Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Cythereal posted:

I think my Rogue Trader game has hit peak... something. During a lull between major story arcs, having finished obtaining gene-seed samples from the Flesh Tearers, Carcharodons, and a couple homebrew chapters for the Space Wolves, the group has decided that they will seek out Illuminor Szeras to obtain his help in bio-transferring the group's tech-priest into a Necron body. He's madly in love with the lady Cryptek who's been helping the PCs out since almost the beginning of the game and proposed to her at the end of the last session. She agreed on the condition that he leave behind the remnants of flesh, and the group thinks it's all adorable so they're on a quest for the one person in the galaxy who can help with this.

man some of the random objectives are really weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Cythereal posted:

I think my Rogue Trader game has hit peak... something. During a lull between major story arcs, having finished obtaining gene-seed samples from the Flesh Tearers, Carcharodons, and a couple homebrew chapters for the Space Wolves, the group has decided that they will seek out Illuminor Szeras to obtain his help in bio-transferring the group's tech-priest into a Necron body. He's madly in love with the lady Cryptek who's been helping the PCs out since almost the beginning of the game and proposed to her at the end of the last session. She agreed on the condition that he leave behind the remnants of flesh, and the group thinks it's all adorable so they're on a quest for the one person in the galaxy who can help with this.

Considering Szeras is specifically trying to get the opposite accomplished, I look forward to your group having to battle the body of your comrade with a Necontyr mind and advanced weaponry while the "human" mind gets transferred to a base Warrior chassis and is enslaved forever to the Cryptek's cause. Also a Necron with a continued sense of sex is either insane or lying, so I look forward to that wedding. :allears:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Well she's clearly insane. All Necrons are.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Our rogue trader game with Cataphract DMing had our gang at a dinner party trying chaos tainted meals and Cataphract's wife suggested he cook some of the delicacies for us to try. It was awful.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Well everyone is on the mega nob train, ebay is a barren wasteland

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I wrote up a version of my list that dropped my lootas, big mek, and one buggy from each squad to fit in a third meganobs-in-wagon for Bully Boyz. Not sure if that's good idea or not; I'll need to playtest!

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

CyberLord XP posted:

Conversion time. The army of too many buggies is a go!

That's not all of them I think I'll have at least 30 when all is said and done.
That's way too many buggies to convert. Let me be helpful and take some of those off your hands and the attendant troubles off your back, friend! :tipshat:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I thought Destroyer weapons ignored cover saves and did tons of damage to vehicles? I still don't have a 7th edition rulebook so I am behind the times.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I use a Typhon with my Death Guard. It's, to me, a great use of points...but probably not for what you want it for. I love it, and it's a super-good-looking model, and I think it could relatively reliably chip a Knight down over a game, but if you're even considering fighting Titans I would prefer a Falchion. I think it's important to note they're pretty significantly different in terms of points cost (mostly that you can't bring a Fellblade into 2k point games). Have you looked at a Cerberus? It's not a blast but it is Primary Weapon D3 at S10 AP1 and if you pen with it, whatever you hit can only Snap Shot, for the cost of a really-blinged-out Land Raider.

I usually use the 40k force org since I mostly play 30k in 40k and I figure it would be for fun games anyway. I love the Typhoon (who doesn't like a giant rear end vindicator for about 350 points), but I think I can do the same thing, for less points, using Medusas. The Cerbrus and Sicaran Venator look like decent AT options, but are kinda spendy. I'm thinking I'd rock the Flachion if somebody decided to bring tons of knights or other big LOW (albiet a knight lancer might be a better option).

What about the Glave? Anybody use that? That guy is probably my second favorite Fellblade model.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Where are the pics of the foam titan? Wanna see dat.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I thought Destroyer weapons ignored cover saves and did tons of damage to vehicles? I still don't have a 7th edition rulebook so I am behind the times.

I usually use the 40k force org since I mostly play 30k in 40k and I figure it would be for fun games anyway. I love the Typhoon (who doesn't like a giant rear end vindicator for about 350 points), but I think I can do the same thing, for less points, using Medusas. The Cerbrus and Sicaran Venator look like decent AT options, but are kinda spendy. I'm thinking I'd rock the Flachion if somebody decided to bring tons of knights or other big LOW (albiet a knight lancer might be a better option).

What about the Glave? Anybody use that? That guy is probably my second favorite Fellblade model.

Destroyer weapons deal various amounts of HP per hit (I thought Superheavies had a rule to ignore this but it seems not). 6s to wound with D weapons ignore all saves.

The Glaive is hilariously expensive and despite it's cool main weapon probably not worth the cost. You're paying over 600 points for a S8 AP2 weapon that isn't offering you any super heavy killing utility.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Hollismason posted:

Where are the pics of the foam titan? Wanna see dat.

I posted it last page.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636853&perpage=40#post431969878

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I just had the greatest loving game of warhammer I have ever had.

IG vs Tau. The armies were as follows:
code:
75th "Monty's Marauders" Cadian Regiment

Colonel Montague "Monty" Aurelius: Company Command Squad, powerfist, banner, medpack og vox.

Alpha Company, 3 squads med hver en autocannon, 1 vox.

Bravo Company, 3 squads med hver en lascannon, 1 vox.

"Urban Rats" Veteran Squad med 2 plasma guns, 1 heavy flamer i en Chimera med heavy flamer hull.

"Black Death" Veteran Squad med 2 plasma guns, 1 heavy flamer i en Chimera med heavy flamer hull.

"Monty's Surgeons" Stormtroopers. 6 scions med 2 melta guns.

"Emperors Wrath": Vendetta

"Ol' Faithful": Leman Russ Battle Tank

"Hands off Monty!" Deathstrike Missile Launcher
code:
Hq
Ethereal aun'al Vior'la. He's the boss. The big boss.

Commander. Neuroweb system jammer. Cyclic ion blaster. Airbursting fragmention projector. Stimulant injector. 2 shield droner. 

ELITES
3 Crisis team. 3 plasma, 3 burst cannon. 3 flamer. Abit of everything
3 stealth team. Burst cannons. 

TROOPS
10 Fire warriors. Pulse CARBINES!!
Devilfish. Point defense targeting relay. 

19 kroot. PULSE rounds. krootox!! 
10 fire warriors. Med almindelige rifler. 

FAST ATTACK
9 vespids. Strain leader. 
10 pathfinders. Recon drone. Pulse accelerator drone. 2 ion rifles. 

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 broadside suits. Heavy Rail rifles. Plasma rifles. Velocity tracker. 
Sky Ray missile defense gunship. 

Lowpower warhammer is so fun. I was playing IG, and holy poo poo the game was intense. From a Tau commander that just wouldn't die to a heroic leman russ tank that point blanked 8 kroots followed by 2 battlesuits.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

You are my hero.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

waah posted:

Well everyone is on the mega nob train, ebay is a barren wasteland

Are those Kromlech mega armor orc guys right for mega nobs, or is that a different thing?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They'd be perfect for Warbosses/Ghazy, they're pretty huge.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Destroyer weapons only ignore saves and obliterate everything if you roll a 6 on the damage chart, 2-5 is D3 wounds/hull points with invulnerables and cover saves allowed, and 1 is a goose egg.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Kromlech ones are definitely my favorite: http://bitsofwar.com/home/203-juggernaut-kill-squad.html

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

I love Kromlech. I've bought several different bits / models from them over the years. They can be quite pricey, but the quality is pretty impressive.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
The Green Tide formation seems pretty good if you give the Warboss the Relic Bosspole. 100 fearless orks is pretty neat. You can still buy up to 10 Nobs and give them Klaws, right? And wouldn't 1 Painboy give all 100+ models a 5+ FNP?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Naramyth posted:

e: speaking of Abuse Puppy, do you have pics of your void shield generator? I'll probably want to make one if I keep rolling with the warhound.

This is probably the best pic of I have lying around currently; it was actually a pretty simple build, just a Vengeance Weapons Battery that I put together a plasticard "topper" and added bitz until it looked sufficiently fancy. I think the official model is insanely huge (it's bigger than a Knight), so I'm more than happy to stick with what I've got.

I can try and get some better pics of it if you want; it's semi-painted now, which makes it a little easier to see and all.

BULBASAUR posted:

Speaking of super heavies…

I really like the look of the Falchion Tank Destroyer and am thinking of getting it or the Typhon Siege Tank to hunt titans/imperial knights down the road. Both have 12HP and no shields. The Typhoon has a 48” 7” blast that ignores cover at S10 AP1 and better armor. The Flachion has a 120” twin linked BS4 strength D weapon with a large blast.

For murdering knights and titans is one better than the other? I thought the volcano cannon ignored void shields, but apparently that rule doesn’t exist anymore :(

For reference, a war hound costs 750 points and usually packs x2 twin linked strength D weapons. The Flachion and Typhoon cost ~500 each.

If you're looking for something to kill superheavies, the Falchion is better; Str D "penetrates" on a 2+ and if you get lucky enough to roll a 6, it will basically kill whatever it shot at. The Typhon, on the other hand, is much better at ruining non-superheavy targets and in fact is pretty brutal against them, but needing a 5+ to pen and usually only taking off one HP is not gonna drag down a titan any time soon.

Kaysette posted:

Those daemonhosts piss me off so much after reading Eisenhorn. They should be little MCs that gently caress things up, not wacky random comedy options. Who the gently caress would risk all their poo poo to summon something that dumb??

Chaos is fickle! :downs:

WhiteWolf123 posted:

The Green Tide formation seems pretty good if you give the Warboss the Relic Bosspole. 100 fearless orks is pretty neat. You can still buy up to 10 Nobs and give them Klaws, right? And wouldn't 1 Painboy give all 100+ models a 5+ FNP?

Yeah, you can get ten Nobz in there and give the whole drat thing FNP and all that, but at the end of the day it's still one gigantic, awkward unit that you have to try and shuffle across the table and that can only shoot at one thing. If you multicharge you give up Furious Charge and are probably gonna have your whole front rank stripped away by the multiple Overwatch, meaning you will likely fail the charge. God forbid you find a Wraithknight or something like that because your Boyz are all gonna pile in around it to the point where your Klaws can't get in close and then you're locked up for the rest of the game. Oh, and you don't have Objective Secured, so someone is just gonna wander up a drat Rhino and steal the objective out from under you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The disordered charge rule is the stupidest thing, especially for Orks.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Uhm, doesn't multi-charging only give up the +1 attack? Does furious charge explicitly not work on multiple charges or something?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Destroyer weapons deal various amounts of HP per hit (I thought Superheavies had a rule to ignore this but it seems not). 6s to wound with D weapons ignore all saves.

The Glaive is hilariously expensive and despite it's cool main weapon probably not worth the cost. You're paying over 600 points for a S8 AP2 weapon that isn't offering you any super heavy killing utility.

The Volkite Carronade is cool, and while its D3 hits on Super-Heavies its still kinda eh for that much, I'm praying for a Mechanicus unit with it though.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
Hi I posted in the GBS thread but figured it'd be much better here. Former fantasy player and absolutely do not want to play this game. However I still like to paint the figures and was wondering if anyone could link any good cheap sites for some Orkz? I believe some knock off sites exist and it doesn't have to be 40k. I guess you could say I want a generic version? Thanks guys.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

S.J. posted:

Uhm, doesn't multi-charging only give up the +1 attack? Does furious charge explicitly not work on multiple charges or something?

Neither rage nor furious charge work when the charge is disordered.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

hahahahaha holy poo poo, get hosed orks

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The disordered charge rule is the stupidest thing, especially for Orks.

Every charge by Orks is disordered. :orks101:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Can't wait to play Orks in the 40k LCG coming out soon so I can play a good 40k game :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

So, what's this about Orks and disordered charges? Is that another downside of the Ghaz supplement or something?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Does multi-charging actually happen that often in you folks' games? I basically haven't seen it happen ever in my own games.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also Rampage, for some reason.

JerryLee posted:

Does multi-charging actually happen that often in you folks' games? I basically haven't seen it happen ever in my own games.

No, almost never for me; for one, it's pretty punishing for some unis and for two it's actually really hard to do due to the way to the rules are worded now, 'cause if you CAN touch your primary target, you HAVE to.

HiveCommander posted:

So, what's this about Orks and disordered charges? Is that another downside of the Ghaz supplement or something?

It's specifically in reference to the formations that have "take several units and combine them together" for Orks, like three units of Stormboyz or ten units of Boyz.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Destroyer weapons only ignore saves and obliterate everything if you roll a 6 on the damage chart, 2-5 is D3 wounds/hull points with invulnerables and cover saves allowed, and 1 is a goose egg.

If you get say, 2 hull points stripped with a D weapon, does your opponent need to make cover saves for both or just 1?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Technically what occurs is that you take a penetrating hit that causes d3HP instead of one, so the assumption would be that you take a save against it just like normal (i.e. one roll to negate the whole thing.)

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

BULBASAUR posted:

If you get say, 2 hull points stripped with a D weapon, does your opponent need to make cover saves for both or just 1?

Ah, yeah, I wonder about that--I had a unit of Kanz get hit with a max-level destroyer hit--12 wounds/HP. I just figured all of them moved through all 3 Kanz, even though the Knight only got 1 hit.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

AbusePuppy posted:

Also Rampage, for some reason.

After taking some time off my Eldar to play an assault-oriented Tyranid list(:shepicide:) recently, I sometimes wonder which designer at GW made these rules and how much she or he must despise close combat in the 40k universe. What horrid tabletop trauma could possibly have caused this?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You make the cover save before you roll how much damage it caused.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Ah, yeah, I wonder about that--I had a unit of Kanz get hit with a max-level destroyer hit--12 wounds/HP. I just figured all of them moved through all 3 Kanz, even though the Knight only got 1 hit.

No, there isn't any damage overflow. You could tank 12 wounds on a single model.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

I think someone in the GW design team still has really strong memories of 4th Edition and consolidating into close combat and still keeps basing all their decisions off of the vague memories of what happened back then, because melee has sucked pretty hard for a long time now. Even 6E to 7E there were a bunch of small nerfs to close combat that made it weaker for no apparent reason.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

The Destroyer rules explicitly say this isn't what happens. Each hit may cause multiple wounds/HP, but unless you decide to Look Out, Sir! the extras off of a character, it can only kill one model.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Soulfucker posted:

After taking some time off my Eldar to play an assault-oriented Tyranid list(:shepicide:) recently, I sometimes wonder which designer at GW made these rules and how much she or he must despise close combat in the 40k universe. What horrid tabletop trauma could possibly have caused this?

They lost to an Ork army in 5th edition and decided that was just bullshit.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Soulfucker posted:

I think it was crazy powerful in 2nd? I know that 2nd edition mechanics are why GW still thinks 3 attacks are what makes a powerful close combat unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think it was crazy powerful in 2nd? I know that 2nd edition mechanics are why GW still thinks 3 attacks are what makes a powerful close combat unit.

Melee was pretty OP for about the first 3/4ths of third edition until they started doing the trial assault rules, and then in 4e/5e it was relatively balanced against shooting. The changes in 6e were pretty abrupt and ridiculous.

• Locked thread