Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm going to laugh in disbelief when Aaron gets off. You know some random dude from New England is going to say he's not guilty...

American Justice System at work...

He's on trial for the Odin thing, and then months later he's on trial again for the 2012 double-homicide. It'd take a lot of incompetency for him to walk away from both unscathed and go right back to the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Aaron Hernandez was a pretty good player, but come on, you have to win at least one Superbowl to get a pass on 3 murders.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

Aaron Hernandez was a pretty good player, but come on, you have to win at least one Superbowl to get a pass on 3 murders.

Does that mean Marvin Harrison gets a rain check for two more murders, or just one since he hosed up the first time he tried to kill that dude or w/e.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I was just kidding. Dude has a mountain of charges and will get convicted,

Lo,l at the thought that he will ever play football again.

Yeah, don't kill people.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Even if they spill a drink on you?! This is bullshit

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kalli posted:

I feel that by locking him up now we're unfairly denying him the opportunity to do so

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kalli posted:

The Ray Lewis method.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

quote:

Green Bay Packers team president Mark Murphy told Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com on Thursday that the Packers don't expect to retire Brett Favre's number this year.
So there's still a chance :getin:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

The last thing he needs is to start carrying.

Beiber runs with the wrong crowd.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

n: the Astrodome is finally going to be demolished and turned into a "green space"

v: my snarky side wants to say that the empty lot where Astroworld was is green space enough but the Dome has seen much better days.

When I went to bed last night Houston still had the Dome, Chandler Parsons, and AJ.

Helluva day.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Wanvig posted:

When I went to bed last night Houston still had the Dome, Chandler Parsons, and AJ.

Helluva day.

Next you'll tell me Astroworld is gone too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That's not how red text titles work!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So what happens if Andre doesn't get traded and refuses to play? Does he lose all of his money?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

anime gently caress pillow posted:

So what happens if Andre doesn't get traded and refuses to play? Does he lose all of his money?

If he doesn't show up at all, he doesn't get paid and can even be fined. If he shows up and just half asses it, the Texans will trade him because then the only option is outright cutting him and getting nothing in return.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Rumor is the Packers front office is looking at trading the desiccated corpse of Jermichael Finley and Clay Matthews' frozen sperm to the Texans with a conditional 5th for Andre Johnson.

Rodgers Needs Weapons

Samadhi fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 11, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What are the Titans sending???

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Failure.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Quest For Glory II posted:

What are the Titans sending???

The naming rights to the Oilers.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Petite Dinklage posted:

Rumor is the Packers front office is looking at trading the desiccated corpse of Jermichael Finley and Clay Matthews' frozen sperm to the Texans with a conditional 5th for Andre Johnson.

Rodgers Needs Weapons

Why would finley be an attractive prospect

he's a free agent ffs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah that's a bullshit lazy rumor drat man

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If you're wondering about the Oakland stadium situation which I know you are dying to find out about i've started a mini-effort thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649765

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I remember getting really pissed off when a panther slipped on the dirt in that shithole a few years ago.

and that is my raiders stadium story.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

zimbomonkey posted:

I remember getting really pissed off when a panther slipped on the dirt in that shithole a few years ago.

and that is my raiders stadium story.

Every NFL fan has a personal story about that time they looked up at the TV when the Raiders were on, and went "drat, what a shithole."

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Jesus I guess I'll spend a few hours crafting my next obviously fake trade so I don't offend TFF's sensibilities, gently caress

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Franks Happy Place posted:

Every NFL fan has a personal story about that time they looked up at the TV when the Raiders were on, and went "drat, what a shithole."

I do it every year.

For both Chargers/Raiders games

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

I was just kidding. Dude has a mountain of charges and will get convicted,

Lo,l at the thought that he will ever play football again.

Yeah, don't kill people.

Are you kidding me? He's going to be a Prison Yard Football superstar.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
NFL.com:

quote:

Although four teams have expressed interest in dealing for Andre Johnson, Around The League has maintained that a trade involving the disgruntled wide receiver is highly unlikely.

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain went a step further on Friday, stating flat-out that Johnson will not be traded.

In fact, McClain "guaranteed," via a video posted on the Chronicle's website, that Johnson will be playing for the Texans in Week 1 versus the Redskins.

The Texans realize this is just business, per McClain, and there are no hard feelings toward their franchise icon. But the organization also firmly believes they are better off with Johnson, and they are determined to see him finish his career in a Houston uniform.

From a financial perspective, they don't want to hand over Johnson's $1 million workout bonus or guarantee his 2015 salary for fear of setting a precedent to be used by J.J. Watt's agent in the future.

Unless Johnson legitimately is willing to remove football from his life -- as Carson Palmer did with the Bengals in 2011 -- he lacks any semblance of leverage.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol texans have a point but gently caress em

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

N: “You know what? I think they deserve one.” Jones-Drew said, via Neil Reynolds of BritViewNFL.com.“…I think the fans deserve it and London deserves it because it is a great city.”
V: marry me mjd

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol, the Texans won't have any leverage with Watt and will be backing up the Brinks truck to his house.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lol, the Texans won't have any leverage with Watt and will be backing up the Brinks truck to his house.

If Clowney lives up to expectations... and they draft a decent franchise quarterback in 2015, the Texans will be up against it in 2020, cap-wise. I think that's the first realistic shot any other team will have at signing Watt.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Bro, I can't even decide what I want for lunch. Much less so then what's going to happen in the 2020 offseason.

*we will have awesome television tech and football will look glorious.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bro, I can't even decide what I want for lunch. Much less so then what's going to happen in the 2020 offseason.

*we will have awesome television tech and football will look glorious.

Football will be cancelled because of concussions and we'll all be watching MLS in super hidef.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bort Bortles posted:

Football will be cancelled because of concussions and we'll all be watching MLS in super hidef.

I'd rather die

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chilichimp posted:

If Clowney lives up to expectations... and they draft a decent franchise quarterback in 2015, the Texans will be up against it in 2020, cap-wise. I think that's the first realistic shot any other team will have at signing Watt.

The Texans still have him for two more years and then can franchise him for the following two and still be paying him below his market value

I don't think it'll come to that, but if I'm JJ's agent I'm letting him know this and telling him he should hold out for a long term deal after the 2014 season

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Easy to say for a guy who just signed to play in his Hometown.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

If a team ever went there, they should force all the other teams to fly to Argentina and back every now and again just to keep it fair.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GNU Order posted:

I'd rather die

Ditto. Plus concussions are an issue in soccer and it will get cancelled too :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

• Locked thread