Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I leave the finer details up to the people actually doing those parts but in general the back team are either busting in quietly immediately or however they want after things go to poo poo, and outside team is keeping an eye on whether JP turns up or if suddenly an entire horde of vampires appears.

Positioning's really up to Xylo but presumably we parked in somewhere that the club can't see the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
The SUV's in a parking lot down the street where other club-goers parked, presumably. If you guys want to park somewhere away from other club goers or somewhere away from everyone, you'll need to tell me so, and also find somewhere for the outside team to wait/observe.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Presumably he'd have a clear line of sight for upstairs. Anyway assuming everyone's ready for this plan to totally backfire...

Also, yes, Doug can see the upstairs area, but it's also a blur due to the people partying up on the balcony obscuring the view of the office.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Selene and Marvin are going in the front, Boon and Alf are going in the back, Swires is waiting outside as backup for whichever side needs it.

Raj, Doug, Jarrod, which team are you guys joining? You're all also in easy radio range, keep in mind. Also, there's still one healing apple, who's got that?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Captain Pissweak posted:

Presumably he'd have a clear line of sight for upstairs. Anyway assuming everyone's ready for this plan to totally backfire...

Marvin spends a gnosis to activate the mindlink power with Selene and heads toward the bouncer.

"Hey mate, got a meeting planned with your boss, one Mr Jet. He's expecting us. Got some great plans for this dancer and the rest of her troupe here. He's thinking of spicing the place up a little, give the people some more of what they really want." He winks.

Marvin apologises through the mindlink.

Selene accepts the mental apology, trying to ignore how weird it is to be engaging in telepathy. *"Just hope they don't ask me to actually dance, I've got two left feet unless I'm kicking someone with them."*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

Selene and Marvin are going in the front, Boon and Alf are going in the back, Swires is waiting outside as backup for whichever side needs it.

Raj, Doug, Jarrod, which team are you guys joining? You're all also in easy radio range, keep in mind. Also, there's still one healing apple, who's got that?

Raj wants to be on the lookout team, so he'll be with Swires. He last had the apple, but can pass it to someone else. Like Marvin!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I'm going to go in the back

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Captain Pissweak posted:

Marvin spends a gnosis to activate the mindlink power with Selene and heads toward the bouncer.

"Hey mate, got a meeting planned with your boss, one Mr Jet. He's expecting us. Got some great plans for this dancer and the rest of her troupe here. He's thinking of spicing the place up a little, give the people some more of what they really want." He winks.

Marvin apologises through the mindlink.

When you first start talking he looks like he's about to shove you back and tell you to get lost, but when you get to "dancer" he tenses. He says through clenched teeth. "Mr. Jet wants to see you, in his office immediately." He lets you two pass.

--------//-------

Jarrod, Alf, and Boon go around the back. The tail end of the line to get in can be seen on the far end of the building. The back door is no longer propped open, and it's locked from the inside.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod runs back to the car. "Oi, Buggy. Got a lock I need opened!"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin heads inside the building and looks around for the stairs to Jet's office. He resists the urge to stop at the bar for a spell.

Probably too expensive for his blood anyway.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I'm too sleepy to do a new MSpaint, so here's the old one.

There's like a hundred goth kids dancing, several bartenders and several servers running around (I don't know what they're called in nightclubs). Loud industrial music is playing, flashing lights, fog, girls dancing in cages, you know the drill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Loud industrial music is playing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBi8U9hJy-E

quote:

flashing lights, fog, girls dancing in cages, you know the drill.

Struth!
_____/

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

bell jar posted:

Jarrod runs back to the car. "Oi, Buggy. Got a lock I need opened!"

"Ok, but you're on your own once inside. Got to stay with the car in the likely event that we'll need a hasty exit." Buggy gets out of the car and follows Jarrod.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Doug is in the support group outside where he can observe easily. He moves around the side of the building to see if he can get a better view of the upstairs rooms.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wait you're with Boon, Jarrod and I or with Buggy and Raj protecting the car?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

Wait you're with Boon, Jarrod and I or with Buggy and Raj protecting the car?

Raj at the car

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Splode posted:

Raj at the car

There are no windows

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

There are no windows

He has a blindfold that lets him see through walls. You made it for him.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

XyloJW posted:

He has a blindfold that lets him see through walls. You made it for him.

It's early morning and I'm hungover as hell :(

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
It is America day, I'm drunk and running on 3 hours sleep, no excuses, punkass

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

When Jarrod returns with Swires Alf waves the walkie at him. "Hope you enjoyed the exercise!"

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Swires fiddles with the lock for a moment, and the door glides open.

Gnosis (4) difficulty 8. 1 success.

Boon, Alf, Jarrod, you hear the busy sounds of washing dishes, and the thumping bass of the dance club. Every minute or so the music gets drastically louder, as the door to the dance floor is opened by an employee passing back and forth.

-----//-----

Selene, Marvin, the bouncer is gesturing for you to go upstairs.

-----//-----

Doug starts moving into position to get a view of the upstairs.

-----//-----

Raj you suddenly wonder just how do they cram all that graham.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj is going to cram all that graham right up JP's rear end if he catches sight of him!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Raj is unable to cram graham. Wendigo suggests maybe two sumo wrestlers?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin heads upstairs and knocks, waiting just outside the door for an invitation in.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
"Annnnd Bob's your uncle." Buggy returns to the car, a job well done.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Coincidentally, Doug moves into position. He now has a clear view of just the office area. He sees 3 figures up there who aren't moving back and forth between the balcony and the stairway.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Marvin heads upstairs and knocks, waiting just outside the door for an invitation in.

Almost immediately, the door opens. A steely-eyed tall bald man in a suit with sunglasses beckons you and Selene in.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug radios this information to anyone who's listening on the radios, and briefly raises his blindfold to see if anyone is sneaking up on him from behind.

Doug then moves so that he can see the staff-only rooms without the fuzzy mess of the dancefloor obscuring everything

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Uh, okay, who has their radios on? Did Marvin and Selene have their radios on? How about the people sneaking in the back?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Uh, okay, who has their radios on? Did Marvin and Selene have their radios on? How about the people sneaking in the back?

Alf has his on because he sarcastically waved it in front of Jarrod.

Can we see the whole kitchen area (except the washroom) from the doorway? If so how many people are there?

hambeet fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 7, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
It's just cracked now. You peak in, and there're 5 or so people back there doing various things related to running a nightclub.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj has a radio, and tells Doug he can keep an eye out for him while he's got the blindfold on.

If Doug needs to move away from the car to get a good view, Raj will stick with Doug rather than Swires.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I ask is it on, because either it's on and people around may hear it, or it's off and you don't hear it. It's a hand-held radio, though, so it's not like it's a comm-bead.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well i was thinking of leaving it on because everyone won't hear it over the sounds of the fire..

they probably wont care about it at that point either.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf hears Doug's report about the people moving up stairs correct timeframe so far? and then thinking it's too loud, turns it off. Alf gestures to Boon and Jarrod that there are 5 people inside using crazy combat hand language he learnt back in Vietnam.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

I assume we have them off so that there's no inadvertent "hey so we murdered all the bar staff, did you figure out what the vampire wanted and tear his heart out yet" in the middle of the conversation. :v:

Marvin steps into the room, I presume the big guy is just another bouncer / thrall, and wait for Jet to start conversation.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf also tries to detect if the 5 staff in the kitchen really are ghouls.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Selene has her radio, tucked under her top and clipped to her belt. Turned off for the moment.

Taking a look around the room in an appreciative fashion, Selene tries to figure out the best escape route. Is there a window?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Okay, Doug radios and everyone immediately turns their radios off. Awesome. :getin:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Boon nods, understanding Alf's hand gestures thanks to a Cricket Australia team building event once held at a paintballing range run by a crazy veteran.

"What's the signal to take them out?" he hisses into Alf's ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Okay. The tall Hitman-esque guy steps aside, and you both enter the small office. He shuts the door behind you. Though neither of you saw how Alf tore it up, it doesn't appear ransacked. The only way in or out of the room is through the bouncer and door behind you, and ahead of you through the window onto the dance floor--through Jet.

Behind the desk sits Jet.

Yes, he's dressed exactly like that.

He looks up at you. "We got us a lot to talk about. First things first: Where's Rob?"

• Locked thread