Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
:angelcatte:
Where is the kitchen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Mogren posted:

Where is the kitchen?

don't hide in the kitchen sweetie. here i'll get you a beer and introduce you around

google THIS

GEExCEE

it's right there buddy, just for you

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
Thanks it's important to know your e-home.

:wave:

3D Megadoodoo

Mogren posted:

Where is the kitchen?

Follow the sound of chicky salad entering my gullet.

3D Megadoodoo

Back in 2007 or so at Sofia's place it was me who ate all the bits of chicken from the chicken salad, by the way. Sorry everyone who happened to be there.

dogcrash truther

Jerry Cotton posted:

Back in 2007 or so at Sofia's place it was me who ate all the bits of chicken from the chicken salad, by the way. Sorry everyone who happened to be there.

ANother man has gone to jail for your crime...

3D Megadoodoo

dogcrash truther posted:

ANother man has gone to jail for your crime...

Well that worked out all right then :toot: For me.

FluffieDuckie

Jerry Cotton posted:

hi newbie! we're glad you're here

3D Megadoodoo

FluffieDuckie posted:

hi newbie! we're glad you're here

:tipshat:

3D Megadoodoo

This is a honeypot right? Now I'm gonna get probed by the mods.

GEExCEE

haha lol they dont even probe drilldo

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Jerry Cotton posted:

it isn't and you won't

FluffieDuckie

Jerry Cotton posted:

probably not, but the only probing that goes on here is 6 hours and honestly we could all use 6 hours away from the computer every once in a while

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
Hey BYOB I've got a question. What's a good rule of thumb to rate threads?

dogcrash truther

Mogren posted:

Hey BYOB I've got a question. What's a good rule of thumb to rate threads?

SIDS Vicious

Hello new users of BYOB, I am Sid Vicious (ignore my current name), I wish to befriend each and every one of you, so please, don't be afraid to post here in da YOB as we sometimes call it, heh. BYOB intrinsically falls into circle jerk territory, however I feel this is because there are currently such a small group of regular posters. If more people came and chatted with us about whatever they want really, in a nice chill environment, I feel like things could get even better! My own interests are incredibly varied, which is why I love posting here in BYOB, because there really isn't any limit to the things we can post about! Thank you newbies for reading this, and please, :justpost: I'm not gonna use capitalization any more, I promise guys.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

qft

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I just really feel like this is about shithouse dave. As a cat dictator I can't relate to that.
Welcome

cruft

Except for GBS threads that get cornholed here (or whatever they call it). Those get 2.

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
i had lurked sa for a long time with the occasional post, but then i discovered byob. ive only been posting for a month or so and not too often compared to some of the regulars and ive already had a poem written about me with a cute drawing to match and i didnt even ask! moral of the story is :justpost: everyone here is p nice and really welcoming

although ive noticed drilldo squirt posts a lot of negative threads and my strategy there is vote 1 and not post so they hopefully fall a few pages back as quickly as possible

Salmiakki

cruft posted:

Except for GBS threads that get cornholed here (or whatever they call it). Those get 2.

i think you will find the space thread deserves a five now that it has been fixed

cruft

om nom nom posted:

although ive noticed drilldo squirt posts a lot of negative threads and my strategy there is vote 1 and not post so they hopefully fall a few pages back as quickly as possible

Goons really love pile-ups, even on poo poo threads. But on the other hand, BYOB is pretty good at taking the piss out of just about anything, so whatevs.

Your strategy is sound tho, and I wish more folks would employ it.

cruft

Salmiakki posted:

i think you will find the space thread deserves a five now that it has been fixed

Indeed. Adjusting my vote now.

Salmiakki

om nom nom posted:

i had lurked sa for a long time with the occasional post, but then i discovered byob. ive only been posting for a month or so and not too often compared to some of the regulars and ive already had a poem written about me with a cute drawing to match and i didnt even ask! moral of the story is :justpost: everyone here is p nice and really welcoming

im glad you enjoyed the poem & drawing :h:

ChairmanMeow

I chose my thread ratings on my happiness scale

SIDS Vicious

rating threads a 5 willy nilly is definitely a viable voting method, however i like to take a good ten to fifteen minutes before i vote, make 5 columns, write down the posts i feel fall into each of the numbers columns, and weigh the thread that way. the op's posts all carry the weight of 5 regular posters posts, so if the op makes a couple really good posts it can turn around even the worst thread, but if they themselves make some really bad posts, well, thats a 1 probably.

dogcrash truther

Iggy Koopa posted:

rating threads a 5 willy nilly is definitely a viable voting method, however i like to take a good ten to fifteen minutes before i vote, make 5 columns, write down the posts i feel fall into each of the numbers columns, and weigh the thread that way. the op's posts all carry the weight of 5 regular posters posts, so if the op makes a couple really good posts it can turn around even the worst thread, but if they themselves make some really bad posts, well, thats a 1 probably.

you know if you did this in excel it would be faster

GEExCEE

i thought it was illegal to vote threads anything other than 5 in byob

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

dogcrash truther posted:

it would be easy to make a template to streamline future voting consideration

SIDS Vicious

dogcrash truther posted:

does open office have an excel style spreadsheet software, excel is probably above my budget, and piracy is just wrong

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Iggy Koopa posted:

does open office have an excel style spreadsheet software, excel is probably above my budget, and piracy is just wrong

it does sid you should explore your documentation efficiency options for improved posting

cruft

Iggy Koopa posted:

Sid you should really check out Google Drive which has not only spreadsheets but documents and presentations and probably other office suite poo poo, all for free, and stored gratis on their servers. This is handy for when your computer takes a nose dive, which is scheduled to happen in about 2½ months.

ChairmanMeow

if we used google docs we could make a community decision on how we wanted to vote, like talk about how we wanted things to go

SIDS Vicious

cruft posted:

Sid you should really check out Google Drive which has not only spreadsheets but documents and presentations and probably other office suite poo poo, all for free, and stored gratis on their servers. This is handy for when your computer takes a nose dive, which is scheduled to happen in about 2½ months.

oh man i didnt know it had spreadsheets and poo poo too, i use it to store my resume

Machai

As a newbie I find it difficult to navigate the maze that is the BYOB posting scene. It would be very helpful if someone could point out the people to avoid as well as listing and explaining some funny in-jokes (have any of the BYOB IKs done anything amusing?) to help me blend in better.

the unabonger

GEExCEE posted:

cool av friend

Caminus_Umbra

I can't see anything, but I can smell everything. Sweat, fear, poor choices in dance music. Everything.
Hi! I'm a newbie and stuff. I like kitchens, but find they are directly responsible for my weight gain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

please stop eating kitchens

• Locked thread