Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sauer posted:

Every time I have to travel outside of Montreal I fear that my anglophone accent will get me killed.

There are rural Quebec up here in the oil sands plant and there are also some people from Colorado. I have waaaaaaay more in common with the people from colorado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
So Canada has a huge problem with alcoholism and drinks more than 50% above the global average.

Because they're just so happy, amirite?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ninotoreS posted:

So Canada has a huge problem with alcoholism and drinks more than 50% above the global average.

Because tjhey're so fun

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

ninotoreS posted:

because they sit inside doing nothing all day because its too cold

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I'm not afraid to admit this online: I'm racist against canadians

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I wish it was as cold as you people seem to think it is. Its loving hot as hell right now in Vancouver and its 2 am.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

ninotoreS posted:

They make drat good beer that's why.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's hot in some places for what 2 months out of the year

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I went golfing in January :smug:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Norm is canadian you shithead

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

jigglemaster7 posted:

90% of them seem to be under the assumption that Canada (lmao) is better than America.

i'm not sure where you got this impression as i have never met a canadian who didn't think that canada sucks

they just don't admit it to americans

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

canada is good and cool and we actually may not buy your lovely VTOL fighter so suck our maple flavoured nuts

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

cock hero flux posted:

i'm not sure where you got this impression as i have never met a canadian who didn't think that canada sucks

they just don't admit it to americans

this is actually true but it's because we have perspective so don't believe your dumb country is better for a second

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like buying beer in convenience stores like the States. That's the one thing I believe we could learn from America.

Hurriness
Feb 23, 2011
College Slice
I wish canada had cheap rear end fast food like america does.

I'd be obese as poo poo

edit: buying beer everywhere is chill too

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
Canadians never stop talking about 1814 when "they" burned some guys house in DC when he wasn't even home.

Hurriness
Feb 23, 2011
College Slice

VibrioCholera posted:

Canadians never stop talking about 1814 when "they" burned some guys house in DC when he wasn't even home.

We don't.

We literally hold parades for that poo poo

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I went to canada, but it was too hard to get shot in the face every loving day, so i moved to the usa

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Welcome to Cumcetchakoon, Canada!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lake Louise is nicer than Everest. It has no death zone, and when people die they don't just leave them on the side of the hill. It's also much cheaper.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

Al Cowens posted:

The CN Tower is the civil engineering equivalent of putting on stilts and balancing a tripod on your head and declaring yourself the tallest person in the world and by person I mean clown and by world I mean circus.

what the gently caress is a cn tower?

Priapus
Feb 17, 2007
I AM LITERALLY AND I MEAN LITERALLY A STUPID NAIVE SHELTERED IGNORANT DENSE AS FUCK WASTE OF SPACE. PLEASE IGNORE ANYTHING I SAY AS THEY ARE THE RAMBLINGS OF A DELUSIONAL FUCKWAD PS MY DICK IS VERY SMALL AND I PROBABLY HAVE NEVER USED IT im so very retarded
Canada has about the same productivity as Spain, a poor country that takes 3 mandatory naps per day. A lazy lazy country.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

.lnk to the past posted:

what the gently caress is a cn tower?

CNN wasn't willing to pay for full naming rights.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's weird going to the middle of nowhere Northern Minnesota or the UP and realizing there is a whole country even further north.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
canada is pretty pleasant but only worth living in for about 5-6 months of the year, the rest is pure freezing hell.

that said, i'd rather spend that period of freezing hell in canada than ever experience reno, nevada again

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Arian_Samurai posted:

It's weird going to the middle of nowhere Northern Minnesota or the UP and realizing there is a whole country even further north.

Most Canadians live east from, or even south east from Minnesota.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

The weather loving sucks. I could never live somewhere that cold. I would've committed suicide about 15 years sooner than I am already gonna.

would that make it now, in the past, or still slightly in the future? either way move to canada asap

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

mookface posted:

It is and we are hth op

hate to tell you but canada is just where seedy residents of twin peaks go to commit crimes and have unprotected sex how is that better than wholesome smalltown america?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Canada is being run by people who really want to be American. There are even American sponsored parties that preach Tea Party poo poo but it's too extreme for some people.

Next year we'll be run by people who kind of want to be American but maybe not who knows

Edit: Need a picture of Obama having a house party and across the street Stephen Harper starring longingly at it in a silent, lonely house...

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Canada is better than the US because they have some French people that make the place classier, it's still a shithole compared to every country in Europe.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If mississauga has taught me anything, its that canadians are just as racist and lovely as americans, they do litter, dont give a gently caress, but they drive pretty deece, surprisingly. I dont care if u live in brampton or etobicoke ur house aint worth a million dollhairs (thats dollars in my special dialect)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If mississauga has taught me anything, its that canadians are just as racist and lovely as americans
Alberta is like Super-Kansas. Just terrible.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lord Tywin posted:

Canada is better than the US because they have some French people that make the place classier, it's still a shithole compared to every country in Europe.
the worst kind of French people. Like Parisians without the Paris

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

THS posted:

what metrics are you using op

Imperial system, obviously.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
if i was rich i'd probably want to live in america tbh

but i'm not rich so thank god for socialized medicine

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Alan Smithee posted:

the worst kind of French people. Like Parisians without the Paris

The Quebecois are as snobby as Parisians, as culturally sophisticated as Cajuns and hate the English more than the Irish do.

Still one of the best parts of Canada though.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Canada is America's hat.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i can't watch trailer park boys because it's so like real canadians that there's no humor you just feel bad that everyone in canadia is a retarded idiot living in a trailer park

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Tywin posted:

except 1, french people are assholes. 2, fake french people are even bigger assholes. and 3, those fake frenchies hate all of you because your stop signs are in english

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Trees and Squids posted:

canada is pretty pleasant but only worth living in for about 5-6 months of the year, the rest is pure freezing hell.

that said, i'd rather spend that period of freezing hell in canada than ever experience reno, nevada again

My dad went to Hawaii and when he came back and described it he emphasized how warm the water was, even on cold days.

It completely blew my mind that there's a place with warm water.

• Locked thread