Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
"Pay a premium to have a ton of cleaning ladies deal with your place in 5 minutes" is one of Nathan's most legit business ideas ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
God drat I love that PI, he is an rear end in a top hat and he knows and loves it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Illinois Smith posted:

"Pay a premium to have a ton of cleaning ladies deal with your place in 5 minutes" is one of Nathan's most legit business ideas ever.

I think mean caricaturist is still his best, but it was pretty impressive that they did a good job on it in 8 minutes.

Although, maybe the customer was just being nice.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

PostNouveau posted:

I think mean caricaturist is still his best, but it was pretty impressive that they did a good job on it in 8 minutes.

Although, maybe the customer was just being nice.

I think the gag/backfire was supposed to be that so many maids would cause the work and the maids to be clogged. Unfortunately they were so well prepared that it didn't happen.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Oh my, effectively 3 new episodes of Nathan for you for me. Thanks!

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
You're a nerd. You've always been a nerd.

I swear it looked like Nathan was holding back tears when he said, "I could catch a football."

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btJWbVycaGU&t=192s

Sorry, was watching this episode earlier today and I just love how non-plussed that guy is.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Of all of Nathan's skits from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, I think this may be my favourite bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZEQwDzOabI

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

I'm watching the claw of shame.

I don't even know man....

Edit: those kids were awesome in the credits.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Fooz posted:

I'm watching the claw of shame.

I don't even know man....

Edit: those kids were awesome in the credits.

That was arguably one of the funniest episodes of television last year.

And remember:

PostNouveau posted:

Hahaha, some Redditor noticed that in the "Claw of Shame" episode, the consultant who very much did not want to be credited isn't just credited once, but 4 times.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't know how this show just keeps getting better. I love it when the idea legitimately kind of works too, it's a nice break from the expected failure and gives you some hope each week that his ridiculous* ideas are actually somehow plausible.

* incredible

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As soon as Nathan suggested poo poo flavoured ice cream I knew he was a secret business genius. It's terrible on the surface but who wouldn't at least sample it to make sure it wasn't just relabelled chocolate of coffee flavour?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

homo punching bag posted:

As soon as Nathan suggested poo poo flavoured ice cream I knew he was a secret business genius. It's terrible on the surface but who wouldn't at least sample it to make sure it wasn't just relabelled chocolate of coffee flavour?

I'm fairly confident in saying that I would not sample anything claiming to be poo poo flavored. But that's just crazy ol' me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Deadpool posted:

I'm fairly confident in saying that I would not sample anything claiming to be poo poo flavored. But that's just crazy ol' me.

I love that episode so much just because at the end he tells the owner "That was a terrible idea. No one wants to eat poo poo flavored ice cream"

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Don't forget Nathan's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gx5KTJUyTQ

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Medullah posted:

I love that episode so much just because at the end he tells the owner "That was a terrible idea. No one wants to eat poo poo flavored ice cream"

The end of that episode with Nathan presenting his "even better idea" is one of my favorite moments of the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8V72pDw1o&t=429s

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Nathan just casually dropping his dead pet fly's tiny coffin into its tiny grave was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Nathan just casually dropping his dead pet fly's tiny coffin into its tiny grave was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Buzz deserved better.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Soothing Vapors posted:

After bending at the waist to kiss it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
the coffin drop was incredible but my favorite single moment had to be Nathan proudly leaning against the side of the billboard headstone as he smugly unveiled it to the pet store owner.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I like this one from 22 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9AiYpCQvw

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

mr.capps posted:

God drat I love that PI, he is an rear end in a top hat and he knows and loves it.

And yet he genuinely seems to wish the best for Nathan even though he's a loving nerd. It's amazing. I love that PI.

Though I wonder how much of his politeness toward Nathan at the beginning has to do with him having his own TV show now Crying Wolfe (presumably in part because of his appearance on Nathan For You).

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Presumably? 100%. He didn't even have a yelp review

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
But just because he doesn't give a gently caress about loving yelp

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mercaptopropyl posted:

And yet he genuinely seems to wish the best for Nathan even though he's a loving nerd. It's amazing. I love that PI.

Though I wonder how much of his politeness toward Nathan at the beginning has to do with him having his own TV show now Crying Wolfe (presumably in part because of his appearance on Nathan For You).

haha holy poo poo that guy has his own show now? He doesn't even have a 5 on yelp!

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

JakeP posted:

haha holy poo poo that guy has his own show now? He doesn't even have a 5 on yelp!

quote:

There’s a fine line between entertaining and deceiving, and “Cry Wolfe” — a half-hour series from Investigation Discovery — dances right up to it. Actually, the idea of taking a real-life private detective, Brian Wolfe, and having actors re-create his cases is ostensibly pretty clever. But after a fleeting disclaimer, the series goes the extra mile to foster the perception that this is all real, including shaky hand-held video and even a faux camera crew following Wolfe as he “investigates” leads. In one respect, at least the program’s aptly named, given the tale about that wolf-crying kid whose fibs resulted in nobody believing him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh, so this is just full-on fake as hell, because there's no way the production is fact-checking what the PI tells them about his "real cases" that they're re-enacting.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, so this is just full-on fake as hell, because there's no way the production is fact-checking what the PI tells them about his "real cases" that they're re-enacting.

Exactly. The episode I saw had lesbians in recovery for addiction where one thought the other was cheating on her and/or drinking again. They immediately find an unopened gifted bottle of wine in her trunk. The bad girl kept disappearing to some shady club that required an ever-changing password for entry, and when he finally got the right password it turned out be an underground sex dungeon. Where the girl goes so she doesn't start drinking again. And naturally he invites the good lesbian into the club without warning her what to expect.

So yeah every episode comes from his own imagination not actual cases.

I wish he'd be in a buddy-cop show with Nathan.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Exactly. The episode I saw had lesbians in recovery for addiction where one thought the other was cheating on her and/or drinking again. They immediately find an unopened gifted bottle of wine in her trunk. The bad girl kept disappearing to some shady club that required an ever-changing password for entry, and when he finally got the right password it turned out be an underground sex dungeon. Where the girl goes so she doesn't start drinking again. And naturally he invites the good lesbian into the club without warning her what to expect.

So yeah every episode comes from his own imagination not actual cases.

I wish he'd be in a buddy-cop show with Nathan.

I hope this is just a long con by Nathan setting him up for hilarity.

"We gave you a show, but you made all this up. Why?"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I always hear people criticize certain comedies like The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm for leaning so hard into cringe comedy as to become unwatchable. This show would give them a loving stroke. I can't handle this poo poo sometimes, but Nathan's such a fantastic comedian that it still works.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I always hear people criticize certain comedies like The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm for leaning so hard into cringe comedy as to become unwatchable. This show would give them a loving stroke. I can't handle this poo poo sometimes, but Nathan's such a fantastic comedian that it still works.

The difference between Office and Curb is that Nathan never comes off as a jerk like Michael or Larry. He's like Michael but instead of being blissfully ignorant- he's so endearing it's hard to tell him "this idea isn't very good."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So, this is weird as gently caress, but each week you can watch Nathan For You a week in advance on the comedy central app. Guess I'm gonna go watch next weeks episode.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

So, this is weird as gently caress, but each week you can watch Nathan For You a week in advance on the comedy central app. Guess I'm gonna go watch next weeks episode.

iPhone only :mad:

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Promo looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GsQNEbCa0k

Nathan is just trying to piss people off now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I couldn't resist watching and the new episode is hilarious. Not really an ideal show to watch alone on your phone though. I'll probably just wait and watch it when it airs in the future.

The exterminator bit is glorious.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

This is how I've been watching it and I was momentarily confused as to why everyone in this thread was talking about last week's episode whenever I checked it.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Oh this will go well.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
I love this already

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

JESUS CHRIST NATHAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh nooooo.

• Locked thread