Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Pungry posted:

the level of play in this Sounders-Timbers game is nearly as good if not better than the WC final

lol

i'm trying here but this is dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I can't tell if Adi is falling over a bunch or if Seattle is actually bringing him down (could be both...), but he is getting nothing from the ref. I fear Porter is going to complain about it later. His first touch has been decent, but then two sounders get on him and he goes down before he can get the ball away. If he can just find that pass...

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

loving lol at Dunseth praising McKenzie like he's the new DP & not 5th on the depth chart.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

highme posted:

loving lol at Dunseth praising McKenzie like he's the new DP & not 5th on the depth chart.

is kah injured or in the dog house?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

is kah injured or in the dog house?

Kah & Paparatto are both hurt and in the dog house.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Watching this after seeing Ger beat Arg. Feels like watching college basketball after the NBA playoffs.

Really loose clouds of plauers, long passes that players scramble to get under, aggressive jumping over the back rather than zone specific defense.

But whatev go local team woo!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Can't wait to move back next year so I can go to some Sounders matches. Pretty quiet match so far though.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

highme posted:

Kah & Paparatto are both hurt and in the dog house.

i hope porter was the one that hurt paparatto. also he should put him in a garbage can instead of a dog house

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Gerund posted:

Watching this after seeing Ger beat Arg. Feels like watching college basketball after the NBA playoffs.

Really loose clouds of plauers, long passes that players scramble to get under, aggressive jumping over the back rather than zone specific defense.

But whatev go local team woo!

Well, except the fact that college basketball is significantly more fun to watch than the NBA.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

El Jebus posted:

I can't tell if Adi is falling over a bunch or if Seattle is actually bringing him down (could be both...), but he is getting nothing from the ref.

Lolwut? Adi is falling at the slightest touch from Marshall and the ref is all too happy to blow the whistle for him.

I warned you guys this would be a slog.

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

i hope porter was the one that hurt paparatto. also he should put him in a garbage can instead of a dog house

I thought only managers could get put in the bin...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

Lolwut? Adi is falling at the slightest touch from Marshall and the ref is all too happy to blow the whistle for him.

I think the ref has been rightly ignoring him. He has made some other calls for other players that have not been good, but I think he has called Fernando Adi's bluff. Unless I'm really, really high... and then I could be completely wrong.

E: Wow, Oba was really close twice. That was scary.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 14, 2014

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

phwoar

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

The dam finally breaks!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Pungry posted:

the level of play in this Sounders-Timbers game is nearly as good if not better than the WC final

lol are you sure

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ricketts made two amazing saves there, but couldn't come up with a third against Clint Dempsey.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Goal credited to 'deaf, dumb, and blind kid'.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

lol are you sure

quite, did you see that goal?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I did. Scrappy stuff.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
loving Will Johnson

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Another scrappy one.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I like the WWE fire.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I like the WWE fire.

I was thinking the same thing lol

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Why are we so bad that loving Chivas is ahead of us

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Seattle Sounders would beat Germany straight up.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
That game was like 'two MLS teams who seem a bit tired' for the first half and then 'OBAFEMI MARTINS SPARKLING TWIRLY RACETRACK' in the 2nd.

have a safe trip home, Timbers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyone else excited for some footy tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The team I like is losing now. Excitement is waning

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Great Lakes Log posted:

The team I like is losing now. Excitement is waning

to conor casey no less

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fat greasy puto posted:

to conor casey no less

Defense was way off their marking there but I'll give him credit on that finish, not the easiest angle

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Great Lakes Log posted:

Defense was way off their marking there but I'll give him credit on that finish, not the easiest angle

he did well on the goal definitely

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

red bulls are lacking sharpness all over the field but especially with the final ball, and henry looks out of sync with everyone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last time NY let in the first goal, Henry got 3 assists, but theres also countless other times they lost. Unsure of how this is going to end, but that's just the inherent excitement of top-notch sports entertainment like Major League Soccer

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

My heart breaks for Henry every time I see him actually have to take the field with the likes of Luis Robles.

New York are very bad, is what I am saying.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

My heart breaks for Henry every time I see him actually have to take the field with the likes of Luis Robles.

New York are very bad, is what I am saying.

You mean all star goalkeeper Luis Robles, starter for the 2013 Supporter's Shield winners the New York Red Bulls? Seems like he's got a pretty good resume.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

lol that should be a yellow on le toux

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyone else remember when Le Toux scored a goal for NY two years ago? Good times.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

What happened with Casey? That volley a few minutes ago was real bad and he was under no pressure.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Ciprian Maricon posted:

What happened with Casey? That volley a few minutes ago was real bad and he was under no pressure.

hes trash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

He's bald, so he likely lacks self confidence, making him hesitate when hitting the volley and causing the ball to fly wildly off target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

For a minute I was thinking " Wasn't he good? Doesn't he have like a season goal scoring record for MLS or something?" and then I remembered he does but its like 14 goals or something equally comical.

• Locked thread