Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Spork o Doom posted:

This doesn't work if the Phins suck so bad they're the ones that get moved.

Fuuuuuuck.

All my hopes rest on the Phins being the second most incompetent/rephrensible team in the NFL. It's frankly a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Isn't everyone on the Phins OLINE new??? Uhhh, that ain't gonna be good.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

RG3 probably a little too high on that list, putting him ahead of Palmer, Bradford, Tannehill and McCown is a bit of a stretch

Rasczak fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 4, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

A Man and his dog posted:

Not necessarily. The Bengals had 4 new linemen in 2009 and that may have been their best line in the Marv era.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but that was Palmer in his prime. We talking about Tanneyhill here.....

Also Ras I'm not stepping in your trap. Go play with your kids in the Texas heat or someshit.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Yep. It's a good thing because all the previous incumbents were either terrible linemen or terrible people.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud/Crazy/Catfish, gonna need y'all to step up and defend the honour of your quarterback

Using the girlfriend as evidence is fair game

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah but that was Palmer in his prime. We talking about Tanneyhill here.....

Also Ras I'm not stepping in your trap. Go play with your kids in the Texas heat or someshit.

Ryan Tannehill's 2013 was about the same as Palmer's 2009.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rasczak posted:

Ehud/Crazy/Catfish, gonna need y'all to step up and defend the honour of your quarterback

Using the girlfriend as evidence is fair game

Meh. He probably won't work out long term because dolphins.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Meh. He probably won't work out long term because dolphins.

There are times when y'all make me look downright optimistic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rasczak posted:

There are times when y'all make me look downright optimistic

Expecting the current 2014 Cowboys to get 8 wins is optimistic

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Expecting the current 2014 Cowboys to get 8 wins is optimistic

So you're saying there's hope of a decent draft pick! :unsmith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think I'm higher on Tanny than most Dolphins fans are. He put up pretty good numbers for a second-year QB despite not having much to work with. I suppose he could always get Henne'd, but I still think there's a better chance that the Phins found their long-term answer.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sheen Sheen posted:

Somehow I doubt that.

Probably not, but as far as bad qb extensions go, he was 9/11 JFK assassination tier.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
All I'm gonna say is the Dolphins are in prime position to take over the AFC East when Brady retires at the age of 45.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

All I'm gonna say is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjHHlvQn2U

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

b0ng posted:

Guy seems to have the bone density of my grandma.

Disagree with both you and the guy you quoted. Even healthy, Locker's accuracy is absolutely terrible. Having said that, I don't think he actively caused Tennessee losses more than anyone else, which is more than I can say of Ponder, Cassell, etc. He'd be an okay backup or a panic signing after your quarterback goes down with biannual freak dysplasia or whatever. He's not broken poo poo or total poo poo, just somewhat poo poo.

He should not be resigned next year, and his backup should not be a bad LSU rookie.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Chris James 2 posted:

Expecting the current 2014 Cowboys with their schedule to get 5 wins is optimistic

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

quote:

While fans in the US celebrate Independence Day, their cousins in the UK are set for yet another day of work – leading the NFL’s No. 1 mascot to step in and use the special relationship between both nations to fight for the right of all Jags fans who live or work in the United Kingdom to join in the celebrations.

Jaxson has personally written to David Cameron to suggest an ‘EverBank Holiday’, named in honour of the Jaguars’ EverBank Field home, for 4th July to celebrate just 238 years after the original Independence Day. The Florida-based Jacksonville Jaguars have their own special relationship with the UK, having agreed to play one regular season home game at Wembley Stadium through 2016.

Speaking from his home in EverBank Field, Jaxson said: “We love visiting our second home in London and our fans across the UK are awesome. So, when I heard of their plight ahead this Friday, I decided that I had to intervene.

If you're gonna move just do it you teases.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

BRB gonna watch some Marcus Mariota youtubes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Who wants some offseason hyperbole

Rich Cimini posted:

Chris Johnson, 28, is the Jets' most accomplished skill-position player since LaDainian Tomlinson, a rare talent who transcends the "what have you done for me lately?" principle.

"He's a first-ballot Hall of Famer," Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said.

"He's unique because, at any moment, he can score," Hall of Famer Curtis Martin said. Martin knows great running backs. On his personal list, he lists Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson as the best in history. Martin said Johnson "had a chance" to challenge the Big Three.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Who wants some offseason hyperbole

lol
also, what about Emmet Smith

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Wow, the most accomplished skill-position player since the last RB they signed in his twilight years. Well, if that's not a stunning endorsement for the Jets offense, I don't know what is.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Marty Mornhinweg developing CTE from the number of times he's rested his palm on his forehead

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhW6nSLSq6Y

I can't stop laughing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing that's his third game, because a true Browns fan would be inoculated by now.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh man that was great. Like liquids out of my nose great.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Probably Magic posted:

I'm guessing that's his third game, because a true Browns fan would be inoculated by now.

Even when you're completely numb to pain, sometimes, something happens to sober you up for a moment.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Middle school?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

BRB gonna watch some Marcus Mariota youtubes

Don't you mean "Film?"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Even when you're completely numb to pain, sometimes, something happens to sober you up for a moment.

For me, it was when Iowa State beat Kansas two years ago with a red shirt quarterback playing his first game. I completely loving snapped. So I of all people should know better.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

For when 'while' just isn't pretentious enough for you.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
You've been here for 8 years and still haven't gotten used to the whilsts?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

It's like getting used to arthritis or bone spurs or strip searches at the airport.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

This was me trying to start my leafblower for 15 minutes this morning

(I had the switch set to off)

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Intruder posted:

holy poo poo ive been here for 7 and a half years

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Probably Magic posted:

I have only been to two Browns games.

We won them both :smug:

one of them we beat the seahawks 6-3

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Don't you mean "Film?"

Just got back from watching game film on Mariota and for some reason I now have Down With the Sickness stuck in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

I have only been to two Browns games.

We won them both :smug:

one of them we beat the seahawks 6-3

I was there too and it was awesome because we won and the seahawk fans were even more miserable than us for once

• Locked thread