Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

valkhorn posted:

Anything else? I mean you could at least make fun of my trailers or something. Or hey, what about making fun of the games I'm doing? Surely you haven't done that in a while. I know you're itching to go there.

EDIT: Or hey what about my view count? Nobody seems to be making fun of that. You could even be original and call me a nerd.
You care enough that you keep replying to all of our messages.

So in how many toilets were you dunked in as a teenager valkhorn? It's okay, we won't tell anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

valkhorn posted:

I prefer to keep private issues between you and me private. A little birdie told me you insulted me, in public, again, and so I checked it out. I thought maybe if you had some issue with me we could handle it like people instead of behind each other's backs. I'm not going to forget that you personally insulted me here as well as passed along gossip about me that wasn't true - but that matter again is between you and me, and has nothing to do with everyone else on this forum. You know where to find me if you want to discuss the matter further but I won't discuss it further here. I've already tried to contact you, and this is what you chose to do.

Here's an idea, instead of AGAIN poking fun at me here, why don't you *shock* private message me either here or my channel or google plus?

I'm not posting LPs here for reasons - and you guys should be happy with that. If my existence bothers you so much, then fine, make fun of me all you want because obviously it makes you feel better.

Now watch me go on probation yet again for actually giving my side of the discussion and trying to be civil.

Oh my god grow up you loving loser.

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

So in how many toilets were you dunked in as a teenager valkhorn? It's okay, we won't tell anyone.

That's a little more creative. Although it's not the most original angle I can think of. And the correct answer is eight hundred and forty-five.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And now he starts rolling with the punches.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

valkhorn posted:

I prefer to keep private issues between you and me private. A little birdie told me you insulted me, in public, again, and so I checked it out. I thought maybe if you had some issue with me we could handle it like people instead of behind each other's backs. I'm not going to forget that you personally insulted me here as well as passed along gossip about me that wasn't true - but that matter again is between you and me, and has nothing to do with everyone else on this forum. You know where to find me if you want to discuss the matter further but I won't discuss it further here. I've already tried to contact you, and this is what you chose to do.

Here's an idea, instead of AGAIN poking fun at me here, why don't you *shock* private message me either here or my channel or google plus?

I'm not posting LPs here for reasons - and you guys should be happy with that. If my existence bothers you so much, then fine, make fun of me all you want because obviously it makes you feel better.

Now watch me go on probation yet again for actually giving my side of the discussion and trying to be civil.

Oh, hey Valkhorn, what is up bro?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BMS posted:

You laugh now but wait until his rabid and enormous fanbase comes after you.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i sincerely help vakhorn is just a long troll for the lp forum like gamingo cuz this is great

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
slowbeef I just wanted to see what the throwback message was when people tried to pm you.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

valkhorn posted:

And it's not a failure on his part to not try to contact me privately and whine about it here, which is also passive aggressive?
Of course it is, in what I'm assuming is a purely hypothetical scenario and not one you've imagined up from a throw-away remark and sharing that it somehow warranted a complaint from you.

However, let's not deviate from the points that you were not smart to message slowbeef about something so petty, were even less smart to post here abut something even pettier, have reasserted your complete lack of credibility and would do well to stop responding to every single slight in the completely and utterly vain hope that you'll somehow endure longer than the people who grossly outnumber you.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

FutureFriend posted:

i sincerely help vakhorn is just a long troll for the lp forum like gamingo cuz this is great
It's a troll that somehow goes all the way to Youtube, where about a dozen people wait for his videos with great anticipation.

"Man, this valkhorn guy is the most entertaining thing ever since dried paint!"

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Can this be a recommendation thread? I love loving funny rear end group LP's. Don't hate me but I love the Achievement Hunter / Rooster Teeth crew and their Worms, Madden, Minecraft LP's and the like because they are hilarious as a group and play off each other so well. Also sites like Giantbomb, basically good personalities doing LP's.

Any ideas?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't hate you because Achievement Hunter owns a lot.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Disappointing Pie posted:

Can this be a recommendation thread? I love loving funny rear end group LP's. Don't hate me but I love the Achievement Hunter / Rooster Teeth crew and their Worms, Madden, Minecraft LP's and the like because they are hilarious as a group and play off each other so well. Also sites like Giantbomb, basically good personalities doing LP's.

Any ideas?

Two Best Friends/Super Best Friends on Youtube is my go-to for funny group LPs. It's usually not all four of them present at the same time but you can basically mix-n-match any of them and still be entertained. Here's a montage video of a month-long series they did last year of wrestling games. It'll give you a good idea of what to expect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJl-ni3v8M

Edit: They have a website too: http://superbestfriendsplay.com/

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 21, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So I don't really pay attention to Sandcastle drama. Valkhorn is just a wannabee youtube superstar who came here for "criticism" but only wants people to enforce his ego right?

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 21, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Testekill posted:

So I don't really pay attention to Sandcastle drama. Valkhorn is just a wannabee youtube superstar who came her for "criticism" but only wants people to enforce his ego right?

gently caress if I know. I spent like, an hour playing Turbo Dismount and came back to this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Any ideas?

If we're doing recommendations I have one but uh. Might be a bit of a hard sell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9R_FLS4Fac Because he does use a facecam a lot of the time.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Testekill posted:

So I don't really pay attention to Sandcastle drama. Valkhorn is just a wannabee youtube superstar who came here for "criticism" but only wants people to enforce his ego right?

Yes. The problem was that he would occasionally listen to people's advice, but then use frames of reference people provided (ie: make it more like X person's LP of Y game) and instead of doing his own thing with the suggestion make a direct ripoff of the other LP. He would then get upset that people told him to do a thing but didn't specify "Don't copy it exactly." He also ran like two or three threads at a time that no one really cared about and people telling him to slow down because his LPs weren't really interesting to watch were liable to get PMs from him explaining how he was working to his own schedule. Gatz has a PM from him where he explained how AWESOME COOL his life was and that people on YouTube loved his videos. It was one of the funnier things I've read.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
Maybe this is all a ploy for Valkhorn to get his channel viewed by more than 10 people a week; a whiny publicity stunt from our favorite youtube manchild.

Please LP again on SA, Valkhorn. I miss your inane dronings over 20 year-old games listed on the forums for all to ignore. Art is never understood nor appreciated in its time, remember?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jokes on you guys though, you're all really gonna be in for it in a about an hour. :smug:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Lazyfire posted:

Yes. The problem was that he would occasionally listen to people's advice, but then use frames of reference people provided (ie: make it more like X person's LP of Y game) and instead of doing his own thing with the suggestion make a direct ripoff of the other LP. He would then get upset that people told him to do a thing but didn't specify "Don't copy it exactly."

The one time I watched a video from him was his Super Mario Bros. 3 LP, where he talked about how Mode 7 was the thing that enabled parallax scrolling, which blew the Master System out of the water because it couldn't handle that or something.

I counted at least ten or twelve wrong things before I stopped watching. I didn't even know you could even be that wrong about a game we all played.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Suspicious Dish posted:

The one time I watched a video from him was his Super Mario Bros. 3 LP, where he talked about how Mode 7 was the thing that enabled parallax scrolling, which blew the Master System out of the water because it couldn't handle that or something.

I counted at least ten or twelve wrong things before I stopped watching. I didn't even know you could even be that wrong about a game we all played.

I think the problems go beyond getting things dead wrong. He's incredibly bland and this translated into his threads as people didn't seem super inclined to post in threads about Symphony of the Night of all games when he LPd it. Pretty much anyone else would be looking at a thread a dozen or so pages long, but Valkhorn was so anti-interesting people didn't bother posting.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Lazyfire posted:

He's incredibly bland

Aggressively bland, if one recalls how his commentary has never gotten more interesting despite plenty of people telling him to try and improve upon it when he would make test post after test post after test post after te-

But I don't really want to give Valkhorn any more attention, so: anyone have any streamers they recommend? Since SGDQ I've been wanting to watch some of the speedrunners I like more often than twice a year, but are there any other people that are enjoyable to watch in spite of the facecam they almost certainly have?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I like DarkspinesSonic. He's not in it to win and gets mad, he just likes having fun with video games! He's been posting a bunch of highlights on his YouTube channel recently, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwYYNvRUYdw

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

BMS posted:

I haven't actually watched his videos before now; these remind me of ZeldaDungeon's video walkthroughs. Those are supposed to be dry though, since they're geared towards giving detailed instructions to players rather than being entertaining.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

In the latest Super Best Friendcast(2:14:20), Pat states his desire to burn down Something Awful to the ground. Please bring this up the next time you talk to him, Slowbeef.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Seshoho Cian posted:

In the latest Super Best Friendcast(2:14:20), Pat states his desire to burn down Something Awful to the ground. Please bring this up the next time you talk to him, Slowbeef.

Hahahaha what the hell am I seriously listening to a metal remix of loving Green Greens!?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

JordanKai posted:

Hahahaha what the hell am I seriously listening to a metal remix of loving Green Greens!?

2BF's original video was Kirby's Epic Yarn, so they figured it would be appropriate to have Green Greens as their theme. After that though they kept it since it usually had a lot of ironic hilarity to whatever they were actually playing.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

Seshoho Cian posted:

Pat states his desire to burn down Something Awful to the ground.

I 100% agree with him and I post here.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

I read somewhere that Matt and Pat hated each other's guts at first, but slowly came to tolerate each other's presences. I think that Pat and Lowtax could one day be very good acquaintances.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Supersonic Shine posted:

I read somewhere that Matt and Pat hated each other's guts at first, but slowly came to tolerate each other's presences. I think that Pat and Lowtax could one day be very good acquaintances.

Lowtax should challenge Pat to a boxing match

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Lowtax should challenge them to build a goku. :colbert:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Lowtax should challenge Pat to a boxing match
But Lowtax has children! He can't go around solving his problems with violence, that would set a bad example!

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Supersonic Shine posted:

But Lowtax has children! He can't go around solving his problems with violence, that would set a bad example!

Hahaha, you think Lowtax would be inflicting the violence.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Seshoho Cian posted:

Pfft, I don't mod here anymore. Tell Geop or Chip to build out their own YouTube celebrity network and interface with him. (Can't listen yet.)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Don't bring me in to this! I'm just a janitor :staredog:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Hahaha, you think Lowtax would be inflicting the violence.
It's a lose-lose situation either way. Either he imparts the lesson that violence is always a good solution, or his kids ask him questions about why he got beaten up by a balding Keebler elf.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

valkhorn posted:

Who is your snitch, huh??? PS how does it feel that these two videos i made which are literally unwatchable have more views than your entire channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEqJ4krDNdV3XsS-5TIER6A/videos

slowbeef posted:

Pfft, I don't mod here anymore. Tell Geop or Chip to build out their own YouTube celebrity network and interface with him. (Can't listen yet.)

I was watching your neither good noir interesting lets watch whatever and you missed an opportunity for a video game noir opening pun: "Just like Adam Jensen, I never asked for this". You're welcome. I am available for any future videos you need Comedy Commenting on.

Geop posted:

Don't bring me in to this! I'm just a janitor :staredog:

Bring back slow beef so my posting is tolerated and not probated again tbh.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Any ideas?

I've brought them up a few times earlier in the thread, but I'm a big fan of StreamFriends. They're a bunch of cool/funny people who stream a lot of really different games. I recommend their playthrough of Crypt Worlds and Game Dev Tycoon. If you like the runbutton LPs, Keith guests in a lot of their streams. Different people stream a couple different games most afternoons/nights at twitch.tv/StreamFriends, and their stuff gets archived on streamfriends.tv.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Seshoho Cian posted:

Pat states his desire to burn down Something Awful to the ground.

I've been trying to accomplish this for the past few years. For example, I think valkhorn is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.

judge reinhold posted:

I've been trying to accomplish this for the past few years. For example, I think valkhorn is cool.

I think stating that only lights people on fire, not so much SA.

To be fair, though, I think Pat wants to light a lot of things on fire. I guess it's part of his fiery personality.

• Locked thread