Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Token band members, gotta love em.

Ace of Base had two worthless dudes who didn't sing whatsoever and would just strike poses in their videos. They added nothing.

also Foo Fighters have 3 guitarists for some ridiculous reason

anyways post token band members ya fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
As a bass player I was a token band member, and this thread in honor of my people makes me happy and feel like I didn't waste several years of my life playing bass.

jk, bass is such a waste of time, playing upright bass is even worse

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
don't call me a gently caress dude

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy
Yellowcard has a violinist (lol) for reasons that bewilder me

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Homestar Runner posted:

Token band members, gotta love em.

Ace of Base had two worthless dudes who didn't sing whatsoever and would just strike poses in their videos. They added nothing.

also Foo Fighters have 3 guitarists for some ridiculous reason

anyways post token band members ya fucks

Actually one of the dudes were the one who made like, all of the music and everything. The other guy, however, was a complete rear end in a top hat and didn't contribute anything to the band, but the musician dude was a complete beta male, so the rear end in a top hat got to stay in the band anyway and got super rich. I hope this valuable piece of AoB (Ace of Base) knowledge will be of help.

E; pouring a forty for all the tambourine players out there. You contribute nothing.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Cucking Mama posted:

don't call me a gently caress dude

sorry

lilljonas posted:

Actually one of the dudes were the one who made like, all of the music and everything. The other guy, however, was a complete rear end in a top hat and didn't contribute anything to the band, but the musician dude was a complete beta male, so the rear end in a top hat got to stay in the band anyway and got super rich. I hope this valuable piece of AoB (Ace of Base) knowledge will be of help.

i'm guessing the rear end in a top hat was the dude with the poses. what a gently caress

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i have sessioned as a jaw harp player for many bands, perhaps some you have heard of

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

i'm guessing the rear end in a top hat was the dude with the poses. what a gently caress

Ding ding ding!

ITT: Ace of Base douchebag who also played in a White Power band

Next up in Eurotrash disco mysteries: Aqua - what the hell is up with that blonde spiky haired dude?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

well, i shouldn't do this as i am breaking many nda's, but here is a list of bands i have played in

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

lilljonas posted:

The other guy, however, was a complete rear end in a top hat and didn't contribute anything to the band, but the musician dude was a complete beta male, so the rear end in a top hat got to stay in the band anyway and got super rich.

thats me. im the sup[er rich rear end in a top hat

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lilljonas posted:

Next up in Eurotrash disco mysteries: Aqua - what the hell is up with that blonde spiky haired dude?

Well he wrote all their music, married the lead singer, was the only one of the group with any ounce of real talent and is the only one with a profitable music career today.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i heard music once. seemed ok.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
If the bass player in your band is expendable, it is because bass player plays nothing but root notes and has no creativity whatsoever and therefore your entire band is worthless.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
The king of token band members.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Anyone in U2 who isn't Bono or The Edge

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i thought christopher lee would be a good musician because he had years of training, but it turns out he just sucks and the years of training were worthless

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Don Tacorleone posted:

I don't even know the loving nicknames of the other two guys, who are they? They've been around for like 30 years and nobody knows who they are, what are their names? Does Wikipedia even know? Probably something like The Telephone and Mr. Chartreuse

gently caress U2 is so gay

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don Tacorleone posted:

I don't even know the loving nicknames of the other two guys, who are they? They've been around for like 30 years and nobody knows who they are, what are their names? Does Wikipedia even know? Probably something like The Telephone and Mr. Chartreuse

gently caress U2 is so gay
a quick glance at wikipedia revealed that they're not important enough for nicknames, and they're just called adam and larry

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Don Tacorleone posted:

I have a theory that they switch out the drummer and bass player with roadies during tours and no one notices.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dolphin posted:

a quick glance at wikipedia revealed that they're not important enough for nicknames, and they're just called adam and larry

Token as gently caress

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
The Doobie Brothers had like 3 guitarists, two drummers plus a conga player, two keyboardists, and a vocalist who only sang some songs. They could have done away with half the band and not missed out on anything.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Indy pop bands are the worst though. There's always a kazoo or mandolin player tucked into the band, because the person hanged around long enough/the singer wanted to bone the person enough. Behold this monstrocity of band cancer

Band members:

Johan Aineland (Accordion, Mandolin)
Martin Alfredsson (Synthesizers, Glockenspiel)
Mathias Alriksson (Vocals)
Marcus Carlholt (Vocals, Costumes)
Julie Witwicki Carlsson (Vocals)
Philip Erixon (Percussion, Vocals)
Anna Fröderberg (Vocals)
Olof Gardestrand (Drums)
Tina Gardestrand (Vocals, Piano)
Tobias Granstrand (Guitar)
Mattias Johansson (Saxophone)
Fredrik Karp (Saxophone)
Micke Larsson (Vocals)
Daniel Lindlöf (Guitar, Banjo)
David Ljung (Trumpet)
Rikard Ljung (Omnichord, Synthesizers)
Emanuel Lundgren (Lead Vocals, Guitar)
Johan Mårtensson (Vocals)
Cornelia Norgren (Vocals)
Emma Öhnell (Vocals)
Frida Öhnell (Vocals)
Erik Ottosson (Tuba)
Christofer Olofsson (Piano, Synthesizers)
Henrik Olofsson (Bass)
Jacob Sollenberg (Clarinet)
Jonas Tjäder (Vocals)
Johan Viking (Heart and Soul)
Jakob Jonsson (Trumpet)

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Every rappers entourage.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Don Tacorleone posted:

Larry is actually a good drummer the way that Ringo is a good drummer... knows he's not the talent but can actually play his instrument and isn't a gently caress up.

Adam... that guy has made hundreds of millions off just playing loving root quarter-notes for his entire "professional" career.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

As a bass player I was a token band member, and this thread in honor of my people makes me happy and feel like I didn't waste several years of my life playing bass.

jk, bass is such a waste of time, playing upright bass is even worse

dude, try telling this to Cliff Burton's ghost and Bootsy Collins

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Anyone who isn't Billy Corgan in a Billy Corgan band (Chamberlin is an awesome drummer tho)

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones had (maybe still have, I don't know) that one guy who just danced around very spastically.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
The quiet 'cute' Beatless drummer

Turns into "I've got a God complex" Hollywood prick over time (tokens mature over time to produce that smell you get from blue cheese)

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
andy fletcher from depeche mode

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

SirEvelynTremble posted:

The quiet 'cute' Beatless drummer

Turns into "I've got a God complex" Hollywood prick over time (tokens mature over time to produce that smell you get from blue cheese)

Considering that he's still alive, maybe his God complex is somewhat founded. Plus don't sell him so short--he's also a talented artist.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
There must be a hundred people on stage when Parliament plays, but they all have an important purpose to the show. I think you have to posses a PhD in Funkology to even be there.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
My boss calls me Token because I am the only white guy in our IT department. We don't play any instruments though, so that probably doesn't count.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

The Feldman Felcher posted:

There must be a hundred people on stage when Parliament plays, but they all have an important purpose to the show. I think you have to posses a PhD in Funkology to even be there.

personally, I double majored in Funkology and Mothership Connections

no, seriously, if you are at all interested in race relations you should know P Funk's catalogue pretty intimately

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
bez:

• Locked thread