Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zwachro posted:

Re: Rousey-Davis BJJ Scout did a thing.

These BJJ Scout videos are seriously the best thing. In-depth analysis and the creator is aware enough not to try to narrate them because all MMA fans have weird nerd voices.

Does Houston Alexander at least still have his day job as a Radio DJ? He was the last of the great "Do an X with your arms over your head when you win" guys (the other being Chuck), and also the guy who made me realize that black dudes just love having Assassin in their nicknames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
assassins are of all creeds and colours

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Yes, let us not forget soon to be hall-of-famers Sam "The Alaskan Assassin" Hoger and Alex "The Assassin" Karalexis.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Triticum Guzzler posted:

"Assassin" - Alex Karalexis
"The African Assassin" - Rameau Sokoudjou
"The Assassin" - Danny Abbadi
"The Assassin" - Houston Alexander
"The Silent Assassin" - Luke Cummo
"The Young Assassin" Melvin Guillard
"Baby-faced Assassin" Josh Barnett

Didn't someone have a spreadsheet of these at one point?

e: how could I forget?
"The Soul Assassin" David Terrell
"The Cheesecake Assassin" Danny Mitchell

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 2, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I eagerly await the debut of Thiago "Pitbull Assassin" Silva

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Aurain posted:

I eagerly await the debut of Thiago "Pitbull Assassin" Silva

bjorn rebney already has that title.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ty1990 posted:

You're on.

:hfive:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

But not women. It's too expensive to draw the picture.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Captain Log posted:

But not women. It's too expensive to draw the picture.

It's weird that I got this joke given that I've never played that game.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Agent Tough Juice posted:

It's weird that I got this joke given that I've never played that game.

I seem to know a lot of things/get references osmotically. Some aspects of culture permeates everything!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
When no less than Stone Cold Steve Austin is telling Ariel Helwani that Ronda Rousey has a 'bad motherfucker' ring walk, that is the sound of cash registers ringing, selling the UFC 175 PPV to non-MMA fans.

Dana owes that guy a thank you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dead Snoopy posted:

When no less than Stone Cold Steve Austin is telling Ariel Helwani that Ronda Rousey has a 'bad motherfucker' ring walk, that is the sound of cash registers ringing, selling the UFC 175 PPV to non-MMA fans.

Stone Cold's talked up UFC quite a bit. He's even had Chael Sonnen and Stephan Bonnar on his podcast.

Also Ronda Rousey popped up on Jim Ross's podcast. Nothing really interesting other than Ronda talking up her opponent.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
No kidding, Ronda's walkout for the Miesha rematch got me hype as gently caress. She came off like there was literally nothing else on her mind other than clobbering Tate.

Joe Rogan said it best when he remarked that "Ronda plays for keeps."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

coconono posted:

Stone Cold's talked up UFC quite a bit. He's even had Chael Sonnen and Stephan Bonnar on his podcast.

Also Ronda Rousey popped up on Jim Ross's podcast. Nothing really interesting other than Ronda talking up her opponent.

Except for Miesha I can't recall Ronda talking down about any of her UFC opponents. She had news conferences with McMann where they both seemed legit hyped about fighting each other. Ronda is way ahead of a lot of her competition but she still knows that talking down your opponent doesn't sell a fight. (obligatory gently caress Jon Jones.)

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

-Atom- posted:

No kidding, Ronda's walkout for the Miesha rematch got me hype as gently caress. She came off like there was literally nothing else on her mind other than clobbering Tate.

Not a big Ronda fan, but her walkout is loving rad. Music choice is perfect and it pairs well with her hilarious mean mugging. I think it might be my favorite non-gimmick walkout of all time (do not counter with Wandy and Sandstorm).

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

my favorite was gono coming out with him and his posse dressed in sequin dresses and performing a dance number. it was not a gimmick because it was gono you see.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Dead Snoopy posted:

On his podcast after Rousey/McMann, he talked about seeing Faber sitting next to him and the stunned look on Faber's face when he told Faber he was a fan as well. And if Rousey ever comes out to anything other than "Bad Reputation" I will be disappointed.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Brandon Thatch fighting Jordan Mein August 23rd!!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

parthenocarpy posted:

Just curious, why do you post a screenshot of your phone versus just the photo was posted on twitter/instagram?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Just curious, why do you post a screenshot of your phone versus just the photo was posted on twitter/instagram?

That was the picture brandon thatch just posted on facebook

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

parthenocarpy posted:

Just curious, why did you post a fight announcement in a Game Day Thread ;)

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDvsu5L7x2Y

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yo Ronda owns

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yo Ronda owns

yeah seriously. I know she goes Full Diaz sometimes but she's so motivated and inspiring.

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yo Ronda owns

Yeah that segment was great.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

gunblade posted:

Yeah that segment was great.

Ronda's authenticity is so polarizing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Those vlogs are pretty cool. I'm going to have to watch more of that.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
That Ronda monologue was amazing.

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Hey, I have that Mike Tyson hoodie too. It owns.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Just watched this, apparently Rin is still a sex slave? Roy and Hunt at the end made me laugh.

Ronda's level of dedication is ridiculous. She is not going to lose for a long, long time unless something happens to break down her mental state. I don't know if there's another fighter in any division in MMA who has such a killer combination of physical attributes, technique, and focus both in and out of the cage.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

K8.0 posted:

Just watched this, apparently Rin is still a sex slave? Roy and Hunt at the end made me laugh.

Ronda's level of dedication is ridiculous. She is not going to lose for a long, long time unless something happens to break down her mental state. I don't know if there's another fighter in any division in MMA who has such a killer combination of physical attributes, technique, and focus both in and out of the cage.

Rousey is only fighting for like 2.5 more years

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Rousey is only fighting for like 2.5 more years

When was the last time a fighter actually retired when they said they were going to and then stayed retired

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fatherdog posted:

When was the last time a fighter actually retired when they said they were going to and then stayed retired

She's likely on mega money and lets be honest, she's not exactly getting pushed... at all by her competition. The only thing I could forsee is if hollywood throws trucks of cash at her. I can see the appeal of working out 50% of what you're doing, getting more money for movies and appearances and retiring undefeated.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

fatherdog posted:

Did evan tanner ever officially retire?

Oh and fedor

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Dangersim posted:

Did evan tanner ever officially retire?

Oh and fedor

Fedor retired after Werdum I thought

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yo Ronda owns

Yup

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

origami posted:

Fedor retired after Werdum I thought

I didn't think he made it official until after getting Hendo'ed.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Fedor went out on top in number one Russian federation against dangerous opposition "Snowball" Jeff Monson

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Fedor retired after knocking out Pedro Rizzo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Correction I meant "Snow Blower" Pedro Rizzo

• Locked thread