Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

Then she makes a hasty excuse for why she must make an abrupt exit.

Remember, this girl walked up to him and asked him on a date. She's obviously not working with a full deck here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I had a friend who was staying with me for a week two weeks ago so since we always watch 24 with dinner I was like "well come watch it with us".

At the end of the episode she was like "wow... well, a lot of stuff happened, and a lot of it was violence, but also plot. That's a lot of plot for an hour."

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

Narcissus1916: We have to get back to my place within the hour!

Girl: You're certainly sure of yourself. Why do you look so nervous?

Narcissus1916: Dammit, you don't understand, WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

:twentyfour:

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
Rewatching some earlier seasons. Feel like Kim could really use lessons in basic problem solving.

Oh yeah, where the hell is my Nina Myers spinoff series? Such a shame when she died.

Also, in retrospect, I remember there was a bunch of hoorah over how the show is a big neocon fantasy. First seasons are fairly apolitical and are more just tight political action thrillers. Seems many of the situations are so ridiculous that its hard to draw a real-world analogy that could actually happen.

sulphix fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 13, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Why would you ever go on a date and hope it ends quickly so you can catch a tv show live, or ask a girl who wanted to get drinks to instead come back to your place to watch a tv show (and actually watch it!) instead? :psyduck:

Just DVR it it's a loving tv show. A great one, but a tv show.

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 13, 2014

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The girl is a mole who works for Under the Dome.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

sulphix posted:

Also, in retrospect, I remember there was a bunch of hoorah over how the show is a big neocon fantasy. First seasons are fairly apolitical and are more just tight political action thrillers. Seems many of the situations are so ridiculous that its hard to draw a real-world analogy that could actually happen.

The impression I got was that those ridiculously implausible situations are precisely why it's accused of being a neocon fantasy, because neocons frequently argue that "That could totally happen!". The classic example being torture-happy types who say "Yeah but what if a terrorist knows where a bomb is and they have 30mins to get it out of him?"

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

The classic example being torture-happy types who say "Yeah but what if a terrorist knows where a bomb is and they have 30mins to get it out of him?"

This could be true. But the terrorist is also a grizzled agent's wife, who was betraying him for over 8 years. They have also strapped his daughter to the bomb that will detonate WITHIN THE HOUR!!! In addition, the agent's best friend was also loving the wife and wants to kill her, but killing her will mean they lose their only lead! A bunch of useless civilians and CTU personnel also die, because gently caress it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Twee as gently caress posted:

Why would you ever go on a date and hope it ends quickly so you can catch a tv show live, or ask a girl who wanted to get drinks to instead come back to your place to watch a tv show (and actually watch it!) instead? :psyduck:

Just DVR it it's a loving tv show. A great one, but a tv show.

you're an idiot because you thought any of us were even remotely serious and i hope the finale is jack bauer throwing you out of a window

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

It would be far better if her name was actually Chloe. "drat it Chloe, maintain the perimeter!" "Um, its happy hour."

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Catching up right now. I gotta say it's refreshing to see "give Jack everything he wants" so often. Finally these people know what the gently caress.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
^^ The real reason this season is 12 episodes long.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

cycomatix posted:

^^ The real reason this season is 12 episodes long.

Exactly. I'm on the last new episode now. Audrey just told Jack "do whatever you gotta do". I love this continuing theme of "ok we gotta go with Jack cause motherfucker is always right".

EDIT: Ok this part where the president drops his meds on the ground and the generals spaz out is so dumb. It could be blood pressure meds for all he knows.

ApexAftermath fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 13, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
^^^ We're about to enter World War III with the Chinese and the President is telling him to literally do nothing. He's also old and taking meds. It's not too crazy to think 'Is he working with a full deck?' especially since no, he's not working with a full deck. I love Heller as much as the next guy, but we're talking about a sitting President who had accepted to give himself over to terrorists and be killed a few hours ago and is going to resign the second he gets back in the States. The generals are 100% right of being concerned he's not fit for the job, because he clearly is not.

Coughing Hobo posted:

you're an idiot because you thought any of us were even remotely serious and i hope the finale is jack bauer throwing you out of a window

Except that I was addressing Narcissus, and he said that's exactly what he's gonna do (grab a few drinks and hope the date ends/try to end it quickly enough so he can run and catch the show live). :shrug:

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 13, 2014

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im pretty sure all the displays of (oftentimes very brutal) torture being portrayed a totally effective method that yields 100% reliable information about terrorist activity that initially earned the show the reputation of "neocon fantasy"

Plus arent the original creators hardline conservatives or some such?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Narcissus1916 posted:

It would be far better if her name was actually Chloe. "drat it Chloe, maintain the perimeter!" "Um, its happy hour."

Play his cards right, and he might breach that perimeter. :dong:

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

thathonkey posted:

Im pretty sure all the displays of (oftentimes very brutal) torture being portrayed a totally effective method that yields 100% reliable information about terrorist activity that initially earned the show the reputation of "neocon fantasy"

Plus arent the original creators hardline conservatives or some such?

Yay, this poo poo again.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ApexAftermath posted:

Catching up right now. I gotta say it's refreshing to see "give Jack everything he wants" so often. Finally these people know what the gently caress.

Yeah it's really good to see that happening. Several seasons late but yeah.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

As soon as I saw the Secretary of Offense dumping those pills on the floor I had flashbacks to all of the 25th Amendment nonsense in season 2 or whatever that was

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

As soon as I saw the Secretary of Offense dumping those pills on the floor I had flashbacks to all of the 25th Amendment nonsense in season 2 or whatever that was

You mean in season 6.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

My ex-wife's birthday party once coincided with a Lost finale. Needless to say, she is no longer my Constant.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

You mean in season 6.

It was both

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Brock Samson posted:

My ex-wife's birthday party once coincided with a Lost finale. Needless to say, she is no longer my Constant.

You chose wisely.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
What's this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152130715247251&set=a.253957667250.148972.14176232250

"Season" finale?

DOES THIS MEAN THERE IS A CHANCE FOR MORE??????

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Chuck Tanner posted:

What's this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152130715247251&set=a.253957667250.148972.14176232250

"Season" finale?

DOES THIS MEAN THERE IS A CHANCE FOR MORE??????
Well I hope so, but I mean what else would they call it? Miniseries finale? Technically this is supposed to be its own thing and not part of the rest of the series.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Keifer looks 60, but he's actually much younger and could probably pump out a few more seasons before getting too old to run and yell at the same time.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Irish Joe posted:

Keifer looks 60, but he's actually much younger and could probably pump out a few more seasons before getting too old to run and yell at the same time.
Robo-Bauer yo

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kiefer Sutherland is Big Boss now, which means he could fall into a nanomachine-induced coma but awaken years later once the AI that controls the nanomachines is destroyed.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

You chose wisely.

In season 2 they did have a pretty legitimate causus belli.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Kiefer Sutherland is Big Boss now, which means he could fall into a nanomachine-induced coma but awaken years later once the AI that controls the nanomachines is destroyed.

I really hope this, word for word, is the plot for 24 Day 10. I need to see Jack Bauer fight a Nuclear equipped walking battletank.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Speaking of which, do you think Kiefer has any idea what the hell he's reading when doing the voice acting for the upcoming game? It needs so much context and backstory / "forward"story awareness that you have to be a real MGS uber-nerd to understand the plot.

Maybe the voice directors just give him some generic motivation like, "this guy's really sad/mad and wants to get his comrades back / revenge."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This is all you need to know about MGS V.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The future is now, ladies and gentlemen.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Well I hope so, but I mean what else would they call it? Miniseries finale? Technically this is supposed to be its own thing and not part of the rest of the series.

Either way if it was completely final you'd think that they would call it a series finale.

I think they are just leaving the option open in case they decide to come back

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well, and this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jbKu6oKREQ
After you Fulton sheep, they return to CTU Mother Base .

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
When I heard David Hayter wasn't going to voice snake I was like :(

When I heard it was gonna be loving Jack Bauer I was like :hellyeah:

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Chloe, I'm already a demon.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

A potential season 10 requires a bitchin' theme song, ala MGS 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbFAZ2ztlE

Replace "Snake Eater" with "Jaaaaack Bauuuuerrrrrr".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm wondering why 24 is getting a Comic Con panel. That would be the time to announce another season.

• Locked thread