Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Benzos I won't go near if I'm not inpatient for something. I've done alcohol withdrawal both cold turkey and inpatient and felt like loving dying and don't want to end up experiencing something worse than that by picking up a benzo habit. Right now I'm sitting on a small stash of sertraline, bupropion, and trazadone. Sertraline is taking the edge off well enough for now and the traz is good for sleep with some diphenhydramine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress clonazepam forever

buspirone keeps me alright though

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

alright, back to the usual vet thread business

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/JuUGC.gif:nws:

ps gently caress you grover

EBB fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 15, 2014

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

gently caress you grover

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Ok back to disc chat: I've gone to three different chiropractors in the last 2 years (herniated L5/S1 nerve impingement etc) and three different chiropractors are poo poo. They're all birthday magicians trying to do doctor impressions. Why have I gone to three? I forgot how bad they are.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Zeris posted:

Ok back to disc chat: I've gone to three different chiropractors in the last 2 years (herniated L5/S1 nerve impingement etc) and three different chiropractors are poo poo. They're all birthday magicians trying to do doctor impressions. Why have I gone to three? I forgot how bad they are.

the bigger question is why you're going to a quack instead of an orthopedic surgeon

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

krispykremessuck posted:

the bigger question is why you're going to a quack instead of an orthopedic surgeon

This. Chiropractors aren't doctors, they will at best waste your time and money, and at worst hurt you more.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I remember there was a big stink a few years ago about chiropractors "adjusting" infants. :wtc:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mad Dragon posted:

I remember there was a big stink a few years ago about chiropractors "adjusting" infants. :wtc:

babys first ~adjustment~ video. that poo poo freaked me out more than any of the jihadist headcutting poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
penn and teller did a bullshit segment about chiropractors and they showed some freako about to snap some babys spine :cry:

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Zeris posted:

Go to an ortho, ask for a nerve block or an epidural.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The answer is always: goto an ortho. There's no excuse for using a quack medicine man like a chiropractor.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

krispykremessuck posted:

Desperation is my only excuse - I wasn't getting much help from the VA besides physical therapy and an NSAID (maybe I am asking the wrong questions?).

Friends I trust have had good experiences with chiros so I've held out hope that the right one might actually make a difference - as a supplement, not replacement, for what I already do with the VA.

Anyway, you folks are entirely correct, which I have learned the hard way.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Get an appointment with your PCP and have them write you out the ortho referral.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeris posted:

Why have I gone to three?

Because your local witch doctor was too wrapped up in the World Cup to see you?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I found out yesterday that my Yellow Ribbon funds cover the medical fees to get on my school's health plan

VA Healthcare :fuckoff:

So excited to see a real doctor, maybe they'll actually attempt to determine whats actually wrong with my joints instead of just giving me pills for the pain and telling me to get back to work.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://gawker.com/lowes-employees-stayed-after-work-to-fix-a-vietnam-vets-1605913817

gently caress the VA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shyduck posted:

gently caress the VA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My medication saga is over. Second call to the pharmacy yesterday was at 12:30 when they told me it was too late to ship and to get bent til Thursday. Called and left a message with my doctor right after that. He didn't call back, but I bet he did something since a UPS overnight air package full of pills landed on my doorstep at 10 this morning. :v:

I love my psych, he's the first one I've had that really gives a poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My medication saga is over. Second call to the pharmacy yesterday was at 12:30 when they told me it was too late to ship and to get bent til Thursday. Called and left a message with my doctor right after that. He didn't call back, but I bet he did something since a UPS overnight air package full of pills landed on my doorstep at 10 this morning. :v:

I love my psych, he's the first one I've had that really gives a poo poo.

Glad someone has their drat head on right.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh and Shim I took your advice and set aside a five day iron ration just in case.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Oh and Shim I took your advice and set aside a five day iron ration just in case.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Uh...set aside five days of meds out of the bottle so I remember to refill early? No weed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cant stop laughing

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Get an appointment with your PCP and have them write you out the ortho referral.

alternative suggestion: do PCP

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Uh...set aside five days of meds out of the bottle so I remember to refill early? No weed.

Oh, forgot the context and thought you were curing meat

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

krispykremessuck posted:

alternative suggestion: do PCP

Considering both

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Oh, forgot the context and thought you were curing meat

You sound like trooper material, son.

Should really update the joining resource thread with that gif after all of the real info. Just be like

Blah blah blah reasons you shouldn't enlist blah blah but since you retards won't listen to us anyways WHY DON'T YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mobile Infantry made me the man I am today,

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mad Dragon posted:

Mobile Infantry made me the man I am today,

alternatively,

or

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/3MHToPtl.jpg :nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 17, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

alright, back to the usual vet thread business

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/JuUGC.gif:nws:

ps gently caress you grover

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

cant stop laughing

You sound like trooper material, son.

Should really update the joining resource thread with that gif after all of the real info. Just be like

Blah blah blah reasons you shouldn't enlist blah blah but since you retards won't listen to us anyways WHY DON'T YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

anansi the spider ~ca. 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A good page from the vet thread. Happy ending to a story, Katy Perry and assorted tits, and Starship Troopers.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
A better page: it is my birthday. :toot:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Happy birthday Gleep!

Drink yourself to death today tia

jk :)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

A better page: it is my birthday. :toot:

Happy b-day. You're what, 25 now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Happy birthday, Gleep. If I weren't work I'd post birthday butts for you.

• Locked thread