Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm voting Juanito until he or I is removed from the game. See you in a few days.

This doesn't seem to be an argument in good faith. I don't care for it.

Poque posted:

I don't know if that's scummy. stupid, sure, but not necessarily scummy

This seems like a more accurate assessment of Juanito's partnerclaiming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Pander posted:

It's like casually playing poorly on purpose.
Pretty much. Do you really think I'm going to bother with OOT chat with Cpig? He shot his dayvig a few posts into D1.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Juanito posted:

Pretty much. Do you really think I'm going to bother with OOT chat with Cpig? He shot his dayvig a few posts into D1.
Wouldn't be worth the effort of opening a spreadsheet or even sending a PM. Hay Cpig, tell me your thoughts. :rolleyes:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if you think he's town, why don't you want to talk with him OOT?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Once again, cpig gets the game rolling.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that is not an aggressive question, btw, I think I am not fundamentally understanding something

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also, ##vote merk

Obviously scum

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Poque posted:

if you think he's town, why don't you want to talk with him OOT?
Because it's Cpig, also: he wasted a dayvig like an hour after day 1 started.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
welp

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

Also, ##vote merk

Obviously scum
I actually agree with this. merk pretends to be outraged because I revealed my masonry, as if he knows for a fact that this is a bad thing (which he doesn't-- unless he has information that I don't).

"Oh no, the super duo of Cpig/Juan masonry has been revealed, the game is over. :qq: kill me or kill him" -merk

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Juanito posted:

I actually agree with this. merk pretends to be outraged because I revealed my masonry, as if he knows for a fact that this is a bad thing (which he doesn't-- unless he has information that I don't).

"Oh no, the super duo of Cpig/Juan masonry has been revealed, the game is over. :qq: kill me or kill him" -merk

You revealed your masonry as if you have information that it WON'T hurt in ways beyond "my partner's used his dayvig".

Why would it matter that he's used his dayvig or not? Say he didn't. Why would revealing the masonry before that point be dangerous, but afterward it wouldn't?

You seem to be making a LOT of assumptions here.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The thing for me is that a masonry is a place I like to bounce ideas off somebody knowing that they might not be fully-developed. If I have somebody I'm pretty sure is town, that's like best-case scenario for me since I can just throw out whatever without expecting them to try to twist it around.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Because I'm not afraid of my mason partner anymore?

I don't get it. I'm sure the warning in the OP is about revealing to the thread who your mason partner is. Pretty sure Cpig already knew he was your masonbro.

Also I could have believed Peta was your masonbro before you confirmed it was cpig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

Hah I lied

##vote Juanito

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Poque posted:

The thing for me is that a masonry is a place I like to bounce ideas off somebody knowing that they might not be fully-developed. If I have somebody I'm pretty sure is town, that's like best-case scenario for me since I can just throw out whatever without expecting them to try to twist it around.
Have you ever bounced an idea off of Cpig? I'm only glad I didn't when he had the dayvig.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm voting Juanito until he or I is removed from the game. See you in a few days.

Lame

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

Hah I lied

##vote Juanito

Pig lied, people died.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Have you ever bounced an idea off of Cpig? I'm only glad I didn't when he had the dayvig.

I live in a dream world where I imagine Cpig is observant, loquacious and just an all-around great guy talking out of thread in a masonry/scumteam.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Juanito: Either you are proposing that Opop is misleading us when he recommends against revealing masonries, or you have information that confirms there's no risk to you revealing it, or else you are simply playing in an anti-town manner (a quality which you're making GBS threads on your mason partner for having, ironically).

Think about it. All masonries are unconfirmed, nobody knows their partner's role, so theoretically there's no apparent risk in revealing masonries. However, Opop advised against it. That is the information we have to act on. So what information do you have that I don't that says it's just fine to ignore the mod's advice?

Also: Not a fan of preemptively dismissing a mason partner. It smacks of excuse-making to avoid putting yourself out there in private comms.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I live in a dream world where I imagine Cpig is observant, loquacious and just an all-around great guy talking out of thread in a masonry/scumteam.

1 out of 3 ain't bad I guess.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Pander posted:

Juanito: Either you are proposing that Opop is misleading us when he recommends against revealing masonries, or you have information that confirms there's no risk to you revealing it, or else you are simply playing in an anti-town manner (a quality which you're making GBS threads on your mason partner for having, ironically).

Think about it. All masonries are unconfirmed, nobody knows their partner's role, so theoretically there's no apparent risk in revealing masonries. However, Opop advised against it. That is the information we have to act on. So what information do you have that I don't that says it's just fine to ignore the mod's advice?

Also: Not a fan of preemptively dismissing a mason partner. It smacks of excuse-making to avoid putting yourself out there in private comms.
Opop says "may not".. so there is only the possibility. It's a gamble I was willing to take.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i remember ernie once saying how he wasn't actually that great of a social player and that the two players with a good social game on this site he could think of would be capps and cpig

i am still insulted to this day

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
merk made fun of my mmr, might vote merk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mr.capps posted:

i remember ernie once saying how he wasn't actually that great of a social player and that the two players with a good social game on this site he could think of would be capps and cpig

i am still insulted to this day

lol ernie rules

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Not really liking Merk's ultimatum/excusion from the thread. Juanito/CPig masonry drama is kinda useless at the moment. Would vote Merk.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I think that if merk isn't willing to play in good faith, that he is a detriment to this game. I don't think town would behave in such a fashion, especially not someone as experienced as merk. Even his argumentation on Juanito seems poorly formed, focused on a single point, and it seems unclear whether or not merk really thinks Juanito is scum.

##vote merk

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

GG y'all

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
bye

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Peta posted:

GG y'all
sorry about my :siren:mason partner:siren:

have fun doing good in the DR!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It was my first game with Peta in ages too... have fun in the DR, don't get malaria

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Juanito posted:

sorry about my :siren:mason partner:siren:

have fun doing good in the DR!

Your tone feels off. You're trying to mix an aggressive defense to merk's charges while acting all indifferent and casual.

Why take the gamble, Juan? What did it gain you?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Pander posted:

Your tone feels off. You're trying to mix an aggressive defense to merk's charges while acting all indifferent and casual.

Why take the gamble, Juan? What did it gain you?
What did I lose from it? Other than fake outrage from merk and Pander? Nobody else really cares.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

What did I lose from it? Other than fake outrage from merk and Pander? Nobody else really cares.

I don't know, I'm getting a genuine vibe from Pander here. I think that's he's just easily outraged by things.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Meinberg posted:

I don't know, I'm getting a genuine vibe from Pander here. I think that's he's just easily outraged by things.

I'm not outraged, I just don't get the point of a gambit from which he stands to gain absolutely nothing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

There is no frustration, outrage, or any negative reaction to what you did emotionally for me. I think you're scum for it. It's that simple.

When I made my vote, I just had an inkling that what you did was scummy. Your reactions, however, sealed the deal. You have completely disregarded what the Op says about not revealing masonry to try to justify your initial position. You reacted rather than tried to think about the situation critically. It looks fake. It looks like you're scum.

Look at how it went down:

Juanito posted:

I can't complain, at least he didn't shoot his mason partner

:jerkbag:

merk posted:

Why claim this when the op says it's probably not wise to claim it? ##vote Juanito

Juanito posted:

Because I'm not afraid of my mason partner anymore?

merk posted:

Why would that be your only concern based on what the op says?

Juanito posted:

probably not

may not
My PM doesn't give me any reason to be concerned. I take risks. :rolleyes:

I don't know how to do nested quotes for the last post. Read that in context. Look at his reaction to my initial vote. He has no idea why he outed his mason partner. There is no critical thought into what is happening. He's scrambling to try to explain away what he just did and my vote with it.

That is how scum play. That is the fake content you would expect from a scum player.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Meinberg posted:

This doesn't seem to be an argument in good faith. I don't care for it.

You aren't even quoting my argument here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

This abrasive attitude from merk is his scum game, btw.

Where is the abrasiveness? Where is the outrage? All I did was find and vote a scum player.

You seem to want to paint words with as much negative connotation as possible over a pretty simple case to try to discredit it rather than look at what actually happened.

This guy is clearly scum play, folks. I don't know how else to convey it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Confirm.

Just caught up. I'm torn, because this behavior from CPig feels really scummy, but giving a Scum vig powers seems incredibly unbalanced. I have to assume he's town, just because the alternative is terrifying.

The Juanito/merk slapfight isn't looking good for either side, but I'm kind of used to this behavior from merk. Sitting on my vote for now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ah, what the hell, it's day 1, and whether I'm used to it or not, Merk does really seem to be trying too hard.

##vote merk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Although I disagree that I'm trying beyond even the slightest bit, why is "trying too hard" scummy?

• Locked thread