Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
It's gotta be hard to combat feature creep when half the bugs would be pretty cool features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
Some useful comments from Daniel, our CEO, over at Bay 12:

quote:

(on target date for early access) Still this summer. Very much this summer.

We were waiting until we hit that exponential rate of content submission, and we're there. We've got a good roadmap for where we're going, and we finally have a great technology base to be able to take advantage of early access player input.

At this point, we're just making sure that the initial content is deep enough, and the gameplay is smooth enough, that you'll feel like you bought a real game that you can play and have a good time with as soon as you buy it, in addition to the early access benefits of helping us test, suggest, and vote on features.

quote:

I'm just hoping we succeed at that in as many peoples' eyes as we can! It's hard not to over-promise when you're really excited about a game you're making :D

We've started adding changelogs to the blog posts as proof that we can and will provide constant, substantive additions and balances to the game once early access is out, so even for the people who buy the game and are disappointed in the current status (which we'll do our best to explicitly outline), they'll know that we're working very hard on it, and they can point us at the parts of our roadmap that they want to see first.

Today's bug: an Aurochs got stuck in a carpentry workshop and was unable to leave. Possibly in response to this, the overseer (recently seen hanging out with cultists in search of forbidden knowledge) renamed his carpentry workshop to "The Unfortunate Grinding Teeth Company".

nvining
May 30, 2011

I need four brave volunteers to play the @#$@ out of this thing this weekend.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I will totally play the @#$@ out of a thing this weekend.

[Edit] Steam profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/madfriaravelyn/

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 5, 2014

Gunner3579
Jul 25, 2008

nvining posted:

I'm up for that!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gunner3579/

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

nvining posted:

Off all weekend and would totally play for the glory of His Imperial Majesty.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/deathbychickens/

Death by Chickens fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 5, 2014

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nvining posted:

I'll try it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cryle

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

nvining posted:

I'm up for sure

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/mokinokaro

EDIT: Welp, looks like I'm fifth. Have fun guys.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I was going to volunteer but alas, poor understanding of time and temporality have meant that I essentially am trapped in a Temporal Sexagonic Neoplatonic Non-Solid posting backwards in time to when I am still too late to get a coveted spot.

Any idea if this will happen again any time soon?

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
I am game to volunteer, this game has had my attention for quite a while.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: Welp, looks like I'm fifth. Have fun guys.

I'm more likely to pick people for stuff who are actually folks I know (for instance, I don't mind giving it to Mr. Mad Friar, who I know from the Bad old Dredmor Days as a Good Tester) So you are meted for consideration.

nvining fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 5, 2014

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It's the gentlemanly thing then (as it would be in the Colonies,) to thank you then whether or not I am ultimately chosen.

EDIT: \/ that IS a brilliant idea. Especially if the article is something really mundane looking

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 5, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And then murder him to obtain that which you covet? And then be murdered in turn by someone else coveting it?

Oh, there is a good one. An artifact that does absolutely nothing except make others willing to do anything to obtain it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And then murder him to obtain that which you covet? And then be murdered in turn by someone else coveting it?

Oh, there is a good one. An artifact that does absolutely nothing except make others willing to do anything to obtain it.

A cow creamer

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Code_of_the_Woosters

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 5, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Ceciltron posted:

Any idea if this will happen again any time soon?

I can't and wouldn't be able to say if I knew for sure but as Nvining quoted they are really pushing for EA this summer. I would expect a steady flow of fresh meat for the cubulizer to make sure any kinks get worked out.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

LtSmash posted:

I would expect a steady flow of fresh meat for the cubulizer to make sure any kinks get worked out.

Be warned though, some may just be used for construction material rather than testers.

EDIT: Especially for Steam. The secret the Elder Gaben does not reveal is that his infernal distribution platform is fueled by sanguine.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 5, 2014

nvining
May 30, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

A cow creamer

Bah, drat thing is probably Modern Dutch, anyway. T'chah!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well perhaps a goon beta might be in order closer to release.

Also put me on whatever list you probably aren't keeping.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 5, 2014

nvining
May 30, 2011

MadFriarAvelyn and Mokinokaro, do you guys want to shoot me an e-mail at [first name].[last name]@gaslampgames.com?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'd be up for playing a fair bit of video games this weekend.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I know it's a long shot but hey I have nothing but time this weekend.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hello please let me test your video game.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I will redouble my efforts in sacrificing chickens to test.

Or maybe I need to step up my game....

Any of you fine gentleman want to come out to my place these weekend. I need you guys to tell me how my chloroform smells.

Orv
May 4, 2011
One of these days I won't sleep through someone asking for goon testers.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I miss every one of these too

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
Early Access will be soon enough.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

For the 4th here is a colonist celebrating with the two most American things on the frontier. A huge piece of meat and a huge piece.

(posted with permission, you can't have my testing slot)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

nvining posted:

MadFriarAvelyn and Mokinokaro, do you guys want to shoot me an e-mail at [first name].[last name]@gaslampgames.com?

Sent.

(Something is calling from the deep...it compels me)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Skyl3lazer posted:

I miss every one of these too

Give it to this guy.

I'd vote for myself but I'm really picky about games and would probably sperg the gently caress out over some UI decision or the way you arranged your industry trees and decide I hated it on the spot.

unless that's what you look for in a tester

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'm jobless and have lots of time!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm jobless, have lots of time, and have a terrible computer so you can adjust your low end appropriately!

But I'm not very good at ticketing. I'll carefully test things to try and recreate a crash or bug, then post about it like, in the comments of a youtube video or an unrelated thread.

e: That's hyperbole, I've made decent bug posts in actual game threads. If given proper instructions, I can follow them.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 5, 2014

nvining
May 30, 2011

A choice piece of entertaining Tester Flotsam:

quote:

New strange behavior. Colonist will pick up plans of wood, walk one step, put them down, then pick them up, and repeat.

Update: Ida Mudd has now placed the planks in the middle of the field and is staring at them, disregarding all hunger or outside stimuli. These are apparently very special planks.

Update 2: Ida has died, but refuses to stop standing and staring intently at the planks.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
This game has better bugs than Dwarf Fortress, and that game had geese laying iron chairs. That's saying something.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Gooses and Geeses posted:

This game has better bugs than Dwarf Fortress, and that game had geese laying iron chairs. That's saying something.

StarkRavingMad also apparently built an invisible kitchen this morning.

*sigh* gonna be a fun weekend.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

nvining posted:

It only appeared invisible. In truth it was merely non-euclidean, like the Beyond section of your local Bed, Bath and Beyond (never venture beyond the towels. That way madness lies.)

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

nvining posted:

*sigh* gonna be a fun weekend.

I'm a little sad you're not just chalking that up to working as intended. Seems to fit.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Admiral Funk and Tuxedo Catfish: Care to join us in the Pool of Fun?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I have posted in this thread once and it was a post about a different game but I will test the poo poo out of this game whenever it is needed.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Oh is it too late to ask the nice man if I can test too? I hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I remember seeing the initial trailer for this on RPS a long time ago (2 years :stare:), and it really appealed to me, then I forgot it existed until now. Given the early access release is soon ish, does anyone know how it will be priced?

• Locked thread