Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Necros posted:

guys...just be careful with those backers who paid a grand to come visit yall and walk through the spooky woods dont try to cut your face off and steal the slender mannequin

whatever three less nerds in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Necros posted:

slenderman gettin that paper.

can this please be the title of the inevitable MH feature film thread in CD

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

KicksYouInHalf posted:

whatever three less nerds in the world

finish tom and jerry before then plz

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Necros posted:

finish tom and jerry before then plz

it's done and the ending is just as dumb and stupid as you'd expect given the other crap in that game

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

KicksYouInHalf posted:

it's done and the ending is just as dumb and stupid as you'd expect given the other crap in that game

it can't be as dumb and stupid as the thing that thread is about surely

CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
does Troy remember he has an SA account and that he has a loving active thread he can always come to

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
You guys going to do another Q&A now that it's all over?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Also, I wish to apologize on behalf of whoever for whoever it was that started gimme 20 dolla.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Happy Landfill posted:

Also, I wish to apologize on behalf of whoever for whoever it was that started gimme 20 dolla.

That was great, it provided so many answers. Why is slender man here? He wants twenty dollars. Why is he bothering these guys? They were wifin in the club.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

PatTwo posted:

does Troy remember he has an SA account and that he has a loving active thread he can always come to

Loving? You got the word filter on there young man?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

KicksYouInHalf posted:

lol if u watch lets play things for the gameplay

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

fullroundaction posted:

You guys going to do another Q&A now that it's all over?

Maybe? We have a poo poo ton on our plate right now trying to get ready for ConnectiCon in a couple of weeks as well as getting all the Kickstarter stuff ready. No rest for the wickedinternet dumb guys.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey that's great marble hortets is finished please lock this thread and let's never talk about sledernman again

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Maybe? We have a poo poo ton on our plate right now trying to get ready for ConnectiCon in a couple of weeks as well as getting all the Kickstarter stuff ready. No rest for the wickedinternet dumb guys.

Please do it at some point, it'll be just like old times. Just like old times.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Mans posted:

hey that's great marble hortets is finished please lock this thread and let's never talk about sledernman again

Um excuse me I believe you mean the operator

Crutches
Aug 21, 2005

smile...
I liked that in whatever episode it was months and months ago where Alex ran into skimasky without his mask on, he told him to wipe that dumb grin off his face (or something like that). Then when we find out recently that Brian is skimasky and he does the 'interview' to be in the movie he always has this big dopey grin on his face that apparently Alex wanted to smack off.

I guess that I should apologize for liking this and using punctuation and the shift key?

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Crutches posted:

I guess that I should apologize for liking this and using punctuation and the shift key?

It would be a start.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I saw this thread had a load of new replies and figured something had gone down, but just now had time to watch it. Decent finale, it was enough to provide closure. Seconding fra's request for a Q&A, those were fun in the past.

It's been a good 5 years!

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

so theres like some really quiet sirens in the background a little after 4 minutes into the last entry. i guess with the way everything becomes distorted and then we dont see jessican anymore after that it could be something like a partly hidden darker ending but i doubt it. the only thing really still bugging me is that one entry where it looks like tim is drowning filmed from the chest camera. i just dont know what the gently caress went on there. the one where brian and alex are in that weird red building with the pipes was the best one i think.

overall joseph i think you did a good job guy

thanks for not ending it at 86

Necros fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 1, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
wait, that really was the ending?

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

i feel like i've been trolled, but in a good way. that ending sure did need 20 episodes of woods walking and bickering to build up to and certainly couldn't have been put out last year without really changing anything. gg.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
That spooky basement pipe place in season 1 is retroactively meant to be the burned down hospital, right?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Congrats on the baby, Troy.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Angela Christine posted:

That was great, it provided so many answers. Why is slender man here? He wants twenty dollars. Why is he bothering these guys? They were wifin in the club.

Does anyone have a link to that video that I think TribeTwelve did of this meme? The one with all the black and white surrealistic imagery?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Brackhar posted:

Does anyone have a link to that video that I think TribeTwelve did of this meme? The one with all the black and white surrealistic imagery?

I think it's this thing

Also I guess Troy really is going to have a kid, unless his lady is trolling the poo poo out of everyone on Facebook. So congrats!

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Troy ranks up there with "my parents" as far as non-sexual entities my brain has categorized.

What a twist!

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Docjowles posted:

I think it's this thing

Also I guess Troy really is going to have a kid, unless his lady is trolling the poo poo out of everyone on Facebook. So congrats!

That's it, thanks!

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The boys are doing an AMA on Reddit. Hopefully someone can post anything interesting that happens here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/marblehornets/

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is someone, somewhere seriously calling them "Trosephim"?

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Docjowles posted:

Is someone, somewhere seriously calling them "Trosephim"?

All the time, sometimes to our faces. I don't really know much about reddit and will be running errands while it goes on. If anybody here understandably doesn't have the drive to make a reddit account to ask a question on the AMA, just post it here and we will possibly answer it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

KicksYouInHalf posted:

If anybody here understandably doesn't have the drive to make a reddit account to ask a question on the AMA, just post it here and we will possibly answer it.

What kind of errands are you running?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

KicksYouInHalf posted:

All the time, sometimes to our faces. I don't really know much about reddit and will be running errands while it goes on. If anybody here understandably doesn't have the drive to make a reddit account to ask a question on the AMA, just post it here and we will possibly answer it.

-What was the worst / most annoying part of the whole venture

-I'm curious how you 'safely' handled the fire in entry 85

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

404notfound posted:

What kind of errands are you running?

Getting internet set up at my new apartment.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Why is your posture so good? (Joseph/Alex).

This is an actual question I love watching you walk.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Atoramos posted:

-What was the worst / most annoying part of the whole venture

-I'm curious how you 'safely' handled the fire in entry 85

I'm just going to answer for myself and if Tim/Troy want to stop by and give their answers they can.

The worst/most annoying part of Marble Hornets? I don't know, honestly. It wasn't that bad overall but close to the end of any of our seasons is always really hard to power through because of burnout. I don't hate Marble Hornets, but like anything, doing it for 5 years can wear on you. I'm happy we did it, but I'm also glad that it is over and we can start fresh.

For the fire, we shot in mine and Tim's house at the time and that area that we lit was a concrete patio. We drenched the area around it with water and had several wet towels and a fire extinguisher off-screen. Before we started rolling Troy said he was going to shout action and to give it a beat, then light the fire and let it go for 3 seconds to make sure he got the shot then to put it out. The lighter didn't light immediately so the gasoline (!) fumes built up more than I was expecting and you saw the resulting fireball. There was no acting needed for my jump back. We still had some inside shots to get that night but after putting out the fire we all agreed we would just get them another day and instead lay down and think about our life choices.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

fullroundaction posted:

Why is your posture so good? (Joseph/Alex).

This is an actual question I love watching you walk.

My grandparents told me that if I slouched my neck and spine would stick that way and that scared the poo poo out of me. I was also really unpopular as a kid so being taller than everyone helped cut down on some of the bullying. Also band, gotta sit up straight for that poo poo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

KicksYouInHalf posted:

My grandparents told me that if I slouched my neck and spine would stick that way and that scared the poo poo out of me. I was also really unpopular as a kid so being taller than everyone helped cut down on some of the bullying. Also band, gotta sit up straight for that poo poo.

Why don't you play more league of legends?

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
I'm a huge loving nerd about video effects, but I know next to nothing about them. How were the distortion effects and artifacts and such achieved for the ToTheArk videos?

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

RC Cola posted:

Why don't you play more league of legends?

Because I don't have reliable internet until (hopefully) next week. I can carry your lovely self when I get that sorted out.

Neowyrm posted:

I'm a huge loving nerd about video effects, but I know next to nothing about them. How were the distortion effects and artifacts and such achieved for the ToTheArk videos?

Troy is good at breaking Sony Vegas/Adobe Premiere

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Killing off (what your audience would view as) your main protagonist before the end of the series goes against expectations. What were your thoughts about this from a storytelling perspective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

So was Jay being a huge idiot fuckup supposed to be his character from the start, or did it just work out better that way?

• Locked thread