Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

1stGear posted:

I have posted in this thread once and it was a post about a different game but I will test the poo poo out of this game whenever it is needed.

Part of me would love to but I imagine a lack of posts in this thread is taken as a lack of enthusiasm, which is fine. Just builds anticipation, I suppose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Part of me would love to but I imagine a lack of posts in this thread is taken as a lack of enthusiasm, which is fine. Just builds anticipation, I suppose!

Yeah, I honestly didn't start lurking this thread till a few months ago and I just haven't really thought up anything to post. There are plenty of people who deserve testing more than I do.

'sides, sounds like it won't be long before its on Early Access anyway so its all a bit academic at this point. :shobon:

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

1stGear posted:

'sides, sounds like it won't be long before its on Early Access anyway so its all a bit academic at this point. :shobon:

Yes.

Devs, please spell out the Early Release date in dodo corpses or severed limbs. That'd be grand.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Unless the game has advanced a lot in the last two weeks I've been unable to play, it still isn't ready for early access. Hold your horses folks.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

nvining posted:

Admiral Funk and Tuxedo Catfish: Care to join us in the Pool of Fun?

Love to; what do need us to do?

(Forgive me if I'm being slow, been awake for like 20 hours.)

edit: I think I figured it out.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 5, 2014

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I've been lurking for months but I don't really want to test the game anyway, I want the game completed and polished to a high sheen and right here on my computer. Surely there are some sort of friendly 4th dimensional entities that can just sort of pluck the finished game from a little further down the timeline and install it for me, what's it take to make a deal my good fellows? Got my urchin-stabbing knife all sharp and ready to go. :buddy:

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Notorious QIG posted:

Unless the game has advanced a lot in the last two weeks I've been unable to play, it still isn't ready for early access. Hold your horses folks.

My horses are eight foot tall, breathe fire, are partially invisible and are planning to summon some form of demon.

They cannot be held.

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

Notorious QIG posted:

I will note that there have been two fairly major releases in the last two weeks. REV23, in particular, seems to have helped the stability and general logjamminess a lot; still, it'll be useful to see the new Initial Impressions.

Remind me why you can't play again? I'm going senile and am organizing too many testers.

EDIT: MadFriarAvelyn has now basically sent me the best list of "first impressions" ever. I'm not crying because I'm laughing too much.

nvining fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 5, 2014

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
I would like to suggest that I be allowed to test this game, because it sounds funny.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

nvining posted:

EDIT: MadFriarAvelyn has now basically sent me the best list of "first impressions" ever. I'm not crying because I'm laughing too much.

Can you share any of the best bits with us? Everything so far tends towards hilarious.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

nvining posted:

I will note that there have been two fairly major releases in the last two weeks. REV23, in particular, seems to have helped the stability and general logjamminess a lot; still, it'll be useful to see the new Initial Impressions.

Remind me why you can't play again? I'm going senile and am organizing too many testers.

I'm away from my computer. I'm literally sitting at an airport gate phoneposting at the moment, I can play again next week. Send my apologies to the Dark One Who Waits In Silence.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Notorious QIG posted:

I'm away from my computer. I'm literally sitting at an airport gate phoneposting at the moment, I can play again next week. Send my apologies to the Dark One Who Waits In Silence. Gooses and Geeses can have my spot. I am very kind and generous and this is totally not a shameful edit of a quote by a sad man. :v:

That is very kind of you.

Gooses and Geeses fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 5, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

nvining posted:

StarkRavingMad also apparently built an invisible kitchen this morning.

*sigh* gonna be a fun weekend.

To be fair, it was a very nice invisible kitchen.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Will touch screen be a viable option? I'm one of the idiots who use a surface pro

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I've sent my confirmation. Life will never be the same.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

StarkRavingMad posted:

To be fair, it was a very nice invisible kitchen.

I love how perfect your name is for this game. :allears:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I love how perfect your name is for this game. :allears:

Believe me, you have no idea :v:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gooses and Geeses posted:

That is very kind of you.

You know not what you do

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

nvining posted:

That's a pretty heavy thing to say. The one we got a couple weeks ago had me in tears.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Notorious QIG posted:

Nvining has been weeping tears of sweat and coffee into the code for the last two weeks. Its come a long way and despite out best efforts to break his will he's still at it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LtSmash posted:

Nvining has been weeping tears of sweat and coffee into the code for the last two weeks. Its come a long way and despite out best efforts to break his will he's still at it.

That's good to hear, I look forward to giving the newest version a spin soon.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Long shot but I'd love to play this game. I'd also love to say I have experience testing games but I do not, unless owning 20 different types of steam release alphas is testing.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I'm heading over to Vancouver in a couple weeks. Any chance I get to meet Willy Wonka?

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

Gibbo posted:

I'm heading over to Vancouver in a couple weeks. Any chance I get to meet Willy Wonka?

Drop me a line, we'll see what we can do.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
I would be happy to help test but I can see you have plenty of people willing to help already. I will just pick it up when it launches with early access.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Posting just that you want to test is probably less productive than posting additional hat styles they should add. That would keep the artists busy and avoid a repeat of the cosplay incident.

My vote is for this kind of hat but with dodos, aurochs, fishmen, and the various horrors best left unspoken.

Gibbo posted:

Get ready!

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

nvining posted:

StarkRavingMad also apparently built an invisible kitchen this morning.

*sigh* gonna be a fun weekend.
Weavers have to eat, too. Presumably. Actually, do they?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

LtSmash posted:

My vote is for this kind of hat but with dodos, aurochs, fishmen, and the various horrors best left unspoken.

Please cancel the game and instead just make dodo, auroch, and fishman plush hats for my hat-wearing pleasure, sirs.

Also, please add me to the list of people to attempt to test the game. My computer is crap, so you'll get some valuable data from my tales of woe from attempting to install it.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
If we can have plush diggles then we drat well better have plush fishpeople. I want its adorable microfiber face to scream in anguish over its empty plush nest.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea where I put my stuffed diggle. I'm gonna find him and put him back up by my monitor.

Can we have plush meatblocks?

eonwe fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 6, 2014

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I don't have internet for the foreseeable future but I would rob a bank to get hooked up if I could somehow play this game. In other words, don't release early access soon or you may end up with me in prison, and that's just not nice. Either that pure I'll have to download it on my phone and transfer it to my combo and I'll have to pay the overage on my bill due to already being over my 2 gig limit for the month, which would also lead to my eventual incarceration sure to bank robbery. Maybe I could start a cult to the old gods in prison though... *whispers of the horrors between the world*

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

deathbagel posted:

I don't have internet for the foreseeable future but I would rob a bank to get hooked up if I could somehow play this game. In other words, don't release early access soon or you may end up with me in prison, and that's just not nice. Either that pure I'll have to download it on my phone and transfer it to my combo and I'll have to pay the overage on my bill due to already being over my 2 gig limit for the month, which would also lead to my eventual incarceration sure to bank robbery. Maybe I could start a cult to the old gods in prison though... *whispers of the horrors between the world*
Why don't you just go to a McDonald's or a coffee shop and download it on their wifi? (still probably won't work since it's Steam)

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I have no idea where I put my stuffed diggle. I'm gonna find him and put him back up by my monitor.

Can we have plush meatblocks?

Wait, there were stuffed diggles? I would have totally bought one.

I also volunteer my soul for testing. (Also, since I've only mostly lurked in this thread since it was put up, I suspect this is pointless).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Not only were there stuffed diggles, the early buyers got little diggle drawings on cardstock. Mine was two diggles in togas, one bleeding on the ground, with "Et tu, Digglus?"

Also they used to have this kickin' rad SKOL lutefisk cube shirt but they don't sell it now :(

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.

oddium posted:

Not only were there stuffed diggles, the early buyers got little diggle drawings on cardstock. Mine was two diggles in togas, one bleeding on the ground, with "Et tu, Digglus?"

Also they used to have this kickin' rad SKOL lutefisk cube shirt but they don't sell it now :(

I got "Dignan the barbarian knows the answer to the riddle of steel". I have it hanging above my computer. Digsby himself is at work to protect himself from cats - he spends his day with a bust of Geralt of Rivia, there for the same reason.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

Why don't you just go to a McDonald's or a coffee shop and download it on their wifi? (still probably won't work since it's Steam)

I live in a tiny town in Nevada, I don't know if our McDonalds has wifi and I know none of the other local restaurants have it... there is a bar that I have a password to but like you said, I'm not sure I can register it on steam on my phone.

I will find a way though, even of I have to start a cult to do it!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Actual IRL meatbricks :3:

http://www.cracked.com/article_21199_5-horrifying-things-only-garbagemen-know-about-you_p2.html

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

A deer block castle does sound like a place I'd want to live!

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I wouldn't want to be near to it during summer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

deathbagel posted:

A deer block castle does sound like a place I'd want to live!

I say now, just what are we to do with all of these orphans if Her Majesty's subjects are swayed by such gauche and obviously Foreign architectural notions.

• Locked thread