Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should this generation be called?
Millennials
Generation Y
Generation 9/11
I'm Gay
Die Hitlerjugend
View Results

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

They are not. They are the Pepsi generation

That was 63. God drat it man history is not hard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
both are just fancy names for indigo children

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

generalizing a group of people by when they were born. is that something that's scientifically backed and stuff or what?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TryAgainBragg posted:

both are just fancy names for insipid children

Fixed.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I have been here for six years, and this is the dumbest post I have ever seen.

i can't tell if you're retarded or pretending to be retarded to trick me but either way you look retarded so well done

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Boogaleeboo posted:

That was 63. God drat it man history is not hard!

It is. I'm easily confused.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

i can't tell if you're retarded or pretending to be retarded to trick me but either way you look retarded so well done

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

It is. I'm easily confused.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? You're Generation Z. Millennials where born after 2000

So you think that when people complain about millenials they're actually complaining about people who are younger than 15? Well loving hurr durr teenagers and preteens don't contribute very much to society, what a lazy loving generation just going to school and poo poo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
there are a lot of olds on this forum

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

there are a lot of olds on this forum

yah i didnt know SA had a large print edition

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pm me for details about reverse mortgages, gen xers

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

Generation Y is the Millennial Generation because they are the ones that are going to grow into adulthood and take over at the start of the new Millennium. So the dudes that came up at the beginning of it are now hitting their 30s, and are entrenched respectable adults.

Or, you know, in theory they were supposed to be. Instead they took one look at the state of things, went "Fuuuuuuuuuck this noise", and decided to stay with their parents.

Baby boomers told us that we had to all go to college while simultaneously jacking up tuition rates so that the average college graduate starts their life with $30k of debt. And then they told us to get jobs while simultaneously crashing the economy, effectively wiping out the jobs that would have gone to new college graduates. And then they got pissy when millenials couldn't find jobs and had to live at home just to survive

I mean it's real great to feel smug about growing up in the land of milk and honey that was the 60s, but you fucks basically squandered all of your inherited wealth and cultural value on a FYGM philosophy that almost caused another great depression, just so that you could better fellate the same corporations that you once fought against.

Baby boomers gave us the anti-vaccination movement, a hosed world economy, and Celine Dion. I'm not sure which of these crimes is the worst

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

QuarkJets posted:

I mean it's real great to feel smug about growing up in the land of milk and honey that was the 60s

I am a Millennial, and the fact there are insanely valid reasons for why a whole lot of people aren't leaving home until later doesn't change the fact it's happening.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

I am a Millennial, and the fact there are insanely valid reasons for why a whole lot of people aren't leaving home until later doesn't change the fact it's happening.

Your post heavily implied that millenials are lazy and want to live at home despite the reality being that most millenials have no other options :shrug:

e: "Decided to live at home with their parents", and I suppose the alternative was "bootstrap themselves into fortune and fame"

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 20, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

You said "decided to stay with their parents" as though deciding between "live at home or become homeless" is a really tough choice

It's not, you should get a nice cardboard box and find a rape free alley.

e: As for your edit, as I said: "Took one look at the state of things" and decided. Not "Bitched out and just gave up on being productive members of society". The economic situation is hosed for a lot of people, especially ones that were pushed into areas that flat out didn't need more people in the first place. That's a reality, and pluck and a sunny attitude wouldn't magically change that.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 20, 2014

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

It's not, you should get a nice cardboard box and find a rape free alley.

e: As for your edit, as I said: "Took one look at the state of things" and decided. Not "Bitched out and just gave up on being productive members of society".

You're pretty bad at describing your opinion then because "Fuuuuuuuck that noise" sounds exactly like bitching out and giving up on being a productive member of society simply because you don't like the state of things, rather than being forced in a specific direction

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly there will probably also just be a shift in cultural values where living with a parent past 18 isn't as weird which isn't even a bad thing; hating your parents until you're 30 and then ignoring them until you're 50 and then throwing them in a home has its social and emotional perils and just bc a couple generations of Americans did it doesn't make it right or normal

(just like being dependent on someone else from cradle to grave isn't good but you know what i mean)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

I'm sorry you overreacted because you thought I called you a giant pussy from a generation of failures, but maybe be less of a giant pussy about it and these things wouldn't happen in the future.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

^^^ Overreacted? By doing what, typing some words on an internet forum?

Tell me more about your insufferable autism

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Honestly there will probably also just be a shift in cultural values where living with a parent past 18 isn't as weird which isn't even a bad thing; hating your parents until you're 30 and then ignoring them until you're 50 and then throwing them in a home has its social and emotional perils and just bc a couple generations of Americans did it doesn't make it right or normal

(just like being dependent on someone else from cradle to grave isn't good but you know what i mean)

In the rest of the world living at home is way more normal than it is here. I don't think that it's a bad thing, it's just so dumb having to watch the most entitled generation in history complain about a massive number of unemployed heavily-indebted people relying on family for assistance during an economic crisis.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 20, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

^^^ Overreacted? By doing what, typing some words on an internet forum?

Emotionally invested enough to edit your posts about three times. And people in glass basements bitching out how annoying it is to be poo poo on for living at home shouldn't throw socially retarded stones.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It is p. cool that our Overlords have designed a system such that if you do everything you're supposed to, live the American dream, the following will happen:

You will go to college, and emerge with a staggering debt.
You will spend your 20's working hard but not having much to show for it.
You'll get married, have a kid, and buy a house. Each of these actions will plunge you into even more debt.

To wit: it's a form of debt slavery. And it's now inherent to our society.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I remember talking to my grandpa about the great depression. He mentioned that no one moved out on their own right after school. Those that did were either forced to or idiots. It's crazy how much that changed in one generation.

I wonder what's going to happen when the banks find out there is no way in hell that all of the student loan debt is going to get paid off.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Howdges posted:

generalizing a group of people by when they were born. is that something that's scientifically backed and stuff or what?
It is scientifically proven that everyone born 5 years before you are oppressive sell outs who view you as an inconvenience on the way to retirement and everyone born 5 years after you are horrible slackers who will never amount to anything. The generation system is there to help you internalize these facts so you know which side of the argument you belong on at the work water cooler or at the bar.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

onedayholiday posted:

Generation Trigger Warning

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

redshirt posted:

It is p. cool that our Overlords have designed a system such that if you do everything you're supposed to, live the American dream, the following will happen:

You will go to college, and emerge with a staggering debt.
You will spend your 20's working hard but not having much to show for it.
You'll get married, have a kid, and buy a house. Each of these actions will plunge you into even more debt.

To wit: it's a form of debt slavery. And it's now inherent to our society.

you're retarded

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cucking Mama posted:

you're retarded

Enjoy your Mom's basement loser.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
:wth: moms basement

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

redshirt posted:

Enjoy your Mom's basement loser.

i'm gonna enjoy your moms basement

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Eastbound Spider posted:

i'm gonna enjoy your moms basement

There's plenty of room for all you millenial losers.

She's got a big basement.

naem
May 29, 2011

I can't tell who is trolling who in this thread

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

naem posted:

Everyone is trolling you, specifically

naem
May 29, 2011

I am also trolling though

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

naem posted:

Gen X is trolling millennials for being stupid dumb whiny babies who don't know poo poo about anything. Millennials are trolling Gen X for being aging useless shits. Everyone is trolling baby boomers for making everything terrible. hth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i am now trolling the Greatest Generation for being mostly dead. ahaha dumb dead fuckers.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cucking Mama posted:

:wth: moms basement

I live in the attic, thank you very much.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Generation X trolls everyone by being useless

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ron Paul supporters were made up of all of the generations so in conclusion everyone and everything is poo poo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

Generation X trolls everyone by being useless

drat right we do!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Entitlenauts.

Then I drive real close to the curb on a rainy day and send a giant wall of water over them at the bus-stop. Go vlog about crying on your Tubler, asshats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The Entitlenauts.

Then I drive real close to the curb on a rainy day and send a giant wall of water over them at the bus-stop. Go vlog about crying on your Tubler, asshats.

Don't do that. Us pedestrian have enough problem without you being an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread