Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Oh wow, your character talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
You can't really blame Bungie for PSN issues.

getting 10 mb/s on this download now so I'm pretty pumped

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Stux posted:

I think thats part of the point?

Probably a useless viewpoint, but my download is going and steaming along pretty fast, is it just the US thats having issues? (UK here).

Once you get in it goes fairly quickly (I'm at 8% started 8 minutes ago so about an hour and a half..not too horrible) but the PSN store's being all kinds of fucky, for US at least.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Captain Matchbox posted:

if youre on PS3 try redeeming the code through the PS3 menu option rather than inside the PSN store, got mine downloading now doing that

Yeah that's what I did. Account Management -> Redeem Codes. PS3 file is 5.7 GB. 7% done...

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
My download is moving pretty quick for the PS3. 35 minutes and counting!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

CortezFantastic posted:

Downloading. See you guys in 10 hours apparently since lol psn

Probably not quite that slow, I started mine right at noon and I'm already almost 4 gigs in.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm at 36%. It's moving pretty fast once you're downloading it and get past the store.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Macrame_God posted:

Finally got my codes, but not the PS Store won't load. Why do game companies wait until the last minute to do this stuff? Surely they must have known it would be like this.

Everyone knows the best part about PSN is the meta game of reloading a website every 2 minutes for hours to be able to download a new game.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Sometimes I'm glad I'm at work, since I hope a lot of people are doing this right now and I have no choice but to not do it.

But then I remember I have to go home and try to do it during prime-time. Might as well just accept the fact that I'll play tomorrow. (Gonna try anyway, gonna enter that code so hard)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought you were supposed to get 4 codes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Azubah posted:

One for yourself and two others to fill out your three man fireteam.

StoicRomance
Jan 3, 2013

Azubah posted:

I also got only one.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I downloaded the 179 meg thing, but it doesn't seem to be downloading anything else. Is there something I should be doing?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

a foolish pianist posted:

I downloaded the 179 meg thing, but it doesn't seem to be downloading anything else. Is there something I should be doing?

Press options on it, go to info, should give you download status there.

Dunderhead
Dec 31, 2003
Airdisc^2
PSN seems to be getting slammed.

Pneumatic Toaster
Mar 23, 2008
Hover over the Destiny Beta tile and use Options-> Information. That will display its download status.

Mine is chugging along nicely at 3-4MB/s, and I'm on PS4 in the US. Once I confirm no one I know needs my extra codes, I'll post em in the PGS thread.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So if I'm at work I can start the download on my PS4 remotely? Even if it's not turned on?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Finally downloading. Guess I can get on with my day and pray it's finished by the time I get home.

Edit: Nope. So many hurdles.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Daric posted:

Probably not quite that slow, I started mine right at noon and I'm already almost 4 gigs in.

I'm getting about 5Mbit/sec, it is pretty slow for me

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

RCarr posted:

So if I'm at work I can start the download on my PS4 remotely? Even if it's not turned on?

It has to be turned on, but it can be in standby mode.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RCarr posted:

If the PS4 is turned off, you're hosed.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I keep getting "down for maintenance" errors when I try to go into the store and on the few times I do get in I either get a "session has expired" message while the it's checking the code or it gives me the "down for maintenance" error when I select to download it. And then there was that time when I got the "an error has occurred" message while redeeming a code. Please be more vague Sony? "An error has occurred" isn't confusing enough.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Well, if I don't get to play any Destiny Beta this evening I won't be *too* bummed, seeing as it is Thursday, rather than Friday. Now if I don't to play any Destiny Beta *tomorrow*... Then I'll throw a wobbly the likes of which will see me featured in the local newspaper, while collecting an ASBO or two :stare:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Dan Didio posted:

Oh wow, your character talks.
Do Exos have autotuned voices? This is important.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

RCarr posted:

No, you are hosed, yhis is why there is a standby mode.

alphapie
Sep 7, 2004

BitBasher posted:

No, you are hosed, yhis is why there is a standby mode.

Every time I leave my ps4 in standby mode, something ends up happening and it shuts down and complains about being shut down improperly. That being said I don't appear to have gotten a beta code from preordering from the psn.

Dunderhead
Dec 31, 2003
Airdisc^2
I would have hoped PSN would have planned for high traffic volumes such as this. I still can't get to the store to start the initial client download.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So unless something went wonky on my DL, it's done.... (15 gb) and now I just can't access PSN when I boot the game...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Macrame_God posted:

I keep getting "down for maintenance" errors when I try to go into the store and on the few times I do get in I either get a "session has expired" message while the it's checking the code or it gives me the "down for maintenance" error when I select to download it. And then there was that time when I got the "an error has occurred" message while redeeming a code. Please be more vague Sony? "An error has occurred" isn't confusing enough.

Ya, same thing for my buddy. And occasionally the "Checking.." bars just stay there and he has no way of exiting.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

grrarg posted:

Do Exos have autotuned voices? This is important.

I'm not no freakin' canner. I would assume so, though. The human female is kind of a husky American voice, I guess?

Svampson
Jul 29, 2006

Same.

alphapie posted:

Every time I leave my ps4 in standby mode, something ends up happening and it shuts down and complains about being shut down improperly. That being said I don't appear to have gotten a beta code from preordering from the psn.

If you preordered from PSN you apparently don't need a beta code, I got in and currently playing just fine without one (This is EU tough might differ for NA)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
IM PLAYING!

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

alphapie posted:

You have to go to the PSN store -> Games -> and download the beta client from the store if you preordered off of PSN.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

alphapie posted:

You don't get a code if you preordered from PSN, you just download the beta client and go to town. The link got posted at the top of page 8 I believe. PSN is dying at the moment, though.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Feenix posted:

IM PLAYING!

"1.78/10.97 GB In Progress."

I hate you. :argh:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Feenix posted:

IM PLAYING!

You're not impressing anyone, okay :cry:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

a cop posted:

Ya, same thing for my buddy. And occasionally the "Checking.." bars just stay there and he has no way of exiting.

Same just happened to me. Seems like I'm going to have to witness all the different ways the Playstation store can fail before it will let me get to download the client.

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Feenix posted:

IM PLAYING!

Are you EU/UK? Because it seems to locked on mine

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Dan Didio posted:

I'm not no freakin' canner. I would assume so, though. The human female is kind of a husky American voice, I guess?
No options for a Latina voice? Bungie pls give me a refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

If you are in the eu and you did that preorder and cancel trick; it didn't work. CN something something error.

Did the sensible thing and pre loaded the beta and now you have to join the back of the queue to input your code to PSN (which is down) and download 15gb again

• Locked thread