Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carver
Jan 14, 2003

A mere few mouse clicks and I've signed up to go to the colonies Friday :11tea:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Everytime I see a spike in posts I hoped it would be something like this; the Many Angled Ones have repaid my devotion!

But of course it would come out on the time when I'll be without reliable internet for the next several days :smith:

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
Finally, you're ready to TAKE MY MONEY.

Well... here we go...

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

Kinetica posted:

Everytime I see a spike in posts I hoped it would be something like this; the Many Angled Ones have repaid my devotion!

But of course it would come out on the time when I'll be without reliable internet for the next several days :smith:

Honestly, you can always wait for Steam EA, or just pick it up later. We're not going anywhere, and after a little while any fires will hopefully be out.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bernardo Orel posted:

From the comments on the blog:
Admin Daniel Jacobsen says:
July 16, 2014 at 10:31 am
Earliest access does not include Mac support. It’s just not quite where we want it to be. We’re hoping to have it ready for Early Access in August, but we can’t promise it.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Time to play through Dredmor between now and Friday. I'm so bad at Roguelikes. My wife has beaten Dredmor, gotten Platinum God on BoI, etc, etc and I can't do it on any of them. Come on RNG gods, let me get through Dredmor before Friday. :smith:

nvining
May 30, 2011

For anybody who hasn't seen it, an enormously detailed chart of progress on everything is here:

http://clockworkempires.com/development.html

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yes! I'd tell you to take my money but the hooded figures already came and stole my wallet.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
I'm not sure I've bought a game with quite such urgency. Can't play it til Friday, but hey!

I am looking forwards to a buggy, shambolic mess. That's how excited I am. I barely care if it loads properly.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:homebrew: The foretold days have arrived and the concept of free time has begun it's descent into darkness! :homebrew:

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Updated the OP with new information, if anyone has questions for some kind of FAQ that they think would be useful to have, let me know!

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

nvining posted:

For anybody who hasn't seen it, an enormously detailed chart of progress on everything is here:

http://clockworkempires.com/development.html

That is one sweet cat.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Last time I bought an early access game I swore to myself I would never do so again.

Ah, the folly of youth...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

murphyslaw posted:

Last time I bought an early access game I swore to myself I would never do so again.

Ah, the folly of youth...

The good thing is they are being up front about where it stands, what their plans are, and best of all...they have a real life game under their belt already! I'm in the same boat as you otherwise though.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Eonwe posted:

The good thing is they are being up front about where it stands, what their plans are, and best of all...they have a real life game under their belt already! I'm in the same boat as you otherwise though.

We're usually pretty good about community feedback, patching, that sort of thing. Here is (some) of the changes that we shipped in Dungeons of Dredmor *after* it launched, although I note that two significant patches (1.1.3 and 1.1.4) are missing. http://www.dredmorwiki.com/wiki/Version_history

And yeah: Gaslamp has shipped stuff before, including a game and three expansion packs, and we all have track records of doing good work on lots of stuff. I've been working in the industry for fifteen years, and our programming team includes people who have worked on everything from Prototype (by Radical Entertainment) to Glitch (by Tiny Speck) to porting everything ever to OS X and Linux (everybody ever) to several Derek Smart games and the game featured here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/02/11 ... which, well, that was all me, and it may not be a recommendation. I did do the programming for that Dredmor game that people like, though!

So: we need to crowdsource a new title for this thread now that we are in Early Access. Make your best suggestion here, we'll pick the best one.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Clockwork Empires: Criminal Dodo Negligence And Early Access

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Clockwork Empires: Soon to be renamed by bored cultists.

Ed - Clockwork Empires: Steampunk science and insanity, mostly the insanity.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 16, 2014

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Clockwork Empires: Screen-rending madness may or may not be a feature

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
Just got the email about early access and then the next thing I knew my $30 was gone. I can't wait!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

nvining posted:

So: we need to crowdsource a new title for this thread now that we are in Early Access. Make your best suggestion here, we'll pick the best one.

You already know what the testing crew is going to suggest.

Clockwork Empires - Early Access to Mr. Steelcogworth's Tasteful Nuts

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

I have been trying to suggest something but this is the better suggestion.

Orv
May 4, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Winner winner cthulhu dinner.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm totally in for earlier access. Now what am I suppose to do with all this blood? I think only some of it is mine.

Edit - Question; I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 970 and a GeForce 560 when the spec list an i5 processor, should I be worried about my system bursing into flames (and or crows) when I try to run it?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 17, 2014

nvining
May 30, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm totally in for earlier access. Now what am I suppose to do with all this blood? I think only some of it is mine.

Edit - Question; I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 970 and a GeForce 560 when the spec list an i5 processor, should I be worried about my system bursing into flames (and or crows) when I try to run it?

I'm not totally sure. I would tentatively think that the min spec would be something like an AMD FX 4300, but I don't know exactly what the translation is between processors.

EDIT: Actually, drop me a line at [my first name].[my last name]@gaslampgames.com would you?

nvining fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 17, 2014

marumaru
May 20, 2013

On the AMD side of things, I hope a Phenom II X4 955 can handle this game, I really do.
If you're at all interested in having me test it, I'd very much be willing to. Been looking forward to this game for a long while.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

nvining posted:

...to several Derek Smart games...

Ah, so that how you get the flavor of mind twisting insanity and eldritch horror right. First hand experience.

I'm picturing Renfield from Bram Stokers Dracula as a coder in a dark cubicle in the corner.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Any chance there will be AI that can build stuff if you ignore them. Like I start up a game and go to sleep, can I wake up tomorrow to a town with buildings haphazardly scattered around and cultists recruiting everywhere and have to correct it?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Danith posted:

Any chance there will be AI that can build stuff if you ignore them. Like I start up a game and go to sleep, can I wake up tomorrow to a town with buildings haphazardly scattered around and cultists recruiting everywhere and have to correct it?

A diplomatic and guarded answer: "currently characters will not automatically build a structure."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

nvining posted:

A diplomatic and guarded answer: "currently characters will not automatically build a structure."

CLOCKWORK EMPIRES DEV ANNOUNCES AI IS STUPID, WORST GAME EVER?

nvining
May 30, 2011

1stGear posted:

:ughh:

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
The earliest possible access to insanity.

Clockwork Empires Earliest Access: In like fhtagn (I'm not even trying)

Danith posted:

This would be a cool game mode. A town possessed. Even if you were just an observer and could naught but watch the town descend into madness.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

markgreyam posted:

The earliest possible access to insanity.

Clockwork Empires Earliest Access: In like fhtagn (I'm not even trying)

This one gets my vote.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
Clockwork Empires: Drunk, high, and so very very mad.

Orv
May 4, 2011

1stGear posted:

DEVS CONFIRM AI HAS GAINED SENTIENCE, ASK FOR NATIONAL GUARD AID

nvining
May 30, 2011

As a random note: based on people's experiences here, I got a couple of random goons to test it with elderly hardware (the AMD Athlon wielding gents from before); it seems to be fine. So our minimum spec requirements are Probably Conservative.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I have a pentium 90 laptop I can try it on

:getin:

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
Earliest Access- No Earlier Access could logically exist, yet some colonists claim to have been experiencing strange visions and auditory hallucinations for months if not years now. Our scientists now claim that the Earliest Access that they claimed to have discovered yesterday may not actually exist for days yet. Could our ideas about the continuous and unidirectional flow of contiguous time be wrong? Is our entire existence here merely the mad dreams of a sick Diggle? Where is my Dodo? Where do I click to build my meatcube processing plant? Why do my tentacles hurt? What does it MEAN?!

OMNIA AEGRI SOMNIA EST! OBSECRO UT MIHI IGNOSCAS, Quag'garoth! Quag'garoth! ¡QUAG'GAROTH!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Earliest Access- No Earlier Access could logically exist, yet some colonists claim to have been experiencing strange visions and auditory hallucinations for months if not years now. Our scientists now claim that the Earliest Access that they claimed to have discovered yesterday may not actually exist for days yet. Could our ideas about the continuous and unidirectional flow of contiguous time be wrong? Is our entire existence here merely the mad dreams of a sick Diggle? Where is my Dodo? Where do I click to build my meatcube processing plant? Why do my tentacles hurt? What does it MEAN?!

OMNIA AEGRI SOMNIA EST! OBSECRO UT MIHI IGNOSCAS, Quag'garoth! Quag'garoth! ¡QUAG'GAROTH!

You have NO idea...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Okay guys, don't forget to do a re-reading of Boatmurdered while you wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

quote:

Victorian Dwarf Fortress with communism
Looks like I'll be pre-ordering this, then

• Locked thread