Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
The question is if the new ring is constructed in the same way as the old ones that they hated, it stands to reason that they could have someone work out something with either the canvas or the supporting apparatus to make sure it has more give.

I mean, of course they didn't do that because LOL TNA but if a 6 sided ring was important to them, there should be a way to have it and also make it not murder your wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I bet this new 6 sided ring is constructed more cheaply and is even worse than the old one

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

flashy_mcflash posted:

Daniels on the Austincast, though, didn't seem to mind it much outside of the confusion it'd cause in tag matches where no one knew where their corners were supposed to be.

The mental image I get from this owns.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

triplexpac posted:

I bet this new 6 sided ring is constructed more cheaply and is even worse than the old one

Coming up on Impact Wrestling: Watch as wrestling legends The Great Muta and Kurt Angle die horribly as our new six sided ring explodes into flames for no discernable reason!

1.04 rating.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Angular Landbury posted:

Coming up on Impact Wrestling: Watch as wrestling legends The Great Muta and Kurt Angle die horribly as our new six sided ring explodes into flames for no discernable reason!

1.04 rating.
What's Abel doing in the Impact Zone!?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A no-rope exploding barbed wire match between Kurt Angle, the Great Muta, Terry Funk, and Willow!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

1.04 rating.

That's a feature, not a bug. It's Russo's new idea for a Reverse Inferno Match, where the objective is to put out the fire engulfing your opponent before he extinguishes yours.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
"We tried 4 sides and it just didn't cut it jack!"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's a feature, not a bug. It's Russo's new idea for a Reverse Inferno Match, where the objective is to put out the fire engulfing your opponent before he extinguishes yours.

Hahahahahahahaha

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
When TNA switched to the 4-sided ring, people called it dumb and that TNA was giving up what made it different. Now that they are going back to a 6-sided ring, people are calling it dumb and saying that TNA is just trying to be different.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Apple Craft posted:

When TNA switched to the 4-sided ring, people called it dumb and that TNA was giving up what made it different. Now that they are going back to a 6-sided ring, people are calling it dumb and saying that TNA is just trying to be different.

Well, it's also worth remembering that TNA switched to the 4-sided ring because Hogan wanted it and they've switched back to the 6-sided ring to kick the legs out from under Jeff Jarrett's vaporware wrestling company.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Well, it's also worth remembering that TNA switched to the 4-sided ring because Hogan wanted it and they've switched back to the 6-sided ring to kick the legs out from under Jeff Jarrett's vaporware wrestling company.

Both actions they took in response to situations that make no difference whatsoever to TNA's actual success.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Angular Landbury posted:

Both actions they took in response to situations that make no difference whatsoever to TNA's actual success.

Also both actions taken make no difference whatsoever to TNA's quality or insanity.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Apple Craft posted:

People also said "Who gives a poo poo it doesn't matter" as well as "The six sided ring is dumb this isn't dumb."

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also both actions taken make no difference whatsoever to TNA's quality or insanity.

I wish TNA's creative even qualified as "insane". It's just short sighted and lovely. Insane would be wonderful in comparison

"Welcome to Impact Wrestling! Tonight we've bolted the ring to the ceiling and replaced all the turnbuckles with ground beef. Our main event tonight is Bobby Roode VS a cloud of bees."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

Ring of Honor will not be running any more shows at the Manhattan Center or the Hammerstein Ballroom in the near future. According to sources, the New York City complex raised their prices significantly to rent the building out. The venue pushed prices to the point that even if ROH sold out their shows, they would lose money. The company sold out ticket to their last show there weeks in advance without any announced matches at the time.

TNA’s Manhattan Center tapings begin airing tomorrow night and will run through mid-August. The promotion still has a three-day run for the Manhattan Center from August 5th through 7th and may not be able to make money considering they spend more in advertising and expenses running the same complex.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Angular Landbury posted:

Our main event tonight is Bobby Roode VS a cloud of bees.

Given that Russo is booking this could easily happen anyway.

I'd watch a Royal Jelly on a Pole match.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 18, 2014

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I want a Reverse Match where the wrestlers have to work the entire thing from pinfall all the way back to the initial lock up and the first person to make it to the back wins.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Angular Landbury posted:

Our main event tonight is Bobby Roode VS a cloud of bees."

The bees win by DQ when Eric Young interferes to fashion them into a new beard.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Suben posted:

I want a Reverse Match where the wrestlers have to work the entire thing from pinfall all the way back to the initial lock up and the first person to make it to the back wins.

didn't DDT do this?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

didn't DDT do this?

a few times but I can't find a video.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

coconono posted:

didn't DDT do this?

Even if they didn't, that's a very DDT type of thing.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

This was at the bottom of my screen as I read your post:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I didn't hate this week's Impact, but they're never getting that hot a crowd again. I strongly suspect the August NYC tapings are going to be terrible because you can only coast on ECW nostalgia for so long. If arena management has decided to raise the price for the building just because they know Dixie will tape there at a loss, it's even funnier.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Love Taz's last response:
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/489969260224344065

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I didn't hate this week's Impact, but they're never getting that hot a crowd again. I strongly suspect the August NYC tapings are going to be terrible because you can only coast on ECW nostalgia for so long. If arena management has decided to raise the price for the building just because they know Dixie will tape there at a loss, it's even funnier.

They were already taping there at a loss so what's more loss?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MassRafTer posted:

They were already taping there at a loss so what's more loss?

I somehow had missed that tidbit. So facility management found a way to gouge Dixie even deeper. Amazing.

I'm guessing once TNA finally dies for good ROH will get their old rate back because it beats having the building empty.

ROH will be out-maneuvering TNA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I somehow had missed that tidbit. So facility management found a way to gouge Dixie even deeper. Amazing.

I'm guessing once TNA finally dies for good ROH will get their old rate back because it beats having the building empty.

ROH will be out-maneuvering TNA.

TNA is running three dates upstairs from the ballroom ROH runs, I doubt one has anything to do with the other. They are raising their rates for other reasons.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The show was all right. The crowd was super hot which made the matches seem better. The title match was pretty good with Jeff Hardy taking some brutal bumps. The gauntlet match was entertaining, don't see too many of those even if the result was obvious. They still had way too many pretaped blabbing segments stuck together in the middle of the show that I tuned out on. And closing with a Dixie Carter promo interrupted by whatever they call the Dudleys instead of a title match between two of your biggest stars is bizarre. The whole show seemed designed to put over ECW at the expense of TNA.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
Going to the six sided ring is like changing the curtains of a burning house.

TNA has no identity and it is kind of depressing seeing them try to grab the ECW nostalgia after all this time. Dreamer is too old to be wrestling and Rhino looks awful and out of shape. That match was embarrassing.

TNA allowing Dreamer to shill his wrestling promotion on their show seems bush league. Worst of all is the fact that the WWE owns ECW and while calling the WWE competition to TNA is silly, why would TNA bring up a brand their competition owns and has a network available to view all of that brand's content on? I was expecting Tenay to plug the ECW back catalog of content if we signed up for a free trial of the network.

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster

RagingHematoma posted:

Worst of all is the fact that the WWE owns ECW and while calling the WWE competition to TNA is silly, why would TNA bring up a brand their competition owns and has a network available to view all of that brand's content on? I was expecting Tenay to plug the ECW back catalog of content if we signed up for a free trial of the network.

Seriously, the more you look at the big picture, the more you have to wonder if, at some point unknown, WWE already bought out TNA and really uses them as a "see, things could be worse!" company. I think the facade is started to fall apart!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I thought last night's show was more watchable than a lot of RAWs. Granted being 2 hours is a major part of that.

edit: If I didn't know thanks to the internet that Destination X is just a special episode of Impact I would've assumed it was a PPV. The communication of that fact has been nonexistent as far as I can tell.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 18, 2014

bartok
May 10, 2006

Can't believe I am defending Taz, but I was always taught that it was rude to ask people how much they make. Even people that work for TNA deserve that little bit of respect.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bartok posted:

Can't believe I am defending Taz, but I was always taught that it was rude to ask people how much they make. Even people that work for TNA deserve that little bit of respect.

Yeah Wade really didn't ease into that question. It seems like he just wanted to get a rise out of Taz. Good job, I guess?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wish "wrestling reporters" wouldn't be so scummy. That's why I like Meltzer, at least he isn't on Twitter picking fights with people for no good reason.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

bartok posted:

I was always taught that it was rude to ask people how much they make.

It's a different context than the situation with Taz and Wade, but didn't the Kliq do this? Pretty sure I saw an interview where Nash says that he, Hall and Michaels would discuss their contracts and leverage each other to get better deals. Probably the closest thing the WWE has had to a functioning union.

Not to get overly political, but it's easier for employers to pay people less if everybody else is kept in the dark about pay rates.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

triplexpac posted:

I wish "wrestling reporters" wouldn't be so scummy. That's why I like Meltzer, at least he isn't on Twitter picking fights with people for no good reason.

I doubt Meltzer knows how Tweeting even works

bartok
May 10, 2006

saltylopez posted:

It's a different context than the situation with Taz and Wade, but didn't the Kliq do this? Pretty sure I saw an interview where Nash says that he, Hall and Michaels would discuss their contracts and leverage each other to get better deals. Probably the closest thing the WWE has had to a functioning union.

Not to get overly political, but it's easier for employers to pay people less if everybody else is kept in the dark about pay rates.

That is a different situation entirely. In this context it is just some guy asking Taz about his TNA contract and not a group of friends trying to get paid what they believe they deserve.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

I doubt Meltzer knows how Tweeting even works

He's actually been really active on twitter for the past year or @DaveMeltzerWON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bartok posted:

He's not asking him how much he made to dig into his private life. Taz is being a dick about Wade not liking anything and just criticizing TNA and "maybe you should open your own company" so Wade asks him that question because no one is getting raises. The company is in a lovely state. It's not the nicest way to say it, but you can tell Taz knows it is true.

• Locked thread