupting butchery of an animal to shoot it some more, thus crashing the game

Doesn't sound like a bug to me. Because having to kill (again) the re-animating corpse of the animal you are currently hacking to bits for dinner doesn't sound like something that was broken.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

oddium posted:

How much of the game is occulty Lovecraft stuff, anyway ?? I'm really hoping we get the inverse of this.

I've been excited for this game since it was just a gif of a gear called Project Odin, but page after page of ham-handed Lovecraftian jokes and attempts at the style from some people here are killing it for me

While I think the Lovecraft stuff is interesting, I think I'll occasionally just want to play bureaucracy simulator.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Don't worry. As seen in the latest newsletter (which you all should be subscribed to), Clockwork Empires are embracing a new, bold direction.

"Quag'garoth-chan" :3:

I hope the Terror From Beyond Reality notices me :nyoron:

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Chop logs to release dodos, add the dodos to work groups, then kill and eat them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

oddium posted:

I would argue that given the primary theme of Lovecraft, being that human beings are but a flicker in the scope of the vast, unknowable cosmic horror of a world ruled by beings which are utterly alien and barely comprehend the existence of humans, their lives being so brief and insignificant, that the differences between Lovecraft and Bureaucracy are fairly academic.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
in other words, in Clockwork Empires YOU are the Elder Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

"People no longer gossip with dead people"

Why is this a bug?

"FIXED: Colonists will no longer target corpses for gossiping"

xutech fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 3, 2014

• Locked thread