Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Kirk Johnson posted:

If you drink soda, try not drinking it for a while - like six months at least - and then come back to it and have a can of Coke. It will blow your loving mind. You probably won't be able to finish it but you'll marvel at how people can drink that poo poo liters at a time.

yeah i quit soda now it tastes good but i dont drink it because it makes me feel ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Kirk Johnson posted:

If you drink soda, try not drinking it for a while - like six months at least - and then come back to it and have a can of Coke. It will blow your loving mind. You probably won't be able to finish it but you'll marvel at how people can drink that poo poo liters at a time.
humans can't survive that long without thirst-quenching, moron

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kirk Johnson posted:

i'm sure you never drink anything with lots of calories

naem
May 29, 2011

A misanthrope posted:

naem do you have cancer :ohdear:

No I was running a bunch to burn calories and other healthy crap and hit a plateau where I couldn't drop weight, then went "duh sugar" and it was like magic

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Kirk Johnson posted:

that's dumb because what are people supposed to drink if they don't drink soda?

you can't go six months without drinking anything

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

echronorian posted:

This is true.

I drink a 1 liter over the course of about three weeks and feel bad about it because I know it's terrible. But imma do it anyway.

do you have some kind of crazy grip that you can reseal that bottle cap onto the bottle perfectly? no matter what, if I buy a liter or 2 liter of pop and sit it in the fridge after opening it, it starts to go flat in a week. and the carbonation is capital when it comes to pop

naem
May 29, 2011

A misanthrope posted:

that's dumb because what are people supposed to drink if they don't drink soda?

you can't go six months without drinking anything

Um water? Diet soda

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

naem posted:

Um water? Diet soda

is water a new kind of soda?

sounds gross

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
beer is like a hundred calories apiece even for budweiser

for like, ales and belgian poo poo it approaches 300 calories apiece. you can cut out a lot of calories just by not drinking. people are so stupid for taking in unnecessary calories like that!!

naem
May 29, 2011

It's got electrolytes

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A misanthrope posted:

is water a new kind of soda?

sounds gross

soda water the stuff the syrup goes in when u get pop out of a fountain

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

Effectronica posted:

i'm sure you never drink anything with lots of calories

Beer but that's about it.

And I can do that by A: being physically active and B: not using beer as a solution to being thirsty, which is what fats and poors use soda for. The problem here is moderation: you can have something high in calories once in a while, sure, but it shouldn't be your go-to thing for when you actually need fluids - that's what water's for.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kirk Johnson posted:

Beer but that's about it.

And I can do that by A: being physically active and B: not using beer as a solution to being thirsty, which is what fats and poors use soda for. The problem here is moderation: you can have something high in calories once in a while, sure, but it shouldn't be your go-to thing for when you actually need fluids - that's what water's for.

mhm mhm

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

The Grimace posted:

do you have some kind of crazy grip that you can reseal that bottle cap onto the bottle perfectly? no matter what, if I buy a liter or 2 liter of pop and sit it in the fridge after opening it, it starts to go flat in a week. and the carbonation is capital when it comes to pop

I'm no soda connoisseur but ya it usually sits undrank for the last week before I finally try it again, find it revolting and throw the rest away. I mostly drink ginger ail or Ruby red squirt and I think it might last longer.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah soda is super bad for you man!!! *drinks 10 cups of coffee a day*

Anyway Pepsi has started selling real sugar soda in bottles at Publix, I got some and it's noticeably way better

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Alexzandvar posted:

yeah soda is super bad for you man!!! *drinks 10 cups of coffee a day*

Anyway Pepsi has started selling real sugar soda in bottles at Publix, I got some and it's noticeably way better

real sugar has long been a secret of us soda cognoscenti. once you start drinking sodas with real sugar it's impossible to go back to hfcs.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
That cart full of soda cost them less than your 1 organic free trade cucumber

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

soda water the stuff the syrup goes in when u get pop out of a fountain

ohhhh now i get it

naem posted:

It's got electrolytes

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
in any case, i dunno why all these fats don't just eat fruits, vegetables, and canned tuna. don't they want to eat optimally?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

naem posted:

Um water? Diet soda

diet soda is just as addicting and i know at least one of those artificial sweeteners stops you from losing weight hth

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

if you're poor and your entire diet isn't literally rice, beans, boiled bones, and lukewarm water, you're complete garbage and a drain on the system

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Wasn't there some study done where they gave diet soda to rats and they grew tits or something?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Also, a lot of store brand soda tastes like someone put their cigarette out in it

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

so does anyone else like cream soda or not? because i think it's like ambrosia

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

precision posted:

every time I'm in the regular grocery store (or Target) I see people whose carts have like, you know, really obvious "we are poor" food in it, tons of ramen, canned meat, that kind of poo poo, but then they also always have like literally $40 worth of name brand soda (usually Mt. Dew or Dr. Pepper or Coke). why? if they need caffeine and sugar so bad, just drink coffee with a lot of sugar in it? and why name brand instead of store brand at least? do they really not realize what a tremendous waste of money it is and they could use that money to like you know get actual people food instead of tinned Vienna sausages?

http://farm.ewg.org/

because

naem
May 29, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

if you're poor and your entire diet isn't literally rice, beans, boiled bones, and lukewarm water, you're complete garbage and a drain on the system

I tried this diet and it made me poop a LOT

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

so does anyone else like cream soda or not? because i think it's like ambrosia

good cream soda is pretty good. have you tried flying cauldron butter beer? it's like cream soda on crack. a bit sweeter but really good.

i usually prefer spicier, darker sodas. world market usually has a decent selection of "artisanal" sodies.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

Ya. And if you're rich and your entire diet is literally fresh seafood, Glenfiddich, quinoa, and fresh vegetables and fruit you're actually healthy and good for the economy.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
it is legit cheaper to buy fast food, than make it your selfs

fast food is king because its a drug

a drug we get obese on

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

echronorian posted:

Ya. And if you're rich and your entire diet is literally fresh seafood, Glenfiddich, quinoa, and fresh vegetables and fruit you're actually healthy and good for the economy.

lobster was prison food once, thats loving hilarious

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

echronorian posted:

remember that fish and fruits/veggies are the best foods for staying slim

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Design Spots posted:

Hell yea. Seafood being expensive is a fishermans trick IMO

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Kirk Johnson posted:

this is going to blow your mind, but by definition everyone has to drink soda for the first time

nearly everyone who tries soda will do so after a period of their life of at least six months when they did not drink soda, unless they have particularly irresponsible parents

people begin drinking soda because it tastes pretty good even if you are not habituated to drink it, the weird mutants who spew wisdom like this aside

you're welcome

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Kirk Johnson posted:

Wasn't there some study done where they gave diet soda to rats and they grew tits or something?

My wife drinks diet soda all the time and has huge titties, but is super slim and toned everywhere else.

I guess what I'm trying to say is life is awesome for me.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

LifeSizePotato posted:

have you tried flying cauldron butter beer? it's like cream soda on crack. a bit sweeter but really good.

no but i will now. ima order some.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Design Spots posted:

it still is a poverty food where its accessible. the reason its so expensive is because lobster is absolutely terrible after its been dead for a couple hours, so most of the expense is the logistics and shipping of live animals as opposed to dead ones.

also, the old prison food lobster i think was pretty much a bunch of lobsters thrown into a pot, boiled, and then mashed up into a paste, shells and all.

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Making a giant pot of chilli or something and splitting it into batches and freezing it is cheap as gently caress, as is rice. Fatties talking about how they only have time to make chicken nuggets is just another example of their laziness (which is why they're fat).

(And poor.)

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
A thread by Todd Marinovich, age 15

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

naem do you have cancer :ohdear:

Local goon cures cancer with one weird trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Diet soda sucks the calcium straight from yer bones. So drink diet soda to kill that nasty skeleton inside you. gently caress skeletons! They are freaky and poo poo. So Diet Soda it up bitches!

• Locked thread