Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Looks like a big edit to a couple of pages of that Naruto anime. The cliff town and Bryan's goofy eyes look the part. Kind of impressed by who replaced all the characters with WWE people.

Bryan's Rock Lee eyes are pretty hilarious, especially compared to the ultra-realistic Kofi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sky Shadowing posted:

Honestly, I'm taking that one of two ways:

1. Given injuries to Bryan, Barrett, and other things, they're desperately trying to convince CM Punk to come back. Given that they're not burying AJ simply out of spite, and last week's WM Rewind was all about Punk, this argument may have some merit to it.

2. They're throwing Punk's documentary on the Network to kill off sales of it and thus attempt to shrink the royalty checks, which given WWE's history of spite, may be it.

I agree with Chris James 2's interpretation. Vince or someone else realized that people love to chant for that skinnyfat nerd, so they're prominently throwing his documentary up tomorrow while literally begging for people to subscribe, in the hopes that this documentary is enough to sway someone.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Missed the last two hours since I met up with my sister for her birthday. Looks like I missed everything that would have pissed me the gently caress off.

No big Ambrose return what the hell?!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, it wasn't very natural at all. Don't know where Foochs was getting that from.

I'm taking it from the fact that all the spots seemed to flow into each other and had that typical "each dude eats a finisher, sometimes from his PARTNER" schmozz bullshit that happens before literally every main event Fatal Four Way. I was away from my TV but listening to the commentary, missed the fact that Rollins was hurt initially and didn't really think anything of it.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Missed the last two hours since I met up with my sister for her birthday. Looks like I missed everything that would have pissed me the gently caress off.

No big Ambrose return what the hell?!

It's because Rollins got legit hurt.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Defiance Industries posted:

I... kind of want to read the rest of this.

That particular arc of that particular manga those pages are parodying was my favorite when I was a teenager reading it weekly, so more would be like Christmas come early for me.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I think they're out of countdowns and mania rewinds, punk is/was a big star (with interest because of how he left) so promote his thing is airing and there you go. Saying this is another ploy to bring him back or kill sales (of a DVD that released 2 years ago) sounds incredibly silly. Punk sounds like a guy who could give a poo poo less about coming back at this point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

His contract's up Thursday. Trying to curry his favor in 72 hours with his documentary being aired on the Network is dumb as well as pointless.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Chris James 2 posted:

His contract's up Thursday. Trying to curry his favor in 72 hours with his documentary being aired on the Network is dumb as well as pointless.

And like I said, that sounds like something he would laugh at. They're not THAT dumb to think that would somehow sway him, and he's not that dumb to think it's a carrot that means something. And with money issues the way they are, and that being speculated as one reason he left, I don't think he's coming back for a good long while. Summerslam payouts were apparently lower than usual, video game payouts are in the pits, people are upset about house show payouts, etc. This year's Wrestlemania check is supposedly just about to come in, and I don't think people are going to be happy. Can we shut the door on Punk coming back in the near future?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's because Rollins got legit hurt.

Everyone I love eventually gets injured, leaves, or gets buried. :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

And like I said, that sounds like something he would laugh at. They're not THAT dumb to think that would somehow sway him, and he's not that dumb to think it's a carrot that means something. With money issues the way they are, and that being speculated as one reason he left, I don't think he's coming back for a good long while. Can we shut the door on that?

Hopefully Thursday it will be. The chants though, those probably aren't going away anytime soon unfortunately.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RBX posted:

Quoting this for prosperity.

Wait, somebody is paying you for quotes? Why wasn't I informed this was an option? :argh:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Give John Cena the briefcase.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, they separated Cesaro and Heyman in a line of commentary?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, they separated Cesaro and Heyman in a line of commentary?

Heyman can't be associated with a loser midcarder if he's promoting Lesnar at the same time, would be my guess. LOL if that's really what they do.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

LoboLoboLobo posted:

And then he lost to Big E Langston, a guy who's done nothing but lose for 2 months.

gently caress everything.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will say this, I don't think it's weird at all that Seth wasn't involved in the ending schmozz. It was clearly about the fatal four way and I honestly don't think they planned to have Ambrose run out at all. It flowed too naturally.

I felt the same way. For Ambrose to be involved, everyone would have needed to be laid out so Seth could try to cash in on Cena. Then the show would end with Ambrose standing tall on the go-home show. Doesn't make much sense to me.

The ending felt a little clunky, but I don't know... I don't think Rollins or Ambrose were meant to be involved.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Everything about Battleground makes me so apathetic about it. The card, the build, the name of the bloody thing. Didn't last years one end with a no contest due to Big Show interfering? Seems like the gimmick to Battleground is lovely PPV.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Do not even ask posted:

Everything about Battleground makes me so apathetic about it. The card, the build, the name of the bloody thing. Didn't last years one end with a no contest due to Big Show interfering? Seems like the gimmick to Battleground is lovely PPV.

Battleground 2013 ended with Big Show knocking out Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton in a WWE Championship match he was not involved in. The bell never rang, there was no referee decision. The PPV went off the air with Big Show's music playing. It had a poo poo build, and only one good thing on the show.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 15, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Yeah, this really pissed me off too. They could have made a big face turn out of Cesaro dropping Heyman, but it's something that's just completely lost and now his whole time with Heyman was loving pointless. They should have turned him full-fledged face the night after Mania to begin with.

Also, did they just write off the big gold belt by Cena giving it to Flair? I thought it was pretty telling that earlier in the show Cena said that "this is what it was all about" or whatever and ONLY raised the WWE Title. I feel like giving the big gold belt to Flair awkwardly was the best way they could think of to stop using two belts.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Blonde Sting better BETTER have "Man called Sting" theme music to go with it. Or else.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i don't think they wrote off big gold when Cena gave it to Flair those two just respect each other and Cena did it of his own volition. It's like when he gave Flair his Superstar of the Year slammy award because Flair had earned it or w/e.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Big E is really getting over....with my one-year-old son when I make his action figure do crazy flips into the bathtub.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Do not even ask posted:

For only $9.99 a month (with a six month commitment), you can re-watch last year's Battleground PPV and find out how it ended!!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

keevo posted:

For only $9.99 a month (with a six month commitment), you can re-watch last year's Battleground PPV and find out how it ended!!

Please subscribe? Why won't you subscribe? We made Daniel Bryan champion, and when he fell, we made universally beloved Champion John Cena champion. Subscribe. Subscriiiiiiiiiibe!!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sonicice posted:

Blonde Sting better BETTER have "Man called Sting" theme music to go with it. Or else.

The guy who wrote it just settled with WWE after he sued them for royalties, so we'll see if the settlement lets WWE continue to use his somgs

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Cena should really stop wearing the belts like that because he looks dumb as gently caress.

But then I look at his merch.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

RBX posted:

Cena should really stop wearing the belts like that because he looks dumb as gently caress.

I'm generally the last person to praise Cena's style, but I actually like the connected belt scarf.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

RBX posted:

Well he just gave the big gold belt to Flair, so you don't have to worry about him wearing them like that again.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, this really pissed me off too. They could have made a big face turn out of Cesaro dropping Heyman, but it's something that's just completely lost and now his whole time with Heyman was loving pointless. They should have turned him full-fledged face the night after Mania to begin with.

Honestly, with all the injuries that have happened, there isn't anything for Cesaro to do as a face right now. At the very least he's still getting regular TV time.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
If Cena really gave the golden belt to Flair, that championship must be sleeping in a Virginia pawn shop already...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So from the Raw thread I learned:

-Miz is literally 100% copying Tyler Breeze's gimmick, and Tyler Breeze's push and gimmick will be killed immediately.

-Rose and Sandow shilling fast food is completely new and shocking and they've never done this before for several years.

-Cesaro is now Zack Ryder status and will never win again.

-AJ/Paige is super hard to follow because they're supposed to hate each other, but they don't appear to.

-The Big Gold Belt is gone forever and will never be mentioned again.

-Seth Rollins can't possibly just have a sprain and is in fact dead, and his push is dead, and Dean Ambrose's push is dead by proxy, and everyone is dead.

:supaburn:

\/\/\/No, we already know Bryan Daniel Bryanson is a farm.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 15, 2014

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

sticklefifer posted:

-Seth Rollins can't possibly just have a sprain and is in fact a farm.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

sticklefifer posted:

-Miz is literally 100% copying Tyler Breeze's gimmick, and Tyler Breeze's push and gimmick will be killed immediately.

-Rose and Sandow shilling fast food is completely new and shocking and they've never done this before for several years.

-AJ/Paige is super hard to follow because they're supposed to hate each other, but they don't appear to.

-Seth Rollins can't possibly just have a sprain and is in fact dead, and his push is dead, and Dean Ambrose's push is dead by proxy, and everyone is dead.

For fast food shilling, nothing will ever beat this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVK5kyZtzJs

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Was the crowd chanting "boring" at Wyatt? gently caress everything.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Could you blame them? He's been doing the same poo poo for months and WWE hasn't given him poo poo but a win over bryan nobody remembers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RBX posted:

Could you blame them? He's been doing the same poo poo for months and WWE hasn't given him poo poo but a win over bryan nobody remembers.

My anger is directed at the WWE who have officially killed his heat and momentum with that loving pointless Cena feud. At WM30 everything was looking so good. Bryan as champ, the Shield all doing well, Ceasaro looking like he was about to be pushed to the moon, Barrett getting a jesus pop at the Raw right after, Paige debuting.

And they have managed to ruin almost every single loving thing from it, or have them go wrong due to some cruel twist of fate. If things haven't turned around by Summerslam I might be done with wrestling again for a while.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

RBX posted:

He also has a win over Cena via A singing demon child. What more do you want?!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yup. Despite good delivery, his promos don't do much for me. And the Cena feud did him no favors.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

You forgot

TheJoker138 posted:

Was the crowd chanting "boring" at Wyatt? gently caress everything.

Otherwise yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

Rollins could just have a sprain but if there is one thing I've learned watching both wrestling and legit sports, it's that knee ligaments are bastards and tear easily as heck. It is almost never a sprain, ever. It's almost always something worse.

• Locked thread