Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nine of Eight posted:

PM me, I might be willing depending on the precise details.

PMed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tiny tank arrived today, its only four inches long :3:

Press photos not mine

Not even sure if I should open it after seeing what people are willing to pay for it.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

drat that's adorable. Jealous

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The first OVA preview is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiMAlfHhYE

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Please tell me the Type 89 gets ganked by some Tankettes, because that would be glorious.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Awesome, we get to see what the Hippo Team is like at home. :hist101:

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
I wonder why Turtle (38t) and Duck (Type 89) are shooting at each other. Non flag invoking training perhaps, since they seem to be using only machineguns? Heh, maybe someone accused someone else of being fat... :)

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Joachim1167 posted:

I wonder why Turtle (38t) and Duck (Type 89) are shooting at each other. Non flag invoking training perhaps, since they seem to be using only machineguns? Heh, maybe someone accused someone else of being fat... :)

These don't really seem like the kind of girls who would get upset over that. Now, if you insulted their tanks...

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Command Ant posted:

These don't really seem like the kind of girls who would get upset over that.

Except for maybe Momo-chan. :)

Noriko: You're fat.
Momo: UTE! UTE! UTE!

They're probably just training, but since it's prominently featured in the preview it may be something else. Meh, I'm probably just overthinking it.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
A couple more:

Anglerfish Team Panzer IV Ausf. H

St. Gloriana Liaison Land Rover (i.e. Darjeeling's ride)

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Joachim1167 posted:

It's probably two completely seperate scenes spliced together.

Also that Landrover is cool, especially because pink was a common color for desert ops for landies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea a pink land rover was a fairly common thing so it works as more than a 'tee hee moe tank fights' thing.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOJtfr57oQ
Another PV.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A month away...

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

No Hitlers, guess Mussolini is the closest we're getting.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Super excited for the new OVA, even if it won't have Katyusha in it. (I still hope it does! :v:)

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I lost it at "Duce". This will be amazing.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
Panzer Vor, prepare for combat, get the hype going!

T-Minus 48 hours until Gaz Underpants: Anchovies VS Anglerfish

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

My body is ready.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
My wine is ready

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Does it ever explain why little girls have to drive the tanks instead of, you know, adults

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

Does it ever explain why little girls have to drive the tanks instead of, you know, adults

The adults are fighting the real wars, this is just training.

I have no idea what the real story it

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Smoking Crow posted:

Did it ever explain why schools are on gigantic aircraft carriers complete with their own miniature economies instead of on land?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kanos posted:

Did it ever explain why schools are on gigantic aircraft carriers complete with their own miniature economies instead of on land?

I think it mentioned something about like "the war" causing school ships to be necessary which begs the question, what happened in the world of Girls und Panzer?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

It's a school-only sport as far as I can tell
I'm a nerd so the only similar real-world thing I know of is FIRST which runs from elementary to high school.

Kanos posted:

"In order to adapt to the globalized society, develop cross-disciplinary talents, foster a sense of independence among students, and realize autonomy of the student bodies, it was necessary for education to be conducted on water. [...] That, and for the benefit of the industries."
Schoolships were around since at least the Romans.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The school ship stuff comes from the third OVA.

I'm more curious about why there are so many bombed-out buildings in the last episode.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

Step aside pushovers.

There is no conclusive backstory. Simple. Senshadou/Panzerfahren/Tankery and the school ships are explicitly stated as being developed and constructed- not adapted from real tanks and warships. There are efforts to say that Tankery is different from war. It's also stated that the Leopon was a failure of a weapon, implying it was used in real war. They straight up say that it's weird for a man to drive a tank despite making references to the heroic tactics of Rommel and Guderian. The JSDF is also a thing, with new tanks being developed such as the instructor's Type 10, but only vehicles before 1945 can participate in the national tournament (for the Japanese league at least). Any attempt to make a singular timeline is an exercise in futility.

I just pray that this franchise extends well into the next decade and we get some in-depth lore going.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ScottyWired posted:

Step aside pushovers.

There is no conclusive backstory. Simple. Senshadou/Panzerfahren/Tankery and the school ships are explicitly stated as being developed and constructed- not adapted from real tanks and warships. There are efforts to say that Tankery is different from war. It's also stated that the Leopon was a failure of a weapon, implying it was used in real war. They straight up say that it's weird for a man to drive a tank despite making references to the heroic tactics of Rommel and Guderian. The JSDF is also a thing, with new tanks being developed such as the instructor's Type 10, but only vehicles before 1945 can participate in the national tournament (for the Japanese league at least). Any attempt to make a singular timeline is an exercise in futility.

I just pray that this franchise extends well into the next decade and we get some in-depth lore going.

Yes, i look forward to the day when there is a gritty reboot where the girls are in real war against real russia and katyusha has to make a hard choice of who to fight for

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

The Monkey Man posted:

The school ship stuff comes from the third OVA.

I'm more curious about why there are so many bombed-out buildings in the last episode.

The area is owned by the Senshadou National League, meaning it has been used for previous tournaments.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

Yes, i look forward to the day when there is a gritty reboot where the girls are in real war against real russia and katyusha has to make a hard choice of who to fight for

Funnily all the girls are Japanese. Saunders, Pravda, Kuromorimine, St Gloriana and Anzio are Japanese teams but for the sake of making the show interesting they gave each school a nation fetish.

Head canon: they want compatible vehicles to reduce maintenance costs.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

One question, do you think it will ever be possible to play the Vita game in English? Is it text heavy in case I want to import it?

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

One question, do you think it will ever be possible to play the Vita game in English? Is it text heavy in case I want to import it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-vTGBcuFA
Well I can read the basic kana and there's some engrish so:
Triangle- Zoom in
Circle- Zoom out

But it looks crappy anyway just play WoT lol

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

its very easy to play without knowing japanese. Its a lovely game though

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Fauxtool posted:

its very easy to play without knowing japanese. Its a lovely game though

BUT WHAT IF IT HAS LORE IM MISSING

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

BUT WHAT IF IT HAS LORE IM MISSING

it has none, you are just playing missions from the anime. You would be missing it unless you speak Japanese anyways.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

So is someone actually going to rip the OVA from PSN or am I going to be stuck with sweet Japanese online streaming site 480p.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

dont worry guis i got dis

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Video clip from the OVA (spoilers): http://a.pomf.se/vceuaa.webm
Now this is senshado

aers posted:

So is someone actually going to rip the OVA from PSN or am I going to be stuck with sweet Japanese online streaming site 480p.
Just buy the 720p from Bandai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Oh B-ch is like 99% SD so I just assume they don't have 720p on things.

• Locked thread